[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Rivere (Guardian):

"Go, Ludicolo!" The aquatic plant Pokemon materialized out of its confinement. Though its expression was joyful as always, Rivere could sense its anger. "I don't have to tell you this, but... we cannot take this lightly." The Pokemon agreed with a growl.

"A hybrid Water-type Pokemon?" Mikhail sneered. "Weren't you the one who was too good to rely on type advantage? Regardless, the outcome remains the same! Magmortar, Fire Blast!" Magmortar roared, charging another extremely powerful fire attack in its cannon.

"Ludicolo, dodge it! Get close and use Water Pulse!" Ludicolo moved with speed belying its bulk, narrowly avoiding the incoming wall of flames. It dashed close to Ludicolo, and unleashed a solid blast of water from its mouth . However, her opponent's smirk never wavered.

"Magmortar, take the attack and grab Ludicolo!" Rivere recoiled in shock. Ludicolo's Water Pulse was far from weak, and it also had type advantage against Magmortar. However confident in Magmortar's power he might be, to order it to take a full-on charge head-on...

Magmortar readied its stance. Ludicolo slammed into it, colliding with the Fire Pokemon's powerful arm. Water and fire exploded around them.

"Magmortar, use Fire Punch!" Mikhail snarled. As ordered, Magmortar unleashed a powerful fist of flame against its opponent from point-blank range. Ludicolo reeled backwards, groaning in pain - even though its Water type made it resistant to Fire attacks, its Grass type offset that advantage. However, it refused to give up, glaring at Magmortar.

"If you continue using these weak attacks, you won't even be able to defeat Magmortar!" Mikhail gloated. "What a waste of time!" Rivere, though, saw it was not quite that simple. Magmortar still stood, true - but the signs of weariness were evident in its expression, the way it was panting slightly. Taking on the full-force Water Pulse had done more damage to it than the counterattack had inflicted to Ludicolo. Furthermore... a patch of mud had formed around Magmortar where water had mixed in with the soft soil of the arena. Mikhail hadn't noticed, or wasn't paying attention. But standing on the wrong terrain could be a serious disadvantage...

"Ludicolo." Rivere ordered. "Go! [I]Giga Impact![/I]"

Energy gathered around Ludicolo, forming a sphere of pure force, as the Pokemon prepared to unleash the ultimate close combat attack. Mikhail merely smiled, though.

"Wait until it's close, and dodge it!" He ordered. He was likely banking on the fact that Ludicolo would remain stunned after Giga Impact, in order to finish the mach.

Rivere smirked.

Ludicolo charged, a ball of blazing light. As ordered, Magmortar waited, and when Ludicolo had narrowed the gap between them by half, it moved aside - however, the Pokemon's feet, which had half-sunk into the mud, could not move fast enough. Magmortar freed his feet, but it was one second too late - Ludicolo's mass crashed into it with overwhelming power. An explosion rattled the jungle arena, causing both trainers to cover their faces from the blast. And when it cleared -

"Magmortar is unable to battle! Ludicolo wins!"

Although heavily fazed, Ludicolo was still standing, strong and defiant. Magmortar, on the other hand, having suffered the full force of the Giga Impact, had collapsed, unable to hold itself up any more. Seemingly speechless, Mikhail retrieved the empty Pokeball, recalling the Fire Pokemon.

"...no matter. You did well." He addressed Magmortar. "Rest now - I'll be sure to make your efforts count."

"You're surprisingly kind to your Pokemon." Rivere observed. "It seems you understand the basics of raising them... but if so, why? Why would you harm so many of them, to fulfill your ambitions?"

"You... you don't understand what these ambitions meant!" Mikhail snarled. "To me... or to others... they were far more than just a scheme to make money! Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made!"

"Nothing is worth that sacrifice!" Rivere countered angrily.

"Bah! You have no clue what you're talking about! It's no use - I'll bury you here and now! You may have defeated Magmortar, but none of your Pokemon stand a chance against this! Go, Drapion!" He threw a Pokeball into the sky, which unleashed a purple-skinned scorpion monster, with an elongated body and arms featuring sharp claws.

"Poison and Dark... Ludicolo is at a disadvantage." Rivere muttered. Ludicolo had taken damage - it was unlikely to be able to defeat Drapion in this state. She should recall it... but if she did, Mikhail would know exactly what Pokemon he had to deal with. Her only choice...

"Ludicolo... can you still battle?" She asked. Her Pokemon responded with a spirited roar. She nodded. She'd just have to bet on Ludicolo's efforts. Even if Ludicolo's Grass-type was a poor match for Drapion, Ludicolo possessed other attacks as well.

"Ludicolo, Ice Beam!"

"Drapion, Cross Poison!"

The ice stream that Ludicolo shot from its mouth collided with the cross-shaped poison veins sent forth from Drapion's claws, resulting in a blast. Rivere prepared to order Ludicolo to move, but -

"N - no way! So fast - !!" In that short amount of time, Drapion had already closed the space between the two Pokemon.

"Poison Fang!" Mikhail ordered. Drapion's claws sunk into Ludicolo's skin, and the grass Pokemon cried out in pain as it was heavily poisoned.

"Hang in there, Ludicolo! Use Water Pulse!" Rivere said desperately.

"Toxic Spikes!" Mikhail ordered. Though Ludicolo's counterattack struck head-on, Drapion, unfazed, buried dozens of envenomed spikes into the ground. Rivere groaned - if she sent out a new Pokemon, it would be instantly poisoned! The situation was bad... she had to finish this instantly!

"Giga Impact!" She ordered forcefully. Ludicolo prepared to charge -

"End this." Mikhail snarled gleefully. "Venoshock!"

The highly toxic gas unleashed from Drapion's body enveloped Ludicolo, causing it to scream out in agony. A super-effective attack with a same-type bonus, doubled by Ludicolo's poisoned state... Rivere closed her eyes. She didn't want to see Ludicolo fall to the ground, succumbing to the venom...

A prideful roar shook her to her senses. Ludicolo was still standing, surrounded by the brilliant light of Giga Impact. It shot forth like a cannonball, causing both Drapion and its trainer to flinch in shock. It crashed into Drapion, sending it flying backwards. But...

Ludicolo collapsed, immediately after its charge. Drapion, while stunned, performed a sommersault in mid-air, landing on its feet. Though obviously heavily damaged, it was still in battle-ready state.

