Blind Eyes rewrite [PG-16][IC/Started/Still Accepting]

Yosuke-kun

Ryoko woke with a start, her sheets soaked with sweat. 'Another nightmare... The demons again...' Though it had been over a year since she was taken in by The Demon Slayer Guild, her dreams forced her to relive her year on her own. Though she craved revenge, she had not yet acquired it. The nightmares had been even worse recently, happening nearly every night. 'I need to kick this... I woke be able to destroy them if all I can do is cower in fear.' Looking down, she saw a slip of paper with the image that pushed her fear back into action. 'Masune the Bloodreaver. What is the big deal with you anyway? $50,000,000,000 is a lot of money, it doesn't matter who is offering it.' Her fear preventing her from taking action, Ryoko had not left her home since Masune's bounty was announced. 'I don't even stand a chance. Everybody else going after this guy had had such a head start already. And what happens if I do see him? Then what will I do? Stand there? Flee? It will be just like my nightmares, but this time I won't be able to wake up.' Opening her eyes, she saw that she was shuddering as a tear dripped from the tips of her nose onto the slip of paper. "Crying?!? What are you, some kid?" Realizing that she had reached the point of shouting at herself out of fear, she wiped the tears off of her face and stood up. "Masune... He is to blame! I must enact all of my rage upon him! By the time I am done, he will be the one who can't sleep! No. He won't even have a chance to sleep! I will kill him on the spot, before he has a chance to be afraid!" Ryoko would run out of her front door, grabbing Seichō-kō from the side of her bed as she went.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Are you sure you don't want to know there's a very interesting story about how I got this, and the other 3 Regalia for that matter," Izanami asked Masune, who at this point was wondering why he had actually come. Izanami smiled as Marta introduced herself, but turned it upside down when Sakura made her comment.

"Well that wasn't nice, what do you mean? Could he be a human then?" Izanami tilted her to the side, studying Masune, again remembering who his face and mannerisms seemed familiar to her. 

"I didn't say he smelled bad... just odd. Its not a scent I'm familiar with," Sakura ground her teeth together, before raking a clawed hand down Masune's face. This caused 5 red lines to appears down Masune's face, which disappeared in the next scene because they were only for comic relief. "I'll finish with the scroll later Mistress, for now I shall excuse myself." Sakura hissed before walking away. 

Izanami watched Sakura leave, but her head snapped back when Masune mentioned his last name... Masahira. Izanami's eyes widen before welling with tears. 

"A Masahira, huh, well its seems my emotion has gotten the better of me, if you'll excuse me..." Abruptly Izanami got up and walked away among the  labyrinthian stacks of bookcases.

Shi's eyes also widened, not only at the fact that the boy was a Masahira, but the boys aura. Now looking at it not only was it not anything Shi was familiar with, like Sakura had said, but it was not just a Darkness aura... there was something else... something that shouldn't be there, but he decided to keep that little tidbit to himself. 

"Kids... umm... well it seems I have some explaining to do in Izanami-san's stead," standing up Shi leaned against a nearby wall, "this is something not even Marta has heard so pay attention. Izanami is not Izanami's birth name, nor is she by birth a demon. Izanami was born Kuroda no Kumiko during the Kemmu Restoration... as a human. I'm sure you all know how a human becomes a demon," Shi blew out heavily, and by now Keiko had also left going back to categorizing the books, "If not I'll fill you in, a person who is extremely evil in life, becomes a demon in death." Shi paused to allow all this to sink, and to allow Izanami to make her rentrance. 

"Well I'm sure you all have some questions," Izanami's lips were drawn into a thin line, ",but please do not call me Kumiko, I can't bear to hear that name anymore." 

Anapa

After listening on quietly to the others introductions, Anapa finally spoke up to introduce himself as well. "I am known as Anapa, one of the demons of the Doji clan. For those that don't know, the Doji clan is fairly unique among the demon groups in that it actually exists to protect humans and half-demons from those who would wish to do them harm. I am also one of the oldest demons you will ever meet, old enough that even I am not sure of my exact age, only that I've been around for at least 5 Millennia, and no longer remember how I came into being. I use a form of Runic Magus, along with an unusual piece of Magus centred around my right eye." As Anapa spoke of his eye, he activated it's ability, causing it to turn pure white before a rune circle appeared in the place of the iris. "With it activated, my eye takes the form you can see, and I can view any Magus nearby, as well as being able to see people's aura." With that, Anapa looked around the room, seemingly surveying the room, before returning his attention to those in front of him. The infomation about Izanami's origins were interesting, but he refrained from commenting, along with not commenting on the unusual aura centred around Masune, something that had already been talked of and he didn't see necessary to reiterate.

Li Kaguya

Happy to finally have some stronger demons emerging, Li charged forward, throwing herself into the fight. Carving straight through a few weaker ones without stopping, she ran right up and launched a flurry of strikes against a larger demon that had taken down a few of the soldiers. Said demon reacted, dodging most of her strikes, and trying to hit back at her in exchange, while she in turn dodged around him and launched a straight thrust that hit straight through his arm. Not wasting any time, Li withdrew her blade, darting around his side to reach behind him, sending another quick thrust to impale him from behind. As the last edges of life faded from his body, she withdrew her blade, whipping it towards the side and down to remove most of the blood before charging at another demon.

Sarah and Tanya had arrived at Shibuya, but undoubtedly someone would have likely seen them fly in the sky, So they landed on top of a building, then jumped off the right side of the building, landing in an alleyway softly, despite the rough and hard ground, due to their Wings and proceeded to hide their wings and tails, as not to attract too much attention from onlooking commoners. Both Sarah and Tanya were running out of the Alley and around, Pretending to play tag, looking overall like a pair of very young and hyperactive little girls. Tanya giggled and said to Sarah "I never thought this would be so fun" which Sarah said "I know, right?".

