The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

Adding Alex, Ratchet, and Clank to Team Foster, as well as a new special guest...

An old friend of Itsu's from ALL THE WAY BACK in Return of the Earthbound Immortals.

Originally appearing in that RP as a literal plot device for Izumi and Carly to get around, I give you the longest-running running gag in my RPs.

The Duelhog.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I cannot find the original RP, but, in Return of the Earthbound Immortals, the Dark Signers Izumi and Carly were stranded in Satellite without any vehicle, when, all of a sudden, a UNSC Warthog appeared out of thin air. The post then cut to Valhalla, where Red Team from Red vs Blue was complaining about their teleporter experiment failing miserably. Not ones to look a gift horse in the mouth, the two ladies hopped in and made history.
Since then, the Duelhog has popped up every now and then in some of my roleplays.

Think of it as the Derpy Hooves of the Itsu universe. Only not voiced by Grey DeLisle.

Decibel.

1 - I didn't know your character could move that fast. I think I've said this more than once already, but speedblitzing is NOT allowed, whether or not you're top tier. Even the shinigami have been lowered to a level more combatable by others. Being faster and stronger than others is alright, but you're not supposed to be a god. I don't care if your character is a god, he has to be at a level that others can oppose to some extent.

2 - Isn't that powerplaying against Roxas's character? So unless you both planned this, that was an extremely unfair move. And there's a little error there too, how is he somehow talking (is he saying it super-super fast?) and twisting the pain in a time 'before anyone realized what happened'?

VI. No godmodding or powerplaying without permission first' date=' regardless of whether or not your character’s a god incarnate ^_^;

[/quote']

Oh,  alright. That part's fine then.

But it's still a little too much to have him move at supersonic or hypersonic speeds IMO. 'Moving faster than anyone can react' is going over the line, especially since he was approaching them from a distance.

Point in question: Sephiroth was countering a moved aimed at a NPC who could defend herself. HOWEVER, he didn't attack the Renegade back.

The Renegade in question not only moved at unreadable speeds, but also attacked a rate that was uncounterable, more to the point that he was there and gone 'before anyone realized what happened'. This was all done to a PC as well. THAT is why it's a nono.

I gave him permission to beat the crap out of Arthur. However, he did completely ignore that MachGaogamon is directly attacking Sayer.

... well, thanks for pointing that out.  Otherwise, I would not have realized it just by skimming through the page.

But, yeah, I agree that the Renegade is getting a bit too "near-god-tier happy" with his recent action.  I suggest that he tone it down in the future....

I gave him permission to beat the crap out of Arthur. However, he did completely ignore that MachGaogamon is directly attacking Sayer.

I thought it was that MachGaogamon had thrust his fists out in the direction of Sayer, telling him to reveal himself.

Also, I'll tone down the speed for all future ones to a somewhat counterable speed (by the higher tiers), but is it alright if I just keep this one as is?

I thought it was that MachGaogamon had thrust his fists out in the direction of Sayer, telling him to reveal himself.

Yes, but MachGaogamoan is a giant dog, so he could sense him. Probably should have added that I was suggesting he couldn't really see him in the sand, but MachGaogamon was going to hit him unless Sayer responded, which he did.

Also, I'll tone down the speed for all future ones to a somewhat counterable speed (by the higher tiers), but is it alright if I just keep this one as is?

Well, alright then. But you should probably keep the speed level just a little more vague, since I'm the one who has to do the math and compare it to everyone else.

Then why was Sephiroth allowed to attack at the speed he was in when responding to what the Renegade attempted to do back in Isamy's castle? Speedblitzing counts for attacking too. I don't care if Sephiroth is a god or is the Arc 3 boss, there should be NO technicalities. Just saying. -_-

Because swinging speed is different from moving speed. If you've ever held a sword and swung it as hard as you can, you've probably swung it faster than you can run. It isn't unreasonable to assume that Sephiroth can swing that fast, and it isn't unreasonable to assume that he can cut down a jet moving at supersonic speeds, but it is unreasonable to assume that he can outrace the jet itself. He's still combatable as well, and lower tiers have at least a tiny chance against him.

