[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Rook stood in the shower, letting the warm water stream down his head. Despite the need for sleep, he hadn't been able to catch many 'z's. Thoughts, dreams, and nightmares had disturbed his night, each and every one stemming from the night's events. The beaten shape of the Lake Guardians. The crack of the gunshot. The pain that radiated across his ribs. The thought it made Rook groan. His torso was covered in bruises and ached fiercely. There was no doubt in his mind that at least one of ribs were cracked. 

A soft beeping filled the air. Rook's eyes shot open. Throwing aside the shower curtain, he looked for the source. His DataCard. Grabbing a towel, Rook wrapped it around his waist and walked to the room's dresser. Taking the DataCard from where it sat, he looked at the message to arrive at the courtyard. Drying off, Rook threw on his clothes and burst out of the door. His heart was racing. If yesterday proved anything, it was that there was a lot more riding on this tournament than anyone had expected.

---

Reaching the courtyard, Rook looked around. He didn't see Silver, or either of their assailants. He didn't know whether to be relieved or worried. He could only hope that Silver had made it out the same way he had. 

[hr]

Serena smiled as the wind whipt passed her, the roar of her motorcycle strong in her ears. Screeching to a halt, she parked her bike right outside the front of the courtyard. Something feels strange. Entei said. His voice filled with worry. Oh, so now you're talking to me? Is that it? Well listen here, bub. I know you think that you-" Serena started, but stopped once she felt the wall of flames engulf her mind just like the night before. It would seem that Entei had once again cut off all communication. Serena cursed out loud. The touchy Legendary was acting stranger and stranger.

Grumbling to herself, Serena walked through the courtyard, hoping to find some sort of footstand. Walking past a group of cheering spectators, Serena looked to see a battle going on. Shoving her way to the front of the crowd, she saw that it was not a Pokemon battle...at least not a normal one. A massive Machamp was facing off against a purple haired trainer...and seemed to be losing. Studying the scene closer, Serena saw something that startled her even more. Watching the match, was a proud figure. Head held high, a creature with yellow and purple fur surveyed the match with a close eye. Raikou. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is...?

a nightmare - the worst

It hurts. It hurts so much. Make it stop...MAKE IT STOP!!!

why?

Everything fluttered around, pitch-black butterflies flying off into the distant bloody sky before exploding into huge amounts of blood that the sky absorbed. Screams were everywhere. This time, there was no mercy. The entire world was bleeding with lava, everywhere, absolutely everywhere. Forces beyond the understanding of humankind were at work here, annihilating everything in their way without mercy. There was nowhere to be at peace. The oceans were rough and threatened to smash the bones of anything that tried to escape into it. The skies too, were extremely powerful, with the winds threatening to throw Areo off his Charizard and send him plummeting to his death. Even space wasn't safe, judging by the auroras being generated all around the sun. It was like doomsday. There was nowhere to escape. Nowhere to run. Everyone was powerless as their world and their lives came to an end. Their screams reached no one, least of all the Legendaries. Both the innocent and the guilty were taken in, without distinction, without mercy. Only judgment.

Only destruction.

Once again, just like all his other nightmares, there was only one other who survived throughout all that chaos. It was her.

Oh?

Ice.

Weird name.

And once again, he was seconds away from saving her before she too was consumed by a beam of light that annihilated the entire island.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Areo woke up, panting heavily while covered in cold sweat. Why? Why did he keep having nightmares like this? It didn't make sense. None of this made any sense at all. While it was true that he was worried about Ice, dreaming about things so ominous...it wasn't like him. This was all just way too weird. Trying to calm himself down and forget about it, he got out of bed. Looking at his DataCard, it said to meet in the castle courtyard at 10:00 AM. Alright. Calm down. With a sigh, he began to get ready-

...wait, why were all these Pokemon sleeping in his room? And why was his room trashed so badly?...Oh. Oh yeah. The events of the previous night suddenly rushed into his head. Yeah, they'd been playing around, there was some kind of fight, and before he could catch them, they all suddenly fell asleep. Maybe they were all just tired.

After getting ready, Areo arrived at the castle courtyard and came witness to an amazing sight; RAIKOU! Too captivated with him and the purple-haired teenager, he watched the strange battle in a mixture of confusion and excitement.

---

Triumphant in gaining the location of all four Swords of Justice, the two Unowns were quickly sent out as another ritual was prepared for them to capture their images. As soon as the Unown arrived to its destination, it saw a girl sleeping peacefully in a hospital...but as soon as she woke up, she ended up running all the way to the courtyard with total disregard for anything else - shower, hair, even breakfast. Humans were too complicated for it to understand. It managed to catch up with her while staying hidden, following her all the way there.

"First you enter this tournament with overconfidence, and now you're allowing your fears to get a hold on you..." A flat voice began.

Terrakion went out of its Ultra Ball, and the Unown's eye glowed red instantaneously. The image had been captured, depicting Terrakion and the girl facing each other as they talked for a bit. It couldn't help but remark to itself about how easy that had just been, before slipping away.

---

You located it already, N-1?

That is correct.

Then I must quicken my own search.

Unlike N-1, this Unown was having a lot of trouble finding whoever Virizion belonged to. It had gone all the way here, following the location specifically, but even then it was difficult to pinpoint the trainer in question. N-2 decided to lay low for a while and wait for an opportunity for it to reveal itself.

---

Less than ten minutes after he had sent the first Unown out, an image of the Cavern Legendary burned itself instantaneously into a psychic paper, alongside an odd girl. N.N couldn't help but smile to himself at this utter success. Things had gone far too much into his way.

"PI-KA!" The Pikachu announced triumphantly on his shoulder, as if reading his mind.

"Now then...a review, Urlugal." N.N replied. He took out the three other psychic papers from yesterday and compared them with the newly-captured image as he sat down, as well as reminiscing about the previous day. "We have Cresselia, Cobalion, and Keldeo confirmed, as well as their owners. Respectively; they are Ice, Blake, Kaeden. Terrakion is now also confirmed, but it'll take me a little time to identify the owner. Kallen definitely has one as well, although its identity is still unknown. Latios is suspected to be in the possession of trainer Kytes, and Virizion's presence in the area is a definite but details are unknown."

He closed his eyes, as if deep in thought.

"I'll send this information to Eon later, once I've confirmed just a few more things...." The king muttered this as he scrolled through a list of participants online. Right there - Terrakion's owner was named Terra. How fitting. But before he could do anything with this new information, it was suddenly replaced by a screen depicting....eh?

There it was. A Machamp facing a psychic human. It was combat unlike anything the modern world had ever seen before, and in a way, this young human reminded him of himself. But instead of reminscing about the past, there was something more important. Raikou. No doubt all of Team Purity was watching this little event. Watching the purple-haired man fight and overpower the Pokemon, N.N realized his intentions. This person wanted to lure someone out.

But whoever it was, it wasn't him. If the rest of Team Purity was watching this, then there was no reason for him to interfere. First off, this was obviously a trap. Second, there would be nowhere left for Raikou to run after showing itself to the world so foolishly, regardless of what it originally planned with the human. Third, this man...was the same man as last night.

"A- And there you have it! In a battle the likes of which no one has ever seen, the young trainer Seer has clenched victory from certain defeat! As a reminder, King Aurelius has stated that 'as long as your opponent agrees' matches can be set up however you please."

Seer.

There was something about this human being that simply captivated N.N. In all these thousands of years, no human in history had ever been given as much regard as he was giving this 'Seer' person right now. There was only one who had been worthy of his attention, and she had disappeared a very long time ago. In all this millennia, not a single other human being had been worth considering. None of them held the majestic aura, the power, and the innocence in such a delicate balance, none were capable. After all this time, he thought it impossible for something like this feeling to ever be felt again. Somehow, a void was being filled.

This Seer... What was this feeling, in his heart? Why did he feel so...

......excited?

