Blind Eyes rewrite [PG-16][IC/Started/Still Accepting]

Yosuke-kun

Hibari

“THIS IS MY BROTHER, WE ARE NOT ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED!"

‘Yea… I’m suddenly in the mood, to freeze things.’ At this point, the conversation was only serving to irritate Hibari, so he decided to put an end to it. Using his speed to place himself in between Asuka and Reven, Hibari let loose a blast of cold air to silence them both. “We tried your… Method, so now we do it my way.” As he spoke, the boy let his aura flow freely, which substantially lowered the temperature for those on the rooftop. This display wasn't to be taken as a threat, but a warning, that Hibari was no longer playing games.

“I couldn't care less if you’re not afraid of me, it’s two vs one regardless, and that’s not what I’m here for.” Hibari’s voice bared a frightening resemblance to his sister's, as he settled his gaze on Reven. "You're going to tell us exactly where Masune Masashira is."

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryoko continued to walk down the street, contemplating the question that had been asked of her. 'How am I going to defeat Masune. That woman spoke of an immense power, but I wasn't even able to confront her...' Looking up from the asphalt, Ryoko saw a hauntingly familiar site. In front of her stood an old carnival: run down, but not destroyed. The carnival had been closed for years. Even so, Ryoko could remember when it was still open and accepting tickets. She used to go to this very carnival every summer on a field trip with the orphanage. Those should have been some of her happiest moments, yet she could only remember them with sadness, and with rage. Walking in through the collapsed gate, Ryoko trailed her hand along a metal railing. Her inside were quickly becoming so tumultuous that her aura began to subtly leak out of the tips of her fingers, painting a wispy design of shining steel upon the old, rusted metal. Even so, Ryoko was so consumed in her emotions that she did not notice. Walking up toward the Ferris Wheel, Ryoko surveyed what had once been her favorite ride. Once again, she could feel noting toward this place but anger. All she could do was let out all the rage at once, hurling Seichō-kō at the attraction, realeasing her aura through it so that it reformed into a large spiked ball as it flew through the air. It crashed into the wheel, Ryoko willing her Caladbolg's spikes to extend and grab hold of the ride throughout. Then, in one last scream, Ryoko clenched her fist, releasing hundreds upon thousands of volts of electricity through the wire, into the ball, through the spikes, and creating sparks that could be seen from blocks away as the Ferris Wheel was torn apart by the force. With one tear tear falling from her face onto the ground, Ryoko fainted and collapsed on the park terrace, having channeled far more aura than her body could handle.

Amaterasu felt both a sudden spark in the air, a quick glance of shock, a mild irritation that tingled her skin, and a cold breeze that flitted by her, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, with some mild goosebumps creeping down her arms. A low rumble of the earth soon followed afterward, indicating something cataclysmic must have happened just down the way. Amaterasu was certain that the sound came from behind her, but the cluttering of the skyscraper buildings and tall archways obscured her view. As for the sudden gale of icy, cold wind, it can only be described as someone's aura, of which belonged to a cold, endangering soul. Amaterasu simply shrugged and dismissed the cold, icy wind, but the shock in the air was what concerned Amaterasu the most.

"It seems a lot of people are fighting against each other. Perhaps it's time to sit back and take a break for once...and see how things unfold. But not before settling matters with Ibaraki-doji. After all, without them..."

Amaterasu had started sounding like a broken record. Ibaraki-doji this, Ibaraki-doji that. Was Amaterasu taking things too far? Was her getting involved a misstep in the wrong direction? Regardless of what her mind told her, her body continued to move, unhindered, towards any sign of the Ibaraki-doji clan. Amaterasu could no longer afford any more run-ins; Kagutsuchi, wherever he is, would probably be throwing a fit for Amaterasu stepping out of line so casually, but this was something Amaterasu had to deal with, and it would perhaps be the best course of action for the Ouroboros as a whole.

There were so many beautiful people in this world, like that Ryoko girl. It's a shame to see that Amaterasu would have to say goodbye to them.

'Finally'
Asuka copied Hibari's aura right when he stepped between them and created two large pillars on the right and left of the guy in front of the interrogated, which were curved, so as their sharp ends were directly over his head.
"That ice could break any moment now, so you'd better answer quick, or else I wouldn't be able to do anything about it falling on top of you."
Her voice was quiet and ominous, her smile - a bit devilish.

Reven

Reven was not sure what he was going to have to do if the two of them attacked him. He had never really been a fighter and this was not a great situation for him as the girl continued to claim that her friend was not proving right. He watched as ice was forming on the roof. He deiced that this was a bad sign and all the people around would make it worst. He had not expected for them to get so fired up so fast as he was trapped between two ice pillars formed over his head. He was certain that they were after Masune and he was in a bit of trouble. He figured they knew he was with Masune a while ago but did not know where he was now. He honestly had not been paying attention when they left to where they had headed. He was just going to have to hope they did not want to fight with all the people on the street below. He figured he would have to lie his way out of this, " Alright, Alright, I lost Masune and someone is already on their way to collect on his bounty. The person almost killed me in the process I was just heading home. " He was not sure if they could believe it so he had created a wind tunnel to circle above the roof while putting up his personal shield if they attacked. He just hoped they would by it so the people remained safe. 

Izanami gritted her teeth that the demon had somehow survived not one, but two hits from a Sin! Admittedly the dark arts were not exactly her strong suit, and she was a bit out of practice, so it would probably not have the same destructive force as if it was wielded by its original owners, Lucifer and his Generals. 

"Fine then," Izanami cast the book aside gathering her Death Magus to her. 5 will-o-wisps gathered around Izanami's body before she forced them out splitting them between Kagutsuchi and Ayatane. Thankfully Masune had block an attack Ayatane had sent in her direction, as well as take one of the puppets out of commission. Continually summoning up more will-o-wisps she sent them less to hit the demons, but more to provide a distraction for her allies to strike.  

Misaki meanwhile was forced to deal with Kotonoha who, under Ayatane's control, swung her cleavers rapidly assaulting her spiritual being. She wasn't sure how much longer she could take the assault on her aura. Blocking one cleaver, which sent a shockwave through her whole being, Misaki swung her other sword to sever the strings attached to the girl's right arm, it dropping limply to her side. 

Taking the opening Misaki dropped down and rolled behind Ayatane aiming the butt of her left sword at her ankle while swinging the right one up in an attempt to sever his spine. 

Keiko would have been KFC had it not been for Masune, having been dazed from hitting the puppet so hard Keiko leaned against Masune for a second before getting her bearings, watching as Shi desperately dodged away from the blue flame as it incinerated three bookcases behind it. Keiko saw the reaper duck behind the demolished desk before rolling over swinging his scythe outward causing an arch of blue energy to fly from it. 

Keiko felt Masune grab her from behind, and it one swift movement also discarded his flaming jacket. As soon as she was out of Masune's grip Keiko sprung out past Kagutsuchi leaving a gust of her aura in her wake. She knew the demon was two bright think more with brawn than brains, so if she could distract him... Quickly darting off the floor and walls Keiko blew past Kagutsuchi from all directions, also leaving bursts of aura from each point she pushed off of, attempting to disorient the demon before flying through the whole she had put in the roof. Hopefully this would give Masune a chance, if not well she would continue dive-bombing the demon until his down. 

