Pendulum Summon (With Rules)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The templates look nice for a Yugioh card.

Also, they might ban/limit cards like MST/Dust Tornado at the start of Arc-V cuz Pends are Spells, though it's unlikely. Or, they'll reprint every backrow hate card to specify cards in the Spell/Trap Zone.

Expect future banlists to kill Xyzs so Konami can push Pendulums with overpowered archetypes.

Pendulum Summoned monsters can be anything.

That's the one part that worries me...

I mean, if you made a deck focused on Pendulum Summoning, there's no reason not to have the highest "red" star, is there? Then again, the strongest monster aren't usually in the main deck. They're usually Synchros and Xyzs.

So, what are the pros and cons of Pendulum Summoning?

The pro is that you can drop your entire goddamn hand and otk like a mother

The con is that the only way we know to do that atm is shit because the 2 cards associated with it thus far are shit. So not a lot.

Quoted from DGz

"If I was a little Japanese kid when this "Starter" Deck comes out, I think I'd rather just commit seippuku than try to understand this s***"

I'd differ. We all know what the Asian stereotype for acing these things is. Their ATK/DEF stats could be coded into calculus problems and they'd still use it with eas-*shot*

4. In this turn with this pendulum summon you can summon any number of monsters from your hand and face-up pendulum monsters from your extra deck that are of levels 2-7
and you can only do this one time, so you can’t summon something now, draw some, and then summon some more later
in the same turn

Org's rule four.

Which makes this a really degenerate mechanic if that's correct.

That makes this much less brainless or exciting now... I hope it's wrong.

Synchros: Tired of trying out Ritual or Fusion spells? Now the material is a built-in catalyst.

Xyzs: Tired of having to limit yourself to the use of Tuners? Now you just need matching Levels of ANYTHING.

Pendulum: Tired that your effort just Summons 1 monster at a time? or that your destroyed monsters need actual support to revive them? Don't worry, they now go to the Extra Deck where they are virtually untouchable by pests like D.D. Crow, and can just keep recurring back to the field for free every turn.

the fact you can throw your whole hand at once is just f***ed up in a way.

I think the whole "summon as many as you want" aspect is gonna be the biggest pain in the ass. None of them are all that strong (in stats or effects) but we will get the inevitable power creep. And that's not even factoring in how they can still be used as Xyzs or Synchro Material (unless there's been a rule change).

I think the whole "summon as many as you want" aspect is gonna be the biggest pain in the ass. None of them are all that strong (in stats or effects) but we will get the inevitable power creep. And that's not even factoring in how they can still be used as Xyzs or Synchro Material (unless there's been a rule change).

like something if you use Pendulum Summon, you cannot perform Synchro.Xyz/Fusion Summon this turn but that is unlikely. this method look like can Power creep xyz/Synchro Summons to even new height.  

All we need is a pendulum with 9 or above for a triple blue-eyes pendulum summon.

Can't 8s suffice for Blue-Eyes' Summons anyways?

I don't think it specifies so far if the "in-between" includes the stated numbers or not.

For some reason the 2 magicians have effects that change their scales to 4. If both did that, is Level 4 unavailable?

Can't 8s suffice for Blue-Eyes' Summons anyways?

I don't think it specifies so far if the "in-between" includes the stated numbers or not.

For some reason the 2 magicians have effects that change their scales to 4. If both did that, is Level 4 unavailable?

Rules specifically said 1 and 8 make 2-7 live.

The magicians become 4 if you DON'T have the other magician or w/e. So they're only able to be good if you have both of them, and are otherwise eh.

The magicians become 4 if you DON'T have the other magician or w/e. So they're only able to be good if you have both of them, and are otherwise eh.

I saw the "don't"s in the Astromancy Macigian thread, though they are nowhere under the descriptions on the Chronomancy thread's.

I'm guessing that's a typo if that's the case.

That'd mean we'll either have some Scale 0s and 13s, or that Levels 1 and 12 are impossible.

....How is this different from Yugioh now?
I'm joking, but still.

Well I meant, Spamming Level 7 and higher monsters that have powerful effects but cannot be Summoned as easily compare to monsters can SS themselves for the sake of Synchro/Xyz Summons. 

All we need is a pendulum with 9 or above for a triple blue-eyes pendulum summon.

Level 10 Pendulum.

Leggo DYSON SPHERE

SPAM DEM LEVEL 9S

rack up dem lvl 8/9 monsters by searching/drawing them then spam dem like nothing

with another pendulum monster is none of the said name in their names, it will be Level 5+ 

I'm confused. But then again, our first glimpse at Xyz was confusing as hell. We thought we had to stack monsters whose combined Levels equaled the monster's Rank, so that a Rank 4 needed two Level 2s or something weird like that.

Ignoring how Xyz mechanics were STILL confusing, Pendulum might make sense eventually. However, the sounds of it seem really dumb, honestly.

I'm feeling less confused about this. But... was it REALLY necessary to make another easy way to special summon monsters? Really?

Also, if non-pendulum monsters can be pendulum summoned... and you can pendulum summon from the extra deck... OH DEAR GOD NO IT'S BACK

More precisely, it's the Pendulum monsters that were added to the Extra Deck that you can Pendulum Summon along with other monsters in your hand. For some cases, they cannot be "dead" but they can be banished.

next thing: in activating Pendulum monsters from hand to the Pendulum Zones, with Chronomancy Magician's condition to be activated. it could this way, Pendulum Monsters with low Pendulum number are more easily activated while the ones with higher pendulum numbers have more conditions/cost to activate. 

The more I hear the idea that Pendulums can summon anything, the more fun this sounds.

So many old, high-level cards are going to become playable if it works like that. The possibilities are endless...until someone figures out which cards are objectively good.

Yeah, it's degenerate and ridiculous, but if Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't being degenerate and ridiculous, it isn't being Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's being a quality card game.

Archived