The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure the reason mine was linked to Legend Blood while Roshi's was linked to Legend Moon was because Lyon joined in the timeframe between Legend Blood and Legend Moon, while Richard came straight from the Legend Moon RP. Unless I'm completely missing something, Richard was never a part of Legend Blood, hence the need for his app to be from it's origin, Legend Moon. It's simply a matter of the timeframes that they came from.

Richard was introduced in Legend Blood's finale. Do you not recall the ONLY post I made in Blood? Yes, he is mainly in Legend Moon, but his introduction came as a result partially of Alsa von Mira's actions to destroy Elnherjar (Hopefully, I still spelled that correctly), as Merciful may remember...

Just pointing that out as you never actually brought up my character in Moon, for any reason. Which reminds me...why are you bringing him up?

Richard was introduced in Legend Blood's finale. Do you not recall the ONLY post I made in Blood? Yes, he is mainly in Legend Moon, but his introduction came as a result partially of Alsa von Mira's actions to destroy Elnherjar (Hopefully, I still spelled that correctly), as Merciful may remember...

Just pointing that out as you never actually brought up my character in Moon, for any reason. Which reminds me...why are you bringing him up?

MI used him as an example for GLaDOS's apps.

Maintaining an infinite loop is a power drain, so it would either cancel eventually due to a lack of power going in there to power it, or there would need to be a certain amount of power increase as well, but I'm not really sure how to describe that.

As to the characters linking back to the first post, can you elaborate on that? I'm not sure which you mean. The first post the app's were posted in, the first post that Merc keeps all the character post links in, or something else?

I did actually forget your post from Legend Blood, obviously it just didn't stick in my mind after Legend Moon started. Unless I'm mistaken you didn't have a character app for him in Legend Blood though, which is why yours is linked to Legend Moon and mine to Legend Blood. Lyon and Richard never actually met in either RP anyway. Near the bottom of Page 172 was where he was mentioned anyway.

Ask, and thou shalt receive. Here is my rundown on Firasto, and I'll do the others later as I have to sleep now. But don't despair, I'll have my analysis of the other two later.

[spoiler=HEART BREAKERS! Special Edition]
Hello boys & girls, Broke. N here and it’s been a long time. I said never again but I do so love special occasions. Today I’m taking a different spin to deliver a don’ts when it comes to making an app. Today my unwitting and up his own a$$ misguided RPer Shadow has asked what’s wrong with the powers of his apps. Well, thankfully for this little a$$ clown ignoramus I am always happy to lend a helping hand. Aren’t I generous?

Here boys and girls, we have the power set of Blaze Firasto. So, let’s see what’s wrong with it shall we?

Due to the nature of his creation from the remnants of his previous selves, Blaze has a unique ability unheard of in the universe he lived and fought in--Megamerging without a Biometal. In reality, he is simply one person with two forms.

So, transformations are unheard of in his universe huh? Why, aren’t we such a special little snowflake?

Blaze has an internal heat core capable of a great amount of heat output, although the true limits of it have yet to be tested.

So, no ballpark then? You can just say “I can reach 1000000000000oC, but I don’t know my true limit”. See, here we have someone clearly trying to get away with more than their fair share of the pie by being vague. Being vague is a Neddy no-no kids, and something a RP manager must be quick to note on. If someone is vague, then it’s clear they’re trying to power play; so don’t follow this dumbasses’ amateur’s example. Set practical limits, so people don't complain when you declare your Power Level is 5,000,000,000,000,000 but that it’s okay because you don't know your true limit. Though do remind me how a human body is capable of surviving being on fire? I’d like to know the logic of that one.

Blaze is well versed in several different styles of martial arts. Additionally, he is capable of punching craters in the ground and creating carefully controlled shock waves with his punches.