Terrakion had noted the Unown spying on the two out of his peripheral vision the whole time, and just turned to see its eye glow red, but before it could so much as ready a charge, the Symbol Pokemon had vanished into nothingness. Still, glowing red eyes usually spelt a bad omen, and this Unown didn't seem any different.

'Terrakion? Is something wrong?' asked Terra.

"That Unown was spying on us this whole time..." the Rock-type Musketeer explained, "It vanished soon after I turned to face it."

'An Unown? What would it have wanted from us?'

"I highly doubt it was anything worth concern. Still, perhaps we should exercise caution..."

'Well, if you say so. I'm gonna just go look for it... maybe punch the owner in the face."

With that, Terra started searching all over the place for a possible lead on this Unown. She'd conducted this search similarly to a search one would conduct on a missing person, asking several people if they'd seen an Unown anywhere, only to get mostly "no" as an answer or a shrug of the shoulders.

The search was starting to prove fruitless.

Silver

After a rough night, a panicked Silver woke up still reeling from last night's events. He could only think about all of the bad things that had happened and little else. "I'm sure that guy with the Eevee will be looking for me for information I don't know which he thinks I do." He thought as he had remembered to check up on Lucario who had suffered a beating from his fight. He fished around for Lucario's pokeball and sent him out. "Lucario what news about the foe you fought last night?" Lucario promptly transferred his reply to Silver by the power of his aura. "I see, so he was really a Zoroark. That means he was a decoy." Before Silver could go into that in more depth, his datacard bleeped which told him that he had to be at the courtyard for 10am. "If last night is anything to go by, this tournament has become much more dangerous." Of course he was worried about Celebi's wellbeing as well and thus he made his way to the courtyard.

Upon reaching the courtyard, there was much commotion involving a Raikou and a Machamp. "What an interesting turn of events." Silver thought as he looked around for Rook, no doubt he was worried for his new friend wondering if he was ok after last night.

Alex
For some reason, Alex had overslept. It was not normal for him to do so and as his datacard bleeped he awoke with a start. "Blooming heck." Alex said as his datacard acted like an alarm clock. He rushed into the shower and had a quick wash and scrub before leaving for the next day of competition. Rubbing the towel over his face he checked the message on his datacard saying that he had to be at the courtyard for 10am.

As he left the hotel, he noticed sparks of electricity coming from the courtyard. "What a way to kick off day 2 huh?" He mused not knowing what the source of the electricity was, thus he headed for the courtyard to see who was causing the electricity whilst fighting the crowds before receding back with the crowd. "Is that a Raikou?" Alex gasped as he had never seen one before.

Steve
As soon as he woke up, Steve didn't hesitate to start his operations, thus he sent out Cryogonal. "Ok Cryogonal, you know what is needed, I need you to look for this trainer." Steve smirked as he shown Cryogonal an old picture from 5 years ago. "Once you have found him, notify me so I can ambush him." Cryogonal nodded as he left Steve's room. "I'm sure you have it with you, so there is no need to search your hotel room." Steve mused as waited around for Cryogonal to return.

Kallen munched half heartedly at a bowl of Poke-O's. They were pretty soggy and tasted a lot like wet cardboard, but Kallen wasn't really paying much attention to that. He was staring at Mew...who had taken the form of a Treecko. Pseudo-Treecko was sitting opposite of Kallen at the table, looking out the window. Worry enveloped Kallen's mind. With so many strange occurrences from the night before it was obvious that being Guardian was going to be a lot tougher than he thought. Mew. Mew said in Kallen's mind. The psychic Legendary could tell that Kallen was worried and had been since the feast. There were too many shady figures around. He had considered dropping out, but that Mew had made it very apparent that they had to be here. For whatever reason, Kallen was staying.

Scooping Mew/Treecko into his arms, Kallen left the hotel, heading for the courtyard. Trying to keep to the shadows, Kallen didn't notice the big hub bub going down between some trainer and a Pokemon. He did sense of a powerful psychic presence, but Mew seemed to have taken care of any danger of being detected. Despite being oblivious to one Legendary, Kallen did spot another. From the looks of it, a Terrakion. Walking up the large Pokemon and its trainer, he tugged on the woman's arm. "You might not want to have him out right now." 

[hr]

Rook spotted his new found friend at last. Rising from the park bench he had been sitting at, Rook limped over. The beating he had taken the night before was all too evident. Reaching Silver, he tapped on the boy's shoulder. "I see that you are okay." Rook said, relieved to see that the Lake Guardians had managed to save his friend. "Look, I think we need to talk about what happened last night." 

[hr]

Eon stood in the shadows the courtyard. In looking for his quarry, he had spotted a new species of prey. A Raikou. The powerful beast watched lazily as a battle between a Machamp...AND A TRAINER?! Eon had to do a double take, but sure enough. There was a Trainer battling a Machamp and from the looks of it, he was winning. Taking out his phone, he dialed a number. "I have spotted a target. Courtyard. Raikou." Closing the phone, he knew that Richard would get the message.

Aya Minatoshi

Having already been rather alert and worried after Richard's sudden departure the night before, Aya didn't manage to receive a very deep slumber. And as such, it was well before dawn that she awoke and began pacing her accomadation. With a cup of coffee in hand, the thoughts that rattled her head mostly consisted of guilt and worry. Am I helping? Am I a hindrance? Am I a danger? I seem to be doing more against the Legendaries than for them, at the moment.

Her predicament was definitely increasing her anxiety, so when her DataCard beeped in her pocket, she physically jumped, reaching for a gun that wasn't there as she did so. After looking around the room for a moment, clutching air beneath her armpit, she realised she was merely being paranoid, and slowly removed the DataCard from her pocket, glancing down and skim reading the message. 10am; easily done. She quickly showered, relieved to get away from her worrying and get busy, and readied herself for the day, finishing off by holstering her gun in the now correctly placed holster under her arm. A quick glance at the clock told her it was 9:45; giving her enough time to knock on Richard's door and move to the courtyard easily.

But then she was stopped. Her Poké-gear had vibrated, and the message sender was none other than her ever reliable contact.

As she opened the message, there were but three words and a picture.
The words: Get there quick

The picture? A satellite picture of a pokémon battle, one that only had one pokémon; the opponent being a human, of all things. Though that was definitely not what caught Aya's eye.

She rushed out the door quickly, and was about to knock hard on Richard's next door, when he burst out of the door, his own mobile in hand, as well as a long briefcase, and a wide, maniacal grin on his face.

"Raikou." They both said, simultaneously, before rushing down the hallway, not another word being said. Aya was curious about the briefcase, but knew better than to ask questions. Though she probably should've; especially considering the unusually wild grin on Richard's face.

Curiously, they didn't head towards the courtyard; Richard instead headed past it to a nearby inn - lower quality than their own hotel, but with much less security (Not that it would've helped). As they headed for the roof of the building, Aya's suspicions of the briefcase grew, and indeed, when they reached the roof, Richard motioned for her to guard the door while he opened the briefcase to reveal a sniper rifle.

"You're not going to settle this by a battle? Capture him?" Aya questioned, glancing back at the door.

Richard chuckled and laid himself down on the edge of the roof, resting his sniper against the wall of it as he moved it in the general direction of Raikou and his trainer. "Now now, Aya, you forget our goal. We do not wish to bargain with the Legendaries, nor do we wish them as our servants, or prisoners. No; Purity's goal is more...pure. We want their utter destruction. Death is the only option." Richard explained, adding with a grin as he looked back towards her, "Besides, this is more fun."

Aya's gaze rose nervously to that of the grand thunderdog plodding peacefully alongside his guardian, in the centre of a throng of people. The panic that would arise; the instananeous death of the dog and the shock of his owner. She could hardly bare to watch. Another message arrived on her poké-gear, saying nothing but Stop him, but she didn't know how to, without compromising herself or getting herself killed.