"Ludicolo is unable to battle! Drapion wins!" The referee declared. Rivere smiled softly, withdrawing her Pokemon. Ludicolo's final stand had reminded her... as long as her trust didn't waver, she could break through with her Pokemon.

"What a pathetic final effort." Mikhail sneered. "You have only one choice left. Whatever Pokemon you choose will be envenomed by Toxic Spikes, and even if you defeat Drapion, I still have another Pokemon left to unleash. I think those conditions are enough! Use it, your legendary Pokemon!" He shouted, yielding several exclamations of surprise from the crowd. I will show you... I will show everyone what a fraud you are! I will bring both you and that thing to your knees!"

Rivere glanced at Virizion's Pokeball. She only sensed a calm serenity from the legendary Pokemon. It was content to let Rivere make the choice. If she used Virizion, it would defeat Mikhail's remaining Pokemon. But...

"No. I will not yield to you, even if I lose." She said steadily. "I don't care what kind of grudge you hold against me. In my eyes, you are a criminal. I will fight you on my own terms! Go, Torterra!"

The final Pokemon she had chosen materialized before her. The white energy form grew in size until it towered over Drapion - Torterra was indeed her largest Pokemon. Its huge green-and-brown body was covered by a hard shell, from which two trees sprouted.

"Then you will lose." Mikhail said, shaking his head. Toxic Spikes sprang under Torterra's feet, causing it to writhe as it was affected by poison. "Drapion, attack! Ice Fang!"

"Stop it with Earthquake!" Rivere commanded. Torterra rose on its rear legs, slamming down with all its weight. The ground cracked and shattered, causing the chargin gDrapion to lose its balance and fly into a tree. Stunned, it tried to recover its bearings. "And now, finish it - Frenzy Plant!" Thorn-filled vines sprang from the cracks in the earth caused by the quake, spearing through Drapion's body. Even though Drapion was resistant to the Grass-type attack, Frenzy Plant was too powerful for it in its weakened state. With a weak groan, it collapsed.

"Drapion is unable to battle! Torterra wins!" The referee decided. Mikhail looked unfazed as he retrieved Drapion, nodded to the Pokeball, and replaced it on his belt.

"I expected at least that much." He said coolly. "But, nothing will change. For my last Pokemon... go, Cryogonal!"

The next Pokemon to appear seemed a serious mismatch for Torterra. It was tiny, not even the size of Torterra's head. It resembled a metallic snowflake, floating in mid-air. Rivere gasped.

"You can see your predicament." Mikhail stated. "Cryogonal is an Ice type, so its attacks will be four times as effective to Torterra, while Torterra's Grass type moves will only be half as effective. It possesses the ability Levitate, so Earthquake is useless against it. And it's small and fast, so Torterra will have a hard time even hitting it. Meanwhile, the poison will continue weakening Torterra... what will you do now?"

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Why would it matter if I had a Legendary Pokemon?" Artorigus asked. He was confused by the fact why it would matter if he had a Legendary Pokemon. "Do you know something about this?" Kaeden asked Keldeo, making sure to keep their conversation private. "Well, maybe a little." Keldeo said, bowing his head sheepishly. That wasn't like Keldeo, usually he was all about challenging anyone that questioned him, but it seemed as if Keldeo was incredibly uncomfortable. "Tell me then." Kaeden said, annoyed with his friend. The fact that they could know each other for so long and have such a big secret was very troubling. "Not now." Keldeo protested, a resemblance of his old self shining through. "Yes now, if I am putting you in dan-...you know what, no. I don't need to argue you with you." 

"Thanks, I'd really appreciate it if you healed Keldeo, and afterwards, I wouldn't mind if you filled me in as to what is going." Kaeden's voice sounded a bit snappier that he would've liked, but the stress of the situation was getting to him. "But, we need to hurry. I don't want to make Ludicolo wait any longer than he has to." 

"I have an extra Max Potion in my bag. Get it and use it on Ludicolo...cause I'm gonna be explaining A LOT." Blake chuckled, as he started applying the medicine to the Legendary Pokemon. "I may not know the entire situation fully, but...from what I've gathered, there are a few people trying to hunt Legendaries. Sorta like those older organizations in those history books. Ya know, like Team Rocket and them." he paused, as he finished applying the medicine, as he stood up, gently petting Keldeo's head. "Meaning, with people like that running around, showing your Legendary off would be a bad idea, as they would target you." He finished for the time being, as he glanced at Keldeo and Kaeden again, but seeing that they had a look of confusion on their faces. "Right, you guys really won't believe me...luckily I happen to have an old friend, Keldeo." With this, Blake took his Master Ball and released the Pokemon within it.

Keldeo...it's been a long time. Good to see your doing well. Cobalion said with a smile.

"Yeah...like you, I was chosen as well. So, before anything else...I must ask you something. Will you hear me out, Kaeden?"

Rushing to Blake's bag, Kaeden pulled out the Max Potion. Grabbing the Pokeball that contained Ludicolo he released the semi aquatic Pokemon. "colo". Ludicolo whimpered. The burns and cuts evident all along his body. Using the Max Potion, Kaeden began to treat the injured Pokemon and within a few moments it seemed as if Ludicolo was better, for the most part. Rest now.  Kaeden thought to himself. He then listened to what Blake had to say. 

When Blake mentioned other evil organizations he had a flashback to a game he had played once where he was a character that had to free the Legendary Pokemon known as Mewtwo from the grasps of the evil Giovanni. In Kaeden's opinion, the game had been too easy to beat, what with having a character that seemed to gain power without much need for experience, but it had been a good game nonetheless. 

So an evil organization that hunts down Legendary Pokemon. That was definitely a call for alarm. Kaeden was just about to return Keldeo to his Pokeball when Blake brought out Cobalion. Kaeden just marveled. "I've read about you..." Kaeden said in awe. From what Kaeden remembered Cobalion had been the leader of a group of Pokemon that fought evil. A group of Pokemon that Keldeo had been a part of. But, when Kaeden has asked Keldeo about it, Keldeo had just gotten sad. 

"I thought I sensed you." Keldeo said, projecting his thoughts outward so that everyone could hear them. He quickly thanked Blake for the Max Potion and then readdressed Cobalion. "Any word on the others?" Kaeden had never seen Keldeo like that before. The Keldeo he knew was always ready to take charge, always ready to show anyone that he was the boss. But that wasn't the case with Cobalion. With Cobalion, Keldeo seemed almost humbled. "I think it is needless to say that I would be more than happy to hear you out." 