Ah ha. Here, we have what we call defying the laws of physics. See, to create a ‘carefully controlled’ shockwave, you need to do something with an incredible amount of Newtons of force, something not even a robot is actually capable of doing. Why? Because with the amount of force required, you’d break your hand and arm. Newton’s Third Law of Physics states that for every force there is an equal force pushing back; so, if we were punching with the force to generate shockwaves, then the force would go back right up your arm. And no matter what Unobtanium you’re made of, you can’t ignore Newton’s Law when the servos operating your arms just went bust. Actually, now that I read into this, Blaze can use the shockwave attack when in human form. Oversight? No, just ignorance. Have fun breaking your arms champ.
Actually, let’s focus on the ‘carefully controlled’ part shall we? How does one carefully control a shockwave? You can’t exactly decide its actions once its been triggered. And how the hell does a human mind, no matter how much its been integrated with machinery, know the right amount of Force to apply in the split second timing of a battle? Even the best computers need a few seconds and in that time you would have already been scrapped. And I don’t even think the great, mighty, brilliant Shadronus has the ability to generate a material that could cancel the backlash of force. More to the point, you didn’t spend much time explaining Blaze’s material. What’s its melting point? Its resistance levels to both heat and force? How well does it conduct electricity? For all the powers you seem so proud to show off, you seem very lacking in the material side of things.

Blaze can generate flames from any point on his body, allowing him to become fully engulfed in fire at a moments notice. He has also learned the ancient are of Fire Bending while held captive in Shadronus's realm, and can also condense the flames to mimic a solid state.

Ah ha. You ARE aware that you can’t just learn Fire Bending right? It’s something inherent to a being and you can’t just one day decide to be a Fire Bender. And I will add that all four forms of Bending are inherent to the Avatar, he just needs to learn how to properly use them. See, unlike what you seem to believe in your little dream bubble Shadronus, you can’t just ignore the laws of a Universe simply because it stops you from stealing using its ideas.
Though, do remind how FIRE can become solid? Fire is continuous heat energy that comes as a result of combustion, and it is incapable of becoming solid no matter how cool you think the idea is. There is no scientific way to make fire solid. It is not a state of matter, it is a form of energy. Funny, it’s almost as if you don’t even understand the basic underlying points of science Mister Shadronus, master scientist.

Shadronus is capable of firing plasma bullets or generating plasma weaponry from his hand. He can also analyze and mimic attacks he has seen with his own version of them, and often imbues all of his attacks with fire.

And here boys and girls, is an example of the maker’s ego. Only someone with a neck-crushing ego would write in the name of his author insert rather than the character he happens to be writing about.
But, where are my manners? I’ve been forgetting to address the fact that he can COPY attacks he sees once then adds fire. This is unbelievably lazy, and just shows how much of the maker’s ego shines through. “What, you can do that attack? Well I can do it too, but I also added fire. Because fire obviously makes everything cool.” Lesson of the day boys and girls, don’t spend hours learning incredibly difficult techniques, just watch someone else do it then use a copy power you inexplicably have to learn it in just by looking at it. Effort? What’s that?

When Shadronus dons his armor, he becomes a wholly mechanical being, his organic self being digitized and logged in a protected part of his body. When dispelling his armor, Blaze can turn the outer shell into fire instead of having it vanish. Additionally, Shadronus's armor is capable of withstanding most kinds of damage, including armor piercing attacks and corrosive abilities.

So, all this stuff beforehand can be achieved WITHOUT the armour? Isn’t it scintillating to know that a human gets to defy the laws of logic just because some jaded old fart in a bubble does some magic chuckle voodoo on them? It really speaks volumes to the amount of effort put in by the maker, who is actually mentioned again if you didn’t already notice.
Though that last bit brings me back to what I was saying before. You have someone who is on fire. Now, I don’t know about you, but I do happen to know that metal that is constantly being heated is a lot more malleable and thus easier to bend and break than a cooled one. Now, by what you’re saying, this guy’s armour can very easily ignore it’s own opposite, armour piercing weapons. Because, that makes sense right? You have armour piercing weaponry? Well my armour resists armour piercing weaponry. Why? Because I say so that’s why. You have spoken nothing about what makes this metal so damn special, and I don’t think you know why it is anyways. Also most metal polymers these day resist most forms of caustic attacks, it’s not a big whoop.

