Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled a pretty cool thing from my latest Warbird Weapons Case, a Factory New Butcher Bird GL. Also, it's past January 11th but I still got a Festivizer as well. I'm not sure if I want to use one on it or not, but I'm glad I got something really nice looking.

QzGuP8Q.pnglkIWdJq.png

Having done all the bounties so far and unboxed every Weapons Case I've gotten, so far I have 6 Fesitivers and:
Battle Scarred Autumn Rocket Launcher

Field-Tested Dressed to Kill Knife
Minimal Wear Dressed to Kill Shotgun
Well-Worn High Roller's Rocket Launcher

Well-Worn Coffin Nail Shotgun
Field-Tested Corsair Scattergun
Factory New Butcher Bird Grenade Launcher
Field-Tested Airwolf Wrench
Field-Tested Brain Candy Knife
Field-Tested Blue Mew Pistol

• 2 weeks later...

I've purchased $20 in Steam Wallet funds since the beginning of Tough Break, and right now all Festive versions of it are listed at $23+ on the market, so if I make mine Festive and actually manage to sell it for that much, I'll be in the black. The question is whether I want to or not, it is a really nice RL.

The sudden Tough Break Phlog buff that gave the Pyro absolute invincibility during the taunt was rather extreme. Personal experience with the Phlog of that phase made me feel that the Mmmph meter needed more effort to accumulate - toasting about 3/4 of a Heavy with flames alone filled it, and if by that time the Heavy wasn't dead and noticed my presence, I could just taunt and force the Heavy to retreat or die. (or, since he's already on fire and dying, both at once.)

Now, for removing the HP refill, I'm not very certain about whether it's a wise move. It means the injured Pyro can't just taunt in the middle of battle (since the opponent can one-shot him after the taunt), but it nearly neutralizes the point of the absolute invincibility during the taunt. Maybe you can't get ambushed while winding up your own ambush, but that's the only possible remaining reason to retain the invincibility.

I actually really like using the Phlog with it being my favorite Pyro weapon to use. The lose of airblast is a HUGE nerf though, as I learned when I started using it again after playing with the Rainblower for so long. Especially now that air blasting burning teammates heals you. As it is now I don't think I'll really use it.

Archived