None yet. You are the first we've come in contact with. Now, you may want to turn your attention to Blake, Keldeo. Cobalion replied to his younger friend, as he nodded at Blake.

Blake cleared his throat and placed his hands in his pockets. "Winning this tournament, it really isn't my true goal here. You see, my goal and Cobalion's goal is intertwined. By that I mean, we're going to stop these people from taking the Legendaries, but the two of us aren't going to be able to do it alone." He stopped and felt the breeze on his skin, looking up to the sky with a smile, unaware of the Unown. "If you recall, the Swords of Justice was a group that consisted of four Pokemon: Terrakion, Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. To beat this threat, I've come to find the remaining three trainers and their corresponding Legendary Pokemon to form a new group with the Swords: The Blades of Justice." Blake ended his explanation, as he looked at Kaeden and Keldeo. "Your choice to join or to stay away. I won't stop you from leaving, though it would be good to have a small team within the tournament."

Cobalion nodded. Keldeo...I am impressed at your strength now. The day before the incident happened, you were placed as a Sword of Justice...will you continue that role now?

“I believe I have located two Legendary Pokemon, and I want you to retrieve one,” Moira said strutting into Steve’s lab. Going immediately to the screen of the hidden camera Moira typed in the ID for her drone, its video feed replacing the one on the screen. Then she rewound the footage until she reached the conversation between N.N., Ice, and Kaeden, “The scruffy looking boy, and the blue haired girl; I have reason to believe that both of them, or at least the boy, are in possession of a Legendary Pokemon. I want you to retrieve the boy, and bring him to me, the girl… well I’m not positive she has a Legendary Pokemon yet, and Elias is stalking her.” Finished Moira returned the video feed to normal, exiting the office she left with only these words, “I trust you’ll get the job done.”

Half way back to the lab her phone vibrated in the rear pocket of her pants, taking the phone out she it to be Richard, “How… fitting,” Moira scowled at the phone, but sent back a text all the same.

I believe I have found two holders of Legendary Pokemon. Steven is handling one of them, but I’m not sure I trust him to get the job done. Keep tabs on these two, and if Steven fails retrieve the boy, NOT the girl. She’s… Elias’.

-Moira

Sending the message with an attached picture of Ice and Kaeden  Moira returned to the lab finding that Elias had infiltrated Ice’s hotel room with the drone, and the girl currently had a Cresselia out, “Well, what an interesting development.” 

"Blades of Justice? Kinda cliche..." Kaeden mused. The idea of becoming part of a team largely appealed to him. An image struck him of himself standing heroically over the fallen bodies of evil, one foot planted on the back of an unconscious opponent, smile dazzling and majestic light shining from behind him. "Cause that's how it is going to happen." Keldeo said sarcastically, laughing at the image that Kaeden had in his head. "I don't need your sass."  Kaeden retorted, still feeling cross that Keldeo withheld so much information.

"Yeah, I'm in. So, do we go searching for these bad guys, or do they come to us?" Kaeden asked. Eager to achieve his recently thought up dream of becoming a superhero. 

A smile of relief was seen as Blake smiled and nodded. "Welcome to the team, Kaeden, Keldeo."

BLADES OF JUSTICE!

2/4

"As for now, you keep close and we don't draw attention to ourselves. They won't know about our Legendaries, unless they have been snooping around. So, until they make their move, we wait to make ours." Blake said, with a slight nod. In a small warfare such as this, they had to wait to see what would happen. Really it was all they could do at this point. "For now, return Keldeo to the Pokeball and don't bring him out unless needed. We'll be able to keep a link with them, along with Cobalion and Keldeo being in a link as well."

Cobalion nodded. Sound good with you, Keldeo? Kaeden?

The Unown went with Ice's silent suggestion and quickly adapted to the act of 'having a fever'. Ice went to her room and placed it on a spare bed, and for a moment it began to wonder whether she was actually innocent in all this- but these thoughts were instantaneously swept away as she took out a Pokeball and released the being inside. There it was. The Lunar Light. So it turned out that she did have it, after all. Looking at the Lunar Light, the Unown's eye flashed red suddenly, as if it were about to fire a Hidden Power attack.

The glow quickly died back down, and the Unown resumed being sick. Even though it had completed its mission, there were still things it had to uncover.

-----

The ultimate luck. Unown watched as the second person - apparently going by the name of Blake - released a Cobalion. The two of them were holding a conversation, but it couldn't risk revealing its presence just to listen in. Still, it did sneak in closer by the ground, enough to get a clear shot - and its eyes flashed red, for just a moment as if it were about to fire out an attack. The glow quickly died down, but the Unown could only hope that they hadn't noticed it.

For if any of them had, its position would be compromised.

-----

N.N sat alone, secluded in his hotel room that was redecorated to resemble a building very ancient. His number was 34C. Even with the modern walls, any who walked in would instantly get a sense of passing time. At the moment, it looked as if he were performing some kind of ritual. In front of him, a circle - resembling a particular bird with a fan-like tail - had been inscribed with ink.

On top of it were three sheets of paper. Psychic paper. Well, not psychic paper per se, but something very close to it. Each Unown was connected to one of them, and once they had found a Legendary, they were to 'take a picture' and 'send it back'. While this was convenient in a way, it was also inconvenient at the same time in that psychic paper took a while to be prepared, and that if a picture was taken too soon, they wouldn't get another chance. A crystal ball would've been a lot more convenient, but seeing through the eyes of an Unown was.....confusing, to put it into words.

The first paper, the one furthest to the left, suddenly had fires burn through it. But instead of turning into ash, as the fire spread, it slowly painted a picture.

A hotel room. In fact, one of the hotel rooms in this exact hotel, though he couldn't be sure about the rooming. Then, there she was - the Legendary Lunar Pokemon, Cresselia, stretching about in what she believed to be her freedom. Had they met? He had been with so many Legendaries in the past that he couldn't quite recall which he had met and which he hadn't. But her counterpart, Darkrai, was an entity he had definitely encountered in the past. She seemed to be alone, but her trainer was probably just standing behind the Unown.

The second paper in the middle followed a few minutes later, burning slower than the first. When it was done, it revealed something even greater than the first. Not only did it show the two trainers in clear sight (Kaeden and Blake), but it showed two very clear Legendary Pokemon...Cobalion, and Keldeo.