While in his powered state, Blaze can overheat, allowing him to output a far greater amount of firepower, both literally as well as rounds fired per second, which can surpass 100 at its peak. His armor is also capable of self-regeneration while completely submerged in magma, using a copy of his armor's blueprints to guide the process.

You know overheating is bad right? Since overheating is typically what fries a computer in the first place, usually the motherboard. So, what kind of coolant does this guy use to not fry the computer that’s currently holding his physical form? Because if he’s on fire all the time, then I don’t think his own computer chips could even last overheating. Also, how can he just, self-regenerate in lava? Lava is made up of a lot of things, and a pool of it wouldn’t have nearly enough materials to make any major repairs. And if he can repair himself with iron or other natural ores, then that would be the metal he’s made up of right? If so, then you are completely full of crap since you couldn't rebuilt solid armour from liquid metal.

So, if I have Blaze correct, he can do things no human can do by generating shockwaves on a whim, he has an internal fire core that is somehow NOT frying him alive. He can generate Megaman blasters for some reason, as well as just fire plasma pellets anyways. He can copy an attack by looking at it and somehow mastered an art you can’t even learn unless you already had it. He is constantly built up by sticks as his magical armour has a lot of perks, but the creator clearly had no idea on the properties. In turn, we have a character who is made of Unobtanium who can defy the laws of physics because shut up. 10/10 design Shadranus.

Could you be more specific? Which ones?

GLaDOS' app about Yuki has an origin stating that she is from some old RP.

MI says Yuki was much more prevalent in some other RP.

MI was using Richard as an example that we as RPer's should have the origin where our characters were more prevalent and not where the first made an appearance.

Ask, and thou shalt receive. Here is my rundown on Firasto, and I'll do the others later as I have to sleep now. But don't despair, I'll have my analysis of the other two later.

[spoiler=HEART BREAKERS! Special Edition]

Hello boys & girls, Broke. N here and it’s been a long time. I said never again but I do so love special occasions. Today I’m taking a different spin to deliver a don’ts when it comes to making an app. Today my unwitting and up his own a$$ misguided RPer Shadow has asked what’s wrong with the powers of his apps. Well, thankfully for this little a$$ clown ignoramus I am always happy to lend a helping hand. Aren’t I generous?

Here boys and girls, we have the power set of Blaze Firasto. So, let’s see what’s wrong with it shall we?

Due to the nature of his creation from the remnants of his previous selves, Blaze has a unique ability unheard of in the universe he lived and fought in--Megamerging without a Biometal. In reality, he is simply one person with two forms.

So, transformations are unheard of in his universe huh? Why, aren’t we such a special little snowflake?

Blaze has an internal heat core capable of a great amount of heat output, although the true limits of it have yet to be tested.

So, no ballpark then? You can just say “I can reach 1000000000000oC, but I don’t know my true limit”. See, here we have someone clearly trying to get away with more than their fair share of the pie by being vague. Being vague is a Neddy no-no kids, and something a RP manager must be quick to note on. If someone is vague, then it’s clear they’re trying to power play; so don’t follow this dumbasses’ amateur’s example. Set practical limits, so people don't complain when you declare your Power Level is 5,000,000,000,000,000 but that it’s okay because you don't know your true limit. Though do remind me how a human body is capable of surviving being on fire? I’d like to know the logic of that one.

Blaze is well versed in several different styles of martial arts. Additionally, he is capable of punching craters in the ground and creating carefully controlled shock waves with his punches.