Amaterasu looked towards the sky. It was already growing late, and fragments of starry bliss filled the vacant air, colouring it with streaks of red and orange. The street captured a perfect view of the sun in the distance, and Amaterasu felt the radiant warmth of the sun's rays on her skin, revitalizing and rejuvenating her spirit to a more fashionable state. As Amaterasu continued to walk along to her new destination, she spotted an out-of-place character dashing along the sidewalk, holding a large metallic object. Amaterasu took note of the girl's appearance: Silver hair, blue eyes, and long baggy cuffs that surrounded her arms. The girl's most noticeable feature, besides her obviously heavy metallic ball, was the bright pink skirt and boots combination that adorned the lower half of the girl's wardrobe. Such a hideous fashion statement was hard to forget, but it seemed as though following her would be the best course of action. Then again, the confused look in the girl's eyes, the sweat pouring from her brow, and her heavy and distraught running made it seem as though she was wandering aimlessly, or that she had just awoken from a nightmare. Amaterasu thought of the latter.

"There's an unusually high amount of Magus and Aura in this area. Is there something going on tonight? That girl had an Aura of her own. It's filled with fear, spite, and contempt. Perhaps, if her emotions are as clouded as they are, she may become a useful pawn for me in the future. However, I must keep my eyes focused on matters at hand: The Ibaraki-Doji, and the entirety of their clan, is my primary objective. With them out of the way, there shall be no intermediary that can possibly get in my way. And when the time comes, when I have built up a force of respectable size, none of this will even matter. Masune the Bloodreaver, Ouroborous...nothing will matter in the end."

Amaterasu kept her eyes on the girl, letting her slip out of sight, before going the opposite direction. Amaterasu wondered, too, if she was wandering this town aimlessly.

As she sprinted out of the door, Ryoko felt a feeling as if she was being watched. Ryoko had virtually no extra-sensory perception, so she brushed off the feeling as a side-effect of sleep loss. "Now then! I have a... person to catch?" stopping, she realized that she really knew nothing of this "Masune" character aside from the massive reward for his body. Slowing her pace, she walked down the street, wondering where she could find out more about this guy. "Wow... I realyl should have payed better attention at school, though I doubt they would have taught much about this kind of thing... Then again, who needs background knowledge when I can just just seek him out!" Ryoko would hold Seichō-kō up to her face, and blow softly upon it, causing what appeared to be molten metal to seep out of the pores of the sphere, shaping into a compass. This compass would spin around, the purpose being that it would catch onto hints of aura in the air, pointing toward the nearest source of extremely high aura. The point would point toward Ryoko. "Oh. Wow that is flatt-" Before Ryoko could finish her sentence, the point would curve around her, pointing at a woman who was turning a corner behind Ryoko. "Hmmm... she doesn't seem to be very special, but I might as well check her out" At this, Ryoko would begin to subtly follow the one known as Ameterasu.

[url='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIxYqsgDdV8']The Chase is On[/url]

Amaterasu felt a disturbing presence in the air. She knew she was being followed, but the entity who was following her had an unknown aura, an unknown power. Was it the girl that Amaterasu had just had a run in with? Amaterasu was suspicious about the girl's intentions. It was obvious that many many people were after Masune the Bloodreaver, but what was the girl doing chasing after Amaterasu, especially with her being so broken on the inside.

Amaterasu dismissed the girl's attempts to chase her, focusing her eyes and ears on small, unnoticeable things that a regular human couldn't see. Riffles of the grass and clusters of footsteps echoed within Amaterasu's mind as looming thoughts of the girl Amaterasu met before encroached within the darkest corners of her mind. Amaterasu's heart began to race, contradicting her usually calm and normal stamina. Why was she so concerned about this woman, and what was with this sudden spike in Aura that the girl generated?

The girl may not be as perceptive and aware of her surroundings as Amaterasu was, but Amaterasu also knew that the girl wouldn't give up on the chase so easily. Amaterasu turned a corner in an attempt to throw her off her trail, ducking into a dark alleyway between two buildings, getting further and further away from the girl's presence and aura. Emerging on the other side, she turned her fast-paced walking into a slow jog, pushing random civilians out of the way with the occasional "hey, watch where you're going" or "move out of the way next time, bitch". However, Amaterasu ignored these insignificant creatures. Pressure soon started caving down on Amaterasu as a small bead of sweat trickled down her forehead and splattered on her dress. Amaterasu maintained her breathing, keeping at a slow rhythm so as to not draw attention. However, Amaterasu knew that the chase was far from over.

"I have to get away from her. She must be tracking me. Is that the power of her Aura...or her Caladbolg? If it's the latter..."

Amaterasu turned in the opposite direction, away from where she was facing, before momentarily blending in with the crowd, using her small size to her advantage in this scenario. Not trying to think about if the girl was a Demon Slayer or not, she hurried past the crowd to a small park.

Breathing heavily at the last burst of sprinting, Amaterasu placed her hands behind her head and took several deep breaths. However, the riffles of grass and footsteps behind her instantly made her turn around. She put on as calm of a face as she could, interlocking her hands and dropping her arms, turning around to see who had been following her.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

Izumi, and Aoi

Aoi reacted quickly to the cat’s sudden appearance, swiftly drawing her pistol from its holster, and taking up a firing position. Izumi was quicker however, appearing between the two, before igniting   Ryuketsu no sakura. “Aoi, would you please stand down.” Izumi’s voice had become soft, and almost motherly as she flashed the cat her perfect fake smile. “You’ll have to excuse her, she can’t sense aura.”

Nodding understandingly, Aoi slowly lowered her weapon, before bowing her head towards Izumi, and then the cat. “My apologies…” Now able to read the situation, Aoi new that the cat must have been extremely powerful, and Izumi was attempting to minimize how much of a threat they appeared to be. Satisfied with her assistant’s response, Izumi continued. “So strong... Could it be that, you have business with someone like me?~” Ryuketsu no sakura’s blade was still ignited in her hand, but Izumi had begun to slowly suppress her aura, in attempt make herself appear even weaker.

Hibari
"By the way, you should work on your aura, to put it lightly, there are too many situations in which water and ice aura won't do anything."