N.N now possessed two photos of evidence to submit to Team Purity, and he didn't doubt that a third would quickly follow. If he chose to give them, they would almost certainly gain the advantage... He decided that he wouldn't, but he would still have to report something back to them. He took out a device - did they call it a phone? - and sent a message to headquarters.

I have confirmed the presence of the Legendaries Cresselia, Cobalion, and Keldeo in the tournament, under the possession of three participating trainers. Cresselia's owner is a blue-haired girl who arrived by ship, the other two are male, both with dark-brown hair. All three trainers have yet to be identified.

-N.N

He didn't see the need to mention the photos just yet- hold on, what was that?

Looking closer at the first image, he saw what appeared to be a...metallic object....it took him a while to recognize it as that person's, Elias's drone. "I see. Interesting. You saw my Unown, did you not? Let us test your intelligence and see how long it takes for you to connect the dots...mongrel." N.N thought out loud, with a small grin.

Eventually, Terra decided she'd better sit down and watch one of the Pokemon battles. Perhaps that would calm her down, and make her realize that there were decent people on this island after all. That's when she settled down on a bench, just in time to see a Ludicolo beat down a Magmortar with Giga Impact. Why it didn't use Hydro Pump or something along those lines, Terra didn't know. But now the Ludicolo was trying to fight off a Drapion.

"Oh good lord," Terra sighed as Drapion's trainer spoke, "Another high and mighty son of a..."

"At least he appears to know what he's doing," Terrakion intervened, apparently not having the requirement to say anything further until the trainer mentioned a few key words, "Wait... that trainer spoke of a Legendary Pokemon, and as far we can concern, the woman he's opposing uses Grass-types. Perhaps..."

'You do realize that Shaymin and Celebi are also Grass-types, right?' Terra asked hypothetical.

"Don't cast shadows of doubt on me; I'm certain that this is one of the Blades!" Terrakion protested.

However, as the female trainer recalled her fallen Ludicolo, Virizion wasn't there to take its place. Instead, the gargantuan tortoise-shaped Pokemon known as Torterra entered the fray, followed after a short battle by Cyrogonal, the Crystallizing Pokemon, and one of a type that Terra had been dreading. Just the mere sight of Cyrogonal was enough to start the deceleration of Terra's defective heart, and her body to shake as if unknown winds were cutting to the bone.

"Terra! If you value your life, then you must snap out of this stupor!" exclaimed a concerned Terrakion.

Terra remained paralyzed. She could feel the heart drop, but she could do nothing to save herself. Things were starting to prove hopeless.

Jackson (Trainer):

The old captain juggled the possibilities in his head. Truth be told, he was never one for too much strategy. He always preferred jumping straight to the action, and winging it when things got rough. But against a Bronzong, he couldn't be too careless.

"Alright... I choose Zweilous!" A brown-furred quadripedal Pokemon with two heads, vaguely resembling a cross between a turtle and a young dragon, appeared out of its Pokeball.

"A Dragon-type?" His opponent inquired. "Well, it's not going to help you much here! Bronzong, attack with Gyro Ball!" The floating Pokemon began furiously spinning around itself, until it was surrounded by a ring of energy, launching itself against the small dragon.

"Zweilous, stop it with Dragonbreath!" The Pokemon's two mouths opened, and a continuous spirallingstream of fire shot forth, striking the enemy mid-flight. Gyro Ball lost its momentum and Bronzong began flailing in mid-air. More importantly, sparks surrounded it, indicating that Dragonbreath had paralyzed it - which was what Jackson had been aiming for.

"Zweilous, get close and use Crunch!" Jackson pressed on. The dragon closed the distance with a great leap.

"Bronzong doesn't have to move to stop your attacks." Hawthon growled. "Psychic!" Purple aura surrounded Zweilous, stopping it and sending it flying into a nearby rock. The dragon Pokemon growled, standing up with effort.

"And now, Hypnosis!" Hawthon ordered again. Just as the sleep-inducing psychic rings shot out of Bronzong's body, though, Jackson raised his hand.

"Dragon Rush!" He ordered. Zweilous leapt high into the air, dodging the Hypnosis. Then, wrapped in an azure aura of pure, raging energy, it charged downwards. "Can you stop this?" Jackson challenged.

"Psychic!" Hawthon screamed desperately, knowing that the afflicted Bronzong couldn't move out of the way fast enough. However, even though the psychic pulse surrounded the descending Zweilous, it was too weak to stop its charge. With a mighty impact, Zweilous crashed into Bronzong, sending it unconscious on the ground.

"Bronzong is unable to battle! Zweilous wins!" The referee proclaimed, earning a satisfied smirk from Jackson.

"Bronzong, return... good fight." Hawthon muttered. His expression steeled. "You may have me outnumbered, old man, but I've been saving the best for last... go, Medicham!"

Jackson frowned as the strange, rounded fighting Pokemon appeared. "Another Psychic type..." He muttered. "But it doesn't have the type advantage against either Zweilous or Cloyster. Hmm..."

"Alright Medicham, let's kick this off with a blast! Hi Jump Kick!"

"Zweilous, dodge it!" Jackson ordered, knowing that if Hi Jump Kick failed, there would be significant recoil damage. However, it was not going to be that easy. Medicham's speed was astonishing, and as Zweilous was caught off-guard, it couldn't move in time. The Hi Jump Kick landed squarely, sending it flying.

"Press on, Medicham! Ice Punch!" Following its smooth landing, the fighting Pokemon jumped into the sky, reaching an amazing altitude effortlessly. Its fist coated in ice, it launched a direct attack against Zweilous, whose Dragon type rendered it susceptible to the Ice type move. Zweilous was sent crashing into the ground.

"Your Medicham is well-trained." Jackson said, halfway between admiration and shock. "It excels in both offense and speed... but don't count Zweilous out just yet!" Indeed, the two-headed dragon rose through a cloud of dust, roaring angrily.

"Even if it's not down yet, it will be soon with that amount of damage." Hawthon said dismissively. "Medicham, Zen Headbutt!" The pink Pokemon charged onwards, its head wrapped in psychic energy.

"Zweilous still has a move it can use... go! Draco Meteor!"

"What?! It knows that move?!" Hawthon recoiled. A tremendous amount of energy gathered in Zweilous' two mouths, rapidly spiralling out of control. "Medicham, stop! Dodge it!"