Ah ha. Here, we have what we call defying the laws of physics. See, to create a ‘carefully controlled’ shockwave, you need to do something with an incredible amount of Newtons of force, something not even a robot is actually capable of doing. Why? Because with the amount of force required, you’d break your hand and arm. Newton’s Third Law of Physics states that for every force there is an equal force pushing back; so, if we were punching with the force to generate shockwaves, then the force would go back right up your arm. And no matter what Unobtanium you’re made of, you can’t ignore Newton’s Law when the servos operating your arms just went bust. Actually, now that I read into this, Blaze can use the shockwave attack when in human form. Oversight? No, just ignorance. Have fun breaking your arms champ.

Actually, let’s focus on the ‘carefully controlled’ part shall we? How does one carefully control a shockwave? You can’t exactly decide its actions once its been triggered. And how the hell does a human mind, no matter how much its been integrated with machinery, know the right amount of Force to apply in the split second timing of a battle? Even the best computers need a few seconds and in that time you would have already been scrapped. And I don’t even think the great, mighty, brilliant Shadronus has the ability to generate a material that could cancel the backlash of force. More to the point, you didn’t spend much time explaining Blaze’s material. What’s its melting point? Its resistance levels to both heat and force? How well does it conduct electricity? For all the powers you seem so proud to show off, you seem very lacking in the material side of things.

Blaze can generate flames from any point on his body, allowing him to become fully engulfed in fire at a moments notice. He has also learned the ancient are of Fire Bending while held captive in Shadronus's realm, and can also condense the flames to mimic a solid state.

Ah ha. You ARE aware that you can’t just learn Fire Bending right? It’s something inherent to a being and you can’t just one day decide to be a Fire Bender. And I will add that all four forms of Bending are inherent to the Avatar, he just needs to learn how to properly use them. See, unlike what you seem to believe in your little dream bubble Shadronus, you can’t just ignore the laws of a Universe simply because it stops you from stealing using its ideas.

Though, do remind how FIRE can become solid? Fire is continuous heat energy that comes as a result of combustion, and it is incapable of becoming solid no matter how cool you think the idea is. There is no scientific way to make fire solid. It is not a state of matter, it is a form of energy. Funny, it’s almost as if you don’t even understand the basic underlying points of science Mister Shadronus, master scientist.

Shadronus is capable of firing plasma bullets or generating plasma weaponry from his hand. He can also analyze and mimic attacks he has seen with his own version of them, and often imbues all of his attacks with fire.

And here boys and girls, is an example of the maker’s ego. Only someone with a neck-crushing ego would write in the name of his author insert rather than the character he happens to be writing about.

But, where are my manners? I’ve been forgetting to address the fact that he can COPY attacks he sees once then adds fire. This is unbelievably lazy, and just shows how much of the maker’s ego shines through. “What, you can do that attack? Well I can do it too, but I also added fire. Because fire obviously makes everything cool.” Lesson of the day boys and girls, don’t spend hours learning incredibly difficult techniques, just watch someone else do it then use a copy power you inexplicably have to learn it in just by looking at it. Effort? What’s that?

When Shadronus dons his armor, he becomes a wholly mechanical being, his organic self being digitized and logged in a protected part of his body. When dispelling his armor, Blaze can turn the outer shell into fire instead of having it vanish. Additionally, Shadronus's armor is capable of withstanding most kinds of damage, including armor piercing attacks and corrosive abilities.

So, all this stuff beforehand can be achieved WITHOUT the armour? Isn’t it scintillating to know that a human gets to defy the laws of logic just because some jaded old fart in a bubble does some magic chuckle voodoo on them? It really speaks volumes to the amount of effort put in by the maker, who is actually mentioned again if you didn’t already notice.

Though that last bit brings me back to what I was saying before. You have someone who is on fire. Now, I don’t know about you, but I do happen to know that metal that is constantly being heated is a lot more malleable and thus easier to bend and break than a cooled one. Now, by what you’re saying, this guy’s armour can very easily ignore it’s own opposite, armour piercing weapons. Because, that makes sense right? You have armour piercing weaponry? Well my armour resists armour piercing weaponry. Why? Because I say so that’s why. You have spoken nothing about what makes this metal so damn special, and I don’t think you know why it is anyways. Also most metal polymers these day resist most forms of caustic attacks, it’s not a big whoop.

