Akatsuki: We Need To Get Our Own Network Edition

Akatsuki Twitch Anime  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we watch first?

• Katanagatari
    • Berserk
    • Baka to Test
    • A Ghibli Movie (TBD)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was said man, and Makakucity Actors is just awesome as well. 

Ah yes, I just watched that and I'm surprised I never brought it up when I planned to.

And just as I was about to mention how awesome Ene is... I saw your avatar. Dammit.

And just as I was about to mention how awesome Ene is...

Why... why thank you! Would you like to be my master instead?

There's also One Week Friends for those who like sweet happenings. Could end up being boring due to premise making it seem like it could feel too repetitive, but the first 2 episodes and the preview for the third seems to suggest they're trying their hardest for that not to happen. 

Why... why thank you! Would you like to be my master instead?

If I can change my avatar to Shintaro, can this be canon? =O

you don't have to if you don't want to

I'm not too sure about Friends. Seems like one worth giving a try, but the long list I have contributes to my hesitation. I don't have all the time in the world. @_@

If I can change my avatar to Shintaro, can this be canon? =O

you don't have to if you don't want to

I'm not too sure about Friends. Seems like one worth giving a try, but the long list I have contributes to my hesitation. I don't have all the time in the world. @_@

Haha... I'd say it's more if you're willing. 

And yeah, it's been neat so far but I'm still skeptical, just found it slightly worth noting.

On an unrelated note: I don't think I can wait another whole year for the 2nd season of the AoT anime. I've gotten pretty far into the manga to see a significant amount of potential hype, but unless I decide to continue reading it (unlikely, knowing me), I won't really know or care what happens next.

Thinking about reading the Jojo manga starting at Part 4, though. Very curious what the other Jojo's will be like. Seeing the first three was character overload for what I'm used to.

You know what, I didn't like the Kagerou Days manga much, if at all. Because of this I was pretty damn hesitant when approaching Mekakucity Actors(I like how they mash it together into Mekakucity, probably part of the reason why I gave in and finally watched it), but I have to say, that first episode was enjoyable. I grudgingly admit it was fun, but it was fun.

Hell, Ene who looks like Miku(and I know how much I don't like Miku, or vocaloids in general), I find myself liking her the most so far. Fucking SHAFT, you've done it again. I grudgingly admit this, Ene is cute as fuck. That voice and that choice of clotheswear.

Mekakucity Actors is fun.

On an unrelated note: I don't think I can wait another whole year for the 2nd season of the AoT anime. I've gotten pretty far into the manga to see a significant amount of potential hype, but unless I decide to continue reading it (unlikely, knowing me), I won't really know or care what happens next.

I don't think I would really know or care what happens next either, but I've only watched the first season and decided not to read the manga or watch the inevitable 2nd season.

You know what, I didn't like the Kagerou Days manga much, if at all. Because of this I was pretty damn hesitant when approaching Mekakucity Actors(I like how they mash it together into Mekakucity, probably part of the reason why I gave in and finally watched it), but I have to say, that first episode was enjoyable. I grudgingly admit it was fun, but it was fun.

Hell, Ene who looks like Miku(and I know how much I don't like Miku, or vocaloids in general), I find myself liking her the most so far. f***ing SHAFT, you've done it again. I grudgingly admit this, Ene is cute as f***. That voice and that choice of clotheswear.

Mekakucity Actors is fun.

It's weird because I don't really see it as much different than the manga besides the obvious things like having animation, voicing, music, and more Shaft-like visuals. But then again, those are reason enough, especially my Ene's voice.

I am a big fan of the manga though, but I was a fan of the whole Kagerou Project before I even started it. I think it's easier to like the anime and the manga if you were a fan before, pretty much only due to the songs, but I know it's not impossible otherwise. 

At a time, I was somewhat of a Vacaloid fan, but I never liked Miku either, it's so weird. I don't even listen to the Kagepro songs as Vocaloid songs anymore. It's either a really well done English cover, or if anything else, I'd probably go for Nico Nico covers or something. 100 man chorus Children Record.

I don't think I would really know or care what happens next either, but I've only watched the first season and decided not to read the manga or watch the inevitable 2nd season.

It's weird because I don't really see it as much different than the manga besides the obvious things like having animation, voicing, music, and more Shaft-like visuals. But then again, those are reason enough, especially my Ene's voice.

I am a big fan of the manga though, but I was a fan of the whole Kagerou Project before I even started it. I think it's easier to like the anime and the manga if you were a fan before, pretty much only due to the songs, but I know it's not impossible otherwise. 

At a time, I was somewhat of a Vacaloid fan, but I never liked Miku either, it's so weird. I don't even listen to the Kagepro songs as Vocaloid songs anymore. It's either a really well done English cover, or if anything else, I'd probably go for Nico Nico covers or something. 100 man chorus Children Record.

Well, I'm up for it, I'll check out some Kagerou stuff. Any other recommendations? Preferably utaites/nico covers because I actually like those. Don't like vocaloids' artificial-ish voice much, although that's not really my main complaint about them.

But yeah, not a fan of it at all, due to vocaloid relations, but damn, Mekakucity's good. It's probably partly due to Shaft visuals and presentation actually, because it reminded me of monogatari a lot. If I read the same scene in the manga with text boxes and normal backgrounds, probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Presentation does a lot to the content, after all.

Well, I'm up for it, I'll check out some Kagerou stuff. Any other recommendations? Preferably utaites/nico covers because I actually like those. Don't like vocaloids' artificial-ish voice much, although that's not really my main complaint about them.