[b][u]Senzo Muramasa[/u][/b]

"Oh, now that's not true at all."

[url=http://youtu.be/NpmBO9X9v5c]Blazblue - Glutony Fang II[/url]

A snake shaped chain and blade struck the ground at Hibari's feet, and Muramasa came zooming in to land before Hibari, crouching slightly as he did. He was dressed in his usual kimono and hooded cloak, so most of his face and eyes had been obscured, but his sinister snakey smile was more than visible to the gathered group. As he stood, the image of the chain he'd pulled himself down on wavered, and then disappeared. It was only aura anyways. Not like it was gonna stay there all day. Unless Muramasa had wanted it to do that, but currently, well that'd be a waste.

Now standing at his full height he glanced between the two groups getting ready to kill each other. The scene alone was enough entertainment for Muramasa as it was, but it was missing a little... something; and Muramasa was not the type of man to leave a drama like this lacking. Not when he himself could drag out the emotion and put each fighter at their full potential. Now all he needed to decide was whether he wanted to join in on the battle, or watch as these kids tear the man apart.

"Who are you?" he quickly said as each of the gathered people simultaneously asked the same question. A laugh that sounded more like a hiss escaped Muramasa's breathe. "Oh come one. Couldn't you ask a less predictable question? Though I will give you all points for harmonizing there. Very well done."  He could tell that none of them had grasped the situation they'd been left in now, and that gave Muramasa the advantage here. People were easier to manipulate when they didn't know what was going on. So, turning to Hibari, Muramasa made his decision on the outcome he wanted.

"Who I am isn't important. Right now it isn't important. Perhaps if you live long enough, it might be, but who really cares right now? Not when Izumi is getting so close to Bloodreaver; and this guy here? Well, I personally saw him let Bloodreaver go. Right now, he's in a bookstore in Shibuya. You'll know the one when you see it. As for you little miss hormones."

Now Muramasa spoke directly to Asuka, seemingly looking past Hibari. Oh, so many things he could do here. The hard part was picking just one of them, as each of them would result in some form of fun for him, and none would directly affect the plan. [i]Hmmmmm might as well aim her with Hibari here...[/i] "You wanna see which of the two out of Bloodreaver and Frosty here are stronger don't you? After all, you DO want to have the strongest bf with the coolest aura to copy, isn't that right? Well, even if it's not, you'll find ol' Masu has a pretty interesting aura indeed."

Now for Reven. How should he handle him? Of course Muramasa could just kill him and be done with it he honestly no longer needed him, but why throw change the channel when the program was still entertaining? Besides, Muramasa needed a bit of a warm up anyways. It'd been too long since he'd fought a real battle, and his muscles were beginning to get limp. Well, whatever muscle he had was getting limp anyways. "I'll make you a deal smokes." he said after the two kids had left. "If you can land three hits on me -hell make it one hit- I'll tell you where to find your waifu" With that, Muramasa whipped out Yamato no Kiba, and readied himself to fight. However, he made sure to keep his aura at an undetectable level, so as not to be sensed by any unwanted visitors.

[b][u]Akane[/u][/b]

Akane gave a small laugh as Aoi started to recite the ingredients of a drink. "Ain't no need for that missy. I got what I needed to anyways. As for the little display of power there, I wanted to be sure we had an understanding." Izumi continued, making it clear that she wasn't going to stop her pursuit of Masune. Well, that'd likely mean that her and Akane would eventually cross blades with her in the near future. While most people would have thought it easier to simply kill Izumi now and save themselves the effort, Akane knew otherwise. [i]If she dies now, that brother of hers will likely be more damaged than she would. [/i] he thought as he continued to analyze the situation he was now in.

Izumi's offer had been the next thing to catch Akane's interest. It wouldn't stop her from pursuing Masune, but at the very least it might keep the death ratio to a minimum. Of course he had no guarantee that Izumi would keep her word after all, but there was no harm in trying to reach a peaceful end to things. "Well to be completely honest, I don't rightly know that myself." he answered as he raised a paw and began to clean his ears. He wasn't lying either. Luna hadn't mentioned why the Guild suddenly wanted Masune dead, although Akane had a pretty good idea of the answer. "If I had to guess, then I'd say that stuff about him destroying the military bases was a lie. No, I think that all it really is is that Masune did something he wasn't meant to and scared the hell outta the council. For that little act of rebellion, whatever it may be, the council wants him dead. Can't exactly say that's fact, but if the council's still the same gathering of calculating ass holes as it was before, then I'd say that it's as close to the truth as either of us'll get."

[b][u]Lunalescia[/u][/b]

[url=http://youtu.be/VCJ0iM_gJSA]Blazblue - Pinky Promise[/url]

High above the skies of Tokyo, high enough so that perhaps only planes could see this, a rather interesting phenomena was occurring. An elegantly designed French dining set was hovering nonchalantly perhaps thousands of feet in the air.How this was happening, well, one could only describe it by using the phrases 'witch', 'bent reality', and 'evening tea'. That was perhaps the only way to describe this occurrence, as that is exactly what it was. The Eternity Witch, Lunalescia, was enjoying her evening tea by bending reality to make her table set float above Tokyo. Why? Well for the view of course. Being the Eternity Witch, Lunalescia had wanted to view all of the interesting goings on of Tokyo, as well as to watch and pray that Akane, Masune, Izanami, and all others involved in the events that were occurring were able to reverse the flow and come out with a desirable ending to the tale.

She took a sip of her tea, then watched as Izanami dragged the group to her shop. Of course they would merely have time for some comic relief and slight back story before Ayatane and Kagutsuchi arrived, but at least here they would be safer than elsewhere. A small sigh escaped Lunalescia's breathe as she closed her eyes and set her tea aside. [i]So many negative outcomes. So many endings soaked in blood. I grow rather tired of it all. I've seen more bloodshed in my many lifetimes than I'd care to remember.[/i] A breeze of wind brushed her perfect bangs to the side, as Luna opened her eyes and stared down at the city. It really was rather beautiful, and it would be a real shame to lose it in the coming days. Another sigh was let out, and Luna finished her tea. 

"Umi." she said casually as her blue haired servant appeared before her. "Yeas milady." Luna stood, or rather floated, and the dining set disappeared. "I have finished my tea, and now would like you to-" her words were interrupted however. An explosion? Why didn't she see this one either? It was the same as when Masune had escaped Hell. Despite Luna being the Guardian of the Continuum as well as the Eternity Witch, she had not seen this event at all. How curious. She simply had to inspect it now. "As I was saying, I'd like you to prepare my bed for when I return. I shant be long, but should you sense any disturbance befall me, cease any task and come at once. I expect I may need your assistance in what I am about to do." Umi nodded, and told her mistress to be careful, before disappearing with a whoosh of rose petals.

