Komaeda_%285%29.png

I never really paid too much attention to when Dennis set the scale, but I don't really think it's too much of an issue. There's a chance that was only done to emphasize the fact that Dennis was playing the side of a villain and it made Pendulums look like the product of evil. Nothing looked abnormal with the Pendulum Monsters.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler='Episode thoughts']Seems like Yuzu and COMRADE YUGO are going to try being crazy street preachers. Can't blame poor Yuzu, though. She has no idea who she's even supposed to go talk to, so she just tries to spread the message. At least, that got her and Yugo noticed by friends. PLOT is stirring up, and this makes me very very happy.

I like Crow here. Also, Dennis, playing the hero doesn't work for you. Though after this episode, I believe that our Lancers can be forgiven for never having doubted him. He's pretty goddamn convincing at playing the clown.

Oh, and... has anyone noticed that NEO NEO DOMINO BILLS HAVE LAZARE'S FACE ON THEM? This is either just a funny throwback, or Lazare/Jaeger's gonna be here too...

Sadly, no idea on what Reiji is doing... I'm really hyped...[/spoiler]

About Dennis' background theory, Reiji most likely knows where Dennis is NOT from in the same way he knew where Sora was from.

Nothing conclusive here though since Reiji can keep information from everyone else and this could very well be avoided for the sake of spoilers but as of right now Dennis' Xyz Summon hasn't given off any strong signal to LDS's database.

It also could be just an overlooked aspect or a goof off. Reiji should be able to confirm if Dennis is really an LDS student, be it from any other faraway facility because Miami's is still the main one where the top top leaders are.... unless Himika runs another place (she did initially come in as a trip from somewhere after all, even if nowadays it might look as if she lives there at times). Still, she's right there so there wouldn't be withheld info to Reiji even if that was the case.

I personally think Dennis is from Standard, and that we are still far away from his back story. I mean Leo is also not from Fusion so Fusion coming for an invasion wouldn't be the only way of knowing of another dimension(s). Dennis probably spent a lot of time at Fusion and that is why he didn't know about Reiji's dueling, but he is probably still from Standard.

Dennis being a Standard native makes sense if you consider that this would mean that he'd be able to use all summoning methods and wouldn't be detectable by scanners because he doesn't use "true fusion" or "true Xyz" or "true Synchro". If that were true, Reiji would have no way to know he's not who he says he is unless he specifically investigated his private life. Otherwise, just joining the institute with fake documents of some kind wouldn't be that hard for a secret agent with the support of Leo Akaba himself. The guy's extra rich and probably has contacts in all the right places, so forging documents wouldn't be that hard. Hell, he may not even need to forge documents if Dennis is really a Standard native.

Oh I just realized, that must be why they intend to mix the dimensions. More power.

Synchro people during the Dennis vs Gongenzaka duel made it clear that they not only don't know what Pendulum Summon is, but they also didn't seem to know about Xyz Summon.

That means inherently the side dimensions don't know about advanced Summon methods other than their own, at least until they come in contact with the other dimensions in some way.

Meanwhile, Standard had nothing (Strong was the champ for a few years and he only seemed to have Tribute Summon), although it being the main dimension, the other methods exist but weren't widespread at all before this year with Yuya's generation. What Standard had going for it was versatility despite these not comparing to the specialized dimensions (being "true" Fusion/Synchro/Xyzs).

This explains why Standard is not an enemy, Leo had nothing to gain from Standard and he already came from it. 

This also might mean that him discovering that Pendulum Summon might pick his interest in Standard for invasion plans in the future...

Or not, since he is supposed to already have seen Sora's memories....

Cuz it wasn't a Pendulum monster.

99ed1b5e230bf484ece67c1154d03696.png

D/D Cerberus doesn't even look like Pendulum on Reiji's duel disk. No Pendulum scales and only 1 lore.

I could have sworn he held it up to our face at another point in the episode and it was the Pendulum version... am I just losing my mind?

Sub thoughts.

[spoiler=]

• City residents are clueless about the war, even after Yugo tried telling them (them and Yuzu). And yeah, they pretty much were laughing at them.
    • Well, if Reo decides to suck your souls into cards, then it's going to be your own fault. And then we'll see which of you is still laughing after that.
  • Yugo trying to dimension-warp (and failing) was somewhat ironic.
  • Sawatari, stop promoting your ego.
    • Since arriving in the Synchro Dimension, you've already spilled every secret that was exclusive to Standard.
  • Melissa treats the Pendulum Summon as the first time it's occurred, although Roger saw Yuya doing it. (If only he knew that Yuya's the person who created it).
  • City resident reaction to Pendulum Summoning is very similar to that of the potential applicants after Yuya got creamed by Yuzu back in episode 3/4.
  • Yuya learns about the criminal mark (although this dimension didn't get that part explained much). I'll assume that it's similar to 5Ds.

The rest of my thoughts from RAW carry over.

[/spoiler]

As for Yuzu's name change, let's just say that I'm less than thrilled with it.

Last name is fine (and probably expected), but Zuzu is eww tbh.

If they really wanted to avoid confusion with Yuya's lookalikes, then change their names.

Got around to watching subs

[spoiler=Thoughts on 57 subbed]

- Like Yuzu who grew up not knowing her mother, Banana grew up not knowing his parents.

- Banana failing to warp dimensions using CWSD was amusing.

- This time Sawatari bullshitted Crow by saying that he's undefeated and that Yuya is his disciple.