Luckily, she gained a bit of extra time; not wanting to disappoint his master, Richard had phoned Eon back, giving the simple message of "I'm ready. Just give me the signal", so as to gain their leader's permission for the shot.

Seer walked beside Raikou through the excited throng of people who had been talking about his battle with the Machamp and winning. Slowing his stride so he could remain beside Raikou Seer kept his eyes forward, "So you think that got their attention?"

"If it did not then they are not worth our time," the Legendary Pokemon replied, "But if they do not make their move quickly we will need to take time so I can regain a little of my strength."

"Of course," Seer said closing his eyes, slowly nodding. Stopping Seer turned to look at Raikou, who was sweating a bit and sat down to rest. Without a single reaction Seer raised his head up slightly hearing someone gasp, "Is that a Raikou?"

"Yes it is," he answered Alex turning to look at her. Looking at the young woman who had approached them Raikou gave a low respectful nod, his breathing having grown a bit heavier. Turning back to look at the Legendary Thunder Dog Seer's expression grew worried, "Do we have to go?"

"Within time," Raikou said coughing a bit, "I am no longer in my prime young one."

"If you'll-" Seer began before stopping, his eyes growing distant for a bit. When his vision snapped back to normal his hand reached to his belt, taking a Pokeball out and tossing it out in front of him, speaking as he did, "Got it. I'll send Sabin to stop them."

"If you'll excuse us," Seer then said addressing Alex as a Sigilyph appeared flapping its wings to lift itself in the air. Without a word the Avianoid Pokémon took to the air and headed towards a building with two figures on the roof.

Walking away with Raikou, Seer heads towards a more deserted portion of the city.

Eon grabbed the phone. Noticing the change in the stranger's stance. "Do it! Do it now!" He cried. It was only a matter of time before the Legendary Beast got out of range and that Sigilyph created problems. "Stop it Eevee." Eon commanded. The Pokemon his shoulder let out a cheer of excitement, eager to battle. Jumping off his master's shoulders, the Eevee scampered over to a set of stairs, quickly climbing them, and then leaping onto the rail. With another leap, the Eevee soared through the air, landing on top of the Sigilyph. Not needing its master's instruction's the Eevee attacked. A powerful Shadow Ball collided with the Pokemon's back, sending it reeling in the air. 

Watching from below, Eon smiled. If all went well, it would be one more Legendary down. 

"If you'll excuse us," Seer then said addressing Alex as a Sigilyph appeared flapping its wings to lift itself in the air. Without a word the Avianoid Pokémon took to the air and headed towards a building with two figures on the roof.

Sigilyph soared through the air, aiming to distract the two people on the roof when something landed on it. Turning it's eye to look at what it was the Avianoid Pokemon's eye grew larger seeing an Eevee standing on top of it and forming a Shadow Ball in its open mouth.

The explosion echoed over the festival's head, the plum of dark smoke rising up as hundreds of people stared skyward wondering what had caused the blast. Was it fireworks or something else?

As the crowd watched Sigilyph plummeted towards the ground, Eon's Eevee still surfing on its back as they fell. Moments before impacting into the ground Sigilyph caught itself, stopping and sending the Eevee flying off of its back and towards the ground instead of it. Flapping its wings Sigilyph formed a Shadow Ball in front of it, firing at the Eevee as it fell to the ground and something came rushing out of an alley to intercept the falling Evolution Pokemon- Anne, Seer's Espeon.

[hr]
When the explosion had echoed throughout the festival Seer turned back to Raikou, who gave him a knowing nod. Team Purity was making their move and had attacked Sabin- just as planned. Now they needed to get somewhere isolated for their confrontation and avoid the two figures still watching over them.

Teleportation was out of the question- Kazam was too preoccupied.

"Get on," Raikou shouted and Seer obeyed, hoisting himself onto the Thunder Dog's back and brought out another Pokemon to ride along behind him. Dashing out and away from the alley Seer and Raikou made their way into the heart of the festival and into the mass of people. Jumping out of the way to avoid the Legendary Pokemon people looked as the trio passed with curious looks wondering what was going on.

Seer and Raikou knew Team Purity wouldn't have any qualms about shooting into a populated area with innocent people if it meant killing a Legendary Pokemon. Seer knew that well. All he counted on was someone else being hit to save their own asses.

As they made their way through the crowd he spotted someone in the distance, quickly getting closer to them- Kaeden and Keldeo! what was even better was that the trainer from the previous night and Cobalion was beside them. Running towards them Seer didn't slow down, only shouting over his shoulder as they passed, "Keaden! Keldeo! Team Purity is making their move now!!!"

Disappearing into the crowd Seer and Raikou made their way to the beach, which was sparringly empty after the battles having concluded in that area. Grinning Seer lowered his head as Raikou tried to keep his breathing under control, the air coming in short raspy breaths, "Come on just a little bit further . . . we're so close."

Kytes was suddenly ripped out of his trance by the sound of an explosion overhead. Him and his Ambipom had been completely oblivious to the the commotion caused by Seer and Riku, because Kytes had been trying to contact Latios since they had arrived at the courtyard, but for some reason the Eon Pokemon had become unresponsive.  

Hopping off the bench he was occupying, Kytes's eyes landed on the cause of the explosion. There appeared  to be a battle being waged between a Sigilyph, and a white Eevee, but strangely neither of the pokemon's trainers were insight. Kytes began to shift his gaze towards the crowd that was rapidly parting, as if making room for something big. He thought he glimpsed the form of a large dog like Pokemon, but his attention was stolen by his Ambipom. 

"AmbiAmbiAmbi" The Longed Tail Pokemon's voice held a serious tone, as it pointed towards Seer's Espeon, that appeared from the ally way. It only took Kytes's a second to grasp the situation, as he watched the Espeon dash towards the fight. "Well that doesn't  seem fair..." Kytes mumbled to his Pokemon as the two began sprinting towards the battle, they intended to even the odds.  

"Ambipom, Iron Tail!" 

As ordered, the longed tail Pokemon leaped into the air, grabbing the falling Eevee with his hands, while using its hardened tails to deflect the incoming shadow ball. Upon landing, Ambipom placed the Eevee down on its feet, before turning to face off against the Espeon. 

Falling to the ground, Eevee prepared to use dig so as to not land on the cobbled surface, but was surprised to gain help from a fellow Pokemon. An Ambipom. While not overjoyed with the prospect of being rescued, Eevee did not question it. He couldn't afford to be battling to adversaries right now. Unfortunately, that was exactly what was happening. A quick Espeon was dashing towards Eevee and Ambipom, suddenly Eevee was grateful for the help, even if he would probably have to kill him later. 

Six red plates formed around Eevee's body, glowing menacingly. Trump Card. Launching the plates at the airborne Sigilyph, Eevee then turned towards the Espeon. Leaping into the air, Eevee burrowed into the ground below using Dig. Coming up behind the Espeon, he launched a barrage of trump cards from its unsuspecting back. 

[hr] 

Eon pushed through the crowd, pushing one person over after another. He wasn't going to lose Raikou, and while he had full faith in Richard's accuracy, he wasn't sure that his little protege, Aya would have the nerve to follow through the plan. Grabbing two Pokeballs, Eon threw them into the air. "Glaceon." "Leafeon." The two Pokemon growled at the surrounding trainers, causing them to back away. "Track that Raikou. Slow it down, incapacitate if you can. I'll be right behind." The two Pokemon nodded, dashing through the crowd. Eon following.

[hr]

"Ambipom, Iron Tail!" a separate trainer ordered running towards the combating Pokemon, his own grabbing the falling Eevee out of the air with his hands, swinging the three hardened tails to deflect the incoming Shadow Ball.

Streaking into the air the Shadow Ball disappeared without causing any harm, Sabin hovering over the trio as Anne glared at the Ambipom as she continued charging forward. Turning when the Eevee reappeared behind her Anne skidded to a stop, watching her enemy launch a second Trump Card- the first one being fired at Sabin, who managed to dodge out of the way thanks to the limitless evasive space being airborne gave him.