Luna followed suit, waving her hand across her body and vanishing with the same rush of rose petal. Moments later, Luna had appeared in the run down carnival from whence the explosion had come from. As the ferris wheel fell from it's position, Luna yawned and waved her hand, once again bending reality and returning it to it's perch. Now that the smoke had cleared, Luna could clearly make out the shape of an unconscious girl laying directly where the ferris wheel would have landed. [i]Curiouser and curiouser. I had been expecting something larger.[/i] Luna said as she approached the unconscious child. [i]In more ways than one...[/i] She added, noting the lack of breast development that the girl had. 

Clearly it was this child who'd caused the ferris wheel to collapse, but who was she? More importantly, why didn't Luna see her in relation to the events occuring until now? In any case, she would have to at least answer for the ferris wheel collapsing, and the resulting layer of dust that Luna had just noticed had collected on her face and dress. Luna waved a hand, and two things happened. First, the dust coat that had been covering her had disappeared, leaving Luna as clean and well trimmed as she had been before her arrival. Second, a large black fish shaped fire hydrant had appeared to the side of Luna.

"You. Wake up you  silly girl." Luna said as she waved her hand once more and fired a jet of cold water at the sleeping child.

[b][u]Helena Peaceflare[/u][/b]

Gunjo swung his zanbato at JADE, only to have it dodge by the android once again as Peaceflare sent another stream of aura to her. A small bead of sweat was now forming on Peaceflares forehead, as she noted that she was using a good deal of aura commanding JADE. [i]Not like I can't say it isn't fun, but I am going to need to start conserving it.[/i] Another attack came from Gunjo, and this time JADE flipped over the attack on her own, landing on the large sword before using her jets to propel her knee into Gunjo's chin, causing him to spit out a glob of blood. JADE then followed by leaping over Gunjo's head, and cutting him down the back with her arm blade.

The demon let out a cry of pain, and spun around to attack JADE. Once his back had been exposed, Peaceflare pulled out her M9 and began to fire at the demon's blind spot. The bullets whizzed through the air and struck the demon in the shoulders, ripping through it's flesh and embedding themselves in his bones. He let another cry of pain, before lunging at Peaceflare, raising the sword high in the air. Peaceflare sent a stream of aura to JADE, telling her to attack Gunjo's arms before his attack could land, and in the blink of an eye, JADE sliced one of Gunjo's arms off, leaving him to slam into the chopper behind Peaceflare. Not letting up her attack, JADE stood between Peaceflare and the chopper, then released a stream of gunfire at both Gunjo and the chopper.

As the bullets continued to strike Gunjo and the chopper, the outside armoring of the chopper bent and ripped, until finally the mechanics were exposed. Peaceflare pulled out another lollipop, and began sucking on the sweet cherry candy as she watched her creation assail the demon. Finally, after what seemed like minutes, but in reality had merely been a few seconds, the chopper, along with Gunjo, had exploded from the amount of damage it had taken. Metal shrapnel was launched into the air, and flames burst from the now decimated chopper. Naturally, as Peaceflare had invented them, they were piloted automatically, so there was no harm done to anyone driving the chopper.

However, despite having just been in the core of an explosion, Gunjo survived. Realising that his allies were quickly falling, the demon made a loud roar to signal their retreat. He gave JADE one last look, then leaped off the building, landing on one of the lower rooftops. "Activating pursuit mode." JADE began, but Peaceflare cut her off. "No need. You stay here for now. Kaguya! Meria! I want you two on Gunjo!"

Sarah had immediately senses a large amount of Aura in a single spot and started to grin as she wandered towards where the energy came from, and held her hand forward to summon her Caladbolg when [acronym='Corbeau d'Argent']she unknowingly bumped into a woman[/acronym], knocking herself off balance and causing her to land on her rump with an "OOF!", Which upon hearing, Tanya raced towards Sarah, but Sarah got herself up and said while frowning "I'm very sorry about that Miss, I wasn't seeing where I was going". Sarah then Deeply focused on the Aura surges around her, trying to identify their form and hopefully mimic it, as she knew it was some sort of Obfuscating Aura, and likely served a similar purpose as Vaeskyrn's Order Stones back in her throne room.

Ryoko was being chased. There was nowhere for her to go but forward. She dodged branches and tree stumps, but made no headway against them. They were right behind her, catching her jacket with their claws. She could feel their breath on the back of her neck. If they had the chance, they would rip her to pieces, if not worse. Beginning to become dizzy, Ryoko felt as if she could not run for much longer. Her vision began to fade, and the sounds around her faded until the only thing left that she was aware of was that she was running, and that if she stopped running, she would not be able to survive. This was the way it had always been for her. Blindly running from who knows what. Out of nowhere, her foot caught on a root, or was it a crack in the road? Ryoko no longer was aware of where she could be. She plummeted downward, feeling nothing but vertigo, when she splashed down into water. Pulling herself up, she opened her eyes, finding herself indeed soaked in water, but nowhere near the forest. Yet again, she was in the carnival, though she could not remember the events that proceeded. Looking forward, she saw a small girl and a fire hydrant. Glancing about, she realized that the girl seemed to be alone. "Oh, hello there. What is your name? Are your parents around?"

[b][u]Lunalescia[/u][/b]

Luna wrinkled her brow as the girl awoke from her unconscious state. That aside, the girl was glancing around as if completely unaware of what had happened before passing out. This wasn't something Luna hadn't expected, as the Continuum seemed fond of erasing memories after events such as this, but it did irritate her a little; and questioning the girl would only be that much more difficult now. She waved her hand once more and the fire hydrant disappeared. Once it had, Luna smiled softly at the girl. "My, my. It appears that you have no idea what's going on or even where you are." 

The soft taping of Luna's hitop buckle boots echoed through the night as she approached the mysterious pink haired girl as she tried to piece together how Luna had summoned and desummoned a fire hydrant. "As for my parents, they died a long time ago. As for my most recent parents, mmmm... I expect they'll be somewhere in England at this time. Though it has been quite some time since I have seen them. Twelve years to be exact." The witch then waved her wand, summoning a rather comfy looking black arm chair out of thin air, and plopped herself within, fixing a few of the folds she'd made in her dress, and pulling her hair aside so as no to sit in it. The scent of roses and tulips filled the air around Luna as she sat. She could tell that this was going to take a while.

"Do not be alarmed. I am not here to fight you, nor do intend to become your enemy." she said as she yawned once more, Now that she was settld, Luna summoned her favorite French dining set, as well as two cups of tea and all the trimmings to accompany it. Once everything, was in place, Luna beckoned for the pink haired girl to take a seat and offered her some tea. "I am not surprised that you do not know of me. Very few are privy to the knowledge of my existence. My name is Lunalescia, the Eternity Witch. You may address me as your highness. Now, tell me. Who are you?" 

Ryoko watched the young girl, who had the mannerisms of one much older, wave away the fire hydrant without expending much of any effort. "Witch..." Ryoko hissed under her breath. She grabbed hold of Seichō-kō, preparing for an offensive move, but as she charged her Caladbolg with electricity using her lightning aura, her soaking body conducted the energy, causing her shock herself in her already weak state. Stumbling back onto her knees in pain, Ryoko realized that she was currently in no condition to fight. In most situations she could just shrug off the result of her own lightning aura, but she was just too shook up from recent events. Ryoko stared as the young witch grimly recollected on her own existence, and was shocked to hear that the visitor had no interest in hurting her. "Sorry, but I really am not one for titles. I think I will stick with Lunalescia. As for me, my given name is Ryoko, and my surname doesn't matter. Now I have a question for you. Why am I here, and why can I hardly muster the strength to move? Did you do this to me?"

