[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Smaller Dragons Banned
Aside from the fact I'll miss Reactan, that's actually the smarter choice for dealing with that deck; Because the smaller ones are, if not, most of, the deck's speed in general.

>Birdman Limited
idgi

>Gorz Semi'd
I have no comment :/

>Mirror Force, Scapegoat, and ARA@3
Seems interesting, but also wonky.

I like this banlist.
It gets rid of any deck that utilized Dragon Rulers while also limiting the power of 3-Axis, Mermails, and Spellbooks, and bringing back Trishula, an old Synchro favorite.
Did I just make an intelligent analysis of the banlist?
OwO
Maybe I shouldn't leave after all...

I like this banlist.
It gets rid of any deck that utilized Dragon Rulers while also limiting the power of 3-Axis, Mermails, and Spellbooks, and bringing back Trishula, an old Synchro favorite.
Did I just make an intelligent analysis of the banlist?
OwO
Maybe I shouldn't leave after all...

No, because you failed to pick up that Gorz to 2 is stupid and said that Trish coming back was a good idea...

——Posted by the man trusted by "Mr.snake"

Some changes seems still remain to be seen....
Seems [YGOCARD]Chaos Sorcerer[/YGOCARD] and Tenki are Semi-Limited .
Rooster's limit is repeated.
[YGOCARD]Deep Sea Diva[/YGOCARD]'s unchange is repeated.

This is still under investigation. Seems Snake/Psh is still posting in 2ch.

EDIT: Gorz 2 is weird, but not stupid. I don't think Trish coming back is bad, considering nothing can loop it. What is a konami list without its share of "oh, ok. :I"

Banlist is the best I've seen for a while. Not perfect but fun.

——Posted by the man trusted by "Mr.snake"

Some changes seems still remain to be seen....
Seems [YGOCARD]Chaos Sorcerer[/YGOCARD] and Tenki are Semi-Limited .
Rooster's limit is repeated.
[YGOCARD]Deep Sea Diva[/YGOCARD]'s unchange is repeated.

This is still under investigation. Seems Snake/Psh is still posting in 2ch.

EDIT: Gorz 2 is weird, but not stupid. I don't think Trish coming back is bad, considering nothing can loop it. What is a konami list without its share of "oh, ok. :I"

Chaos Sorcerer at 2 seems interesting. I still don't like Gorz at 2 though.

My thoughts on the list:

Bans

Babies - This is good. Very, very good. I like it.

Jugement - The most logical hit, since it's basically the thing that made the deck broke.

Limits

Rooster - ...Huh. Good choice, but...huh.

Birdman - ...Konami, you are dead to me. DEAD TO ME!

Abyssteus - ...Eh, okay?

Shark - ...This seems like a strange hit.

Trishula - ...Wat.

Big Eye - Good. Hitting this stupid card makes me happy.

Divine Wind - (See Birdman)

Super Rejuv - Bye Bye Dragon Exodia! Also, super broken draws.

Sphere - ...Okay then.

Semis

Bestari - ...This seems a bit risky.

Gorz - ...Am...am I reading this list correctly? Why would they do this?

Grand Mole - Meh, whatever. Seems cool.

Black Whirlwind - ...Seems a little odd.

Unlimits

Tskuyomi - ...Alright then.

Magician - ...What the heck? Why would they swap this and shark?

ARA - This, I'm okay with. for now.

E-Call - ...Not sure what to think of this.

Duality - Good Konami. You actually did something good besides the banned section of this list and a couple other things.

Scapegoat - ...Why?

Mirror Force - ...Nobody will use it still.

Overall, Its kind of a "meh" list to me other than the murdering of Prophecy and E. Rulers. It's just...not very good other than those, in my opinion. Prolly won't really push me to get much back into the game, especially considering it just killed the only semi-viable form of genex.

Thank you.
Also, was it better to ban the baby Rulers, or should the bigger ones have been taken care of instead?

Everyone already agreed that the Babies should have been hit. Like really, there's no point in hitting the big dragons when they're not the problem?

The only thing I'm truly worried about is Gorz at 2. That doesn't seem like a correct move. Everything else is fine to me, maybe Trish is a little bit wobbly but even then.

I don't think Gorz at 2 is that bad. It can't really be used for much, other than filling in the holes left behind by the Dragon Rulers.

Just for clarification, Gorz is constantly cited as being terrible design because it does too much for too little (taking damage when your Field is empty) and can actually reward bad playing, because you drop a 2700 monster, plus a Token that could possibly be stronger than Gorz itself. It stops OTKs, but not in a healthy way.

It will NOT fill in the holes by Dragon Rulers.

Not sure how much it'll change by being put to 2, but Gorz is frequently said to be a card that should be put to 0, not 2.

I think Scapegoat is because they watch DN/DGZ and how popular Goat format has become. XD

Baby rulers were the best hit, because the daddys can still be Attribute support. (LIKE THEY WERE INTENDED)

EDIT: I think everyone is worried about the Gorz @2. The worst part about the list.

Ah. I never got the chance to really explore Dragon Rulers.

Just for clarification, Gorz is constantly cited as being terrible design because it does too much for too little (taking damage when your Field is empty) and can actually reward bad playing, because you drop a 2700 monster, plus a Token that could possibly be stronger than Gorz itself. It stops OTKs, but not in a healthy way.

It will NOT fill in the holes by Dragon Rulers.

Not sure how much it'll change by being put to 2, but Gorz is frequently said to be a card that should be put to 0, not 2.

Ah. And this is why I consider you a very good friend, evilfusion.
So how should decks be changed to match Gorz being Semi-Limited?
Would it really take much to counter such a massive imending threat upon the meta?

Archived