Just as Medicham's Zen Headbutt struck Zweilous, throwing it backwards, the Dragon Pokemon released the energy of Draco Meteor into the sky, causing a barrage of light spheres to fall down like a majestic meteor shower. Because Medicham was still caught in the middle of its movement, most of them struck the target - however, Medicham withstood the attack, demonstrating its defensive prowess by using its arms to offset the impact. When Draco Meteor faded away, it was still standing, if barely - unlike Zweilous, which had finally succumbed to accumulated damage.

"Zweilous is unable to battle! Medicham wins!" The referee shouted.

"You did well, Zweilous." Jackson recalled his fallen Pokemon. "Now for my last... return to the field, Cloyster!" He commanded, bringing out the armored shell Pokemon.

"Bring it, then! Medicham won't be so easy to defeat! Use Calm Mind!" The Pokemon entered a meditative stance, and a purple aura surrounded it.

"Cloyster quick, Ice Beam!" But Jackson, who had been off-guard by the change in Hawthon's tactics, had given the order a second too late.

"Detect!" Hawthon ordered. Medicham's eyes glowed, and a translucent barrier surrounded it, completely protecting its body from the incoming stream of ice. "Now use Calm Mind once more!"

"Ice Beam again!" This time, the Ice Beam was fast enough to hit the target. However, as it subsided, Medicham rose, not looking particularly fazed. Its special attack and defense had been raised significantly now, and even Cloyster's full-power attacks were not guaranteed to be effective.

"And now Medicham, attack with Zen Headbutt!"

"Cloyster, use Poison Jab!" Jackson, getting a sudden inspiration, commanded. The tip of Cloyster's front horn glowed purple, and as Medicham charged, it stung into the opponent's body, afflicting it with a deadly toxin. Struck by Zen Headbutt, Cloyster reeled backwards - but Medicham groaned in pain, affected by poison.

"Guess you didn't expect that, huh?" Jackson said triumphantly. "This is just how I like it... will Cloyster fall first to your Medicham's attacks, or will Medicham fall to poison before that? Cloyster, Withdraw!" Cloyster hid into its shell, surrounded by a white aura.

"You are daring for an old man..." Hawthon was still wearing a confident smirk. "We will take your challenge head-on! Medicham! Keep it up with Zen Headbutt!"

"Cloyster, Withdraw!"

The two Pokemon pressed on and on, Cloyster continually increasing its defense as Medicham whittled away at its endurance, while its own health was drained by the poison. Several minutes passed, neither trainer stopping, neither Pokemon giving way. After several exchanges, Cloyster's shell began to crack, indicating it had reached the very limit of its capacity to defend. At the same time, Medicham looked too worn out itself.

It was time to decide everything with a final blow.

"Cloyster, use Ice Beam!"

"Medicham, one final Hi Jump Kick! Go!"

The two shouts resonated at the same time. Both Pokemon charged their attacks. A solid stream of ice shot from Cloyster's body, but it was met by the force of Medicham's frontal kick. Cloyster continued firing the ice beam, but Medicham refused to move, pushing forward inch by inch. Each Pokemon's willpower was reflected in their eyes, as well as the eyes of their trainers. There was only one who could remain standing, and in the end -

Medicham's kick swept away the ice, causing it to shatter in all directions. Cloyster recoiled. The fighting Pokemon grabbed the opening immediately. In an instant, it was there, with a charged kick that would surely knock its opponent out, were it to connect. In that instant -

Medicham stopped, foot inches away from reaching its target. Its body, battered and beaten, slowly loosening. The focus in its eyes faded. And just like that, unable to hold itself up for even one more instant, it collapsed backwards, all energy drained.

Both trainers, and the referee, stood frozen for a few seconds, processing what had happened. And then -

"Me - Medicham is unable to battle! Cloyster wins! This means that the victor of this 3-on-3 Pokemon match is contestant Jackson!"

The crowd went wild with applause - everyone had been glued to this brave exchange of offense and defense, and regardless of the outcome, were pleased to have been treated to such a narrow fight. Hawthon, too, smiled softly, recalling his Cloyster.

"I wouldn't have expected this from you, old man." He said. "Your strength is the real thing... I look forward to fighting you again." Jackson nodded, relishing in the surge of pride he felt.

Maybe he wasn't too old for this, after all.

Steve

Whilst the screen had the footage from Moira's drone, Steve took a picture of the boy that Moira figured would have a legendary pokemon for future reference. As soon as Moira left his lab, Steve headed to his disguise closet which was hidden behind a wall. He looked through all the disguises he had and picked the outfit that he thought he could blend in best in. "Perfect." Steve mused as he found an outfit that was designed by the Tiger Lily of Celestic Town Lila's Grandaughter, Lily.

When he had finished changing, Steve grabbed his smoke bombs and paused for a bit before leaving. "As soon as I find that kid, I'll discretely use one of my new smoke bombs. Perhaps I should've told Moira about my new weapon." Shrugging his shoulders thinking that it wouldn't matter, he left the hideout and sent out his Liepard. He figured that if he rode on his Liepard, he would get to his destination in a matter of hours. Before setting off, he thought to himself. "If I fail to retrieve that boy for Moira, then I have my backup plan to fallback on." Getting out his P-DA, he loaded up a picture of Celebi and he developed a smirk on his face before getting on top of his Liepard heading for his destination, focusing on Plan A first.

---

Silver and Alex
Making his way back to the courtyard, Silver had noticed a boy taking care of a Hydreigon. He walked up to Alex and delivered a compliment to him. "I can see that your Hydreigon is well trained." Alex paused for a moment and turned to Silver. "Thanks." He replied. "As a dragon pokemon trainer myself, I can tell that your Hydreigon is well trained because of the glimmer in its eyes." Alex was impressed by Silver's knowledge of dragon types, but knowing that he was a rival as well, changed the subject. "Thanks for the compliment, I take pride in making my pokemon the best that they can be, but I also know that since you're in this tournament you're an enemy. However that doesn't mean that we can't be friends right?" Silver gave a bewildered look and promptly accepted Alex's friendship handshake before walking off and thinking. "He must be quite the competitive trainer then given his last response."

Silver
Giving a sigh, Silver stood in an alleyway where Celebi proceeded to speak to him telepathically. "My protector, I think danger is on the horizon." "I agree, but we must be vigilant." Silver replied whilst looking both ways before heading back to the courtyard.