Ibaraki-doji

"... and of course, the four greatest yokai in Japan aren't exactly the greatest in the world, or at least, no one will really know- Ah!"

Ibaraki-doji bumped into a sizable chest. It belonged to a lady, obviously. The lady's hair was gold, and she had a ponytail. The pint-sized horned girl fell, rump on the floor. "I'm sorry, Onee-chan," she said in a rather cute manner that many could not resist. She wasn't a sex demon, but she had her ways.

Amaterasu felt the sting of the electricity in the air leave, but yet, something still remained. She looked up towards the sky and noticed that her power was significantly decreasing, and that her movements were becoming more and more sluggish, eventually shifting her fast walking to a more casual, slow, stepping. Not paying attention to where Amaterasu was going, she collided head-first into a small horned-demon. The horned girl fell straight onto her butt, and she had a high-pitched voice that Amaterasu found extremely annoying.

Upon closer inspection, the horns on her head were a symbol of the ones Amaterasu was actively chasing. Without a second thought, Amaterasu reached for her back pocket and quickly pulled out the small dagger, pinning the girl down with a hand on her throat.

"You...you're Ibaraki-doji...aren't you?"

The moment Ayatane and Kagutsuchi intruded, Daiki yelled a bit as he fell over, hitting his head against an inconvenient bookshelf...temporarily knocking him out, leaving the others to fight.

~A few moments later!~

Daiki finally awoken, unfortunately to Kagutsuchi's horrid transformation. "Yikes! What a way to wake up!" he said, quickly standing up, seeing the room now covered in fire...wait...FIRE!!! A small smirk shown across Takeda's face, as he summoned forth his Caladbolg: Gin no Hono. "Masune-san! Stand back...I got this!"

Ao no Exorcist Op. 2 Instrumental

Within moments, Daiki utilized his Fire Aure, which was given an extra boost, thanks to Kagutsuchi. Once he began, ten Will-O-Wisps began to dance around him. "Gotta thank you, scary guy, for helping me out with all the fire!" Daiki thanked the demon, as he held up his katana, letting the Will-O-Wisps fall into the blade, having it burn with a beautiful flame. With that, he rushed towards Kagutsuchi, dodging the attacks he sent, as he then began to send an assault against the demon, slashing him with his blazing blade non-stop. It may not do anything to him...but, with this...it may slow him down enough for me to use either Yin Style or Yang Style... Daiki thought, smirking widely.

Hilda

Hilda had been holding off the demons from joining the one that had already been on the roof. She was not having a problem holding them off as she seemed to have been not wasting a shot taking them down. She could see as the numbers of the demons were falling. She knew that even demons could not keep up an attack like this with their numbers falling fast. She just need to keep them from breaching the perimeter. She could see out of the corner of her eye Helena's robot fighting the big one and winning. She had to remain focused though as she looked back and saw as the demons were starting to retreat. She even shot but missed the leader as he ran. She was upset but she was soon ordered to follow. She got more ammo from one of the soldiers that was staying back and preceded to follow the demons to make sure not lose their tracks waiting till she could get a shot on the leader.

Reven

Reven had hoped that his lie was going to work but that plan quickly died as a man appeared on the roof and told the other two where they could find Masune. Reven could swear that this was going to end bad for him he had not expected for the man to simply test his skill as a warrior. Reven was just shocked that he had not heard this man coming up on their location. Reven had planned to dash away from the man until he mentioned info on his wife. Reven knew that he was not going to get another source he had to play by this mans rules for a second to get what he wanted to know. Reven quickly dashed pass the man and landed behind him as he threw down his left hand to call down the wind tunnel that was in the sky that would surly weaken the building that they were fighting on and if the fight went for to long there would be no more building if Reven keep up the assault as he waved his arm in order to get the wind tunnel to repeatedly strike the one position. He stoped when he thought he had done enough not to try and kill the man who aura was almost undetectable. Reven left up his personal shield just increase the man had blocked the attack. 

[b][u]Masune, Marta, Kagutsuchi, and Ayatane[/u][/b]

Kagutsuchi's mad assault continued despite the efforts made against him. With every new flame that appeared, his power seemed to grow; as if he were feeding off of the heat that he was producing. The shop was quickly becoming an uncontrollable wild fire, threatening to break the reality warped area and expand into the real world, burning all in it's wake.

This was the origin of Kagutsuchi after all. Since birth, he was an untamed blaze that could not be stopped, not be contained, and incinerated all in his path. Even his own mother had been burned to ash at Kagutsuchi's birth leading his father to morph him into a weapon of unimaginable devastation. This weapon was now Muramasa's to command and control as he saw fit. The way Kagutsuchi saw it, this battle was just another excuse for him to burn the world to ash. These pathetic little reapers and demons couldn't stop him, and the amateur Demon Slayer stood no better a chance.

A black wave of aura struck Kagutsuchi square in the chest, causing him to stumble slightly and burn another bookshelf. Somehow, by sheer force of will alone, Masune was ignoring the burns across his arms and had managed to release another Chaos Howl at Kagutsuchi. The demon was about to respond with violence, when he was struck by the bird was again. Then again. Then again. Several times over, keeping the inferno's attention away from the others and giving Shi enough of an opening to land an attack on Kagutsuchi. As he readied his blade to assault the reaper, Masune plunged his sword into Kagutsuchi's chest, cutting straight the monsters chest plate. Kagutsuchi laughed at the attempt, then delivered a hammering blow to Masune, launching him back several feet, and igniting his shirt. "What kind of dumbass are you, maggot?" the fire demon asked as Masune removed the shirt that was now nothing more than a fireball and tossed it to the side. At least this way Masune could handle the heat better. "What did you think you'd accomplish by stabbing fire!?"

Another blast of heat was launched in Masune's direction, which Masune countered by throwing a Chaos Howl at to cancel out the attack. Once the two forces met, a large explosion burst forth, giving Masune the opening he needed. [i]You're the dumbass.[/i] Masune thought as he some of his burns began to heal slowly. What Kagutsuchi hadn't noticed, was that Masune had coated his sword in his Soul Eater, and thus managed to drain a bit of Kagutsuchi's aura, as well as determine that his the source of the flames he produced WAS in fact aura. Meaning that, even if Kagutsuchi didn't know it, Masune could drain his power through his attacks, provided he could make some form of contact with the source of the flames. As  far as Masune cared, losing a shirt and providing a bit of man-service was well worth the info.

However, even if he determined a method of fighting Kagutsuchi, he still had no clue how to handle Ayatane. Anything short of severing the wires that connected to the puppets there was no way Masune could think of that might work; and even then, Ayatane would just reattach the strings like he did when Misaki severed them. That made an opening at least, and Misaki took the chance to attack Ayatane. However, as usual, the puppet master was full of all kinds of tricks.

