Society within a society- INCEPTION! o.O(accepting)

ZeRainbowDash

Greetings friends! This will hopefully replace community board document on google docs. So. Yeah. 

WE are a club/organization/strange society that is based in Monroe, North Carolina. We originally had a Google Docs page that we would post on, but a lot of us decided we weren't happy with having to scroll for five minutes once we opened the page, So I brought up the idea of making a club on YCM. And we're seeing ow it goes. Yes. We are a bunch of teenagers. You are all welcome to join, provided you can deal with a LOT of stangeness. As per YCM rules and guidelines, there does have to be a general topic, and as long as we have a good bit of our comments about said topic, we are all good, as far as I am aware. Do not quote me on that however. *Admin note- the rules for a lot of the forums are vague about some stuff*  

But on to the fun stuff. I believe a topic that will set us up for now would be to put forth ideas for said topics! once we find something in the happy place we all enjoy talking about, then we shall move into the great beyond!

[spoiler=Rules] All YCM Rules and Guidelines apply.

No spamming or trolling, or I WILL report you if our wondrous moderators don't find you first.

Avoid just posting a picture. If you post a picture, have a line or two about it and how it's related to the topic at hand.

Don't hate. If you have beef with someone because they like something you don't, keep it out of the thread. Again, I will report you if I find anything like that. 

Keep it PG-13 if you please. We may have some random ten year old reading this, and if he runs to mommy and starts saying a lot of words no self respecting ten year old should say, you know you messed up.

Uh. What else... Honestly, that's all I can think of for now. 

OH! I reserve the right to kick you off the thread, and if you come back with another account, you will be reported to our ever vigilant moderator. I also have the right to change any and all rules, except preexistig forum rules.

[/spoiler]

to join, simply post below and answer these questions.

1. Are you a welcoming, at least semi-intelligent functioning person?

2. If you could be immortal, would you and why?

3. If you could take 1 thing back in time what would it be?

4. What special skills do you have? If you have none, you can be the resident schmuck.

5. Where are you from? (Completely Optional)

6. Where is Question 7?

[spoiler=Members] 

ThorgrimZz

fluttershy_rocks

Mei_Midorima

-AixDivadis-

TOYOのこころ

Lolithar

D.A_Saitama-Onepunch Man
exaxxion
alhpaomega1
eptinyugi

[/spoiler]

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Yes

2. no, because im curious what happens after death.

3. hmmm, i would change me from maybe learning how to play percussion.

4. im artistic, musical (as in play and instrument), and i'm inteligente (intelligent) 

5. its a mix between to animes i like. one is called: Another. The other one is Kuroko no basket.

6. its floating in the universe somewhere......

hello im am here now

Well people make clubs for people from certain countries...so I wouldn't see why not.

However I don't really see the point here since all you guys would do would be...um, being from the same school. So I can easily see this turning into a closed-society kind of thing where only schoolmates can become members. Not a good premisse imo.:/

Sorry, its parkwood high school in monroe, nc. we had a google docs thing, but i wanted to show them the light of ycm to make it cleaner

How would showing the 'light of YCM' make what cleaner?O.o

Lol im in math at the moment. Also, once everyone is on, well need somewhat of a topic to discuss, or the admins will be like no! and lock this thread. and i dont want my thread locked

Alternatively, would joining one of the already existing clubs be alright to you guys? There's also the PM (private message) function that allows members to invite many people into group conversations now.

So basically, I want you guys to figure out a better concept for this thread and also to watch your grammar.

I'm giving you 24 hours to fix it. Otherwise the thread will be locked since it wouldn't serve much of a purpose.

The reason I am bringing this to YCM is to make it so there is organization. Originally we had a Google Docs page, and it was messy and took forever to scroll all the way down. And while it is a school thing, we are welcoming people, and if someone wishes to join, we have no problem with it. IF we gain more people, the name would change from PWHS to whatever it may end up as. The reason it is rather unfocused now is because only 2 of us have actually used YCM before. 

As for us being from the same school, our schedules are wildly different, and we don't see each other a lot, and several of us have only met face to face a couple of times. I wanted to bring it to YCM to give it a sense of organization. We will know who posted what without having to scroll down through 9 million comments.

And could you define watch your grammar.? Are you referring to the shorthand that was used?

The other C&O mod here.

Shorthanding is something you should avoid as much as possible, that's what she was talking about yeah.