2cnck20.png

Serena Finch

"Well, I am a quite a good trainer, if I do say so myself." Serena said, not wasting any time on being modest. "But, my fast win has nothing to do with it, unfortunately. The pompous snob that was my opponent ran off when I hurt her 'precious little pussy cat.'" Serena said, mocking the woman with a high pitched, annoying tone of voice. "GET AWAY FROM THIS MAN!" Entei roared in her mind. Serena jumped at the telepathic touch. It was so violent, full of anger. But also fear...and perhaps even guilt. Serena could not figure out what was going. "What's your problem?" Serena asked, trying to figure out why Entei was acting so strangely.

"Take it from me, that you don't want to get mixed up with him." Serena nodded, but still utterly confused. By Entei's tone of voice, she could tell that he wasn't directly referring to to this Clement, but someone associated with him. Serena desperately wanted to find out more, but if there was one person that she listened to, it was Entei. "I just remembered, that I've got this thing...to um...do. I'll see you around." 

2qia1zk.png

Rook Tacitus

Rook weaved his way through the people, following the sensation in his  mind. At points it would get stronger and then suddenly it would die off, only to return again. In all honesty it was really annoying, but Rook couldn't let this get away. As he made his way through the city of Archanum, Rook realized that he was getting closer and closer to the edge of the island. Finding himself on a beach, void of any person or Pokemon, he looked around.

It was truly a mystery as to why this place was abandoned, for it was really quite a nice spot. The sun hit the sand, warming it up, but not making it too hot. The waters of Lake Archanum lapped gently against the beachfront, creating a nice background noise that added a serene sense to the entire environment. The most prominent feature was a large statue though. A dark gray, rectangular pillar rose into the air, reaching a height of about 15 feet and perched on the pillar was a carefully sculpted statue of a Pokemon. Walking up to the pillar, Rook read what was chiseled into the stone. 

Azelf

...shall protect the protectors. 

Rook could not make heads or tails of the inscription, but he had heard of Azelf before. A legendary Lake Pokemon. The rumor was that he even lived on this island, but Rook did not see him around here. The sensation that had been tugging at his mind had died off. Looking up into the sky, Rook realized that the sun was starting to lower and that he should probably head back into the city. 

29enmtt.png

Kallen Colverson

Kallen wiped the tears from his eyes. The battle had been very stressful and Azumarill had just given him a particularly embarrassing lecture about how he should take more pride in himself and believe in his choices. The water rabbit Pokemon had since returned to its Pokeball, but Kallen still sat beneath the tree he had been waiting at since he had won his battle. He thought about sending a message to his parents, just to tell them how his day was, but Kallen knew he couldn't do that. If he talked to his parents he would be reminded of home, and he wouldn't be able to finish the tournament.

"Mew." Mew's voice spoke in Kallen's mind, as he appeared out of his Pokeball. Taking a precaution, Mew used Transform, changing into a Plusle. "Well that's a new one." Kallen chuckled, wiping the last of the tears from his face. The presence of Mew always made him happier. "Let's get out of here." Kallen said standing up. Mew/Plusle scampered of his arm, taking a perch on his shoulder.  

A smile of relief was seen as Blake smiled and nodded. "Welcome to the team, Kaeden, Keldeo."

BLADES OF JUSTICE!

2/4

"As for now, you keep close and we don't draw attention to ourselves. They won't know about our Legendaries, unless they have been snooping around. So, until they make their move, we wait to make ours." Blake said, with a slight nod. In a small warfare such as this, they had to wait to see what would happen. Really it was all they could do at this point. "For now, return Keldeo to the Pokeball and don't bring him out unless needed. We'll be able to keep a link with them, along with Cobalion and Keldeo being in a link as well."

Cobalion nodded. Sound good with you, Keldeo? Kaeden?

Grabbing Keldeo's Pokeball, Kaeden returned the Legendary Pokemon. Kaeden could tell that Keldeo wasn't exactly happy with Kaeden for agreeing to everything without consulting him first, but the anger was based on the fact that Kaeden hadn't asked, and not the end result. He'll get over it. Kaeden thought privately to himself. 

Kaeden was slightly disappointed by the fact that he wouldn't be able to jump right into kicking butt and taking names, but what Blake said made sense. And it made Kaeden feel good that Blake wanted him to keep close. The fact that someone like Blake would want Kaeden around, was something that Kaeden had been looking for. 

Finished with the medicine Ice walked over to where Unknown rubbing the crushed berry on Unkown’s side, and slowly pouring some of it, which she had boiled with some other medicines, down Unknown’s throat.

“That should bring the fever down,” Ice said breathing a sigh of relief. She walked over the to the other  bed flopping down a tired sigh blowing out of her mouth as she closed her eyes.

“You miss him don’t you?” Cresselia said, “you really must have loved him, and he must have really made you feel special.” The Lunar Pokemon floated over to Ice’s bed laying her head so close to Ice’s she could feel, and smell her breath; it was wonderful. Warm like a hug, and smelled of sugar and strawberries.

Cresselia could always comfort her no matter how she was feeling.

Smiling Ice replied, “he was wonderful. He was the first person to ever make me feel like I was needed, like I was wanted.” A few tears fell down her face remembering him was always bittersweet. Knowing she had found her soul mate, and that she could never have him again, share the same happiness with him again, the same smiles with him again, brought an ache to her heart.

“Tell me about him,” Cresselia said hoping that maybe she could unlock Ice’s sealed memories, “describe what he looked like, what he made you feel like.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“He had the most beautiful red hair, and he was very skinny, but at the same time had that sort of boyish definition to him; not quite muscular, but certainly not a twig either. He had these beautiful black and white Pokeballs that weighed nothing! He was so light on his feet though, and he would sometimes carry me around on his back. I remember he had a Tailow to, I made this cute red ribbon for it too. Oh, it was just so happy when I fashioned it on!” Ice’s voice was light, happier than she’d been in a long time, but at the same time tears streamed down her face causing two small puddles to form on the sheets.

Curling herself into Cresselia Ice wept into the Pokemon her muffled sobs shaking her body.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find him. I promise, that you will be united with him,” Cresselia said this with a passion in her eyes, wanting to make her charge’s pain fade away. After all she’d been through he didn’t deserve to have all these negative emotion pent up inside. 

Clement Calvinson

"Oh, really?" Clement questioned, chuckling slightly at the lack of modesty. No, this woman had no restraints; after all, what were the merits of restraining yourself, feigning modesty just to fit in. "That must have sucked, missing out on a battle like that. Ah, well, at least itwas an easy victory." He comforted, grinning a little. He raised a hand to stroke Quilava's head, perched on his shoulder. The pokémon himself had perked up, and was sniffing fervently in Serena's direction. The girl herself seemed to flinch at this, until she started staringof into the distance and nodded, obviously not at Clement.