- I liked the kids response to Pendulum Summoning by summoning multiple times; "That's cheating"

- So while Melissa says that this is the first time Pendulum Summoning has been seen on film, Roger corrected her by saying it's the second as he watched the duel that Yuya had.

[/spoiler]

Got around to watching subs

[spoiler=Thoughts on 57 subbed]

- Like Yuzu who grew up not knowing her mother, Banana grew up not knowing his parents.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='That sounds very suspicious']Yuzu not having ever known her mother and the other dimensional counterparts not knowing their parents sounds AWFULLY suspicious. That also means that Yoko Sakaki and Shuzou Hiiragi must know a lot more than they let on.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='That sounds very suspicious']Yuzu not having ever known her mother and the other dimensional counterparts not knowing their parents sounds AWFULLY suspicious. That also means that Yoko Sakaki and Shuzou Hiiragi must know a lot more than they let on.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Response]

Yeah, it can't be a coincidence whatsoever.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Response]

Yeah, we know that Sawatari got creamed by Yuya twice; once using his Darts Shooter and the other when he used Yosenjus.

And not once has he actually won.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Response]

That's the trouble of having an over-inflated ego coupled with delusion because outside the victory over OF, he hasn't won once.

[/spoiler]

Okay, Am I the only one who thinks it's a little weird Arc-V is having dub names and dub cast early?

You mean you think it's weird that any media production decide on character names and the actors/actresses to play said character before the episodes actually air?

...how is that weird? At all?

Do you think movies just get shot, with no script written and read, the director chosen at the last second, and pulling random people off the street before shouting "Action"?

...that would explain SOME movies.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but full versions of HANATE / Arc of Smile are up.

They're from Youtube, but links to niconico are given also.

[spoiler=Stuff]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkAtpkhKJzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrh9Gj0WvYg

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26349691

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26349873

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=58 RAW thoughts]

So Shun's been doing Riding Duels since he got into the Synchro Dimension, and he's essentially champion now from whatever I could make out from the context.

Well, now I've seen everything (except for someone Ritual Summoning on a D-Wheel).

Gongenzaka was going to tell Gallager about the Dimensional War, but Dennis had to put a block on him.

Of course, Dennis is technically from the Fusion Dimension so I'm assuming he did that to protect his cover (although Shun seems to have gotten doubts about it).

Wonder why Shun is left to start his fight against Dennis with a 3k LP handicap; kinda similar to fighting hard mode in the Tag Force games to an extent.

RR's get new toys to play with in Rank 3s; will that do anything for them in the future? We'll have to see.

Ironically, the RUM Shun used this episode was also revealed today as a card in new set; so likely we'll be seeing Devil Eagle and stuff in DOCS.

Dennis was lucky that Trapeze negated the effect damage, otherwise he would've been dead.

Seems Serena/Sawatari didn't want to wait further with Crow, and decided to hunt for the others on their own [despite the fact they caused Security some problems earlier].

Reira too, but Yuya restrained him.

(It's a good thing too since Reira would be dead weight anyway, since he basically lacks the courage to duel unless Reiji is around; if his behavior during Yuya's encounter with Security was any indicator.)

Hunter Pace showed up (well, his alternate reality version). I guess minor character cameos from 5Ds time (well, City is technically Neo Domino in another universe, so...)

Too bad Hunter, you not only lost to Yusei; but you got hit by a support character.

And...this marks the 3rd instance of Pendulum Summoning in the Synchro Dimension; Dennis being accountable for the latter two.

Yeah, he really likes to show off, doesn't he? (Wonder what Yuya would say if he knew what was going on)

...waits patiently for Aki and Rua/Ruka cameos...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Thoughts on 58 RAW]

- Ever since Shun got to the Synchro Dimension, he's been doing Riding Duels and has worked up the ranks through underground duels (in terms of context at least).

- Hunter Pace appeared, certainly didn't see that coming. Of course in light of his re-appearance, I did some comparison from one of his duels in 5Ds and I believe his japanse VA is the same.

- Gongenzaka tried telling Gallagher about the dimensional war before being stopped by Dennis. Of course the latter wanted to cover his tracks, though I'm also sure Dennis didn't want Gongenzaka to reveal everything too soon.

- Shun used the new RUM card that was revealed IRL today as well as more RRs that we'll 99.99% likely to see in DOCS too.

- Blood Mefist made a cameo appearance. Speaking of, I wonder when that will get a reprint seeing as it has been 3 years since it was last given out as a prize.

- I wonder why Shun was given a 3k penalty before his duel with Dennis began. I suppose that'll be something for the subs.

- Sawatari and Serena was like "sod it" and decided to search for the others. It's a good thing Yuya restrained Reira though since he'd have been dead weight.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler 58 RAW]

hah, figures Shun's plan would just be to beat everyone at duels until they do what he says. Good Job speed counters aren't a thing anymore, since he seems fond of those rank-up-magics. More raidraptors are always appreciated. He's even suspicious of Dennis! Guess Dennis was right to hide his fusion abilities, if all it takes to get someone suspicious is duelling too well....

Dennis continues his evil plan of wasting as much time as possible. Seriously, these guys are making it really easy for him.

Serena and Shingo storm off in a huff. Predictable I guess :/

Not to long now until Crow actually duels. About time!

I do hope Shun wins this duel though. Dennis really makes my skin crawl, and I feel like he's still planning to hold back. Also, Shun needs to make up for that BS loss against Sora a while back. Come on Shun! Yuto kicked him around without breaking a sweat! It should have been easy! [/spoiler]

Archived