While in his powered state, Blaze can overheat, allowing him to output a far greater amount of firepower, both literally as well as rounds fired per second, which can surpass 100 at its peak. His armor is also capable of self-regeneration while completely submerged in magma, using a copy of his armor's blueprints to guide the process.

You know overheating is bad right? Since overheating is typically what fries a computer in the first place, usually the motherboard. So, what kind of coolant does this guy use to not fry the computer that’s currently holding his physical form? Because if he’s on fire all the time, then I don’t think his own computer chips could even last overheating. Also, how can he just, self-regenerate in lava? Lava is made up of a lot of things, and a pool of it wouldn’t have nearly enough materials to make any major repairs. And if he can repair himself with iron or other natural ores, then that would be the metal he’s made up of right? If so, then you are completely full of crap since you couldn't rebuilt solid armour from liquid metal.

So, if I have Blaze correct, he can do things no human can do by generating shockwaves on a whim, he has an internal fire core that is somehow NOT frying him alive. He can generate Megaman blasters for some reason, as well as just fire plasma pellets anyways. He can copy an attack by looking at it and somehow mastered an art you can’t even learn unless you already had it. He is constantly built up by sticks as his magical armour has a lot of perks, but the creator clearly had no idea on the properties. In turn, we have a character who is made of Unobtanium who can defy the laws of physics because shut up. 10/10 design Shadronus.

[spoiler=Response]

You make several good points, Broke. N. In my defense, I was quite tired when I typed up the edited app for Blaze, and I just wanted to get things done before I went to bed. Fire as a solid state doesn't work on its own, something I realized after I thought about it this morning (and planned to remove), and I had completely forgotten to take Newton's third law into account, so unless I added something else in that actually allowed for carefully controlled shockwaves (which is not really needed and only useful on the ground), that really isn't something plausible for Blaze.

As to the powers mentioned previous before his armored state is mentioned...I'm clearly going to have to restructure everything I would be keeping in there to specify what he can't do unless he's in his armored form. The only way that I can see the regeneration thing happening is if there was some kind of nano-bot thing that only works when he is submersed in a molten substance, but nano-tech isn't his thing. I do have an idea for a potential replacement for that power that I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on, though, once you're up again.

Transformations aren't unheard of in his universe, and I had completely forgotten that transformation without an external medium being needed was something that was already covered in MMZ, so I'm going to be giving that area some heavy editing.

The Overheat ability is actually something inherent to the original Flame Stag, and it's something I wanted to expand on. I'll have to see what I can pull up for information on that before deciding what to do with it.

Finally the bit with Shadronus's name in Blaze's character app. That was an honest mistake on my part. as I said, I was tired when I did the editing, which was clearly a bad idea on my part, and the main reason why I made sure to do the app edits last night was only because I said I would, otherwise, I would have happily waited until this morning, AFTER I had gotten some sleep.

In closing, could I ask you to please not be a scathing and insulting blight? I know it's hard for you, and hard to believe that I am not deliberately trying to be the most powerful character in the entire rp, but at least give me the benefit of the doubt, will you?

No, I will NEVER give you the benefit if the doubt. Why? Because I know you Shadronus, quite well as a matter of fact. I know for a fact you plan to power play your brains out. If you weren't, you wouldn't have made Shadronus in the first place. And no matter how much pseudo intellectual crap you tie this all up in, I know underneath that pretty bow is a dog turd wrapped in tin foil.

P.S. I do the insult thing for humour. Though in this case there was an extra case of bile, just for you

Merciful.  If you need the World Post, you can put on top of the next page and I'll follow immediately after.  I don't think it would fit in the middle of the current page personally, but if you can it works.

I agree, I'll do just that.