Or something along those lines.

Besides, if the Renegade, Sephiroth, Kenpachi, or whoever decides to speedblitz with their attacks, it's actually alright (until they start to speedblitz other top tiers anyway). If two top tiers go at each other with extreme speeds, then why not? As long as it's balanced out. Let the guys have their fun. The problem is not giving others -especially weaker ones- a chance to evade, counter, or even react.

Balance is important. Even if Cody Renner is the one being attacked, they shouldn't be put into situations where it's impossible to have their characters reasonably do anything in response. And if they are...

...Why do I get the feeling that you keep trying to poke holes at me? :/

It's just that I can see some of your flaws that, at certain times, you don't realize you have. Preferably when you add your own rules to your own RPs. I actually hold you accountable in enforcing these rules from the FIRST time it's disregarded and onward, which you didn't do until the second time the rule was broken. Makes sense, don't it?

If I wanted to poke holes into you, I would have done FAR worse and would have gotten backlash somehow. I'm just doing you a favor how I do this. Cut me some slack. <_<

It's just that I can see some of your flaws that, at certain times, you don't realize you have. Preferably when you add your own rules to your own RPs. I actually hold you accountable in enforcing these rules from the FIRST time it's disregarded and onward, which you didn't do until the second time the rule was broken. Makes sense, don't it?

If I wanted to poke holes into you, I would have done FAR worse and would have gotten backlash somehow. I'm just doing you a favor how I do this. Cut me some slack. <_<

Well, it's not like it's unwelcome. In a way, I'm actually glad that you're going to such efforts to point out things you think are flaws, and it can help me improve.

But if you really want a proper explanation as to my actons... Of course I disregard the rules. I only enforce a rule if somebody isn't having fun. Rule VII isn't just there for show - it's a necessity! A necessity! If somebody's foolish actions makes other people unhappy, then the rules are my tool to correct that unhappiness. So if somebody breaks a rule but everyone's fine and maybe even excited about it, then I'll let it be.

In other words, yes, it makes perfect sense.

Alright guys, Hollow is back. I've been preparing for school, so I wasn't really able to be as active as I would have liked... I'll get to work on a post right away.

Oh, and I guess I'm obligated to comment about the Sephy thing... Like It was said above, I assumed it was ok to use "God tier speed" to counter a projectile, as long as I didn't launch a counter attack at the same speed. I would never slice a character to pieces without them realizing it.. unless I got permission like Deci did.

Balance is important. Even if Cody Renner is the one being attacked, they shouldn't be put into situations where it's impossible to have their characters reasonably do anything in response. And if they are...

Hey, I at least gave plenty of warning before I posted that... or even thought of it for that manner <_<

But yeah, that's pretty much what a silver bullet is; introducing an item out of nowhere to solve a problem rather than using the one(s) provided.

And I know this because I used to play theatre sports back in my high school days... before I lost interest in it :/

Decided to split the Troy showcasing into two posts. This current one shows that a single Troy can one-on-one a sandwyrm and come out on top with relative ease. I've also revealed one way to dispose of an attacking Troy; albeit the one that would only work for characters close to the void surrounding the pyramid.

Next post will feature the last few things you'll need to know about battling the Troys, including the other way of disposing them. After that, everyone gets to fight 'em :3

For those who are curious, Troys are stick-figure enemies unrelated to the Desert Seth and thus cannot be controlled by the Divine, which'll probably be a sign of the warning that Viligance gave them.

Just in case Admiral's show wasn't specific enough, here's a copy of his explanation:

Troys are very potent combatants in their humanoid form, as they have an extraordinary balance of strength, speed and stamina, all three qualities of which exceed that of any human... and probably the vast majority of Magical Girls. They also have the uncanny ability to recover reasonably quickly from attacks, even those that would normally kill other familiars. The best way to defeat a Troy is force it off one tile whilst ensuring it isn't able to jump onto another, although another effective method is to bind it somehow.

If I had to rank them, each and every Troy should be about mid to upper-mid tier.

Still, encounter rate should be low considering the vast desert, so consider yourself unlucky should you come across more than one or two.

Archived