Pendulum Summon (With Rules)

Pendulum monsters can Pendulum Summon monsters (which is treated as a Special Summon) from the hand, and ONLY Pendulum monsters from the Extra Deck, i assume anyway

"4. In this turn with this pendulum summon you can summon any number of monsters from your hand and face-up pendulum monsters from your extra deck that are of levels 2-7 and you can only do this one time, so you can’t summon something now, draw some, and then summon some more later
in the same turn 

also when pendulum monsters die you can play them face-up in your extra deck 

when you perform a pendulum summon you can summon 1 of them from your extra"

but not 100% about Pendulum monsters in the hand can be Summoned or they can only be play as spell for now. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only question is how to put Pendulum Monsters on the scales.  I know that Chronomancer Magician can be put on the Pendulum Scale if you control no monsters, but that other Pendulum Monster doesn't really seem to have a condition...

while I admit Chronomancy Magician's condition pretty easy to fulfill unless late game and so but it seem you can play them a Spell Card and place them into the Pendulum Zone, the higher the scale is the more conditions and/or costs needed to play them. atm for 8 scale the condition isn't anything hard for now.   

while I admit Chronomancy Magician's condition pretty easy to fulfill unless late game and so but it seem you can play them a Spell Card and place them into the Pendulum Zone, the higher the scale is the more conditions and/or costs needed to play them. atm for 8 scale the condition isn't anything hard for now.   

That's the only thing that confused me.  I am now fully aware of how Pendulum Monsters work now.

Guys, Gimmick Puppets would have a field day with Pendulum Summons.
Just sayin'

yes you're absolutely right…. lol Gimmick Pendulum Deck here we come. 

on side note: 

I realized that when it come to sending them to the grave then be added to the extra Deck… I have a feeling that yuya's Ace may be a Pendulum monster where he will discard/foolish it in order to pendulum summon it in the anime lol. my only question how strong his monster effect will be. after looking the first 2 Pendulum monsters you can tell whether they would be effective as Spell or Monster. 

We have decided that the game is not nearly fast enough and therefore we must allow for a player to OTK an opponent on the opening turn no matter what deck they are playing.

Overall, we believe this will improve the amount of what you players call "fun" in the game by increasing the speed in which you can win.

PENDULUM SUMMON!

My scales are 1 and 7, granting me access to hand monsters Levels 2 through 6!

[Level 2 Tuner]
[Level 3 Monster]
[Level 2 Tuner]
[Level 3 Monster]
[Level 5 or 6 Monster]

Sync 5 T.G. Hyper Librarian
Sync 5 Reincarnation Dragon Samsara

Level Eater the 5 or 6 Pendulum Summoned monster

Normal Summon Level 1 Tuner
Sync 2 Formula Synchron

Shooting Quasar Dragon

I've been testing Pendulums with proxies and making custom ones.

I think there's enough room for variety here, and they have plenty of drawbacks. Or at least that's what I conclude.

Yuya's Magicians are 1-8 but only when together, and do nothing else.

Other cards that might pass to realms of 9+, will probably require a certain minimum scale on the other side, making it situational to run the low-Level Scales. I can see Astromancy being used on the left Scale at some point and another [Archetype] Pendulum going 10-13, but requiring an 8+ on the other side (and becoming 4 otherwise). I also am thinking that these 2 magicians are actually gonna be pretty good for the scale range compared to other Pendulums in the early days.

From what I've tested so far, even if all Pendulums had free range from 0 to infinity, the mechanic is casual at best as is, and would eat your hand quickly. The actual charm they have is the Extra Deck Summons that'll take a while to get there.

I can see future cards being along the lines of "Tribute this card; send 1 Pendulum Card from your Deck to your Extra Deck". 

• 2 weeks later...

According to that link, your sending your own Field Spell doesn't count as destroying it. Does that mean Geartown just got crappier?

I guess now 2 things are true:

1] You can't take out a Pendulum for another one like you'd do with Field Spells, so you'll be stuck with them. Then again, it'd suck if you could since it'd be an easy way to just send them to the Extra Deck, and they have Spell Effects they could very well do otherwise.

2] The mechanic doesn't really care what side the Scales are on. What do I mean? If the left side has Scale 1 and the right side has Scale 8, it's the same as if the left had 8 and the right had 1. I'm kinda disappointed at this one personally. Then again, I guess some people are having trouble understanding it as is, so alright.

It seems you can just bring out monsters of same-Levels, so as soon as a Level 4 Pendulum Monster appears and can Summon Level 4s in it's range, we'll probably see some Gadget goodies and the chance to drop cards like Kagetokage and Tin Goldfish in exchange for stuff that instead of taking care of the swarming, will actually help out in card advantage.

"Since they are treated as Spell Cards, they can be destroyed by cards like Mystical Space Typhoon"

3 MST and 3 Dust Tornado/ Twister will become a necessity for every deck when the Pendulum OTK archetypes come out next year-ish.

Thought Dragon Rulers generated the most salt in the history of the game? Wait till next year.

According to that link, your sending your own Field Spell doesn't count as destroying it. Does that mean Geartown just got crappier?

I guess now 2 things are true:

1] You can't take out a Pendulum for another one like you'd do with Field Spells, so you'll be stuck with them. Then again, it'd suck if you could since it'd be an easy way to just send them to the Extra Deck, and they have Spell Effects they could very well do otherwise.

2] The mechanic doesn't really care what side the Scales are on. What do I mean? If the left side has Scale 1 and the right side has Scale 8, it's the same as if the left had 8 and the right had 1. I'm kinda disappointed at this one personally. Then again, I guess some people are having trouble understanding it as is, so alright.

It seems you can just bring out monsters of same-Levels, so as soon as a Level 4 Pendulum Monster appears and can Summon Level 4s in it's range, we'll probably see some Gadget goodies and the chance to drop cards like Kagetokage and Tin Goldfish in exchange for stuff that instead of taking care of the swarming, will actually help out in card advantage.

There goes the theories of having reverse Pendulum mechanic in the anime, I am sad. 

As they can be destroyed by MST and such, we can safely assume they can be hit by dark bribe and the likes as well. 

Moar rules and rulings regarding Pendulums, straight from the Japanese rulebook

Also, if I'm reading it correctly, putting the Pendulums in an Extra Deck that already has 15 cards is legal, but again, they have to be sent from the field to the Graveyard for that.

Furthermore, if they go from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard, or are sent there as Xyz Materials, they remain in the Graveyard.

Moar rules and rulings regarding Pendulums, straight from the Japanese rulebook

Also, if I'm reading it correctly, putting the Pendulums in an Extra Deck that already has 15 cards is legal, but again, they have to be sent from the field to the Graveyard for that.

Furthermore, if they go from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard, or are sent there as Xyz Materials, they remain in the Graveyard.

it make sense as you already begin the duel with 15 cards Extra Deck and during the midst of the duel, Pendulum monster being added to the E.Deck bound to be kept track. Although when it be being sent to the Grave, at that point, the sent pendulum monster should at least be revealed if it was sent by hand or deck  that way, the likelihood to cheat is less. Ofc, it would be strange if the opponent doesn't reveal it upon foolish or discard/sent. 

but pretty much most thing that were speculated were pretty spot on though. Not sure if that is all to it or there more. 

Archived