Once I have the proper time.

@Broken & Satsui: Welp, that was an entertaining, if slightly mean read, and I suppose I should look at people's abilities a bit closer next time.

If you don't mind me defending him though, the 'magical armor' is, if I'm not mistaken, biometal. A morphing metal. It'd be more logical to say that this biometal absorbs the ores from lava, imbuing their properties into itself and thereby enhancing both structure and stored data. If Satsui wishes to go with a different explanation, then he can feel free And defying intense heat, if memory serves me correctly, is a trait that's been shown multiple times in the Megaman series. Also, since Shradonus is a god, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that he gave Blaze the inherent ability to firebend.

I'm sure that all the above traits are justified to some extent considering that this is a Grand Crossover RP and not a Speculative Fiction RP, and I'll have to trust Satsui with the limit of his flame temperatures. What I'm concerned about is the fire-copying. So Blaze just looks at an attack, analyzes it on sight and sense alone, and then mimics it? The principle behind this is kinda lacking and needs to be explained more.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Nope. He has to specifically observe and analyze the attacks and abilities being used. He would only be capable of copying some of them, and things that fall wholly into the realm of magic cannot be copied, such as spells and the like. Additionally, he can't observe a person's strength and then mimic that strength, although I feel that bit should be fairly obvious.

In all honesty, I'm considering getting rid of the copy ability altogether. I had a bad feeling about it from the start, and you don't have to specifically say that a character may have the ability to create his own version of an enemy's attack. If it's something that can be replicated in one form or another, whether through understanding the mechanics of the attack used, or reverse-engineering it into something that can be used by a character, and your character is capable of either one or the other, or both, then it is what it is.

I created Blaze as fighter, not an analyzer, and he wouldn't have the time for it anyway, so I'm just going to completely remove the copy ability.

As to giving a specific heat output temperature, I have no idea what wouldbe acceptable for that, which is why I left it vague, not because I'm trying to get away with more than I should.

Also, since Shradonus is a god-

So Zero made a character that's a god. You let it happen.

Um...

Nope. He has to specifically observe and analyze the attacks and abilities being used. He would only be capable of copying some of them, and things that fall wholly into the realm of magic cannot be copied, such as spells and the like. Additionally, he can't observe a person's strength and then mimic that strength, although I feel that bit should be fairly obvious.

In all honesty, I'm considering getting rid of the copy ability altogether. I had a bad feeling about it from the start, and you don't have to specifically say that a character may have the ability to create his own version of an enemy's attack. If it's something that can be replicated in one form or another, whether through understanding the mechanics of the attack used, or reverse-engineering it into something that can be used by a character, and your character is capable of either one or the other, or both, then it is what it is.

I created Blaze as fighter, not an analyzer, and he wouldn't have the time for it anyway, so I'm just going to completely remove the copy ability.

As to giving a specific heat output temperature, I have no idea what wouldbe acceptable for that, which is why I left it vague, not because I'm trying to get away with more than I should.

One more thing you should take into account... the materials you can find in lava are precisely the materials which are in a liquid state at lava temperature.

So if he does in fact repair himself with things you find in a liquid state in lava, then his robot form can't stand more heat than the one lava irradiates. He'd go liquid.

That is part of the reason why I am completely removing that. I was considering the possibility of his repliroid form being capable of self repair when not being used, i.e. when he's in human form, but I don't know how well that would go over.

Also, Shadronus isn't a God. He is an Outer God, meaning he no longer belongs to any one universe and is far more grand and complex and way to broken to actively use then a normal God would be, at least for rp settings. This is why he is specifically being kept in his realm and will only observe things as they happen, and MAYBE serve as a plot device later, depending on who wants to do what and how. Additionally, he has no desire to involve himself in events happening outside his domain.

So long story short, he's a way overpowered version of The Watcher, except The Watcher actually gives a damn, whereas Shadronus keeps to his realm regardless of who does what for why outside of it.

Archived