As Misaki struck his ankle, Ayatane fell to the side, only to send the wires connecting from his right hand to Kotonoha over to his left hand, and draw out an aikuchi, which he used to block the attack against his spine. Now Misaki was left open for Kotonoha to finish her off. Masune was about to move to stop the attack, but Kagutsuchi saw his move a moment too soon, and sent a wave of flames at Masune to halt his attack. "Not planning on letting me go huh?..." Masune muttered in irritation and desperation.

All the while, Marta hide herself in the back room, too scared by the knowledge that these monsters were after her to make a move of any kind. [i]Why are... why are they after me?[/i] she kept thinking while the fighting commenced. However, she was knocked out of her thoughts as she saw a stray blast of flames coming towards Sakura. Instinctively, Marta threw up a Space Gate between the flames and Sakura, doing her best to make it appear as if Sakura herself had redirected the flames. She wasn't sure where the flames had landed, but it was better than allowing her friend to be incinerated. Especially when said friend was only barely managing to contain the blaze that Kagutsuchi was forming.

Tears tugged at Marta's eyes as she fought to keep herself hidden. [i]No, this isn't right! It's me they want, so I should just turn myself over! If I do... if I do then...[/i] 

"Masune-san! Stand back...I got this!"

Marta's thoughts were interrupted as Daiki got to his feet and summoned his Caladbolg. The confident smile he had seemed to both ease, and expand the tension that Marta was feeling. [i]No, please! Not you too![/i] Marta thought as she started to crawl towards Daiki. Before she could reach him though, Daiki began his attack.

[url=http://youtu.be/6chCFJ-0_jQ]Mondaiji-tachi - Beauty as the Beast[/url]

If Masune was feeling any of the tension Marta had been feeling, he definitely didn't show it. In fact, despite his seeming to only barely hold off Kagutsuchi's assault, Marta couldn't help but notice the confident smile Masune now wore. "Finally awake huh? Right then, I'll leave you to take this asshole!" With that, Masune stepped to the side, letting Kagutsuchi's blade slide off the edge of his sword, and lunged towards Kotonoha. Kagutsuchi moved to stop Masune from attacking, but was halted when Daiki's blade cut through the break that Masune had made in his armor. Whether it was out of confusion or arrogance was unclear, but as Daiki attacked, Kagutsuchi began laughing.

"What don't you kids understand about attacking a FIRE demon!? Normal attacks won't work, augment them with flames, and you only serve to make me stronger!" But what Kagutsuchi didn't know was that Daichi had more than just fire in his arsenal. That was what made Daiki the best suited for battling an arrogant flame user like Kagutsuchi. All Daiki had to do was get a bit of his aura in Kagutsuchi's source, and the battle would be over. Even a fire demon wouldn't be able to withstand an attack on their core, whether it was used with flames or not.

Masune left that to Daiki though, somehow knowing that he'd get the answer he needed, and instead focused his attacks on Ayatane. He first struck the cleaver's Kotonoha wielded from bellow, launching them into the air, and thus leaving her attack on Misaki to end harmlessly, then reached out, with his left hand, coating his arm in his Soul Eater, and grasped the strings that connected Kotonoha and Ayatane. That kept Ayatane from detaching the strings from Kotonoha. This was followed up by Masune pulling the strings, and subsequently Ayatane and Kotonoha, back, leaving Misaki in no danger. As Ayatane drew closer, Masune readied his blade, aiming to sever not the strings, but Ayatane's arm. Reading this movement, Ayatane quickly blocked, the attack and slid behind Masune. [i]Clever strategy boy...[/i] Ayatane thought quickly noticing that they were losing more and more of the small advantage they had.

Not waiting for Ayatane to counter Masune's attack, Masune spun on his heels, whipping the puppet along as he did, and slammed the puppet into the back of the armor Kagutsuchi was wearing, causing Kagutsuchi to stumble forward and deepen Daiki's attack. Once Masune's sneek attack hand landed, he severed the strings connected to Kotonoha, and charged as much aura as he could into Kokuen and turned towards Ayatane. "We're done... CHAOS HOWL!" 

Masune swung Kokuen overhead through the air, bringing it down with all the might he could still muster, and released a massive wave of black aura. The loud howling sound emitted by the attack quickly overpowered the roaring flames that Kagutsuchi had started, and the force alone managed to extinguish any over the flames that Masune's attack passed. Knowing Ayatane could not possibly hope to block this without his puppets, he jumped to the side, managing to take minimal damage, but still suffering a large gash across his left arm in the process.

[b][u]Lunalescia[/u][/b]

"You seem to have mistaken me for a flying on broom eating children witch. Now tell me, do I look the sort to eat children?" Luna said as the ditsy girl before her had shocked herself. Clearly she lacked the good sense not to use electricity in the presence of that much water; especially when it's covering you. More over, she was lacking in the manners needed to accept the offer of tea that Luna had made her. So, Luna waved her hand again, and the chair that had been waiting patiently for the girl to sit in it took matters into its own hands, and scooped the girl up, stopping just short of the dining set.

"I'll say it again, since you seemed to have not grasped it the first time, but I mean you no harm. I rather doubt that you'd even still be here if I had." she continued as the girl wearily came to her senses. "Oh, so your name is Ryoko? It seems you do have something of a brain after all." Most who had not known Luna, meaning essentially everyone, would have thought her to be a spoiled brat at this point. This however, was not the case. The fact that she had been insulting Ryoko meant, if anything, that she interested Luna.

However interesting Luna may have found her though, she could not help but become irked at the girls questions. Of course Luna hadn't done anything to her. What part of 'I mean you no harm' confused this girl to such an extent? No, Luna would not even privilege that question with an answer. The other however..

"I should ask you the same. What are you doing here? I merely found you this way, and decided to help out of the kindness of my heart." That was a lie. Luna only bothered to show up because it interested her that she did not see the explosion at the carnival being caused. "As for why you feel so fatigued, I would expect you did that yourself, both before and after your mistake with the lightning. I simply arrived because I saw the explosion and grew curious. All I can tell you is that we ar in Tokyo."

Then Luna paused to take a sip of her tea, as well as survey the dining arrangement she'd set up. Fiddlesticks. She'd forgotten the cookies again. That was Luna's favorite part of the dining arrangement, and yet somehow she always managed to forget it. With a slight crease in her otherwise perfect brow, she waved her hands and produced a large plate of sugar cookies to go along with their tea. Luna then reached out and took one of the cookies, awaiting her guests response as she nibbled it.

Hibari

“Izumi…” Hibari’s Aura spiked violently at the very mention of his sister, and he could already sense Reito no sakura attempting take control of his emotional state. The sword’s broken whispers seemed to echo in the back of the boy’s very being, coaxing him. The blade wanted to be let loose.

“Our sisters…. Now is the time… I’ll freeze everything… Only… give yourself to me…”

Upon reaching its second form, Reito no sakura had been periodically attempting to communicate with its wielder. At first it’s harsh whispers went unnoticed among Hibari’s own thoughts, but as the years went by; it began to take on the voice of a woman, who's melodic tone was almost soothing. 