At this point, Quilavarecoiled and hugged itself close against Clement's neck, shaking badly. What was that? Fear? Quilava nevered showed fear;it was one of the strongest pokémon Clement had ever met, it had been trained for years to show fear, not to even feelit. What could possibly-

And then Clement remembered, or, well, was reminded. A chill went down his spine, and his blood seemed to run especially cold. Yes, that time. Quilava showed fer then. That power, the power of the northern winds.

"Let me out." Suicune growled, sending echoes of this statement throughout Clement's mind. Suicune, what's the-"LET ME OUT!" Suicune roared, interrupting Clement's worry with a telepathic shockwave throughout his mind, one that would've called a weaker man to keel. Clement instead grew pale, but he showed no other signs of the mental 'battle' that was raging inside his mind.

Shut....the hell....UP! Clement commanded, replying with his own mental 'attack' to Suicune, surprising the beast enough to let it return to civilised conversation. Now then, what the f*ck has gotten into you?! Clement asked, but gave no time to answer the question as Serena suddenly burst out saying she had to leave, obviously lying about this 'thing' she had to do.

"Hey, wait!" Clement called, shouting after her as she ran. "Dont you dare do that Clement. If you wont use me against her, dont involve yourself with her." Suicune advised, but was largely ignored by Clement. We need to talk later. Was all he would say as he started to run after her, intrigued at the reaction she caused in his pokémon, but also worried about what happened to her. What caused he to change all of a sudden and race off.

Richard Samson & Aya Minatoshi

"Alright, Aya. Seems as though we have two targets to chase after, while we look for others." Richard explained, lifting his phone and waggling it a bit in his assistant's direction, before replying to Moira with a simple "Thnx babes ;)" and sending the pictures to Aya's phone. "The girl's gotta be kept alive. Anyone else can be shot on sight, if we so wish. But capture is advised." Richard said, placing the phone in his pocket after memorising the images of the guardians.

Not that he needed to exactly chase them. He could...what, smell the legendaries? Taste them in the air? Sense them? Most likely sense, a sort of animalistic instinct that made him aware of the presence of a greater power. Indeed, the hair of his neck were raised, and his eyes almost seemed to slit. He could kill everyone around him so easy right know, but he chose not to. No, he had to think this tactically.

"This way." Richard muttered, pivoting quickly on his feet and striding in the exact opposite direction to where they had been facing. Aya looked at him with a confused expression, but chose not to argue; the commander's instincts were what made him famous; killer instincts didn't just mean fighting either - tracking prey and predators were involved in that. And to Richard, his predators were his prey, for he would never stand for anyone 'stronger' than him unless they proved it. And only one person had ever done that so far.

Sure enough, he soon came across a space with two boys in it, one of which was one of the suspects Moira had sent him. In fact, it was her prime suspect, and needed capturing. Grinning, Richard motioned for Aya to follow him into the clearing, before stepping confidently into it himself, striding towards the pair.

"Hi there! You two seem like tough trainers." Richard said, politely, his eyes rather fiery as his battle instincts kicked in. "My last battle was rather disappointing, so do either of you two want a go at entertaining me?"

Kaeden looked to the man that had addressed them. He was tall, and stood with an air of authority. Kaeden took note of the man's eye patch and he had to wonder whether it was just for show or if the man really was missing an eye. Instead of addressing the man, Kaeden turned to Blake. "What if we had a double battle with him? It would be good practice in teamwork. Of course we wouldn't be using our Legendaries or anything." Kaeden made sure to keep his voice low so as not to let their maybe-opponent in on any strategy or the secret that Kaeden was now hiding. "You join a team and then suddenly you are no fun." Keldeo muttered. "Get used to it. There are prices to pay for being a superhero, you know?" 

Steve:

Steve had just reached Archanum Isle and in this persona, he was seen smiling and waving at the locals as to avoid suspicion. He shown the pic to the locals and asked if they had seen them so that he can ask him for his autograph, not knowing the real reason why he wanted to see him. Eventually, he came across the space where the target was who was joined by another lad, Richard and a young lady. He figured that Moira had contacted him just in case, thus he thought. "I figured Moira would have a plan B, not that I mind, because if Richard can get the job done, then I can get on with my Plan B."

After giving it a little thought, since Richard was of a higer rank, it'd be pointless for him to intervene at the moment especially since he thought that Richard could get the job done, and thus he walked off to a safe spot to contact Moira. "Hi Moira, I infiltrated the island as you said. Anyways Richard has apprehended your target, so do you want me to stick around in case it goes pear shaped for him? If not, I can move onto my plan B."

It was good that the two had quickly put their Legendaries back, as two were confronted by a man (Richard). Blake heard the proposition and heard his young new teammate's suggestion. He simply smirked and ruffled the hair on Kaeden's head. "No worries...I got this. Besides...from what Cobalion just mentioned...there may be a second one...so you've gotta have my back." he whispered back, as he turned towards the man, smirking. "Makes two of us. I basically won against mine with only one Pokemon. So maybe you'll give me a good challenge as well."

Cobalion, sighed as he spoke to Keldeo telepathically. Stay sharp...you can feel the second presence as well...when they reveal themselves...have our back.

Richard Samson

"Hah, I like your confidence." Richard chuckled, figuring he'd found a decent opponent. Indeed, the boy seemed rather tough, and surprisingly experienced for such a youthful fellow. Then again, Richard was hardly the type to underestimate a person based off of their age; he himself was an expert killer before he was twenty. Besides, many of the top trainers were child prodigies; children seemed to get along best with pokémon.

Not that it mattered. He wouldn't lose. But what he needed to do was draw out that Legendary - the boy was a primary suspect, and the connection between the two meant that this older lad was most likely a weilder of one as well. He just needed confirmation, or there was no point.

""It seems we're in a similar situation then. Encountering an opponent that was leagues beneath us. I do hope you wont be boring like the other one though." Richard grinned and grabbed one of the 6 pokéballs off his belt; the other two were in his pocket, or else he wouldn't have gotten into the competition.

"3 on 3, like the official matches? After all, we dont want to reveal all our pokémon incase we face each other in the finals." He suggested, before tossing his pokéball into the air, revealing a rather ninja-like bug pokémon. "Accelgor, you're up. Double team, immediately." Richard commanded; soon followed by about 6 copies of the Accelgor, before the pokémon had even touched the ground.