"Huh?" Hibari raised an eyebrow, as he leaped across another building. “Ice is versatile, easy to control, light as a feather, yet as still strong as stone. I’m pretty sure I can win most of my fights, with what I have…” Taking a moment to glance at the girl that he would probably be spending the rest of the night with,  Hibari remembered he hadn't even asked her name. “H-Hey, you know my name… So It’s only fair you tell me yours, right?” Hibari blushed slightly, before jerking his head to the side, to catch a man dashing through the streets in a cloud of smoke.  Remembering the descriptions, and bios he had been sent, on the people Masune was last seen with, Hibari instantly recognized him as Reven Meria. “He would know where Masune is…” Silently motioning his partner to follow, the pair began stealthy tailing Reven, from the rooftops. 

Ryoko practically had to sprint to keep up with this women "Hey! Wait up! I need to ask you about someone!" Wow, was this woman persistent  If she didn't know any better, she would think that the woman was a demon fleeing from from a young Demon Slayers Guild member. Well, part of it was true. "Come on , lady? What are you so afraid of?" Suddenly, the mysterious woman turned around, and Ryoko collided with her in a huge crash. Pulling herself up from the ground, she noticed that the woman seemed to be under some form of stress. "You ok? That was quite the chase we had there! You sure can run fast!" Ryoko held up a finger to the woman, signaling that she required a moment to catch her breath. "Sorry about that. I am a member of the Demon Slayer's Guild, as you probably guessed. Seichō-kō led me to you, the closest person with a powerful aura. So anyway, do you have any idea who Masune is? I kinda need to kill him..."

Reven

Reven was having little luck moving through the streets with all the people getting in the way. He was going to need to get to the roof tops to move more freely. He stopped dashing to listen in on his surroundings. He was able to tune out most of the street sound as he was now standing with his eyes closed on the street. He heard what sounded like foot steps coming from above. He was not sure what they were coming from. He had a hard time hearing over all the noise on the street even with tuning it out most of it. He deiced he would just dash up a roof top to be able to move  more freely. He looked up to the top not seeing anyone up there. He dashed up the building not expecting what was going to happen when he got up there. As he was leaving the cloud of smoke he ended up crashing into a male who had been up on the roof. Reven rolled off of the collision on the roof and looked at the two that were already there. He said, " I am sorry that was completely my fault. " He had no idea who these two young people. He had no idea what to expect as he was not getting a normal smell off these two. He made sure to slip his phone in his pocket. as he stood in front of him. He was not attempting to threaten anyone or fight he just wanted to throw off the inexperience trackers off of Masune trail.

Hilda 

Hilda was holding the position with all the other soldiers. She was certain that they should have been able to hold their position. She saw a lot of the bigger demons began to show up. She decide to stop sniping as she took off her extended barrel and enhanced scoop to switch her Rifles function from sniper to assault with a semi automatic fire rather than the single fire capacity of the sniper mode. She began to pepper the demon who had taken out some soldiers with shots. The demon seemed to be ignoring the shots like It had metal skin. She figured that he was going to have to pull out the big moves as she switched to explosive ammo. She began to unload on the demon letting each shot blow up and push the demon back until it was nothing more than a lifeless husk of it self. She then saw Helena robot fighting a big one she knew she could not fully help with that but she could assist as she pulled an explosive and threw it at the demon Jade was fighting.  She had not turned he attention off of keeping the perimeter. She did order some of the soldiers on her side of the perimeter go help Helena and her robot deal with the big demon on the roof as she was taking care of her side. 

[b][u]Masune and Marta[/u][/b]

[url=http://youtu.be/aPVrAxTB4r4]Final Fantasy X - A Dream That Will End Sometime.[/url]

As Izanami revealed her past, as well as the fact that she was one of the people who's become a demon by committing horrendous acts of evil, Marta quietly bowed her head in shame. In truth, Marta HAD known about it; although not in detail. She'd learned of it once a while back by using her Vocal Telekinesis, but had remained quiet about it so as not to upset Izanami. Even so, would Izanami mind horribly if Marta had known? [i]It's not as if my opinion of her changed or anything, so it should be fine, right?[/i] she thought, trying not to appear as if anything'd changed about her. Unfortunately, as Daiki was talking, her Vocal Telekinesis activated again, telling her about the night that Daiki's parents were killed. She closed her eyes tightly, and looked away from the others, hoping not to be noticed while the images flashed through her head.

[i]In some ways though, I have to admire him.[/i] Daiki'd seen his parents die, but somehow he still found it easy to see the brighter side of things despite that. It'd taken Marta a year, maybe more as the following year after her mother die was completely missing from her memory, for her to even begin to recover. Once the memories that Marta received from Daiki had ended, she couldn't help but look at him with an admiring smile on her face.

While Marta had been struggling with her thing, Masune had been dealing with his own bit. [i]"A Masashira, huh?"[/i] Why was she saying it like that? [i]More importantly, why did she get like that when I mentioned my last name?[/i] The obvious answer was of course that she'd known his parents, and now Masune found himself fighting not to ask about them.

[i]Well why shouldn't I? The whole reason I started this thing was precisely because I wanted to know more about them. If Izanami knows about them, then-[/i] His thoughts were interrupted however, as two men entered Izanami's shop. The taller, a black haired man, wearing a red jacket and baggy camo jeans along with a loose fitting white tank top, made his way to the front desk. The other, a younger looking gray haired man wearing samurai armor and carrying a large barrel on his back, began inspecting some of the merchandise. "We heard you're an information broker. Well, we're looking for a girl, about yea high." The man held his hand up about five and a half feet off the ground as he spoke. "Pinkish hair, white skin. Probably looks like a tourist here. Oh, and she'd got a big rack. Seen her?" Masune sensed their aura at once and knew what they were. [i]Demons...[/i]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz60MzDpo4A&feature=share&list=PL4BC94E66D7F221AC]Metal Gear - Intruder 2[/url]

[i]Oh no, I have a big rack![/i] Marta thought as she cupped her hands around her chest and scooted herself into a corner in the room. Both demons had massive amounts of aura, and Marta could tell that they were not to be messed around with. Masune had pinned himself next to the door leading to the main room, using Chaos Sight with his periferals to see into the room. One of the demons Masune recognized. [i]That man in the armor... He was with Muramasa.[/i] Masune gaze turned towards Marta now. He wondered what a guy like Muramasa want with somebody like Marta, but figured it didn't matter. Masune's darkness aura coated his left arm, and he prepared to summon Kokuen in his right hand.