Standing her ground Anne watched the trump cards streak through the air towards her before exploding, never reaching her. Sitting down, tail wagging casually, Anne actually giggled at the white Eevee, "Are you so cowardly that you would attack behind my back child?"

Standing up Anne turned her back to the Eevee, daring it to come charging again as Sabin remained hovering above the group.

[hr]

Eon had followed his two Pokemon, Leafeon and Glaceon, all the way through the crowded streets and then out into the open areas of the Festival. Still no sign of the Legendary Pokemon nor its Guardian. Eon would have to continue following his possession until they led him to the clear sandy beaches of the island.

And there it was, Raikou- The Legendary Thunder Pokemon; Member of the Legendary Dog Trio.

Beside the out of breath Legendary was its Guardian, Seer.

Seer didn't move, watching the large man running towards them with two Pokemon at the ready to attack if need be; Seer didn't have to worry about the other two on the roof from here, long out of their firing range. If the two on the roof did relocate it would require time . . . and everything would already be over by then.

Standing beside Raikou, who was trying to catch his breath and breathing heavily, the massive Pokemon's chest sinking in with each exhale, Seer kept one hand on the Legendary's shoulder while keeping eyes on Eon as they got closer.

Once Eon was close enough to hear him Seer spoke up, "Are you a member of Team Purity?"

Kaeden looked in horror as the massive electric beast dashed through the crowd. It wasn't the sight of the Raikou that bothered him, but that of its rider. Seer. Fear gripped Kaeden's heart. He didn't know what he should do. Should he attack the psychic? Or remain true to his promise and help him? "Keaden! Keldeo! Team Purity is making their move now!!!" It would seem they didn't have a choice. 

Looking to where Seer's Sigilyph is flying, Kaeden saw the glint of sunlight that bounced off the barrel of a gun. His eyes grew wide in panic. While there was no doubt in his mind that, that bullet was either aimed at Raikou or Seer, there was no telling who it would actually hit. With so many people around, the bullet could easily end up hitting someone unintentionally. Whether we like it, or not. We have to stop them. Kaeden nodded. He really wished he hadn't of ditched Blake earlier. This would be so much easier with him around. 

Dashing towards the hotel, Kaeden threw out a Pokeball. "Go Heracross!" The large beetle-like Pokemon appeared in a flash of white. Not allowing time to explain, Kaeden grabbed the hovering Pokemon's shoulders, needing a quick ride to the top. "Aerial Ace. Now!" Reacting swiftly, the Pokemon flew up like a rocket, white light bending around it. As they neared the roof, Kaeden jumped off the bug type Pokemon, rolling as he landed on the roof. Heracross joined his trainer, landing on the ground beside him. Kaeden took stop of the situation. There were two people on the roof. 

A woman...and a man...a man that Kaeden had seen before. A chill went down his back. It was the man from the day before. The one that had battled with such anger and ferocity. Leaping towards the man so as to push him off balance, Kaeden could only hope that he would get there before he fired. 

Eevee growled in anger. This Espeon was being a sarcastic little witch. He was going to put an end to it. He had always hated his own sister Espeon and it was no different for his new opponent. Leaping into the air, Eevee planned to take the battle one on one, but before he could, he was hit with an invisible force, sending him reeling. Crashing into the cobbled ground, Eevee howled in pain. It would seem that his opponent was going to be a bit more difficult than he had thought. Without his master's instruction, he wasn't entirely sure that he could beat the Espeon. Besides he had more pressing matters to turn to. 

Using Dig, Eevee burrowed his way beneath the Espeon, trying to stay out of range of its psychic abilities. Coming to the surface, Eevee looked to where the Sigilyph had been heading, and noticed that there was some other form of distress. From the looks of it, a Heracross. That would not do. "Ee-vee." Eevee muttered beneath its breath as it ran into the hotel and raced up the steps to the roof. He couldn't let anyone stand in the way of his master's goals.

[hr]

Eon let out a slight chuckle. This fool had no idea who his was messing with. "I guess you could say that." Eon said darkly, "I am their leader. And I want that Raikou. So are you going to hand it over, or am I going to have to take it." Leafeon and Glaceon growled menacingly at the words, eager for a battle. 

Richard Samson & Aya Minatoshi

A perfect shot lined up. A clear gap, no-one in the way. Permission from Eon. It was a perfect moment. Except, Eon seemed rushedwith his command. And this Guardian seemed...aware? How? How on earth could the guy know where Richard was?

As he released his Sigilyph, Richard fired, his bullet travelling silently through the air, hitting the earth just at Raikou's feet, unnoticed. Cursing, he removed the bullet shell from the rifle in a swift motion, the second round locking into the barrel. However, the shot was definitely not as clear as before; the path of Raikou was not predictable, with too many opportunities for people to get in the way. At least a panic had not started yet, but should someone drop from a bullet wound, that would ruin any opportunity for a clear shot.

Groaning, Richard rose from his seated position, lifting his rifle over his back, only to see a Heracross making its way rapidly up to the Roof, having over taken the now distracted Sigilyph. Moving quickly to the opposite edge of the roof, Richard shouted back to Aya, "Keep him busy for a few minutes!" Before he leapt off the edge of the roof, Alakazam appearing beneath him and teleporting the both of them in the direction the Raikou had gone to, appearing on the beach, not too far from Eon and Seer. He strapped the rifle to his back and removed his pistol from under his arm, holding it in the direction of Raikou. "2 on 1; you aint got much of a chance, Guardian."

Meanwhile, Aya stepped in front of Kaeden, quickly restraining him with professional precision. Her Mightyena had appeared beside her, getting between Kaeden and his Heracross, preventing an attack by the creature.

"Calm down, please. My name is Aya Minatoshi, I'm a police officer, undercover. Stop and listen to me for a minute." Aya whispered, releasing the boy and holding her hands up, taking three steps backwards - enough to quickly reach him if necessary, but enough to seem harmless. "I remember you, from the battle between Richard and your friend. We're pretty sure he's a guardian, and that puts you under fire too. Let me help you, and I can protect you both. I have contacts, people who can keep you safe." She explained.

Clement Calvinson

Clement woke up early, readying himself quickly and being out of the house by 6am. The sun was barely breaching the horizon as he appeared on the beach, under a rock cropping a decent distance away from the main path to the beach. As he arrived, he threw 6 pokéballs into the air, summoning Quilava, Suicune, Togekiss, Umbreon, Breloom and Donphan, ready for training.

They proceeded to spend the next few hours battling, each pushing the limits of each other. Even Suicune and Quilava took occasional part, though they seemed to hold back slightly, causing noticably less damage to the surrounding sand or rock, despite their obvious advantage in terms of power.

By the end of the few hours, even Clement himself was sweating, having dodged falling rocks from the outcropping, dislodged by his pokémon, and a particularly extensive boxing match with Breloom.

Having received the message on his DataCard, he was preparing to move towards the courtyard, confident he could make it in time.

But something got in the way. Or someone. A pokémon, and a rider. A particularly fearsome pokémon, a brother to his own Suicune. Raikou, lord of the Storm, the most fearsome Lightning Beast.

Suicune's reaction was not what Clement had expected; a particularly aggressive growl, a rumble in the air that echoed around Clement's location, but was probably unheard by the Raikou's rider, or the man that followed the Raikou onto the sand.

Putting out a hand to stop Suicune from chasing forward to attack Raikou or something, Clement instead tapped the lightly dozing Quilava on his neck to awake him, and moved slowly followed, Suicune following him behind. A man appeared with a gun, teleporting in after the other two had stopped to talk, and pointed a gun at Raikou.

"Oi! Put the gun down!" Clement called, Quilava jumped off his neck and prepared to attack, the fires around his head and rear brightening and growing large, larger than the pokémon's body. The flames grew so intense they started to change colour, growing slowly bluer, indicating the power of the pokémon. Clement seemed unaffected by the heat, possibly because the air was simultaneously being cooled by Suicune, who had also crouched, the air around him growing colder and his eyes beginning to glow.