Secondly... A bunch of short comments, like, say;

Are actually not allowed in the section whatsoever. The thing is we need to set a standard. We don't have anything about you setting up here, but you can't fill your Club with 9001 pages of one-word posts.

The usual proposal which follows the above explanation is to try and avoid posting if you're not going to add information.

If however you'd deem that unavoidable, you should use the PM system instead.

And also, who would Logan be?

Alright, time to join some random school's club.

I am a somewhat welcome, relatively intelligent person.

Definitely, the possibilities that open up are endless and I would no longer be bound by the constraints of time.

A gun. Subjugate those primitive people.

4. What special skills do you have? If you have none, you can be the resident schmuck.

Art and GFX though I'm so lazy that you may as well not count those. Writing.

Somewhere on the horizon, where no one could ever reach me.

6. Where is Question 7?

Beside me, on the horizon.

1. Are you a welcoming, at least semi-intelligent functioning person? Welcoming? Maybe. Semi-intelligent? Definitely. Functioning? Perhaps not. 

2. If you could be immortal, would you and why? No, because Who Wants to Live Forever? 

3. If you could take 1 thing back in time what would it be? The Death Note. 

4. What special skills do you have? If you have none, you can be the resident schmuck. I can beat Shadow Kanji with an underleveled party. Also, I can feel sympathy for Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay.  

5. Where are you from? (Completely Optional) I come from the author's imagination. 

6. Where is Question 7? In a metaphysical state which only exists in the mind of those who create it, those who are asked of it, and those tasked to find it. Also, it's somewhere between Question 6 and 8. 

Hope I wasn't being too confusing. 

Greetings:

6. Where is Question 7?

1. Yes, I believe so.
  2. Yes, to see the future of humankind, see aliens(extraterrestrials), become a hedon, but I'll probably fail.
  3. A katana, a man can't dinosaurs barehanded, unless he's Chuck Norris or Batman, or a manual on how to build modern technology using primitive resources.
  4. Writing and dancing greatly to the rhythm of the beats. Making funny faces could also help, plus eating like Goku.
  5. The one place where you can get shot for wearing a hoodie at night, plus multiple teacher on students scandals. It's also hot, if that helps.
  6. Well, 7 8 9, so he's hiding from police and resting for the next hunt. 

[spoiler=Heres an artist rendering describing the events that took place:]funny-seven-ate-nine-comic.jpg[/spoiler]

Have a good day! 

I'm finally back and oh I actually understand what this is supposed to be. The presentation is better now.

[quote]"As per YCM rules and guidelines, there does have to be a general topic, and as long as we have a good bit of our comments about said topic, we are all good, as far as I am aware."[/quote]

What we generally mean with a topic is that you guys give your club a reason to exist. The theme of all the Pokémon clubs here is Pokémon, the YCM Show Headquarters primarily focus on setting up the show (while also doing the regular socializing of course), Arts & Crafts focusses on creating and discussing art. The YCMaker Hotel is a bit about everything and mostly lets people hang out with each other, which also seems to be the concept of this club.

We don't mind having 1 or 2 clubs of this kind around, but the thing is that with nothing to really work on, most of these threads tend to become spamholes.

And could you define watch your grammar.? Are you referring to the shorthand that was used?

Shorthand and sum ecxessive talkin liek dis. No need to bring your Shakespeare out, but it usually makes the experience better for people if posts are readable. :D

Ok. It has been updated, are you alright with it that way it has been set up?

Yeah, I'm blushing under my parasol.:'3

No but what I actually wanted you to do is to figure out some kind of main theme here. If it's going to be 'talking about everything and being a random school club full of strangeness', that's passable, but expect this thread to be locked if it turns into spam (like what the previous posts just above mine are getting pretty close to).

"...based in Monroe, North Carolina..."

Well I'm not sure where Monroe is, but I'm in the same state so... might as well.

Yes, and if I'm not, then I'm humble enough to admit it.

I wouldn't, because life is long enough as it is. Having to live forever would just make me wish I could die.

I hate the idea of traveling back in time. Either way, the only thing I want to change is my guilt for insulting my friends and gaining their strong distrust. However, no matter how I change it, the feeling will remain and I'll have to relive the struggle I went through to gain my work experience and my education.

I am adept at graphic design, drawing, writing, and math.

5. Where are you from?:

Wilmington, North Carolina

6. Where is Question 7?

right here?

Archived