Tightening his grip around his sword, Hibari glanced at his ‘partner’ before shooting off towards Shibuya. He could sense the snake man’s intentions were completely malicious, but Hibari couldn't risk losing his only sure fire way to find Izumi. Clearing another rooftop, the boy began to sense a fiery aura, that could only belong to a powerful demon; it was faint, but growing rapidly. Using that aura as a guide, Hibari increased his speed, unaware that his own aura had begun to resemble a blizzard, traveling across the city.

“Yes… follow the flame…”

‘Shut up.’

Izumi & Aoi

Izumi simply nodded at the cat’s response; he appeared to be telling the truth, but even then, the information was vague... “Very well, I’ll be sure to honor my part of our agreement.” Before Izumi could say anything else, she wrinkled her nose, as if she caught the scent of something foul. "..."

Taking notice of this, Aoi let out a light chuckle. "That look could only mean one thing... Little Hibari most be close by~" Holding no ill will against Hibari herself, Aoi always found the way Izumi reacted to his aura, very amusing. "His Aura can't be that bad, can it?"

"The little runt's spreading the stuff all around Shibuya..." Izumi grunted in disgust, before looking back at the cat. "We'll be taking our leave now. Aoi come." With that, Izumi exhaled a cloud of murky green smoke, before the pair vanished into the night. In their place was a gift from Aoi, her personal business card. 

Ryoko could hardly believe that she was being told off by a witch. 'Is she serious? What explosion? This place looks fine... Oh well. This girl is officially cray. In any case, she seems to be extremely powerful, and even if she wasn't, I can hardly move as is, so my best bet is probably going to be to play along.' Ryoko felt defeated in a situation in which she was forced to negotiate with a witch, but her hands were tied.

Ryoko looked up at the girl, a small amount of scorn still in her eyes. "To be completely honest, I do not completely know why I am here. Last I remember, I was out on the street, looking for Masune the Bloodreaver. I remember speaking to somebody. I do not completely know who she was, but she had greater aura than anyone else in the area, and she called herself Ammy.Remembering the malicious vibe that 'Ammy' had about her, Ryoko began to wonder if she was responsible for what happened. Although Ryoko was fully consious at this point, she was too weak to do much of anything.

"Speaking of Masune... Do you know where he might be? You seem to be the sort to know things most others don't, and I will consider it a personal favor if you informed me on his whereabouts..." Ryoko had to force out these final words, "your highness..." Ryoko looked up at the young girl with a sincere expression that was a combination of need, anger, concern, and sorrow.

Asuka felt her body weaken, from maintaining the copy aura for so long, her mind was also having trouble keeping up, after being poisoned with what the strange man said about her.
'Is that really how I look to people? Is that my actual goal, but it's just eluded my consciousness? What would Hibari think now?'
She turned to look at her companion, but he had already stormed off for the second time, leaving only traces of the excess aura he was spewing all over.
"WILL YOU STOP DOING THAT?!" She yelled and started chasing after him.
Hibari finally stopped, for no obvious reason. Asuka was just catching up, when her body turned itself off, and she fell unconscious.

[b][u]Senzo Muramasa[/u][/b]

That did the trick. Mention Izumi and Hibari's very blood freezes. Hell, it was almost too easy with these mooks. Of course that was the whole plan anyways, and of course Muramasa had known that this would be Hibari's reaction. And the girl? Come on. She'd go wherever the best looking dude was. In any case, now that the two had gone, the stage been set for the battle to ensue. Finally, Muramasa would have some kind of entertainment, right? "Well, you make the first move. I screwed up your plans after all."

And so Reven did, leading off with his Wind Tunnel to attack Muramasa. Muramasa simply sighed as he watched the winds spiral around him, similar to the movements of a snake. Once he was sure enough dust had gathered, and just before the Wind Tunnel began to attack, Muramasa summoned his black and green Poison aura in several snake shapes, using each of them to deflect the attacks Reven made against him almost effortlessly. [i]Well that was boring...[/i] Muramasa thought once the attack subsided. Because of the dust cloud created by Reven's own attack, Muramasa was able to completely mask the fact that he'd completely blocked every attack. More than that, he knew exactly where each attack would fall.

Still using the dust as cover and keeping his aura at roughly the same level as before, Muramasa launched an Orochiken out towards Reven, clamping itself onto his shield rather than Revn or the space around Reven. Now that his attack was secured, Muramasa hauled himself forward via the snake chain, and flew over Reven. Not at him, over him, using Yamato no Kiba to leave a small cut across Reven's cheek. Though he doubted Reven knew, he was not going to slowly start to weaken because of that cut. Now that his spiral past Reven was complete, Muramasa launched two more Orochiken into the ground outside either one of Reven's feet, then pulled himself towards Reven, adding a spin to his attack, and drilling his foot into Reven's back.

"Come now. You need to do better than that if you wanna land a blow on me!" Muramasa taunted as he fire another Orochiken, this one aiming for Reven's shoulder. "What would waifu think if she saw you like this, huh?

[b][u]Akane[/u][/b]

Akane smiled his feline smile back at Izumi as she confirmed that she would not involve any citizens in her hunt for Masune. That much was good at least. He'd have to leave Masune to handle himself for the most part, but that shouldn't be too hard for him to do, right? After all, Masune was a Masashira; and Akane knew as well as most people that no Masashira should be taken lightly.

After a soft meow, Akane began to speak once more. "I'd expect nothing less from a Kuroshima. You have both my thanks and my apologies. I really do wish I could tell ya something that'd turn ya away from this bounty, but sadly I don't see that happening." That's when Akane began to feel the cold chill of Hibari's aura graze past his nose and tickle at his fur. Of course, as it was December, this would be mistaken by the humans as just another cold front, but to anything that could sense aura, well that'd be a different story. [i]Kid's most likely after Masune right now... Doubt there's much I can do to stop him, but...[/i]

Izumi and Aoi had vanished a few moments later, leaving the cat in solitude for the time being. [i]I could go after Hibari... but until he at least has a chance to fight Izumi, nothing I say is gonna help him. Not one bit...[/i] Akane sighed staring up at the stars. Once again, he was forced to both remain neutral and act if he wanted to save someone.

[i]Kikyo... I am doing the right thing, aren't I?[/i] he silently asked. Of course, he knew that no answer would come, but it had become a habit of his to ask during times like this. [i]Hell, what would you have done Yurato? You always had a way of swaying peoples hearts when they needed you to. I seem to have lost that ability over time. Or perhaps I handed it down to you.[/i] Again let out another sigh, then took off through the city. This time towards Shinjuku.

[b][u]Lunalescia[/u][/b]

Luna took another nip at the cookie, then set it aside to sip her tea. All the while, she was listening intently to Ryoko speak. "I see... So my prediction was correct. You have no memory at all of having come here. But then why had I not seen this outcome before?" Luna asked, not to Ryoko, but to herself. She stared up at the stars and began to ponder any possible answers that might present themselves. As she pondered, she couldn't help but think of Akane, and wonder how he was doing. [i]I expect he is on his way to Hibari by now.[/i] she thought, hoping that Akane's words would melt something of the ice around Hibari's heart. If he were to remain frozen forever, then Luna saw nothing but a bone chilling loneliness in the boy's future.

