Halloween Event

Legend Zero

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the event. Even if someone guesses all the monsters out, it should still be private guesses so that other members get the chance to participate.

If discovered monsters were just outed upon the first right guess, we'd need around 500 monsters for this.

Although I appreciate the thought of more ghouls and soulless corpses moving around at night, feasting with the living ones, I believe the rules are more efficient as they currently are.

I just don't see the point.
There aren't any stakes for the players, because they have no idea if they are correct or not until the end, and the prize is a mystery, so I have no idea if it's worth all of this.
There aren't any stakes for the monsters, because they can't do anything that's actually scary, and they disappear at the end of the week.
I want an actual scary reason to play.

I just don't see the point.
There aren't any stakes for the players, because they have no idea if they are correct or not until the end, and the prize is a mystery, so I have no idea if it's worth all of this.
There aren't any stakes for the monsters, because they can't do anything that's actually scary, and they disappear at the end of the week.
I want an actual scary reason to play.

We all aknowledge that the contest has limitations and is obviously not perfect. However, it is meant for those who want to do something during these times.

You can perfectly say you don't want to participate, Monsters aren't exactly knocking your door to force you to do so. It's all been some Notifications (that might get a tad spammy at times I recognize) and a few posts dispersed across the forum.

Don't ask us to tell you why you should be doing this. If you don't want to, don't go out to meet the monsters to ask them to persuade you.

Monsters are just volunteers trying to have a good time, not participants.

The issues that might arise from the guessing part are gonna be taken note on and fixed by next event, but for now, one must start from somewhere, and learn from that point.

But not impossible, see; you can easily ignore Stanley!
All you need to do, is not respond to
any of the activities, and any of the festivities;
now things aren't so bleak, you can ignore YCM's Halloween Week!

And that's the thing. It's not scary. You're just...there...
I want to get invested, I really do, but I want to make sure it's worth my time putting up with these monsters for a week.

I want to get invested, I really do, but I want to make sure it's worth my time putting up with these monsters for a week.

Keep note that Monsters are just regular members with a mask that are supposed to keep an act.

What do you expect to see?
Your computer hacked?
Shadows and silhouettes outside your house at night with clear enough messages that it's us YCM monsters?

Do you want us to make an horror story at the fanfic section?
Do you want us to put silly screamers?

I mean, what limitations do you think we have? 

I've been a member of this site for 5 years, and it feels like all I've done is whine and moan and be a nuisance to everyone, because I can't do anything right.
And then this comes along, and I thought it would be cool to be able to whine and moan and be a nuisance for a week as part of a fun game.
But all of the slots got taken by people who are better than me, because I can't do anything right.
So now I've got to find a way to play this game from the opposing side, not knowing a thing about how to figure out who is who.
And I wanted there to be something more that could drive me to actually playing and being able to finally do something on this site that could get people to like me, but instead I can't find anything, and now I'm whining and moaning and being a nuisance anyways, because I can't do anything right.

No-one is asking you to take part.

The terms and conditions are, and have already been set.

Either accept them, or don't. You missed your window to change them beforehand.

I've been a member of this site for 5 years, and it feels like all I've done is whine and moan and be a nuisance to everyone, because I can't do anything right.
And then this comes along, and I thought it would be cool to be able to whine and moan and be a nuisance for a week as part of a fun game.
But all of the slots got taken.
So now I've got to find a way to play this game from the opposing side, not knowing a thing about how to figure out who is who.
And I wanted there to be something more that could drive me to actually playing and being able to finally do something on this site that could get people to like me, but instead I can't find anything, and now I'm whining and moaning and being a nuisance anyways, because I can't do anything right.

Again, you missed your time slots to do so. Either participate, or don't. It is really that simple.

Also keep in mind that Monsters aren't even supposed to be into a character to begin with.

Monsters could just as well be regular alternate accounts in a guessing game.

The "barking" is just a plus that we are contributing with because we want it to not just be a regular guessing game.

I'm sorry if it can get annoying around the forum, we are doing what we can to not be TOO spamy and stuff.

I'm already a Ghost-Type. What are you talking about?

Then forgive me sir. My mistake for going after you.

That's the origin of disguises in Halloween. To have other spirits think you were also one of them and not a mortal. That way, they'd just keep moving in search for humans to torment. So by rule, I shall not touch you.

That's the origin of disguises in Halloween. To have other spirits think you were also one of them and not a mortal. That way, they'd just keep moving in search for humans to torment. So by rule, I shall not touch you.

Ghost-Types are the same as Dragon-Types; Weak to their own kind.
Derp.

Archived