The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, damn.

So status check.

Arthur did some hokey pokey magic to heal Espeon

I could block it if I tried, but I wouldn't, as it wouldn't really be enough to be a nuisance, as a quick crushing hold could kill it, although I wouldn't.

Arthur had stabbed repeatedly and failed to break through the shield.

MirageGaogamon did some attack at the Renegade?

Could you clear things up a bit perhaps?

Arthur's eyes are glowing, so the Renegade is basically looking directly at the sun, and Espeon took in this sunlight to heal herself. MirageGaogamon stabbed at the sand, so the Renegade is currently trapped between two of the three claws on MirageGaogamon's right hand, which one claw on his left and the other on his right. I have something else up my sleeve, so wait until I finish my post, which I'm working on right now.

How big is MirageGaogamon? *eye twitch*

I mean you said he trapped like 1-2 people between his claws...

Is he like a giant now?

And okay, I'll wait for your response.

I'm assuming this:

Arthur attacked repeatedly with a sword or something. -> fails

Uses sunlight thing to heal Espeon and attempt to blind Renegade for a bit -> Heals Espeon mostly, as for Renegade, waiting for response

MirageGaogamon dives to trap Renegade between claws -> waiting for response

Uses Screech to attempt to drop shields -> waiting for my response

Right?

EDIT: Do the claws come in between Arthur and the Renegade or does it trap both of them inside? Second, would this block the soundwaves (the claws)?

Yes, he's a giant. I tried to look a picture that help give you a good idea, but all I could find was a picture of the next form he could get, but since they're the same size, I feel it's still helpful.

MirageGaogamon is this big. See the little guy right there? Arthur is about that tall.

Yeah, Arthur has repeatedly failed to attack the Joker. He has it in a stabbing motion, but the sword is pointed at the arm the Joker is not using to hold Espeon, since Arthur thinks he could aim for the heart.

I've made my post, but all that really happens is that the Joker now has to worry about Flygon. Sorry, but considering how overpowered the Joker and Jeriii are, I think I'm allowed to use four characters against him.

It's fine if you use all four against me.

I also edited my above post a bit.

The blinding rays might temporarily stun the Renegade enough to loosen his grip on the Espeon that a strong tug without touching the Renegade could pull it free, although in a weakened state, even with the healing.

The soundwaves would temporarily distract the Renegade for maybe 2-3 seconds and drop the shields to maybe 60% strength during that window of time. If someone like MirageGaogamon attacked at full power in that window, it could blow the Joker back ten feet or so. He would readjust himself to the point killing him or greatly severely damaging him like that would be impossible, as well as future soundwave attacks being basically impossible. A broken rib at the most would be inflicted, which wouldn't hurt him much, with a low pain tolerance. He would rely on his sight and sort of a aura-field detection-esque thing to keep fighting, sacrificing his hearing by pushing away all soundwaves from then on.

I'll write my post once you respond to this.

No, the claws only trapped the Joker, not Arthur, although that does mean Espeon is trapped.

Yeah, my intention is that blinding rays allow Espeon to break free. The Joker dropping the shields is exactly what I want to happen, but he'd have to be freaking deaf for Screech to not work on him a second time. However, as soon as the shields drop, Arthur's sword will be able to pierce the Joker's flesh. Because of the sheer size of MirageGaogamon, he'll have to take his claws out of the sand to attack again, or he unleashes a Double Crescent Mirage right on the Joker, but Arthur and Espeon will have to get out of the way in order to avoid being hit by the attack.

So basically, assuming everything goes through, here's what will happen:

• Arthur manages to stab the Joker.

• Espeon is free.

• Flygon's Screech attack was successful.

• MirageGaogamon still has the Joker trapped.

Espeon, Flygon, and MirageGaogamon will be ready to attack again, but the Joker could potentially do something to prepare for anything they could throw at him.

Okay Admiral, clear this up for me, would ya? Your post basically said that one of your characters has the artifact, right? How did you get it when, as far as I'm aware, you were NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE PYRAMID!?

Well, come to think of it, I've been ignoring you and TFF's characters for the longest time, as they're doing their own thing, so I probably should have paid more attention. -_-

BTW, status update on the pyramid ruins if somebody will?

No, the claws only trapped the Joker, not Arthur, although that does mean Espeon is trapped.

Yeah, my intention is that blinding rays allow Espeon to break free. The Joker dropping the shields is exactly what I want to happen, but he'd have to be freaking deaf for Screech to not work on him a second time. However, as soon as the shields drop, Arthur's sword will be able to pierce the Joker's flesh. Because of the sheer size of MirageGaogamon, he'll have to take his claws out of the sand to attack again, or he unleashes a Double Crescent Mirage right on the Joker, but Arthur and Espeon will have to get out of the way in order to avoid being hit by the attack.

So basically, assuming everything goes through, here's what will happen:

• Arthur manages to stab the Joker.

• Espeon is free.

• Flygon's Screech attack was successful.

• MirageGaogamon still has the Joker trapped.

Espeon, Flygon, and MirageGaogamon will be ready to attack again, but the Joker could potentially do something to prepare for anything they could throw at him.

Just some things.

If MG puts his claws between Arthur and the Joker, then won't it block a lot of the light, as well as a good deal of soundwaves? Also, wouldn't it get in the way of Arthur trying to attack the Joker?

Second, the Renegade's not stupid enough to get hurt a second time by this, so he'll sacrifice hearing altogether by blocking all soundwaves. He already has a visual filter to protect against most visual contact attacks (transmitting energy through vision, manipulating enemies via eye contact, etcetera).

Third, would it hurt Arthur if he saw his own blinding light?

@Kazuto: One of the posts just around the post where the Desert Seth part begins, his character took the artifact. He had permission to do so presumably.

Hmm, good point. Alright, edited my post so MirageGaogamon doesn't have the Renegade Joker trapped, but he'll attack if need be, so the Renegade Joker can still move, but Arthur can still stab him. Does the Joker's visual filter make him tolerate sunlight as well? Honestly, I can't think of any weakness your character has. Arthur is immune to the bright light because he's a son of Apollo. I specifically noted how easy it was for him to see in the Desert Seth to point out that intense lights don't bother him. If you mean that the Joker could deflect the sunlight, because of course he can deflect anything, except apparently supernatural attacks, even though psychic attacks somehow don't count as supernatural, then no, deflecting sunlight isn't going bother Arthur. As far as Arthur would be concerned, reflecting sunlight would be even less effective than deflecting a small drop of water at him.

Archived