"Accelegor, huh? May have fun with this battle after all! Kaeden! Just watch this battle...I want you to pick up some strategy." Blake said, as he grabbed his first Pokeball, unfortunately for Richard, it wasn't his Master Ball. "Shock the battlefield! Raichu!!" he said, throwing the Pokeball up, as his Raichu emerged from it and landed nicely on the ground.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeI9Wg-pbc]Pokemon OST ~ Burning Battlefield V2[/url]

"RAI RAI!" the Raichu exclaimed, as electricity pulsed through its cheeks.

Blake smirked and snapped his fingers. "Raichu, use Quick Attack on all six of the Accelegor!"

Raichu nodded and moved quickly as he rushed at the first Accelegor, a copy. He rushed at the second...a copy as well. This left only four left...which one was the real Pokemon?

Rivere (Guardian):

"Even if you're holding back, I'm going to go all-out! Cryogonal! Use Icy Wind!" Waves of frozen air shot forth from Cryogonal's body, assaulting Torterra and slowing it down in place. Torterra groaned, withstanding the venom working in its body as well as the critically effective damage.

"Torterra won't go down from just that! There is a reason I picked this Pokemon, even though I knew he'd be poisoned! Torterra, use Synthesis!" The giant turtle Pokemon growled, gathering sunlight around its body.

"You really think Torterra can recover damage faster than Cryogonal can dish it?" Mikhail asked incredulously. "Cryogonal, keep Icy Wind up!"

No. No, Torterra cannot recover fast enough. But... Rivere watched sadly as Torterra was assaulted by another ice-cold barrage. Please withstand this. For sure... there will be an opening.

"Bah!" Mikhail snarled impatiently. "If you think I'm gonna stand here and wait you out... Cryogonal, use your full power! Blizzard!" Cryogonal began spinning, gathering the icy winds near its body.

This is it.

"Torterra, Earthquake!" Rivere commanded sharply. Torterra roared, rising on its back feet.

"Have you lost your mind?" Her opponent demanded. "Cryogonal is floating above the ground - Earthquake won't even affect it!"

"My target is not Cryogonal." Rivere responded. "Rather..." The shockwave rippled across the jungle-like arena. The great trees shook and wavered, their roots unearthed by the massive quake. And just like that, one after another, they started toppling.

"So you plan to hit Cryogonal with that? Pathetic." Mikhail spat. "Avoid them!" With little effort, seemingly, Cryogonal moves between the falling logs, dodging each one nimbly.

But Torterra's attack was not over yet.

"Now, Torterra! Use Frenzy Plant! Drive it up those trees!"

"What?!" Mikhail exclaimed at the unorthodox command. Torterra unleashed the fury of nature hidden deep within the earth. Thorny vines spread into the ground, climbing through the roots and into the trunks of the falling trees, tearing them apart. Thousands of splinters flew into the air with the force of bullets. Cryogonal couldn't dodge them all, and soon, it was thrown off-balance, its Blizzard attack stopping dead in its tracks. And during that short opening, the mighty vines created by Frenzy Plant speared through it, sending it straight into the ground.

Rivere didn't miss a beat. "Go! Before it gets away!" She ordered as soon as Torterra had recovered from the use of Frenzy Plant. The giant turtle Pokemon charged up to the stunned Cryogonal, slamming its foot on top of its tiny body. "Now, Earthquake!" Another mighty tremor followed. And then, when Torterra lifted its foot -

"Cr - Cryogonal is unable to battle!" The referee, who looked more than a little stunned himself, announced. "Torterra wins! Contestant Rivere Sage is the winner!"

"I - I lost?!" Mikhail grunted. He pulled out Cryogonal's Pokeball, recalling the battered Pokemon. "How - how is this - "

"Now." Rivere growled. "To deal with you..."

---

OOC: Both my characters are done with their first round battle now.

Kaeden watched the proceedings between the Accelgor and Raichu. It was obvious that Blake was holding his own, but there was something about this other trainer that spoke something for his skill. He was sure that the man wasn't just boasting about his ability to win. "What? You're not going to get into this?" Keldeo asked, eager to go into battle. 

"No, I'll catch the next round. And besides, you wouldn't be battling anyway." Kaeden replied. Kaeden was happy to watch Blake at work, but the next round he would be stepping in. Already he was going through his Pokemon, should Accelgor prove the victor. Accelgor was weak to flying and fire attacks. Simisear would make a good choice, but he was not ready for battle after his last encounter with Electivire. He had it. He knew which Pokemon he was going to use. 

Terra couldn't have been more relieved of Cyrogonal having fainted before Torterra. She couldn't have cared less of the improbability of such an event; all that mattered to her at that moment was that the Crystalling Pokemon was gone. But Terra's cyrophobia had taken its toll. She could feel that her heart rate had dropped significantly, and it showed. She felt an extreme sense of fatigue, and as she tried to approach the victorious woman, her movements revealed themselves to be sluggish. In truth, her vitals were barely receiving enough blood to keep her alive at this point, much less function at their peak. However, one could tell that the woman wasn't done with her opponent yet, and Terra didn't want things to escalate, lest they get out of hand.

"W-... wait!" Terra exclaimed weakly, "You've done enough... let it go..."

She didn't know if the woman would comply, or even if her voice could be heard. All she knew was that there wasn't much time before she'd need medical attention.

"Ahh, a Raichu? And a fast one at that. Impressive." Richard applauded, grinning a little at the choice. "Substitute, Accelgor." Richard called, though nothing seemed to change. Not that it meant nothing had changed; the second line of defense was up, and even if Raichu managed to eliminate all the clones, Accelgor would not be hit. No, the substitute would have to be destroyed first, before Accelgor was revealed.

And it wouldn't be that easy. Even now, the 4 clones left circled Raichu, dashing about around him. "Bug buzz, Accelgor." Richard commanded, and from all the clones came an awful noise, a buzz of almost solid soundwaves, rocketing towards the poor raichu in the centre. It appeared to come from nowhere and yet everywhere, hitting with the force of one, but appearing to have the force of 4.

Out of the corner of his eye, Richard spied the other boy, the younger one. He appeared to be eager to battle, perhaps wanting to 'tag in' on the battle. Such confidence.

The thing that caught he attention though was the facial expressions; the boy appeared to be talking to himself, mentally. Or perhaps not himself; legendaries were notoriusly telepathic, surely they could communicate with their guardians.

Archived