"We dont want any violence now, do we?" Clement added, pulling two other pokéballs from his pockets.

Kytes's eyes widened as a boy ridding a Heracross, shot past the hostile Sigilyph, and towards the roof of a nearby inn. What the hell was happening today?  As he returned his attention to the battle, he noticed that the Eevee had abandoned its scuffle with the Espeon, and was now heading towards the same hotel. "That guy must be his trainer..." Kytes mumbled to himself, before chasing after the shiny pokemon, as he ran he released another one of his own over his shoulder. 

"Galvantula, cover us!" 

The EleSpider pokemon appeared between the fleeing Kytes, and the Espeon, using Thunder wave in an attempt  to subdue the Eeveelution. Watching this, Ambipom became excited, and decided to take matters into its own hands. Joyfully dancing around, before suddenly shooting forward using its tails as springs, it then attempting to blitz the Sigilyph with a barrage of thunder punches. "AmbiAmbiAmbiAmbiAmbi"

As Kytes sprinted up the stairs after the Evolution pokemon, he was surprised to hear the voice of Latios echoing within his thoughts. "Partner, something going on...  The other legendary  are becoming active!" 

Anne smirked sensing the Eevee's reaction to her words- anger, jealously, spite. She had managed to successfully goad him into leaping forward at the right moment, being struck by the second Future Sight she had unleashed while running forward. The impact knocking the Evolution Pokemon back and into the ground and vanishing via Dig.

Spinning when the white Eevee reappeared Anne readied to attack again, only to be distracted when someone shouted, "Galvantula, cover us!"

That order was enough to let the enemy Eevee escape, running through the open doors of the hotel so it could race up the steps to the roof. A sudden tingle down her spine Espeon turned to see another trainer's Galvantula heading towards her to strike; the Ambipom from before heading to strike Sabin.

As the Ambipom leaps into the air it is struck by a Trump Card shot by Sigilyph, though it was weakened to not seriously injure the Pokemon. Once Ambipom was out of the way Sabin streaked through the sky, snatching Anne into the air and towards the roof while avoiding Galvantula's Thunder Wave.

"We need to hurry," Anne commented wincing in pain as Sabin's claws dug into her fur, holding her firm so she didn't drop. Sabin in response speed up, reaching the rooftop and allowing the Sun Pokemon to drop onto Keaden's shoulder.

Without hesitation Anne hissed at Aya and her Mightyena, pushing them back with a psychic blast, though not enough to cause harm, then turned to the trainer, "Seer needs your help! Hurry, please!!!"

Anne's voice, echoing to everyone on the roof, was filled with worry, fear and above all urgency.

[hr]
Standing beside Raikou, who was trying to catch his breath and breathing heavily, the massive Pokemon's chest sinking in with each exhale, Seer kept one hand on the Legendary's shoulder while keeping eyes on Eon as they got closer.

Once Eon was close enough to hear him Seer spoke up, "Are you a member of Team Purity?"

Seer frowned slightly as the man began to chuckle, his hand covering his face. Looking at the young trainer the older man spoke, his tone dark, "I guess you could say say . . . I am their leader. And I want that Raikou."

"So, are you going to hand it over or am I going to have to take it?" Eon finished holding his hand out, Leafeon and Glaceon growling.

Seer didn't say a word and kept examining the man before him. He had learned he was standing in front of the very Leader of Team Purity. A part of him wanted to strangle him. Another part wanted to smash his skull in with his bare hands; yet Seer never moved away from the Legendary Pokemon's side. A sudden flash caught Seer and Eon's attention as Richard appeared, an Alakazam beside him, and undid a pistol so he could aim at Raikou, "Two on one. You ain't got much of a chance, Guardian."

"It seems so," Seer said seemingly without care, looking at the leader of Team Purity and now the main aiming at Raikou's head.

"Oi! Put the gun down!" yet another person shouted, a large man with a Quilava prepared to attack. Narrowing his eyes as Seer watched the new stranger appear with, of all things, a Suicune by his side, he would have to think fast.

• Eon- Leafeon and Glaceon ready to strike. Moveset: Unknown
  • Richard- Unknown Pokemon. Pistol currently aimed at Raikou
  • Unknown Trainer- Suicune. Moveset: Unknown; Quilava. Moveset: Unknown; Motive: Unknown
  • Anne and Sabin- Should be bringing Keaden and Keldeo to their position
  • Kazam- Preoccupied, unable to come to aid

All of those thoughts happened in a second, the Quilava's fire slowly turning blue and Suicine's eyes begin to glow.

"We don't want any violence now, do we?" Clement added, taking hold of two Pokeballs.

"No, we don't," Seer said raising his hands. He would have to move quickly, lest his plan fail utterly.

In a flurry of motion Seer and Raikou struck out. Seer launched his hand forward, using his psychic powers to wrench the pistol out of Richard's hands. With Richard unable to shoot anybody, effectively neutralized, Seer turned the newly acquired weapon on Clement. Pulling the trigger the gunshot rang out as the bullet pierced the trainer's legs- dropping him.

As Seer took care of Clement, Suicune was hit by a massive jolt of electricity from its brother. The jolt not enough to knock the other Legendary Dog, Raikou leaped onto Suicune and pierced its neck with massive fangs to send wave after wave of electricity into the Water Pokemon. Once Suicune was unconscious Raikou toppled over beside the fallen Legendary.

Seer was now aiming the pistol at Richard, ensuring he wouldn't attempt to pull out another gun, a wide smile across his face as Clement shouted in agony from the bullet wound.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted, twice, if you want Raikou you would have to take me as well," Seer said in a matter-of-fact tone, "Instead I now have something better to barter with- Suicune."

"I'll allow you to take Suicune, but you have to take his trainer and me with you," Seer said keeping his aim steady, his tone unwavering as if he was just talking to someone about borrowing a cup of flour.

Was Seer expecting them to not take Raikou was well?

Seer waited for the question and laughed when it was asked, nodding his head to where the Legendary Pokemon had collapsed. But there was no Legendary Pokemon. The massive form of the Thunder Pokemon was gone and in its place was a Ditto, completely unconscious and barely breathing.

Seer had tricked the Leader of Team Purity.

He had dragged them out into the open and had planned on using the fake Raikou to barter with them. However, by the greatest of chances, he had gotten an actual Legendary, Suicune, instead.

After all, a real Legendary Pokemon was better than a fake.

"Well? What is your decision?" Seer asked knowing he had a multitude of escape routes planned out in case things didn't pan out as he desired them.

King Aurelius watched Ayame as she typed away on her tablet. They were putting the final touches on the second day's battles. After looking at the videos from the previous days battles, the King was sure that the plan was working. Already, he had spotted three Legendaries and their Guardians. "Ayame, how is it coming?" He asked, eager to get the battles for the day underway. Ayame turned to the king, her eyes masked by a pair of sunglasses. Now that Aurelius looked at his assistant, he noticed that she took on a particularly glum fashion style. Black hair. Black blazer. Black shirt. Black pencil skirt. Blake heels. And now sunglasses. He had to admit though, she did look quite intimidating.

"It is going great sir. With the data we have collected, I have matched up a few of the Guardians with potential suspects. If all goes well, they may very well reveal their Legendaries to us." Ayame said, not even looking up from her work. The woman was always serious about her work, no time for anything else. "Excellent work. As always." The Absol at King Aurelius' feet lifted its head, sensing a presence. 

There was a crash as a guard threw open the doors to the throne room. He looked extremely tired and out of breath. Sweat covered his brow. It was obvious that he didn't work in the castle, but more than likely somewhere else across the island. "Sir...we...we...have a situ...ation." He said, doubling over to catch his breath. Within moments two more policemen followed as well as the police chief, Gerard. Standing, the king made his way over to the group. "What is going on?" He asked Gerard. He suspected that it more than likely had something to do with the incident he had called him about earlier in the morning.

