Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And after about 5 days since the event launch, Valve's fixed up and patched out nearly every single exploit regarding doomsday_event. No longer are we subject to Engineers building their sentries in the landscape, nor having their sentries gib people when a random Merasmus spell is invoked.

Also, Rescue Ranger's line of sight is no longer blocked by teammates. YES!

No longer are we subject to Engineers building their sentries

Yea, that was annoying as shit during the first few days, when a Mini Sentry could just mow down the entire enemy team during one of the spells going on.

Regardless....

I have acquired the Necro Smasher, and still plan to keep playing said event until it finally ends.
Srsly. Them bumper cars are just too damn silly.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, this is unrelated to the ducks and stuff, but I feel the need to make this apparent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdsuCIzvOE

ster_'s ability to predict things is amazing, even if he did exaggerate some of it.
I'm tempted to do one of these myself, at this Hale server I go to.
However, I lack any screen recording stuff as usual, and they don't let you use the game's default recording stuff at said server anymore, despite the fact I could come up with like 5-10 things that are bound to appear.

Regardless, here's a question for you guys:
What sort of stuff would you stick on a TF2 bingo card, if you were doing something like this?

On a TF2 bingo card...?

• Scramble vote (that's a given)
  • Excess Spies/Snipers (that's a given)
  • 3 or more Engies (slightly specific to maps, but sometimes it happens)
  • Spawncamped
  • "Something Special" message appears
  • Overtime happens
  • Hazard death

For MvM (especially MannUp):

• Tourless member
  • Odd building placement
  • Duplicate classes
  • Kick vote
  • Member lacks canteen during wave
  • Triple-digit missed cash from a wave
  • Team wipeout
  • Enemy Medic(s) pop uber

• 6 months later...

I'm not stoked about reskins, especially since we've already had killstreaks, stranges, festives and duckstreaks.

But it seems they've thought this through and are also including content for those who won't want to pay. Like new maps. Like the much-awaited-but-cut-for-too-confusing SNOWPLOW. That's worth being stoked about.

EDIT: Oh sheet there are also functional changes

The chocolate bar is shareable

The Tomislav spins up faster

The Brass Beast gives you DR while active

The Air Strike will suck less

There are incentives to using the Big Earner outside MvM

You can properly kill with the Fan-o-War (but is still difficult)

[hype intensifies]

Gotta say, I think there was a little bit of merit to Snowplow's "too confusing for new players". Had a round where our progress on the battlefield was hindered due to the team going the wrong way out of spawn half the time.

New Jag and build time calculations are sweet, with Dispensers and Teleporters setting up in no time flat.

I'm guessing each weapon reskin is part of a collection, which your contracts will contribute to completing. Other than that, there's no direct linkage between your contract and the weapon you get from it.

Also unsure what point there is to pushing for the bonus after you complete the main part of the contract.

Gotta say, actually buying in to the Gun Mettle Campaign actually looks profitable...

...If you consistently get Factory New/Field-Tested weaponry, and at higher-than-sky-blue rarity. Those sell for quite a bit once they become tradeable and can easily cover for case key costs.

Archived