Ayatane glanced towards the back room, as if he knew that that was wear the group were hiding already. A small went through Masune, and he considered trying to run away, but looked over at Marta, then to Daiki, and then Izanami and Anapa. Each of them helped him already. Marta risked her life to pull Masune out of Hell. Anapa saved him from a group of demons attempting to to kill him. Daiki believed that he was innocent, and had promised to help Masune through all his battles; and Izanami had taken her into his home, and risked this exact outcome to protect him. [i]I already decided that I'm done running away. Besides, I owe these guys a debt.[/i]

"I asked you once already, where is she? If I have to ask again, it'll be in the form of flames." the black haired man said. Seems he was serious too, as flames had then appeared in his hand as he readied himself to fire them. However, Ayatane intervened. A stream of wispy aura wires shot from Ayatanes hand and wrapped themselves around the black haired demons wrist. The demon looked back at Ayatane, confused by his partners actions. "What good would burning the place down do? At least make it look like you can think before acting Kagutsuchi." Kagutsuchi wrenched his hand out of Ayatane's wires, then looked back at Misaki. "Well even if burning down the building is out of the question, there must be someway I can make them talk." Ayatane sighed, then shot another set of his aura wires at Misaki and wrapped them around her throat. "I suggest you tell us quickly. I'd hate to ruin such a pretty young girl."

[url=http://youtu.be/3cYPm0msyCE]Blazblue - Rebellion (vocal cover)[/url]

That was enough. Masune wasn't going to just sit there while these pricks killed an innocent person. Kokuen quickly materialized in his hand as he broke his cover and lunged at Ayatane's wires, using his Soul Eater around his sword to sever the wires and free Misaki. "So you did survive..." Ayatane said smiling coldly at Masune as he leaped over the front desk and brought his sword down on Kagutsuchi. Unfortunately, Kagutsuchi managed to dodge the attack and return it by launching a stream of fire aura at Masune, only to have Masune reach out and drain it with his left hand. 

"Hey, Izanami-san" Masune said as he felt the aura he'd just drained strengthen him, and his adrenaline begin to kick in, pushing aside the fear and uncertainty and replacing it with anticipation and confidence. "Sorry to do this to ya, but I'll have to reschedule our Q&A till a time after these assholes are dealt with. Hope you don't mind." Kagutsuchi glared at Masune, but Ayatane merely laughed. He brought the barrel off of his back and placed it on the ground beside him. "Well just don't disappoint me, cur." With that, Ayatane opened the barrel and two small female girls jumped out, landing with their legs to either side and their heads bowed. Both were armed, one with a large mallet, and the other with a large pair of cleavers. Both were dressed in an elegant red and blue dress, and seemed to have blank expressions across their faces. the one armed with the cleavers had blue hair and a long ponytail, and the mallet user had pink pigtails. Their token loli appearance wasn't what disturbed Masune though. What disturbed him was that they seemed to be real girls, or at least they were.

"Do you like my puppets?" Ayatane said as the same wispy aura wires he'd used on Misaki stretched out from his hands and connected to either girls arms, legs and head. The two girls slowly slid to their feet and stared blankly at Masune. "They screamed for hours during their creation, but eventually they just died and allowed me to use their bodies. This is Hinagiku." The girl with the pink pig-tails hefted her mallet and continued to stare blankly at Masune. "And this is Kotonoha" The blue haired puppet crossed her cleavers, and stared with the same emotionless expression.

"You sick twisted little shit..." Masune growled. As Masune feared, those two really were real living breathing human girls at one point. All the more reason for him to beat Ayatane to within an inch of his life. Kagutsuchi summoned a pair of flames to either hand and took a fighting stance. [i]Two against one... Technically three. This isn't going to be easy... But it's doable.[/i]

[b][u]Akane[/u][/b]

[url=http://youtu.be/38jZjs7v7Es]Blazblue - Susanooh[/url]

That was foolish. Izumi telling Akane that Aoi couldn't sense aura had given him an even greater advantage over the two of them. If she couldn't sense aura, then she definitely couldn't detect an Arcana mind hacking her, which meant that Akane was able to easily sift through every memory and every scrap of information that Aoi had in a matter of seconds. [i]Just as I thought. They're with the Kuroshima Clan.[/i] 

Akane meowed softly at the two women, then continued. "No, I'm afraid that I don't have business with you Izumi, or at least I didn't plan to. Keep up that hostile act with me and I might though." By now Izumi had sensed a part of Akane's aura. However, what she could sense was maybe 10% percent that Akane hadn't been hiding for the sake of a sneaky entrance. Well, no point in it now really. [i]If what Luna said is true, then I'd say Muramasa already know's I'm here. Might as well tell the rest of Minato that I'm here too.[/i]

The very air around the three of them shook violently as Akane released another 15% of his aura. A heavy weight began to press on the surrounding area's, and few of the buildings began to shake slightly as Akane's aura rose. Dogs in the nearby housing districts began barking, and a couple of car alarms began to off in the streets below. "To tell the truth, I owe a debt to some old friends, and as such can't allow any harm to befall the boy that you're after. That aside, like I said, firing a missile at a train like that could hurt a whole lotta innocents. That, I cannot allow."

The air was  beginning to settle now, but Akane's aura still remained the same. After all, it wasn't the aura itself causing the tension in the air, but rather the sudden massive increase in it. "Now I don't wanna hurt either you or Aoi, but if you mean to attack then I'm afraid I ain't gonna have a choice."