"Sir, there seems to be a situation down at the beach. We have reports of a malicious Pokemon battle occurring in the courtyard which then progressed to the beachfront." Gerard reported. The King nodded thinking things over. His thoughts were interrupted by Gerard. "Sir, we have shots fired as well as a possible discovery of two Legendary Pokemon." 

The King's eyes widened. This was more serious than he had thought. "Get as many guards out there as you can. I will follow shortly. Subdue any potential threats, as well restrain any Legendary Pokemon until I get there." Gerard nodded, motioning for his men to follow. Turning to Ayame, he began to give her directions. "Pull up any videos we have the courtyard. I want to see this Pokemon battle." Nodding, Ayame tapped a few times on her tablet, pulling up several holographic screens around the throne room. 

The King's face grew dark as he caught sight of what appeared to be a sniper on the top of one of the hotels, but that was quickly pushed from his mind when he saw a battle going on between a purple haired trainer and a Machamp. A literal battle between the trainer and Machamp. The purple haired battler seemed to have some type of unseen power, quickly dispatching the massive fighting type Pokemon. He watched as the trainer attempted to completely annihilate his opponent before something stepped in between them. A RAIKOU?! "Ayame, I thought matches hadn't been finalized." The King stated, perplexed and angered by what he saw. Ayame looked up from her tablet, a rare event. "Sir, I scheduled matches in blocks today, so that we could discover more of the Guardians. They must have been in one of the first blocks, sir." Ayame said, scared by the king's obvious anger.

"What's the purple haired boy's name?" The King asked. Ayame jumped into action, back at work on her tablet. Bringing up the match, he looked at the name. "All we have is Seer, sir." She said, obviously dismayed by the lack of information. She had no desire to upset the king further. Aurelius did not respond, either content with the information or choosing to curb his frustration. Continuing to watch, the King saw the entire thing go down. "Let's go Ayame!" He ordered. Storming out of the throne room, King Aurelius grabbed a belt of Pokeballs from off his throne. Hopefully, things wouldn't come down to it, but he was prepared for anything.

[hr]

Eon recoiled in surprise by the speed of this boy's actions. Before he even had time to think, the purple haired man had snatched the gun out of Richard's hand and disabled the meddlesome trainer. Once the shot was fired, Eon turned to look at the damage and was completely surprised to find that a second Legendary Dog, Suicune, was in their presence. Two for the price of one. Now he just had to figure out how to overpower the psychic. It seemed as if he had forgotten about Eon's own Pokemon, Leafeon and Glaceon, but judging from the man's powers, there was no way that his two Eeveelutions could stand up to him. Maybe with Umbreon and Espeon to back them up, but any chance of bringing them out without provoking the gunwielding psychic was nonexistant.

"I'll allow you to take Suicune, but you have to take his trainer and me with you." Eon laughed at the suggestion. What made the purple haired freak think that he wouldn't just take them both. Voicing his thoughts, the presumed Guardian laughed. Pointing to where Eon though Raikou lay, he was shocked to find a Ditto. Rage blossomed within the stout man. He had been duped. Forced out into the open by a boy and a mere Ditto. "Well? What is your decision?"

Eon eyed the man dangerously. There were very few people that could inspire his full rage, but this man had. There was no way he was bowing to his wishes, no matter the cost. "My decision? Well in the past few seconds, I have decided that when I am through with you, I will leave you to Richard. And let me tell you, he is not as kind to his subjects as I am." 

[hr]

"DAMMIT! He isn't picking up!" Daniel, a Team Purity Grunt said, throwing his cell phone to the side. It skidded across the deck of the boat before dropping into the waters below. Despite being a Grunt, he had been assigned captain of the ship, obviously because of his intense background in sailing. He had practically grown up on the water. There was a roar from the depths of the ship and for a moment, Daniel's hair stood on end, but the feeling passed. The sound of boots splashing across the deck touched Daniel's ears, and he turned to see a fellow Team Purity officer. 

"Sir, we haven't been able to reach the Team Purity base in Goldenrod City or in Undella Bay." The officer said. Daniel racked his brain for the man's name. Yushiko. "I know, Yushiko. The boss isn't answering either. I think it has something to do with that beast we have locked up down below. I knew we should have contacted them before we left. But with this storm raging about and that damn thing's interference, we will have to wait till we dock in Archanum City." Having said those words, a powerful explosion of thunder boomed overhead, a bolt of lightning arced across the sky. A silent pray went through Daniel's head. He could only hope that they would reach Archanum before the storm got worse. And he could tell...it would.

[hr]

Rivere sat on an outcropping of land that stretched over the ocean. She sat cross-legged, her eyes closed, and her breathing even. The grass beneath her moved slightly with soft breeze that accompanied the morning. She had been out here most of the night, trying to calm her nerves after the events of last night. After dropping Tabitha off at the Pokemon Center, Rivere had tried to get some sleep, but her battle and the near death experience of another trainer had left her too amped. Instead, she had decided to come out here and feel nature.

There is a storm coming, young one. Rivere didn't jump in surprise at the voice or even give any indication that she had heard her friend. After a moment, she opened her eyes. Standing beside her was Virizion in all her glory. The morning sun basked the Legendary Pokemon in a beautiful glow. "I know she said. I felt it earlier. I feel as if it will bring a change to this land." She said ominously. Virizion nodded, she had felt it too and was slightly surprised to find that her Guardian had picked up on it. It looks as if the game is just about to begin. 

Rivere was about to reply when she received a message on her DataCard, looking at it, she saw that she would have to be in the courtyard in a couple of hours. Figuring she might as well start heading that way, she took a final deep breath and stood, making her way to the castle's courtyard.

---

Upon entering, Rivere noticed two things right off the bat. 1.) The huddle of trainers that seemed to be fascinated by some early battle. 2.) The hulking form of a massive Pokemon. Brother. The voice of Virizion echoed in Rivere's head. The two had split ways, Virizion returning to her hiding place in the small forest of Archanum. But using her Guardian's body as a vessel, she could sense the immense power in the courtyard. "Terrakion." Rivere said under her breath. 

Making her way through the crowd, Rivere peered at Terrakion at a closer distance. Standing beside the mountainous Pokemon was a woman and a boy who appeared to be quite young. Walking up to the pair, Rivere introduced herself. "Hello, there. I am Rivere. And we have a lot to talk about." 

[hr]

Twenty or so policemen rushed towards the beachfront, leaping out of patrol cars, off of motorbikes, and a few of them even rode their Pokemon. Their orders had been clear. Subdue any threatens and restrain the Legendaries. Upon storming the beach, the police took note of four men and a variety of Pokemon. One held a gun, pointed at a shocked looking man. One lay on the ground, groaning in pain. Further inspection would discover a bullet wound to the trainer's leg. The final figure stood in the center of it all, two feline-like Pokemon at his feet.

Almost in unison, the legion of officers raised their weapons, pointing them at Seer. From a nearby ambulance a pink haired women jumped into the scene. In her hand was a white bag with a red cross on it. Trailing her, three Pokemon followed. "Chimeco." "Audino." "Blissey." They said, hurrying after the women. Taking no heed for her own safety, she dashed to the injured man. 

Arriving at his side, she paused for a moment. Laying on the ground beside the man was a large, wolf-like Pokemon. Its fur was a brilliant blue and the air temperature around the Pokemon was considerably lower than that of the surrounding beach. Farther off to the injured Pokemon was a Ditto that seemed to be passed out. An injured trainer. A Suicune. And a passed out Ditto. All in the middle of a potential gun fight. Great. 

Grabbing the trainer's hand, the pink haired woman tried to get his attention. "You are going to be fine. My name is Joyce. I am a paramedic. We're going to get you out of here." She said, instantly starting work on the boy. Without need for instruction, Chimeco appeared at her side, lending a hand. The other two Pokemon moved over to the injured Suicune and Ditto, using a variety of berries, potions, herbs, and a little bit of Pokemon moves to try to heal them.

