The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making a spherically flat map turned out to be a little harder than I expected. I mean, the skeleton's easy enough, and I can just take from Earth atlases to create the sphere divisions and A1-F8 positions, but the problem is making a map that would make sense, both as a planet and as a location that can be walked all over, especially since there are trees all over it.

...In other words, I may have to postpone the start of the Sphere Forest just a little bit longer as I try to figure this out. I may make have to make single squares using my map creator and fit them in digitally, creating a sort of bizarre maze. At the very least, I'll need to make it clear that there's a border between day and night (CC will find themselves around the dark side, and Divine the day side).

I'm afraid that you'll have to stop once you enter the portal, because what you find on the other side is not what you may expect it to be. Or maybe it will be. Maybe there'll be cake. But anyway, because of that, you can't explore the forest just yet.

Anyway, Broken, I think that's enough bashing for one day. You've filled almost an entire page with arguments about a single character (or two) who may or may not be conveniently overpowered, and it leaves a stale taste for anyone who has to read through them, not just Satsui. No fun there. More importantly than the application, let's just let the RP flow naturally and have Satsui continue on with his characters.

Then, if a horrible flaw appears in any of his posts, if his characters magically become unbeatable, that's when you can criticize him.

Are you seriously missing the part where I literally asked for it? Have you seen me complain about the criticism's Broke. N made? It actually helped me to better define my character's abilities and figure just what wouldn't fit quicker than I would have on my own, dude, and I'm glad of that. *tips hat to Broke. N*

Making a spherically flat map turned out to be a little harder than I expected. I mean, the skeleton's easy enough, and I can just take from Earth atlases to create the sphere divisions and A1-F8 positions, but the problem is making a map that would make sense, both as a planet and as a location that can be walked all over, especially since there are trees all over it.

...In other words, I may have to postpone the start of the Sphere Forest just a little bit longer as I try to figure this out. I may make have to make single squares using my map creator and fit them in digitally, creating a sort of bizarre maze. At the very least, I'll need to make it clear that there's a border between day and night (CC will find themselves around the dark side, and Divine the day side).

*insert dark side of the moon song reference here*

As to the rp itself, I look forward to it starting again.

There's only one truth, and that's despair >:{)

Hope and despair are the multiverse equivalent to light and darkness from Kingdom Hearts. You can't have one without the other. Despair results in someone wanting to restore hope to those who have none (ie: Batman). A man who has hope would lead to someone wanting to bring despair to all.

So, neither despair or hope is the real truth. They are just a part of life. Even if someone isn't willing to accept hope or despair, it's there for someone to restore or bring it towards others (Though I'd avoid bringing despair as I'm against it).

Sorry for rambling Admiral. Just felt the need to do it. ^_^

Are you seriously missing the part where I literally asked for it? Have you seen me complain about the criticism's Broke. N made? It actually helped me to better define my character's abilities and figure just what wouldn't fit quicker than I would have on my own, dude, and I'm glad of that. *tips hat to Broke. N*

*insert dark side of the moon song reference here*

Not at all. In fact, that's the reason why I didn't interfere earlier, and I was gonna quote Roshi (who jumped in without taking the time to understand the situation, as usual) pointing this out before deciding not to. What I'm complaining about is how almost an entire page was filled with criticism, when it could've been contained into a mere three or four posts. Oh well.

Hopefully, since tomorrow is a Friday, I'll have the time to start "Arc 3: The Sphere Forest of the Periphery" then~

That's gonna delay my post by a day then.  I can't really drop the big one until everyone can walk the world freely.

Have you figured it out?  I'd imagine doing something like making two halves would work (and coincidentally would make it easy to have a night and day side), but distances might not make sense...

Crap, YCM's back up? Erm, I mean YAY! So er, anyway, due to slight delays on YCM's part, I'll wait for everyone to confirm that they're still here and see if anyone's gone inactive over the past week. Then I'll start Arc 3 and post the already-finished map.

Speaking of which, the map might be a bit confusing since it won't be flat, though both sides will be shown separately for simplicity. Considered making a gif, but that would be too much trouble~

I need someone still in the portal room to give Preds a list of the CC before he moves in.

I suppose that would be Arthuria's job, though if anyone else wants to do it, feel free.

Crap, YCM's back up? Erm, I mean YAY! So er, anyway, due to slight delays on YCM's part, I'll wait for everyone to confirm that they're still here and see if anyone's gone inactive over the past week. Then I'll start Arc 3 and post the already-finished map.

Speaking of which, the map might be a bit confusing since it won't be flat, though both sides will be shown separately for simplicity. Considered making a gif, but that would be too much trouble~

I'm here, everyone will trickle back in eventually, things such as this usually take a week to clear up so we're actually ahead of schedule haha.

Dammit, what the hell was YCMaker trying to update about the site that would take 3 days to do?

Anyway, I got nothing to do except ask this: Chris, is Byakuya possessed or something? Cause there's no way he would defect to the Divine unless he had a good reason, was deceived, or under someone else's control (Possibly a Class 4 Entity).

I am still in.

So anyway, let's please get that big world post done so that Chris can do his big post and the rest of us can get on with business as usual.

Also, I plan on having Clerano use his communication stone as the medium for casting several beneficial spells for CC members to benefit from, including an aura armor variant of stoic, piercing capabilities, and a continual small drain on everyone's energy that will go through a boosting spell before the energy is transmitted, thereby allowing everyone a continual steady increase in energy, with the stones gathering and storing excess energy once everyone is a little above full power, thereby allowing at least some of the spells to become self-sustaining.

So yeah, that's pretty much what I hope to accomplish in my first post on the sphere forest planet, as long as there aren't any major gripes from the powers-that-be.

Dammit, what the hell was YCMaker trying to update about the site that would take 3 days to do?

Anyway, I got nothing to do except ask this: Chris, is Byakuya possessed or something? Cause there's no way he would defect to the Divine unless he had a good reason, was deceived, or under someone else's control (Possibly a Class 4 Entity).

He's being controlled.  Isamy saved him and she can use him.

I am still in.

So anyway, let's please get that big world post done so that Chris can do his big post and the rest of us can get on with business as usual.

Also, I plan on having Clerano use his communication stone as the medium for casting several beneficial spells for CC members to benefit from, including an aura armor variant of stoic, piercing capabilities, and a continual small drain on everyone's energy that will go through a boosting spell before the energy is transmitted, thereby allowing everyone a continual steady increase in energy, with the stones gathering and storing excess energy once everyone is a little above full power, thereby allowing at least some of the spells to become self-sustaining.

So yeah, that's pretty much what I hope to accomplish in my first post on the sphere forest planet, as long as there aren't any major gripes from the powers-that-be.

I wanna drop the bomb as much as you do homes.  It'll be done.  Merciful has a lot on his plate though.

Archived