Ryoko practically had to sprint to keep up with this women "Hey! Wait up! I need to ask you about someone!" Wow, was this woman persistent  If she didn't know any better, she would think that the woman was a demon fleeing from from a young Demon Slayers Guild member. Well, part of it was true. "Come on , lady? What are you so afraid of?" Suddenly, the mysterious woman turned around, and Ryoko collided with her in a huge crash. Pulling herself up from the ground, she noticed that the woman seemed to be under some form of stress. "You ok? That was quite the chase we had there! You sure can run fast!" Ryoko held up a finger to the woman, signaling that she required a moment to catch her breath. "Sorry about that. I am a member of the Demon Slayer's Guild, as you probably guessed. Seichō-kō led me to you, the closest person with a powerful aura. So anyway, do you have any idea who Masune is? I kinda need to kill him..."

"If it is information you require, then I will tell you what I know. Masune the Bloodreaver...he..."

Amaterasu had to be careful which words she would pick and choose. Ever since the massive power spike concerning this girl's aura, more and more thoughts surrounded her mind concerning her position as a Demon Slayer. Amaterasu thought it in her best interests to act as much of a normal human being as possible, while the strange girl examined her closely.

"He's been the..."talk of the town" since this morning. There is a large chance that he would be here in this city. Like most people, you're probably looking for him, however, I can't tell you. My intentions are preoccupied at the moment."

Amaterasu gripped the wound on her wrist, hoping that the girl wouldn't notice as she examined her closely. Amaterasu fidgeted slightly, still feeling tension in the air, no doubt caused by the girl's massive power spike.

"You are special, you know. You have a gift of immense power. With that being said, what do you plan to do once you've claimed Masune's head?"

Amaterasu glared into the girl's ocean-coloured eyes, expecting the most dire response... 

Ryoko could tell that the woman was hiding something, but she was at a loss for what it could possibly be. 'Whatever it is, she seems horrified by me for some reason. Can she see my aura? Even if she could, there really isn't much about it that is terribly impressive.' She listened as the woman gave information, becoming increasingly aware of the fact that she had no intention of telling her anything.  'Is she trying to get him as well? Her aura was certainly strong. If she was going after him, then of course she wouldn't tell me anything... I want to ask, but she seems uncomfortable enough as-is.' As Amaterasu made mention of some sort of "immense power" Ryoko possesed, she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in scrutiny "I... really don't know what I will do. I suppose that I will use the reward to build a life for myself. I mean, it is quite a lot of money, you know. And an immense power? There really isn't much special about me. And how could you tell, anyway? Who are you?" For the first time in the encounter, Ryoko began to question whether this woman was really as simple as she seemed. 'Perhaps she is... a demon? If she is, she is undoubtedly of a very high power,, stronger than me at the very least.' As she analyzed the situation, Ryoko's calm curiosity slowly transformed into pent-up rage. 'Who are you?'

"I'm...uhh...My name is...Ammy."

Amaterasu had no intention of letting the little girl become aware that she was once a powerful Demon in her prime, not when all of the pieces were assembled. With the girl's increasing aggravation came yet another spike in power, as the girl's curiosity vanished into impatience.

"Perhaps you feel it, too? The power you possess? I am able to feel this power, this thing you call "Aura", through intense concentration of the mind. It is...a natural ability of mine. Much like...a psychic, yeah that's it!"

Amaterasu tried her best to act "normal" in front of the woman and not give her identity away. If this girl found out she was a Demon, all of her efforts to track down the Ibaraki-doji clan and eradicate them would be for nothing. She stared at the girl's Caladbolg. She had heard stories and rumours about the Demon Slayer clans acquiring these relics of power and defense known as Caladbolg, and how they were physically attuned to their wielder's spirit. With very little to go on, however, Amaterasu simply dismissed the thought.

"I believe proper conversational protocol dictates that you must tell me your name as well, after I had told you mine."

Amaterasu bowed, and when her face returned upwards, a cute smile creased her lips with her eyes closed. But behind her fake mask laid the sudden power to eradicate this nuisance, this troublesome pest. No, that would come in time...

"There are lots of people going after Masune...the one they call the Bloodreaver. What makes you think you have the power to stand out on top?"

"Ammy?" Ryoko's features calmed slightly, softness returning to her eyes. "I have never heard the name Ammy before. I have heard  Amy, but not Ammy. Is it short for something? In any case, it is a pretty name. And I know what my aura is, but I think you are overestimating my strength. I am nothing special." Ryoko noticed Ammy's eyes staring intently, almost wantingly, at her Caladbolg. "Oh, are you interested in this? Seichō-kō is a flowing sphere. I can use my Hybrid Steel Aura to shape it how I wish." Ryoko would focus her aura through the sphere, causing the liquid once again to seep out through the pores, forming stars, cube, and various other shapes. Ryoko made sure not to do anything too impressive. The more people that were convinced of her inability, the better. After being called out on not having shared her name, she blushed, "Oh, sorry. I am not use to socializing with strangers like this. My name is Ryoko Maeda. Pleased to meet you Ammy." Still getting a strange vibe from the woman, Ryoko decided that she ought to put some distance between them. "I really am sorry, but I have a man to hunt down." Ryoko turned her back to the Demon who called herself Ammy, when she heard the final question. The same question that had been ringing in her head all morning. 'She had a point. I really am not special, how can I compete with everybody else, let alone Masune?!?' For a moment, Ryoko would fall back into her panicked state from before. Her turned back would prevent it from being visible, but if Amaterasu was watching Ryoko's aura at the time, it would be flaring hotter than it had been since they first saw each other. Once again pushing it all inside, Ryoko turned her face half-back toward the demon, winking "I'll figure some thing out. I can be a pretty manipulative b!tch when I need to. I am sure you can relate." Wearing a confident half-smile, Ryoko turned once again and walked past Amaterasu. "I hope to see you again, Ammy!"

Misaki stared blankly at the two men who entered, and immediately sensed their high amount of aura, but kept her face impassive. They walked with a purpose going straight back to the janitor's closet. 

"Wait nobody's allowded... back... there... ... ...crap," Misaki frowned blowing out an exasperated sigh, and when both men started speaking she knew this would probably end in a fight. 

Izanami was also able to tell they were demons, but simply got up and stretched, it had been so long since she'd had somebody to play with.