Although lost in thought, Luna had still been listening to Ryoko, and taken her inquiry about Masune with a small smile. Of course this girl had been after Masune. Things were starting to piece themselves together now. The girl had probably come here after Masune had proved himself to be undetectable through normal methods. "Ahh... So it Masune that you're after. And you seem to have grown some manners as well. Very well. If that is the case, I can tell you exactly where to find him. Masune is currently fighting to protect a small number of people from the demons Kagutsuchi and Ayatane. Both of whom were sent by Muramasa to collect a girl by the name of Marta Levione. I expect you will find them in a book store in the Shibuya district. However, I must ask. What is that you hope to gain with Masune?"

This was a perhaps the most important question that those chasing after the bounty had to ask. Naturally very few of them would know that Masune was innocent, and even less would be aware that killing him would only serve to drive the world as well as themselves into a worse state than it currently was in but even so. Luna felt that perhaps this girl needed to ask this question more than the others who were mindlessly chasing after the bounty. "If it is a sense of purpose and self, or even an ease to your pain that you seek, then killing him will bring none of that. I should very well think that joining him would help more than that. If it is merely the money that you seek, then I'm afraid that there is nothing that I can do to stop."

With another small sip of tea, Luna stood, and frowned curtly at the state that Ryoko was in. After a moments thought, Luna rolled her eyes and spoke again. "Must I do everything for you? I should think you wiser than to pursue Masune in this condition. Should the boy decide to fight back, you'd be dead in an instant. Although I expect the same result would befall you should he face you on even terms as well." With a wave of her hand, she removed the weakness and fatigue, as well as any injuries that Ryoko had. That should at least help her make it Shibuya in one piece. That is, assuming she wasn't attacked on her way there. 

Now that Luna's job was complete, she gave yet another yawn, then looked to the stars one last time. "Umi." The blue haired maid appeared beside Luna in a small swirl of roses. As she did, the scent of the flowers filled the air all around the group. "I have grown tired. I assume you've readied my bed?" Umi nodded at her mistress' question, then smiled to Ryoko. Luna turned back, looking at Ryoko one last time, before saying. "I have told you all you need to know, as well as restored you to your full strength. What you do when you find Masune is entirely up to you. I only pray that you make the right decision rather than running off like a ditz into a situation that you won't be able to control." And with that, Luna and Umi vanished, leaving only the scent of roses in their wake.

Hibari

“You need… power…  Strength… Only from… hatred.”

‘I’ll kill Izumi with my own strength; I don’t need any power from you, or anyone else.’ Hibari had become lost in thought, as continued leaping across the rooftops. Nothing else seemed to matter, but reaching his target; until he heard a familiar voice from behind.

"WILL YOU STOP DOING THAT?!"

Stopping, Hibari felt new emotion as it begun slowly replacing his freshly stirred anger. It was something that he hadn't felt in a very long time; an odd sense of betrayal. Turning to face the girl he had been spending the majority of the night with, he couldn't help but shout. “Look, if you’re just trying sample aura or something, you ca-“  Hibari never got to finish, as he watched the girl fall to the ground, completely unconscious. “You have to be kidding…”

Vanishing, then reappearing beside the girl's crumpled form, he began to ponder what he should do. ‘I can't  just leave her like this… But if I waste any more time, I’ll lose my chance.’

“Unnecessary… weak… continue… objective…'

'I don't remember asking you.'

The decision should have been easy, but for some reason Hibari couldn't bring himself to leave the girl. The boy’s gaze softened slightly, he reached down, and hoisted her onto his back. Going against every one of his instincts, he continued following the flame like aura. When the girl finally awoke, she would be met with a question. "Why did you really choose to follow me?" 

Ryoko was dazed as the small witch vanished into thin air, suddenly feeling revitalized. 'Well that was strange... She didn't seem very malicious at all. Then again, she is probably just trying to recruit me to her evil cause... And what was that about joining Masune? How would joining a ruthless killer help to resolve my pain? Nothing but blood can help me now...' 

Ryoko stood, and began to walk toward the Shibuya District. 'My oh my... today has been quite the day... Wait. Masune is protecting somebody? That doesn't make any sense at all... And Marta Levione? Where have I heard that name before?' Ryoko walked down the sidewalk, glad that she was not far from her destination. Feeling a slight chill in the air, she rubbed her hands together, then it hit her. 'Marta Levione! She is part of the Slayer's Guild!' Ryoko was not particularly familiar with Marta, but had heard her name in passing on a few occasions. 'So... Masune was protecting somebody from the Slayer's guild? But... Why would... No. He is my target. The witch just lied to me so as to confuse me. I have to kill him.' 

Feeling a strong gust of wind from the rooftop, Ryoko looked up, seeing what appeared to be a battle between to men, somewhere in their 20s. 'Should I intervene? No. I don't even know which one I would help if I did' Even before she had made her conscious decision, her body's instinctive flight reflex had kicked in, with Ryoko sprinting away from the two, onward to the bookshop. 'I need to kill Masune. I need to do it so that I can be done with this all'

Upon waking up, Asuka realized she was being carried by Hibari, who's aura was still spilling, but she could feel the anger in his grip. The stranger's words had gotten to him and he was doubting her intentions, although she had no knowledge of her intentions to begin with. She felt herself barely keeping her mind together, but she didn't want to cause him anymore inner turmoil. She jumped off his back.
"No, leave me, you have no reason to take me with you! You believed that man, and you have no reason not to! ....And neither do I! I can't expect you to believe me, since I don't even know if I can believe in myself any more than you do!"
Her eyes started to water and her throat was stiff.

"What don't you kids understand about attacking a FIRE demon!? Normal attacks won't work, augment them with flames, and you only serve to make me stronger!"

"Fire demon? Look to me like a used up candle stick!!" Daiki smirked, as he kept slashing over and over at Kagutsuchi, until he backed away quickly. The assault did its job, the fire demon was beginning to slowly wear out...and now was the time for him to strike. "Yang Style!" he simply said, as a beautiful holy flame engulfed Gin no Hono. With that, Takeda rushed towards Kagutsuchi once again, as he simply passed him as he quickly turned around.

"One cut..." Daiki said, seeing a small cut appear on the fire demon's arm. "is all it'll take!" Then, in a shock to everyone, Daiki placed his free hand on the blade lit with the holy flames. Immediately his hand was engulfed in it...but didn't burn. Removing his hand from the blade, the demon slayer began to write out a kanji into the air, as it appeared from the holy fire. "This kanji...is light...and today, fire demon...you will be judged by the holy fire!" Daiki smirked, as he snapped his fingers, as the kanji disappears. Suddenly, from Kagutsuchi's small cut, holy fire poured out from it...as everyone could hear him yelling (or possibly growling) in pain. It wasn't long, before the fire demon was engulfed in the holy flames.

"Seika Boko...Holy Fire Assault..." Daiki smirked, as he sheathed his blade. "Enjoy the holy flames, ya ugly match stick!!"