"Put the weapon down!" An officer called to Seer through a bullhorn. Having said that, he turned to a fellow officer. "I recognize that guy in the middle," he said. "I'm pretty sure he is from Team Purity or something. Better call in Draco. It looks like we have bigger problems than we thought."

"Um... yeah, I already noticed," Terra told the boy that had tried to warn her about the whole legendary exposure thing, before turning to seeing a familiar face.

That familiar face, Rivere, had already approached the two and introduced herself, before going on to say that she "had a lot to talk about". Terra wasn't sure how she felt about that right now, but figured she at least owed Rivere an introduction, as well as a statement of gratitude for saving her from her downward spiral to death.

"Nice to meet you; I'm Terra," the young woman greeted, "Oh, and thanks for saving my life yesterday. I don't think I could've made it without you there to..."

Terra paused. Not intentionally of course, but she could hear the tapping of one of Terrakion's feet, and couldn't help but wonder what it wanted.

'What?' she asked him.

"There's one more thing you should've recognized her for," mentioned Terrakion.

'Really? Well I can't think anything. Unless you mean that battle Rivere had with that anti-nature dou-'

"No, no, before that,"

'...'

"Perhaps the dream you had in meeting with the other Blades of Justice,"

'...'

"All four of you should've had it,"

'...excuse me?'

"Never mind; you obviously have no memory of it," the Rock-type Musketeer noted aloud after a brief sigh. However, it may have been a good thing that Terra was drawing a blank on the collective memory. Otherwise Terrakion would start conversing on it with her, unbeknownst of a possible and untimely return of the Unown, who could use the information to locate the other two Blades of Justice. Speaking of the Unown, Terra was quick to change the subject, and addressed Rivere and the boy.

"So uh... neither of you two happened to find an Unown around here, did you?" she asked.

Clement Calvinson

What? What had happened? Pain shot up Clement's leg before he could react, and he landed face first in the sand, unaware of exactly what had happened to him. That man, the Raikou guardian. He had...shot him? Despite his disadvantageous situation, he had decided to fight 3 on 1. Idiot.

Clement groaned and pushed himself up from the sand, pressing his hand against the painful bulletwound. As the Raikou jumped at Suicune, they entered a violent battle across the sand, dealing heavy damage to each other. A battle between the two legendaries; history had told that such a thing could be insanely damaging towards the environment, and even Suicune had told him that should such a thing occur, they should take it somewhere where as little damage as possible could happen.

So why wasn't...? No, something clicked. Something in Clement's mind registered, fit everything into place. Suicune's reaction when he saw Raikou was not one he would've expected, either from a violent or a caring relationship. It was more...surprise, if anything. As if he hadn't expected Raikou to appear on the beach. And then Raikou being set upon his brother? If the beast knew the consequences, he would've avoided it.

Indeed, as Clement had finally figured out, the creature dissolved back into a ditto once it had Suicune unable to fight back, itself fainting in the process.

"Do...not...panic, young one. I still...breathe. Distract them...while I...gain my breath." Suicune spoke, his mind still conscious but his body almost unreactive. Were Clement not sitting with a bullet wound, he'd almost be pitying the beast.

For now, he needed to help Suicune and himself, and possibly take down all three of these people. A difficult task, no doubt, but he had joined this tournament to get a challenge, and he had enough confidence that he could take down at least one of these people.

"Quilava, Inferno!" He called, Quilava nodding and releasing a particularly violent burst of blue-ish fire which got between Eon and Seer, burning the sand around them and scorching a black line between the two (narrowly missing Richard). While his attack raged, providing a barrier to the two threats, Clement summoned his, admittedly tired, Togekiss. However, she wasn't required for battle. "Togekiss, use Wish on Suicune. We need to get him ready to fight again." Clement ordered, watching Togekiss nod and move over to Suicune, healing him slightly.

As clement grabbed a few spare pokéballs from his bag, the 4 he hadn't released during training, he watched a legion of police appear at the top of the beach. Aware at the mild illegality of having 10 pokémon on him at a time, he removed three pokéballs from his belt (Breloom, Donphan and Umbreon), and dropped Murkrow's ball back into his bag, but released the other 3 he had taken. Instantly, Porygon Z flew above the flames and adopted a type resistant to the flames of Quilava; thankfully that of a Dragon, and took aim at Richard, preventing any further attacks from the man, lest he try to remove his rifle and shoot someone. The pokémon kept an eye on the other two, of course, but they were already covered.

Lumineon dived into a nearby rockpool, and provided a Safeguard around Suicune and Clement as a Nurse ran up to them, protecting them from any further attacks. Rhyperior merely situated himself inbetween Suicune and Clement, acting as another line of defense, and as Quilava's Inferno died down - the pokémon himself still full of health and readying for another attack - Rhyperior raised both his arms, the cannons inside them aimed at Eon and Seer, ready to fire rocks faster than bullets.

Clement thanked the nurse who appeared at his side, but informed her he was fine, and her focus should be on Suicune. He was needed for the current fight.
Suicune himself seemed to be improving anyway, his body more responsive and his being able to move onto his front, but he still appeared weak, despite the power in his eyes and the cold around him. Perhaps one good attack would be enough; indeed, Clement realised that some of the power in Suicune's eyes was a result of one of his attacks, calm mind. Perhaps he was preparing for a devastating Blizzard, should the police fail in their duties.

Silver turned to Rook as he walked up to him and replied, "Apart from the minor bruises that I got when Lucario landed on me, I'm fine." Rook then asked about last night. "I suppose we do, but all I know is that because the Lake trio had saved during the battle, we are prime targets." Silver put his hands behind his head and thought "Though I believe I'm being targeted by someone else already, someone with a Zoroark." He looked up where the battle involving Raikou had intensified. "I reckon it's best if we don't get involved in the fight going on over there." and as he finished his sentence, Silver had felt a slight chill in the air, albeit short lived.

Meanwhile Cryogonal had reached the courtyard and it was flying around looking for the target that Steve had ordered it to find. It spent a brief moment in each square centimetre until the target was found, and it didn't take long before Cryogonal had found his target: Silver, with that info in mind, he headed back for Steve's room to report back the good news, even though it is likely that they would be moving from their location by the time Steve would reach the courtyard.

Back in his room Steve had gotten out his remote device, a device he had not revealed to anyone in Team Purity as he thought it wouldn't be necessary. When he activated it, a tracker that had been hidden in Silver's bag for the past 5 years after the battle in Ilex Forest, that had also remained unnoticed all this time turned on and its location was shown to Steve. Not long after, Cryogonal returned to give Steve the good news. "You found him?" Cryogonal nodded as Steve gave a resounding grin. "Excellent work, thanks to you I know exactly where he'll be at all times now." Returning Cryogonal back to his pokeball, Steve chuckled as his plans were coming to fruition.

The Unown watched an unknown girl (Rivere) by an outcropping of land and stayed as hidden as possible, waiting for an opportunity. It considered using the same tactic it used against the Lunar Light's trainer, but this one seemed to be a bit different. Perhaps more intelligent. She might not fall for the ploy. And so instead, all it could do was continue to watch. It later followed her all the way to the castle courtyard, when all of a sudden it saw a Terrakion. How odd. N-1 had already reported its discovery, so this Unown had no need to record it.

It was extremely likely that this unknown girl had Virizion in her possession at this point, but it needed to report facts to N.N, not speculation. Lying in wait, as soon as the Legendary Sword of Justice chose to reveal itself, the Unown's eye would glow red and snap the image straightaway. Until then, all it could do was lie in wait.

Its thought process was suddenly interrupted by a telepathic message.

N-2, N-2!

----

N-1?