"Sakura."

"Yes, Mistress." Closing her eyes there was a brief pulse through the room, and everything around them seemed to become much more pale. 

"Feel free to go as hard core as you like now everyone, Sakura has us in a reverse world of sorts, so you know people won't raise eyebrows at all the property damage you cause," Izanami smiled as small black lightening bolts danced across her fingers, "besides I couldn't let all this priceless literature get destroyed." 

Everyone in the shop seemed to remain impassive as the black cord wrapped around Misaki's throat, well all the regular's that is. 

"Gawd, demons are so annoying sometimes," Misaki rolled her eyes, "you know unless demons get kill someone twice I'll have you know I'm a freaking ghost!" Misaki merely sighed as the black cork was released from her throat, and Masune landed next to her. "Don't worry I can take of myself. Izanami-san watches a lot anime, so she wanted me to be her battle maid." From beneath the desk Misaki grabbed two sheaths taking out the swords within and charged at Kagustchi. 

Meanwhile Izanami flipped her hair opening the book she'd been holding since she'd left the shop earlier.

"Shi dear I need a moment," Izanami said before closing her eyes muttering the incantation on the page. As soon as entered the spirit world she sense the tormented spirits of the two girls Ayatane had murdered. While the body's were dead the spirits remained painfully attached to world of the living still wailing in agony. Izanami gritted her teeth, if they didn't destroy the bodies soon, the girl's would become vengeful spirits. 

"Yes, milady." Materializing his scythe Shi charged forward to assist Masune, while also covering Izanami. Sakura remained deep in trance quickly speaking the incantation to keep the reverse world together. Keiko... seemed to have disappeared...

"WIND GOD GIRL!!" The shout was only heard moment before Keiko hurdled through the of shop straight at Ayatane surround by her typhoon aura. At the same Izanami's eyes snapped open, and a sudden dark presence filled the room. 

"Sin Sign: Wrath," summoning the most evil power Izanami gritted her teeth against the sudden large influx of hellish presence entering her body. Summoning on the power of a sin was hard enough, but controlling and aiming it, Izanami was thankful for the years of practice she'd had. From her outstretched had a spell circle appeared from with streaks of black lightening shot from at all four enemies. Abruptly afterword the pentagram closed and Izanami clutched her side as the draining power left her. 

Amaterasu watched intently as Ryoko turned and made on her merry way. When Ryoko was out of sight, Amaterasu sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Uggh, that was terrible of me. I can't believe she fell for such a pathetic act. You'd have to be rock dumb to not be able to see through that....or maybe she did, otherwise she wouldn't have made that last remark. "Manipulative bitch". I'm pretty sure "mastermind" is the word you're looking for...And God, Ammy? What kind of an awful name is that?"

Cursing at herself silently, she looked up to the see the mirage of red and orange dust in the sky slowly fading into a calm aqua and blue, signifying the descent of the sun and the ascension of the moon. Her power would surely wane during this time, and it was best to avoid potential conflict if necessary.

"I think I'll check the town some more. I'll leave the massive circular Aura alone for the time being, and focus on "checking out the sights"."

Amaterasu loosened the grip on her wrist, eventually unwrapping the makeshift bandage she had made and tossed it to the side on the grass. A lazy Amaterasu looked at the "No littering" sign and simply shook her head. The cut she inflicted on her own skin had almost healed, so there was no need to pretend anymore. Sighing, she turned the opposite direction and left the small park, walking along as if nothing happened.

However, Amaterasu couldn't leave that Ryoko girl alone. Someone would have to deal with her, sooner or later. It would be preferable to Amaterasu if she were to join her cause; her power is immense, but unfocused. Blood and rage spoil her mind, but it is not directed at anything. Perhaps Amaterasu could mold that blood and hatred into something of her grand design, and make Ryoko a perfect pawn...or perhaps a loyal knight. So many possibilities ran in her mind that just the mere thought excited her.

"Now then...who else wants to meet me?"

Sarah had sensed a large amount of Aura erupting from a nearby shop so she took her "Game of Tag" near that shop and walked inside, Tanya would be looking around at all the priceless literature while Sarah was bewildered by the fact that she could sense the Aura outbursts, despite not being able to see the fight, It was until a familiar voice rang into Sarah's Head "Srahk, Can you hear me?" Sarah thought she was hearing things, then she remembered that an Arcana can Mindhack others to telepathcally communicate with them, so Sarah thought "I can hear you... What the heck is going on?" "I think it seems to be some sort of reality covering or something similar like the Order Stones we use..." "No, this is not like the Order Stones, I can feel the presence of a battle here, but I can't seem to find the battle..."

Masune Masashira

Kagutsuchi launched a large blast of fire at Masune from behind, which Masune blocked by spinning on his heel and holding out the flat of his sword to shield him from the intensity of the flames. His back now exposed, Ayatane shot Kotonoha at Masune, aiming to decapitate him with he cleavers, but Masune heard the attack, and managed to side step just before Kotonoha's attack landed, causing her to be struck by Kagutsuchi's fire blast. "You hot headed idiot! Careful where you shoot!" Ayatane bellowed at Kagutsuchi, as he was forced to throw Kotonoha's cleavers up as a shield, only barely protecting the girl as he did. Before Kagutsuchi could respond though, Masune charged a mass of darkness to his sword, and readied his attack.

"Chaos Howl!"

Kokuen swung through the air, releasing a large wave of black aura in Kagutsuchi's direction. The fire demon held out his hands, catching the attack before it struck him, and holding it at bay. While he held it, Masune dashed to his side, knowing that Kagutsuchi could no longer block any attack, and was about to cut his side clean open, but Hanagiku interfered by striking at Masune's legs with her mallet. Having been swept from his legs, Masune had now been sent spiraling through the air and was about to be cut by Kotonoha, but before the cleavers fell, Keiko slammed into the puppet, yelling something about a wind girl. As strange and unusual as this was, it gave Masune the time to catch himself with his free hand, and spring off of his hand and land a short distance away.

