Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Supply Unit should be limited, not banned. Ban it if it starts causing issues even @1.

Also, I think Yuya has enough cards now for him to be usable now.

He only has 1 playable trap and 2 playable spells in the deck currently, and I am reeeeeally apprehensive about letting pendulums enter the scene. I would have to put him in OP tier.

Strong and Yuya have been added to Normal Tier and OP tier respectively. Yuya is subject to change based on what happens with testing.

Supply Unit has been Limited for now, and Jack has been changed to 18 character cards and 3 Extra Deck cards.

Reiji could have been added, but they don't have enough card variety currently. Besides the DD's and DDD, they only have vanillas and Ancient Rules. Doesn't make for an interesting lineup or much room for creativity.

Yeah, Yuya is definitely not coming to the normal tier. Building up massive plays, sudden field flooding, being unable to use any battle stop traps and in many cases bounce. It's ridiculous in a format like this where people have to play specific cards.

luckily I put together a deck to show that. Because that would he would not be fun to deal in the normal tier. Also don't forget some spells during battle as well get stopped[such as lance], or pretty much force to use prematurely. And the ridiculous part is the cards that do it, are the character specific cards.

Also I'm shipping you the decklist I was using for him as well.[along 2 modded ones]. 

Also might want to  let people know about that other thing, you decided while playing against my verison of yuya's deck[thats in the pms].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whelps, Trudge got goyo back now.

Yeah. He's going to be put in OP tier while Goyo is back. We still don't have the new DSF either, so Greiger will suffer.

In other news, I may end up completely leaving Yu-Gi-Oh!, even from tournaments like these which I hold. I would be happy to pass the torch, though, and give whoever wanted to run the Character Deck Tournaments, changes to the list, etc the opportunity to do so.

Archived