Akatsuki: We Need To Get Our Own Network Edition

Akatsuki Twitch Anime  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we watch first?

• Katanagatari
    • Berserk
    • Baka to Test
    • A Ghibli Movie (TBD)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Baka. I actually watched more than half (of first season) because I felt like doing at least that much but it actually got funny after the 4th episode, but then back to unfunny during the 8th. I thought this was supposed to be really hilarious? Why am I so different?! :(

[spoiler=Episode 1]
Well, I think it was kinda stupid that they couldn't try again in a situation like that, but that places them with some pretty awesome people. (although eventually it kind of explained that away and well, sure, that sounds about right)

One of the "they" that I was referring to was the pink haired girl, which is partly the reason why I never watched past episode 1 in the first place. Being an annoying airhead to me, even if she's obviosly a genius.

lol, saying died like it's a video game... because we all know no one really died, so I shouldn't really need to be saying this.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 2]
"Messes up my plans a little bit" 
"Everything is going according to plan."
It's nice to notice these unimportant little contradictions. Yeah, idk.

Yuri is best of intentions.

The hell? It's always so annoying when he says those things because besides chest size (though can definitely still look far from a guy with it like that, just look at Hideyoshi!), her looks are totally like a girl's, and personality really doesn't matter when it comes down to whether you're a boy or a girl, not funny at all. That's why I always have to smile when he gets beat up.

That thing where he was stuck to the table for almost the entire episode-
No, when Yuuji got 53 on an elemantary level test was the highlight of the episode. xD

Aw, No yuri. Well, except for awesome Miharu. <3[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 3]
Pointless fanservice jiggles. I'm all for fanservice as much as the next guy, but there are some things where I'm just... no. A large chest can be fine as long as it isn't ridiculous or doing pointless things like that. 

The one other thing I can really say is that I was stupid back when I only got around to watching the first episode. She's nowhere near an airhead, but she still annoys me in other ways.

This episode wasn't nearly as funny as the previous 2. Repeated some of the same jokes, and I could see that last bit coming a mile away.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 4]
Maybe she is an airhead. 

Miharu really saved this episode for me.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 5]
Miharu really saved this episode for me. Although not really, this one was plenty of funny.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 6]
The infamous "Hideyoshi changing room" (and bath)... honestly didn't feel all that funny to me.

Miha... yeah. Though I can't lie, it's gotten a lot funnier after the 4th episode, slow start, imo. 

That, and while I can't quite place it, I'm somehow feeling that even the episodes that are funny as hell are incredibly forgettable, not having the same impact as some other things for me, and so far... I've watched 8 episodes, 5 of which were either slightly funny or almost not funny at all. If I feel this way, I wonder if I should bother with the second season?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 7]
"Although you've got the wrong person, I do think it's admirable to stay faithful to one person for so long. So have pride in your dream. It won't lose to anyone else's. But only if you don't have the wrong person!" - Yuuji
One quote I find somewhat quotable. Also, this episode had me laughing the most and hardest yet.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Episode 8]
Geass...
I kind of recognize another parody they were doing with the girls' summons, but I can't really remember what it is because I have no real experience with it.
With these and other references, the episode ended up watchable, but I have to say it felt really boring. I cracked a smile when the summons lost on their own but the guys had to take those lessons, and when Miharu, but it was the most surprisingly unfunny episode yet.[/spoiler]

The humor is pretty cliche for comedies, I agree, but at least it pulls it off well for me. In either case, if I find myself enjoying even the slightest hint of humor, my brain turns off immediately to keep that stride going throughout.

But surely you guys like the Evangelion references in episode 8, right?

You people have no humor ;_;

I never watched Evangelion because it didn't look like my thing, and Fuse agreed that it probably wasn't. I still somewhat liked the Geass and Mario references. 

Guuuuyyyyssss, we should watch Katanagatari ouo

I really want to soon, but kinda feel like I should wait until at least next month myself. 

We should watch Naruto, without the fillers!

Eh, I'd definitely watch the fillers, so it's too lengthy for me.

BT

Village Hidden in Voluptuous Vinegar

I'd like to be here, as I have been in the other 3 ^^

Interesting that my logo for the club is still used! Feels like a tribute when I'm not here!

BRRRROOO BT WELCOME BACK MAN

AND YEAH WE'LL NEVER YOUR TRIBUTE TO THE CLUB MAN

I really want to soon, but kinda feel like I should wait until at least next month myself. 

I missed the last skype call ;_;

Plus I now have a whole week to kill

BRRRROOO BT WELCOME BACK MAN

AND YEAH WE'LL NEVER YOUR TRIBUTE TO THE CLUB MAN

Thanks for both the warm welcome and the tribute!

Also, I'm a little confused with the name of the club: Kunai>>Pen Edition?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks for both the warm welcome and the tribute!

Also, I'm a little confused with the name of the club: Kunai>>Pen Edition?

Can anyone explain?

Oh yeah like Sakura said I change it regularly, and right now the Pen and Sword club started up so Kunais (representing Naruto etc.) >> Pens

Dae

Village Hidden in Voluptuous Vinegar

Accepted

EDIT: Just realized we now have the Team 7 trio in the Village Hidden in the Cliche Hero Plot-no-Jutsu, as long as Thar = Naruto

Archived