Seeing Keiko's attack still aiming at him, Ayatane pulled his left hand back, and brought Hinagiku between himself and the bird girl and use her mallet to redirect the attack. He then moved to pull Kotonoha back towards him, for an attack, but the blue haired corpse had been struck by a bolt of lightning before he could. Realizing what had happened, Ayatane quickly set up a defense for Hinagiku, then cut off the strings he'd been creating for her, so that he could slide under the lighting that Izanami had shot at him. Kagutsuchi however, has not so lucky, and had been struck in the face by the black lightning bolt, sending him flying into one of the back walls, leaving a large crater where he landed.

Naturally, Kagutsuchi was now rather irritated. His admittedly foolish plan was not going as he'd expected it to go. After all, who would have expected to be attacked when you threaten a shop full of people who spent most of their lives training to kill the very monsters who'd threatened them? Ayatane on the other hand, was simply waiting and analyzing his enemies. Oh, and when Ayatane dodged his lighting bolt, the stray bolt had struck Kagutsuchi in the chest. So that also didn't help his temper too much.

Ayatane had moved to attack Izanami with Hinagiku now, but the attack was intercepted by Masune, who rather than attacking the girl itself, severed the wires attached to her. Once the puppet fell to her feet, Masune reached back and tossed her behind the shelf. He knew that he'd have to be destroyed eventually, but he could also see that the girl's soul was still attached to the puppet. In his eyes, killing her while under Ayatane's control would be the same thing as murder, and Masune wasn't going to kill a little girl. "I'll make sure you get a proper burial once this is over..." he said quietly to the puppet.

If the loss of a puppet was meant to annoy or otherwise bother Ayatane, he didn't show it. In fact, he was now smiling at Masune as if he was waiting for to lose one of the puppets. He held out the hand that was previously manipulating Hinagiku, and stretched another set of wispy aura wires towards Kotonoha. The girl puppet seemed to soundlessly scream out in pain as the wires connected, but once they'd dug their way through her skin, Masune could sense a massive increase in her power. Behind the puppeteer, Kagutsuchi erupted in a roar of flames and anger. His aura was beginning to fill the room, and the group could sense it rising rapidly.

Fate/Zero - This Battle is to the Strong

"You little fuckers think you can make a joke out of ME!? I'll send you all to fucking hell you insolent little maggots!"

To be fair, you make a joke out of yourself... Ayatane thought as Kagutsuchi lost his temper more and more. Our job was to recon this place, and NOT attack. You put them into a state of offense KNOWING that they'd outnumber and outclass you when you threatened them. This is you're punishment for idiocy. Then Kagutsuchi's skin began to burn off of his body, to be replaced by what looked like blue flames. His eyes, become a pair of burning bright yellow fireballs, and his previous clothes were now gone and replaced by a set of golden plated armor. The hilt of a sword, slowly began to emerge from Kagutsuchi's mid section, and Kagutsuchi roared in triumph as he felt his power continue to rise. He then reached down towards where his stomach was, or would have been in this case, and grasped the sword hilt firmly, removing and producing a long nodachi; but instead of a blade, their were the same hot blue flames that coated Kagutsuchi's body. Now that his transformation had been complete, Kagutsuchi charged at the group fighters. "TRY LAUGHING NOW YOU BASTARDS!!" he yelled as he swung the blade at Keiko, and released a large blast of blue flames at Shi.

Masune stood their staring in fear at what Kagutsuchi had just become. "Wh-what the hell did he do...?" No, now wasn't the time to ask that. He'd have time after he... IF he managed to survive this. Masune lunged forward, attempting to block the attack aimed at Keiko, and succeeded in doing so, but the overwhelming heat and violence of the flames from Kagutsuchi's blade burned and scared Masune's arms as he held the attack at bay. "Go ahead Bloodreaver! Try draining this!" Kagutsuchi yelled as he pushed Masune down to his knee. The new strength that Kagutsuchi had gained was as tremendous as the flames that he began summoning. If Masune tried to parry the attack, their was a high chance he'd just end up dead. Still, their must be something he could try, right?

Not waiting for Kagutsuchi's attack to conclude, Ayatane launched Kotonoha at Misaki, and swung her cleavers towards her throat, aiming to destroy the ghost girl using his aura. Now that he was only controlling Kotonoha, his attacks had become twice as fast, and thrice as deadly. To add to the deadly force, Ayatane had added an ice spell to either cleaver, insuring that Kotonoha's attack, whether blocked or not, would have some sort of effect.

Kagutsuchi's laughter filled the room, along with the heat of his flame body, which was beginning to place a strain on the inverted reality space in which the group was fighting. The flames around his blade began to grow even more advanced now, as Masune's jacket caught fire. Now he had no choice but to attempt to move. Masune reached out, and grabbed Keiko, then rolled to the side, avoiding the bulk of Kagutsuchi's attack, but still being burned by the after flare of the blade striking the ground. Before Masune burning jacket could cause him any harm, he ripped it off and hurled it to the side. The fear he had felt before was returning now; filling his entire being with every passing second. Can we still beat this... thing?

Walking down the street, Ryoko reflected on her recent ancounter with "Ammy" 'Well that was... odd... She most certainly wasn't human. She could see my aura better than I could myself. I will admit it was quite terrifying. I have never met anyone quite like that before.' Smiling grimly to herself, she repeated the last words she said to the demon, "I hope to see you again..." Nonetheless, Ryoko hoped that it would be a while before that happened. She honestly had no idea what she would do if they met again. Would she kill her? Ryoko doubted that she would be capable of such a feat in her current state of distress. 'This woman may be my key to the power I need to destroy those all of the demons. She spoke of some strength within me that I have never even heard of. Of course, she very well may have been lying, just like with her name. You'd have to be rock dumb to come up with a name like that. Hopefully, next time we meet, I am either strong enough to destroy her or appealing enough to join her.' Looking behind her, Ryoko was sure that she had made a good distance from "Ammy" and pulled out Seichō-kō once again, channeling her aura through the Caladbolg to form the compass. This time, the compass did not seem capable of deciding exactly where to point, so she retracted her aura and continued walking down the street. "Maybe I will encounter another lying demon..." Ryoko muttered as she looked back over her shoulder, the paranoia setting in once again...