But yeah, not a fan of it at all, due to vocaloid relations, but damn, Mekakucity's good. It's probably partly due to Shaft visuals and presentation actually, because it reminded me of monogatari a lot. If I read the same scene in the manga with text boxes and normal backgrounds, probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Presentation does a lot to the content, after all.

I think (although Ene's appearance probably has something to do with vocaloids) I don't like to consider it vocaloid related, as the only relation really is the fact that the creator used them for the songs so like, it isn't any closer to a vocaloid anime than Black Rock Shooter (although meh) is, for better or for worse (I say better in this case, or well, any case)

I didn't really mind it at first, but the artificial voices did take it's toll. If I had to say, I could never really get into how the fans were pretty much able to characterize the vocaloids in any way they wanted. That part of the whole thing really ended up as kinda annoying if anything. 

Other recommendations? If it's Nico covers and the like, or really any song, it could take a while, cause I haven't been listening to much more than anime OPs & EDs since I do more anime watching than anything. This season has Haikyuu.

I think (although Ene's appearance probably has something to do with vocaloids) I don't like to consider it vocaloid related, as the only relation really is the fact that the creator used them for the songs so like, it isn't any closer to a vocaloid anime than Black Rock Shooter (although meh) is, for better or for worse (I say better in this case, or well, any case)

I didn't really mind it at first, but the artificial voices did take it's toll. If I had to say, I could never really get into how the fans were pretty much able to characterize the vocaloids in any way they wanted. That part of the whole thing really ended up as kinda annoying if anything. 

Other recommendations? If it's Nico covers and the like, or really any song, it could take a while, cause I haven't been listening to much more than anime OPs & EDs since I do more anime watching than anything. This season has Haikyuu.

You got a point there. I'll search around then.

...Talking of Haikyuu, it's OP song is probably the weakest Spyair song I've ever heard. The ED is nice so I'm not complaining, but still....

ED's great yeah, but I thought the OP was still pretty nice *checks one of their other songs* This 0 Game thing was for like the Jap dub of The Amazing Spider-Man? Dang, even that's much better. Guess it takes someone actually mentioning the name of the band for me to try something out. Uh...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Piko! Just Piko. He's practically a real life trap, how fabulous he and his voice is. 

How is Bokura wa Minai, Nanana, Flag Breaks, World Still Beautiful, Irregular Magic Academy?

I glanced over the poster covers, but I haven't tried it out.

And Mekakucity/Haikyuu/Ishuukan/No Game No Life/Tonari no Seki-kun/Nisekoi/Black Bullet/Gochujin/Inugami to Nekoyama are pretty good, in my opinion.

EDIT: Btw, Loki, what's your sig from?

How is Bokura wa Minai, Nanana, Flag Breaks, World Still Beautiful, Irregular Magic Academy?

I glanced over the poster covers, but I haven't tried it out.

And Mekakucity/Haikyuu/Ishuukan/No Game No Life/Tonari no Seki-kun/Nisekoi/Black Bullet/Gochujin/Inugami to Nekoyama are pretty good, in my opinion.

EDIT: Btw, Loki, what's your sig from?

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - Cute and so far pretty good SoL. Frankly speaking the bookworm heroine annoys the hell out of me, but I won't deny she's cute.

Gaworare(Flag one) - Hope you like lolis because that artstyle is deliciously amazing. That aside, it's an interesting take on the concept of flags, and I hear it gets serious later.

Mahouka - Imouto character is nice, MC so far is bland as hell.

And hell yes Stardust Crusaders is good. Go watch the 2012 anime. DO NOT SKIP PARTS. FUCKING DON'T.

And yes Berserk is amazing.

Man I feel like we have two different convos going on at once xD I'd watch some more series this season but I'm so busy as it is....

Also, just going to mention it here since Aix mentioned it in the desktop thread. The Ghost in the Shell series is probably consistently my favorite series. My tastes tend to change but I always place it very high up all things considered. Probably my favorite series of all time in that regard.

No Game No Life is my favorite of the season.

Overall, it's a choice between Code Geass (not sure if nostalgia for first good anime ever watched, but I loved it), Monogatari and Steins;Gate (I gotta rewatch it some time, starting to fade) with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood coming behind.

Depending in how it shapes out (not done it yet), Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a powerful contender.

Also, just going to mention it here since Aix mentioned it in the desktop thread. The Ghost in the Shell series is probably consistently my favorite series. My tastes tend to change but I always place it very high up all things considered. Probably my favorite series of all time in that regard.

Mind telling me why I can't see a Recycle Bin? :o

For as long as I've known the Recycle Bin to exist I've always seen it on desktops, and when I got my new laptop recently I tried to see if there was some way I could take it off but... nope. I can zoom out my desktop but it still takes up space. An almost unnoticeable amount of space, but still. I know this has nothing to do with any such current topic, or really any topic that should be here, but still... can't think of anything actually about anime to say atm.

Well I right clicked and removed the icons from view. It usually resets so I just ignore it, but for the sake of the image I decided to hide it from view.

Thanks, I didn't even notice that until I asked and you answered.

Oh and guys, a short manga you all need to read right now if you haven't already, even if you don't read manga: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Watashitachi-no-Shiawase-na-Jikan

It's only 8 chapters (1 tankobon volume I think) but so beautiful.

I'll put it on my list. The thing is, if I read something that short it's generally just a oneshot, even though that has almost always been not a very good idea. I really should read this.

Archived