Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was both hilarious and useful, I didn't realize Blutarch and Redmond had convinced Zepheniah to buy that land.

Also, [url=http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/76561198023509463/379048245]my Strange Backburner passed 100k the other day[/url].

• 4 weeks later...

So it's almost summer for me, and I've been getting back in the swing of TF2. Been playing at least once a day, and I've restarted my hat collection.

I just recently finished my Festive Engy set. You know, for summer.

upzmRtz.jpg?1

I'm currently selling a lot of hats if anyone's interested: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20054067#latest

• 3 weeks later...

The degree of amazing in the sentence is incalculable.

I mean typically they showcase new modes/hats/etc in videos, right? So I wouldn't doubt it if we got 'Vs Tumor Bread' mode.
Whats even better, though... Is that now such a mode exists, it gives all the people who make said Vs-Saxton/Freak Fortress/Equestria/Warcraft/etc modes something else to work with, for even more potential =D

Originally Posted by Valve
- Love & War Update
- Added 5 new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items for the Love & War update
- Partner Taunts can now be performed with the opposing team
- Added a new Taunt Loadout with 8 slots so multiple taunts can be equipped at the same time
- Taunts are no longer equipped in the Action Slot
- Pressing the Taunt key in game now brings up the new Taunt Selection menu
- Pressing the taunt key while the Taunt Selection menu is open performs a weapon taunt, or joins a partner taunt

- Mann Co. Store
- Added 15 new taunts and a taunt bundle
- Added 5 new weapons and a weapon bundle
- Added 44 new cosmetics and a cosmetic bundle
- Added "Taunt" category into the store
- Added Mann Co. Stockpile Crate Key
- The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics"

- Items
- Added the Mann Co. Stockpile Crate to the droplist
- Each Mann Co. Stockpile Crate can be repeatedly shuffled to contain a set of 4 possible items
- Added the Mann Co. Audition Reel. Contains taunts and a rare chance at an unusual taunt
- Updated Mann Co. Crates to display which Unusual Series they can potentially output
- Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
- Added crafting recipes for newly added weapons
- Added Killstreak Kits to MvM for newly added weapons
- Added Oz Fortress season 11 tournament medals

- Weapon changes and updates
- With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing 'reload' now activates focus when it is full
- The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
- The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
- All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
- All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
- Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
- Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
- Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

- Misc Changes
- Updated the Halloween holiday to automatically be enabled when the server runs an _event map
- Added a check to prevent achievement announcement spam
- Converted several weapon models to use the c_models system
- Updated the localization files

- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit where charging Demoman could turn more than allowed
- Fixed a bug where Halloween spellbooks were overriding PDAs and Disguise Kits
- Fixed The Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro
- Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves
- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to using 'mp_forcecamera 0' with one player on the server
- Fixed a regression with the trigger_gravity entity not correctly applying its settings
- Fixed another exploit where Engineer buildings could build up a large amount of health
- Fixed a server performance issue related to the item_teamflag entity
- Fixed the itemtest command
- Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly
- Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name

- Map Fixes
- Updated cp_granary
- Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
- Fixed collision on fences
- Fixed the tire props near Blu's forward spawn so players may no longer jump up to the spawn door platform
- Fixed players shooting through gaps around forward spawn doors
- Fixed door protruding through roof on Red's forward spawn
- Fixed a collision bug that gave players access to the roof above Red's spawn door
- Prevented players from building inside spawn room doors
- Adjusted area portals to improve rendering and performance
- Updated koth_harvest_final
- Added metal panel prop to Blu building, which now mirrors the jump up on the Red side
- Small performance increase through prop fade adjustments
- Players can no longer build inside spawn doors
- Updated pl_upward
- Fixed physics debris triggering the payload cart's finale explosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

This is the best TF2 update in a long time. It's almost unbelievable.

So... All night, I basically goofed around with Scout's bucket of chicken, and danced in various conga lines.

You know what I love about the mutated milk thing? Is that if you actually hit someone with the bottle, they have a bread monster noming at their face. It's adorable, but also really damn funny.

I like how the bread sapper is actually eating whatever you place it on.

I have yet to actually get the update, my download speed at home is terribly slow. But I love every bit of it regardless.

I loved all of Expiration Date. This bit made me lose my s***, though:

This is a bucket.
Dear god.
There is more.
No.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3z3Q9E69AY

Weapon changes and updates
- With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing 'reload' now activates focus when it is full
- The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
- The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
- All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
- All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
- Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
- Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
- Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

So, what this means:

• Axtinguisher puff-n-sting combos are now significantly less hated upon since they're more survivable. Hooray!
  • Bushwacka now isn't exactly a straight upgrade to the Kukri, and demands you use it with the Jarate. Oh well.
  • Wrangled Sentries are slightly less difficult to deal with.
  • Haven't observed how the rampup would work.

I love how there is a video of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3uBJeZIZU

Which is funny... Because given the fact Scout has all that Tom Jones merch', it's safe to assume he is a fan of his work.
Too bad Soldier killed him, though... Heh...

Archived