Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for new ideas, what about final episode of the original series Yugi?

>.>

I said that as best as I could without spoilers.

Not entirely sure what you mean. If it was Yugi who was dueling, then all of those cards are his to use in the tournament. This includes regular Yugi and Yami Yugi, whether or not they were in different bodies.

So, if im reading things right

Full Armored Black Ray counts as a character card for Shark, but Zero Lancer doesnt for rio? D:

Sorry. I haven't watched the anime enough to know which cards belong to who off the top of my head. If Rio used Full Armored Crystal Zero Lancer in its equip form in the show, it can be a character card for her. If it was done by Shark, then it would be his card.

The following characters are under consideration for being added to normal tier, and need to be tested:

Joey Wheeler

Marik

Professor Viper

Bastion Misawa (When Mathmatician is released, if it's good)

Mr. Armstrong (Chain Disappearance is a character card)

Tetsu Trudge (Gaia Knight the Force of Earth is a character card -- When Gate Blocker comes out)

Maximillion Pegasus (May use 5 ED cards not theirs)

Tetsuo

Koyo Hibiki

Anna Kozuki

Not sure about the rest, but joey isn't ready for normal tier yet. The potential cards in his deck are good, but he lacks enough consistency to actually count as a fully fledged threat... unless somebody actually did something with him?

Not sure about the rest, but joey isn't ready for normal tier yet. The potential cards in his deck are good, but he lacks enough consistency to actually count as a fully fledged threat... unless somebody actually did something with him?

Only boon he got (that's been revealed so far) is that he has Blue Flame Swordsman now. Also, since the start of the tournament the minimum for characters has gone down by 3 and the Extra Deck size went up by 1. So, who knows.

Only boon he got (that's been revealed so far) is that he has Blue Flame Swordsman now. Also, since the start of the tournament the minimum for characters has gone down by 3 and the Extra Deck size went up by 1. So, who knows.

yeah, A test trial in normal tier might do him some good then, but I'm still doubtful. and now that I think about it, Pegasus might be even less ready than joey as far as deck consistency/support go.

yeah, A test trial in normal tier might do him some good then, but I'm still doubtful. and now that I think about it, Pegasus might be even less ready than joey as far as deck consistency/support go.

Way I looked at it, he has 3 Jar of Greed, 3 Toon Table of Contents, Relinquished (which is easier to use thanks to Preparation of Rights or Advanced Ritual Art), Manju, Toon Gemini Elf, Mask of Darkness, and Fissure. You can manage a deck out of that, and we just need to see how consistent it would be.

Plus, Toon Mermaid could be used as XYZ fodder.

I also am going to be making a list of "freebie" cards that can be played as if they are character cards in the extra deck, because they would get no use otherwise. You can only pick one, though, if you decide to use one in the first place. Stuff like Lucky Straight and Illumiknight.

The possible list so far:

Number 58: Burner Viser

Number 63: Shamoji Soldier

Number 65: Djinn Buster

Number 83: Galaxy Queen

Number 87: Queen of the Night

Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon

Number 34: Terror-Byte

Number 43: Soul Marionetter

Number 7: Lucky Straight

Number 10: Illumiknight

Number 56: Gold Rat

Baby Triagon

Ghostrick Dullahan (Since people running a Ghostrick deck isn't going to fly)

Mira the Star-Bearer

Shark Caesar

Tin Archduke

Any level 3 Fusion

Ally of Justice Field Marshal

Dragunity Knight - Trident

Jurrac Giganoto

Naturia Leodrake

Thunder Unicorn

Voltic Bicorn

Really, it feels like Akiza needs to be bumped into OP tier. With Lonefire at 2 and all these new powerful plants coming out, it seems like there's too much that would have to be done to stop her from being too strong in the format. Other than that, Gauche, Aporia, and Dextra all pose major threats. Mai got a boon in being able to play Phoenix Formation now, too, so she won't be forced to play really, really bad spells.

Really, it feels like Akiza needs to be bumped into OP tier. With Lonefire at 2 and all these new powerful plants coming out, it seems like there's too much that would have to be done to stop her from being too strong in the format. Other than that, Gauche, Aporia, and Dextra all pose major threats. Mai got a boon in being able to play Phoenix Formation now, too, so she won't be forced to play really, really bad spells.

her cards don't really support the Sylvans. like, at all. 

Archived