The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I'm finally back~

By the way, once somebody finds the hidden room in Floor 4, the first arc's boss battle will be triggered. Therefore, you probably shouldn't try to 'find' and enter it yet until everyone else is...ready enough.

Itsu and Foster are on the ground.

And looking to form a team.

Plus, they have a retrofitted Tau Manta.

Who doesn't want to ride in a Tau Manta?

It's a Tau Manta.

Which Itsu, the woman who is usually prepared for any situation, has customized extensively.

I'm pretty sure the Inch of Will is going to be fine.

On another note, it's positioned and aimed at the portal to act as a potential getaway vehicle.

You know...in case this mission fails horrendously for one reason or another...

Stalfos, I have mentioned several times that the Inch of Will is a Tau Manta.

Now, go look at the design of a Tau Manta, and tell me where it has windows for Riley to break.

OK, now you're just cockblocking him from getting inside because you can. It's highly unappreciated <_<

Fine. I'll roll with it.

BTW, do ghouls need to breathe?

And can they survive extreme cold?

According to the Fallout Wiki, they do have respiratory systems, so I assume they require a regular oxygen intake.

Though the loss of pressure from a vacuum might not hurt them.

Well Ayame and Naomi are on the fourth floor, and in case of any confusion, they came across Mammon in my last post with them. Lyon's wandering about the castle somewhere, I'll figure out exactly where he goes in my next post, but for the moment he's on the first floor. Darcy's just got herself out of the way at the moment, needing to recover from her last fight before she tries to fight again.

Fine. I'll roll with it.

BTW, do ghouls need to breathe?

And can they survive extreme cold?

According to the Fallout Wiki, they do have respiratory systems, so I assume they require a regular oxygen intake.

Though the loss of pressure from a vacuum might not hurt them.

Yeah, that's right, so that's an automatic yes to the first question.

As for the second, the ghouls can probably survive as just well in extreme cold as humans can, if not fare slightly better or worse. Although the Deathclaws are more adapted to the desert or a wasteland, so they'd probably be screwed.

Yeah, that's right, so that's an automatic yes to the first question.

As for the second, the ghouls can probably survive as just well in extreme cold as humans can, if not fare slightly better or worse. Although the Deathclaws are more adapted to the desert or a wasteland, so they'd probably be screwed.

Luckily, the Deathclaws are not the ones dealing with a vacuum.

They just have to contend with the minor issue of plummeting to their demises on the ground hundreds of feet below.

Meh, that can be easily solved. They have strong claws, so they can just grip into the walls, floor and ceiling. They'll be frozen in place though, most likely.

Actually, now that I think about this... how hack-proof is the Inch of Will? Could Riley manage to hack his way in... say, in a couple of posts? Or will it take much longer?

Meh, that can be easily solved. They have strong claws, so they can just grip into the walls, floor and ceiling. They'll be frozen in place though, most likely.

Actually, now that I think about this... how hack-proof is the Inch of Will? Could Riley manage to hack his way in... say, in a couple of posts? Or will it take much longer?

The Inch of Will is controlled by a sophisticated AI created from an amalgam of different tech levels who has many different countermeasures to cyber attacks.

Such as shutting off any and all access ports when an intruder, against all odds, breaks into the ship.

Considering Riley is 1. suffocating and 2. freezing to death, I doubt his last act will be a futile attempt to hack into a computer system centuries ahead of his own time's systems.

Oh, I think I mentioned this before, but characters are incapable of teleportation.

Still, just for the sake of the plot and how Pikmans seems to be in a rather hopeless situation, I'll allow it. But he can't go any further than thirty-ish meters.

Riley can stop himself from freezing no problem. All he has to do is activate both Shishkebabs and viola. Fire.

It's just the suffocation he'll need to prevent. Nothing an oxygen mask can't handle, but anyway...

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but how can there be fire when there's no oxygen to feed said fire? .3.

That means Riley has either fire a rocket at the control panel before the door to the bridge successfully closes, or run all the way to the engine bay whilst holding his breath, and fire at the vacuum generator... with a rocket. And both of these better be capable of actually being blown up or I'm gonna be pissed!

The engines are external.

And why would Riley have an oxygen mask on his person anyways?

Again, look at the design for the Tau Manta.

Here, I'll even give you this schematic.

Manta9.jpg

Itsu has made some modifications, so what used to be the "command bridge" and the "upper transport deck" is now combined together into a singular passenger area, with the command bridge's functions removed to make way for a cargo elevator, which is now sealed off.

Archived