Ibaraki-doji

"... and of course, the four greatest yokai in Japan aren't exactly the greatest in the world, or at least, no one will really know- Ah!"

Ibaraki-doji bumped into a sizable chest. It belonged to a lady, obviously. The lady's hair was gold, and she had a ponytail. The pint-sized horned girl fell, rump on the floor. "I'm sorry, Onee-chan," she said in a rather cute manner that many could not resist. She wasn't a sex demon, but she had her ways.

Corbeau d'Argent

"Gah, I just know that Ibaraki-chan is hiding something..."

The lady was still wondering. "I think I'll ask around..."

She then found a shop, in which she entered. Looking at the two kids that have recently entered, and looking around to see no one else, she pondered, something is very fishy here... maybe it's something invisible...

She walked forward. Doesn't feel like much.

Just about to say her name, Asuka was rudely interrupted by Hibari, as he saw someone and mumbled something about him knowing about some Masune. They started tailing him on Hibari's command, but the guy suddenly collided with her 'companion' and apologized. He seemed cautious, which wasn't good if they wanted to interrogate him. She started trying to make him relax, so that he would speak more freely.
"No, it's no problem you should excuse my... ahem, brother he's a bit of a klutz! Katsuro, you shouldn't bump into people like that, be more careful!"
Giving people a fake name, and lying that they were siblings wasn't something she hadn't done before.
"And especially not in cute guys like him!" She turned on her erotic tone. "I'm Midori!" She extended her right hand for a handshake, the boy complied and shook her hand.
"Ooh, what a strong grip!" She started lightly squeezing his biceps with her free hand. "I see you workout! Such a hot guy!" she let go of his hand and started touching his body "Mmm, what a nice body! Hope you don't have a girlfriend, because I'm free!" Asuka smiled and winked.

Hibari

‘Did he spot us?!’ Rolling from his second surprise collision of the night, Hibari brought himself to a sliding halt, before summoning Reito no sakura. Hoisting the large blade over his shoulder, he checked his phone to confirm the man’s identity, before giving him a satisfied smirk. “Reven Meria, You’re going to tell us exactly where Mas- huh?.” Hibari cut himself short, as he watched his ‘partner’ introduce them as siblings, before proceeding to flirt with their target.

“…” Standing awkwardly off to the side, Hibari couldn't help but notice that he felt a strange burning sensation in his chest. This wasn't jealousy, was it? "Mmm, what a nice body! Hope you don't have a girlfriend, because I'm free!" 

“…” Gripping his sword extra tight, Hibari was now starring daggers at the other two, as he prayed for Reven to do anything hostile.

Izumi & Aoi

Izumi didn't shift in the slightest at the cat’s obnoxious display of power, instead choosing to roll her eyes in response. “How grossly unnecessary…”  Dropping her innocent act all together, Izumi let the fake smile vanish from her face, leaving only her usually melancholy expression.  “You used Aoi’s name, meaning you’ve invaded her mind. That was also unnecessary; I’ve already acknowledged you’re stronger than us, meaning I would have no choice but to summit, and tell you whatever you wanted to know.”

Aoi instantly took note of her boss’s subtle warning, and began repeating the recipe for Izumi’s favorite drink in her head, an ideal defense of mind hacking.  ‘First start with 3/4  ounces of vodka, then add 1 ounce of coconut milk-‘

Positive the Aoi had understood the message, Izumi continued. “Though I respect a man that repays his debts. The kid’s bounty his too high to pass up, I have nearly a thousand people relying on me, and as the head of Kuroshima clan I can’t just let him go.”

Izumi’s tone was calm and businesslike as she starred down at the cat, her beautiful face giving away nothing about what she was thinking. “I’m a business woman however, so I can assure you that the Kuroshima clan will not involve any civilians in the matter, In exchange for a small piece of information… I want to know why the demon hunter guild placed such a high bounty, on this child."

Reven

Reven had been truly sorry for colliding with the boy at on the roof. He had not expected to run into anyone when he dashed up to the roof. He had attempted to say he was sorry as the man seemed to be readying an attack. Reven was not scared by it he just was not in a fighting mood. He had not expected the girl to take a less violent approach to converse with him. He had accepted her hand shake and was now having his body be touched by her. He still had a serious look on his face as she asked him did he have a girlfriend. He could tell from the way the other guy was looking at them as she was obvious flirting with him. He deiced he needed to at least put a stop to this. He deiced he was going to stop the awkwardness by first stopping the girl from touching him and then saying, " Yea sorry little missy I am spoken for. " He then turned to the boy who had his weapon drawn, " Calm down I am not going to bite and dude your not scary enough to threaten me mister. You need to work on that aura control or your girlfriend here will defiantly leave you." He was attempting to see if he was correct as he closed his eyes to hear what their hearts beats could tell by following their pulse with his ears now that he was away from the noise. He did not know he was letting his aura flow freely again which could cause fear in those around him.

'What...? "Little missy"?' Asuka thought as she got pushed by the boy. She felt herself burning up out of pure anger, but remained cool on the outside.
"Hmm, playing hard to get? Okay, I'll play along!" She smiled and winked again at the boy.

With her hands behind her back, she had summoned Morning Jewel and was ready to copy Hibari's aura and shove a gigantic cone of ice right down the guy's throat. But still keeping her aura low, to an unaggressive level and maintaining a smile. But seeing as how he was testing them, she was strongly hoping Hibari would get pissed off, and attack. But after hearing how he decided to talk down to Hibari, she was sure now he was about to blow.
"Oh! And you, an almighty half-demon possessing the power of parlor tricks and puffs of smoke, do you do kid's parties, because our little cousin's birthday is coming up! And I also see you have a hearing problem, I'll repeat myself. THIS IS MY BROTHER, WE ARE NOT ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED!" She yelled as to humor his attempt at seeming perceptive.
Asuka, losing the ability to maintain her erotic speech, but still smiling and being completely cool.

Archived