Amaterasu felt the sting of the electricity in the air leave, but yet, something still remained. She looked up towards the sky and noticed that her power was significantly decreasing, and that her movements were becoming more and more sluggish, eventually shifting her fast walking to a more casual, slow, stepping. Not paying attention to where Amaterasu was going, she collided head-first into a small horned-demon. The horned girl fell straight onto her butt, and she had a high-pitched voice that Amaterasu found extremely annoying.

Upon closer inspection, the horns on her head were a symbol of the ones Amaterasu was actively chasing. Without a second thought, Amaterasu reached for her back pocket and quickly pulled out the small dagger, pinning the girl down with a hand on her throat.

"You...you're Ibaraki-doji...aren't you?"

Accel World OST - Iron Will

Crap! I'm cornered... well, time for my next plan-

Just as Ibaraki-doji was pondering, Bikuni released a strong jet of water, targeting Amaterasu's side, knocking her off if she didn't dodge.

Ibaraki-doji got up and whispered to her two subjects. "Run, assemble the Night Parade for me, just this once..."

Ibaraki-doji then sticked her tongue out, gave a wink and put a fist on her head. "Teehee, I guess I slipped! I'm so clumsy! Onee-chan, you can't just presume any oni on the street is Ibaraki-doji!"

I can't afford losing my arm again. If I do, I highly doubt taking it back would be as easy as before...

"So, you want to play, Onee-chan? I want to play too!"

Corbeau d'Argent

A little lass bumped into the lady, before apologising.
"It's alright kid."

Hmm... these kids look suspicious, maybe they're... doing what I'm doing? No. They look busy, I'll just continue at my own pace...

She then proceeded to find a good place to hide, before readying her Caladbolg...

[b][u]Masune, Marta, Kagutsuchi, and Ayatane[/u][/b]

Slash, after slash, after slash, and yet all Kagutsuchi did was sit there laughing at his assailant. Of course he had no idea the peril his inaction had been placing him in, and why would he? As far as he was concerned, the flames were of no harm to him. He was fire incarnate. A wielder of the flame of Hell itself. Or at least he was when Azazel wasn't around. Once Daiki finished his assault, Kagutsuchi raised his blade, prepping to finish the fool off. "I warned you kid, fire won't hurt me!"

Before Kagutsuchi could bring down his blade, Daiki made his attack; moving with such speed that Kagutsuchi had not seen him cut his arm. He definitely heard him mention something about holy fire though, and at that moment, Kagutsuchi realized his mistake. No demon, perhaps not even the King of Flames himself could compete with holy fire. In one last ditch effort to stop his defeat, Kagutsuchi swung the flaming sword directly at Daiki's throat, aiming to finish the kid in one swing. "Y-you goddamned brat! I'll-" But it was already too late. With a snap of his fingers, Daiki had released the attack, and sealed the demons fate.

At once, golden flames had erupted from within Kagutsuchi, replacing the prior eerie blue fire with a dazzling brilliant golden blaze. Kagutsuchi's cries of anguish filled the entire room, possibly even splitting out of the reality pocket in which they were fighting. To Ayatane, it was almost funny. Moments ago, the arrogant fool had been blithering on about how 'flames would only make him stronger' and now he squealed and flailed like pathetically because he had been burned. Some fire demon. 

Gradually the flames that Kagutsuchi had started began to die out, either because they'd been burnt out or because Kagutsuchi was slowly weakening. The flames around his body began to extinguish as well. He grew shorter, and skin was once again visible on his body. The demon had done the only thing he could to survive and reverted back into his false form. Even so, the pain from the assault had been way too much on him, and he fell first to his knees, then face down on the ground, drooling slightly as he lay there unconscious.

Masune smirked as he saw the once raging flame reduced back into the state he had been in when he entered the building. Sweat dripped down Masune's forehead and chest, and a good deal of soot had collected on his arms, face, and chest. Still, even though Kagustuchi had been beaten, Ayatane was still up. Not wanting to give the puppet master a chance to escape, Masune turned to attack him, only to find that Ayatane had vanished. "Where did-" But he didn't need to ask any more, as Ayatane had reappeared at Kagutsuchi's side, Kotonoha at his side.

"No need to worry. We're falling back." the demon said as he lifted his comrade over his shoulder. Ayatane then moved to the barrel he'd held the two puppets in, which by some miracle had escaped all of Kagutsuchi's flames, and dropped Kotonoha in it. "You may keep Hinagiku. She's out lived her uses now. Besides, you managed to keep me fairly entertained as well." Masune gripped his sword even tighter, aiming it directly at Ayatane as he sealed the barrel. "I'll let you in on something though. Obviously you know that Muramasa is the strongest member of Ouroborous, and you seemed to have mistaken me as second strongest when you were in Hell, Bloodreaver." Now it was Ayatane's turn to smirk, and as he did a cold chill ran down Masune's spine, despite the amount of heat still in the air. "This is not true. If anything, I'm 4th or 5th.; and Kagutsuchi? He's something like the man who gets us coffee if you know what I mean."

Without another word, Ayatane vanished, somehow escaping the reality pocket and disappeared into the city. To her eternal shame as a Demon Slayer, now was the time that Marta stepped out of the back room. She stood in awe at how the two boys had performed during the battle. OF course she'd expected Izanami and her employee's to do well, but Marta hadn't thought Daiki or Masune as strong as they'd just shown themselves to be. [i]They really are amazing...[/i] she thought as her cheeks turned slightly red and a smile crossed her face.

"Um, Marta?" Masune's voice had snapped Marta out of her thoughts as he spoke. "Hmm? Oh, ummm, Masune, where's your shirt?" Marta hadn't noticed it until now, but Masune had been shirtless during the ending of the fight. Of course she hadn't witnessed it personally, but Masune's clothes had been burned to ashes by Kagutsuchi during the fight. However, before before Masune could even answer, Marta perked up. "Ah! Quickly! Who got hurt, I'll heal you immediately!"

Noticing the large amount of burns and cuts across Masune's body, Marta immediately rushed over, and was about to get to work on healing him, when something about him caught her attention. Not the fact that he was shirtless, something else. [i]He's... he's already begun healing?[/i] No, that couldn't have been right. While it was true half-demons had an accelerated healing process, they wouldn't have begun to heal mere seconds after they were injured. Not without a specific aura related ability at least. Then again, Masune wasn't a half-demon. "Is something wrong Marta?"

Once again, Marta had to be snapped out of her thoughts by Masune. Her head snapped up away from the wound she'd been inspecting to look at Masune directly in the eyes. "O-oh! Nothing! Just thinking about how best to treat these!" she said as she begun to heal the burns and cuts Masune had acquired during his battle. Well, that was a lie, and Masune and everyone around him knew it. "Riiight. Anyways, nice finish there Daiki. You're a pretty fair fighter." Masune was about to say more, but stopped when he noticed the amount of females he was now surrounded by. And he still had no shirt. "Oh, um... awkward question, but does anybody have a spare shirt? Preferably a male one? I'd rather not hang around like this."

Archived