...The [Raikou] is a fake. But there is a [Suicune] and his master. [Suicune] is unconscious. And the [False Leader] is here. And there are [guns]. And forces. And a [super psychic], likely the murderer of N-3. And- and- This is-

I do not understand. Your report is unclear.

To describe what is happening is an impossibility.

Will you report it to the Master?

...I already have.

Staying as hidden as possible, the Unown tried its best not to be discovered as the events proceeded onward. The last thing it wanted was to share the same fate as N-3. It couldn't afford anything like that to happen to itself.

----

A storm was beginning, that much was clear. It was quite possibly a bad omen, a sign of the things to come. Walking silently onward with kingly robes and dark crown, the golden-haired immortal couldn't help but reminisce about himself a little. He had gone so far to arrive at the ideals he had now, and was well aware of the fact that this was a journey without end. No amount of wrath or power could stop it. There were very many ways to take advantage of this. For instance, the Unown tattoos burned throughout his entire chest and arms, coursing energies across his body that would kill any normal human. But there were also disadvantages. Boredom, for one.

It needn't be said how much N.N was looking forward to his meeting with Seer. His cape waving behind him like wings as the winds grew thicker, he calmly walked to the sandy beaches of the island. Eon was already there, of course, but that man was going to die sooner or later. His role as leader of Team Purity was unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

"Pika-pika... " The Pikachu murmured on his shoulder, slightly exhausted after going into an alternate realm to receive the Unown's report.

Ambipom landed on the cobble floor with a skillful roll, it fired off a water pulse in an attempt to slow the enemy pokemon down, but the Sigilyph was long gone. As its attack exploded harmlessly in the air, Ambipom turned to Galvantula who had let the Espeon go as well. "AmbiAmbi!"  The Long tails pokemon began to hassle the electric type about its failure to prevent their escape. "Galv" Galvantula grunted in an offended tone, as it entered a stare down with Ambipom. The two continued to argue back, and forth until they heard the sound of police sirens in the distance. The bickering ended abruptly, as the two pokemon nodded simultaneously, they needed to get back to Kytes.    

-Meanwhile-

Kytes had been chasing the Eevee for what seemed to be an eternity, the inn's stairs were nothing for the small pokemon, clearing two, and even three at a time. While Kytes on the other hand was beginning to tire, just as he was about to give up the chase, the two arrived on what appeared on the inn's roof. Taking a second to catch his breath, he noticed that the Eevee's trainer was not alone, along with him were a blond haired women, and her Mightyena, as well as the two psychic pokemon he had just been battling. 

"Good job guys..." Mumbled Kytes sarcastically, as he began to pick up on the tension in the atmosphere. Taking another confused look at the Espeon that was now standing on the other boy's shoulder, Kytes slowly reached for a pokeball, before slowly edging towards the strange group.

"J-Just what the hell is going on here?!"" 

Rivere looked around. She didn't seen an Unown...in fact she wasn't sure she would know one if she saw it. Rivere had never laid eyes upon the ancient Pokemon. She had heard stories of course, listened to the rumors of their origins and connection to the older Legendary Pokemon, but if there was one around, Rivere either didn't see it or didn't recognize it. "Sorry she said. I don't see one. How are you feeling after yesterday?" Rivere asked. On the inside she was dying to confront Terra about the Legendary Pokemon at her side and perhaps even reveal to the young lady that she, herself, was a Guardian, but the kid that stood next to them was a wild card. A potential threat.

I would not worry too much about the young one. I sense a pure heart. Rivere nodded. She had figured as much, but it was still better to be safe than sorry. She would bide her time until she knew for sure that the young boy could be trusted. 

[hr]

Kallen looked up at the Treecko/Mew that was perched on his head. The Legendary Pokemon hadn't made said much, even after finding this Legendary Pokemon. "Nice to meet you, Rivere," Kallen interjected, wanting to be a part of the two girl's conversation. "I'm Kallen." Shaking the girl's hand, an image flashed through his mind of an antelope-like Pokemon. The image was gone as quickly as it had came, but he sensed that Mew may have had something to do with it. "So uh... neither of you two happened to find an Unown around here, did you?" Terra asked.

Kallen looked around. Mew had shown him memories Unown before. He hadn't been able to drag out of the Legendary Pokemon what kind of power actually hid behind the Unowns, but he knew there was a mystery to them. Something that Mew kept even from him. "I don't see one. Why, did you?" Kallen asked. 

[hr]

"...because the Lake trio had saved during the battle, we are prime targets." Silver said to Rook. The Guardian shook his head slightly. "That's true enough," he said "but I don't think that is the only reason. You're are a Guardian aren't you?" Rook asked. As soon as he said the words a splitting pain cut cross his head. Dropping to one knee he let out a strangled groan. He tried to fight back the vision, not wanting to interrupt his talk with the possible Guardian, but he didn't stand a chance against it. The scene washed over him. He found himself no longer in the courtyard of the castle, surrounded by people and covered in the shadow of an impossibly large spire. Instead, he was at the docks of Archanum. Dark storm clouds were in the distance and a ship was visible in the distance. Thunder roared overhead and lightning crackled. 

The boat began to rock, the storm in the distance churning the waters and sending water high into the air. Being just a visitor in the vision of the future, Rook could nothing to help. He watched as the boat was hit with a bolt of lightning. The cries of men hit the air as well as an impossibly loud roar. The ship had begun to sink. Then it was over. The vision was gone. Rook woke up to find himself lying on the cobbled ground of the courtyard. Picking himself up, he looked at Silver. "Arceus above, you had better be a Guardian. Someone needs our help."

Kaeden was stuck in a state of panic. Who he had thought to be his enemy claimed to a police officer. An undercover agent. On the side of the Guardians? Could it be? Before Kaeden could think it over, a weight dropped onto his shoulders. A tingle went down his spine once he saw that it was an Espeon. Not any ordinary Espeon, but Seer's Espeon. "Seer needs your help! Hurry, please!!!"

Kaeden nodded. He had made a promise to help, and as long as no one got hurt, he would do so, even if it was just to save his own hide. "We'll talk later." He called to the police officer. He clambered onto the back of Heracross. The large beetle-like Pokemon, really wasn't large enough to ride, but Kaeden figured that with the added speed and power that Aerial Ace offered, the two would be able to get to the beach without too much damage. Just as they were about to take off, another trainer burst onto the roof. "J-Just what the hell is going on here?!" Kaeden didn't have time for this. He could tell by the trainer's body language that he was one wrong move of throwing the Pokeball in his hands and starting another battle. If we are going, we need to go now. Keldeo said to Kaeden. 

Keldeo hated the thought of going to protect Seer, but feared for his trainer and friend if they didn't comply. Giving the order, Kaeden held on tight as Heracross jetted off the top of the building. Heracross descended faster and faster as they raced through the air. Aerial Ace had indeed given them the speed and power, but Heracross didn't have the strength. Kaeden searched for a place where they could make a crash landing, but all he saw was paved roads and cement roof tops. Not exactly a forgiving landscape. Drawing closer and close to the ground, the beach came into view. "Come on! Just a little bit more!" Kaeden said to his friend. 

Anne, still on his shoulders, seemed completely calm about the situation, having barely moved the entire time. Heracross cried out in pain as it strained its wings and muscles to land in the sand. "For heaven's sake." Anne said. Suddenly, the tendrils of gravity weren't pulling on the slightly awkward, airborne group. "What happened?" Kaeden asked out loud. "Well I couldn't let you crash, could I?" Anne said, her snarky voice very apparent. With a sigh of thanks, Kaeden commanded Heracross to land.

Returning the extremely tired Pokemon to its Pokeball, Kaeden rushed over the small hill of sand, and then stopped dead in his tracks. The scene before him was unbelievable. Seer as well as a group of other people stood surrounded by a legion of officers. Quick get behind that rock. Keldeo communicated to Kaeden. Complying, Kaeden hid behind a small outcropping of rock. "What should we do?" Kaeden asked, talking to both Keldeo and Anne. 

Archived