Akatsuki: We Need To Get Our Own Network Edition

Akatsuki Twitch Anime  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we watch first?

• Katanagatari
    • Berserk
    • Baka to Test
    • A Ghibli Movie (TBD)

Which is Katana in the order (plot chrono)?

I've already seen BtT, I'm not fancying Berserk, and I already saw all the Ghiblis.

Oh for all who don't know, Katanagatari is an entirely different series from Monogatari.

Now that I realize that some people don't realize this, I suppose I'll do my sales pitch on Katanagatari.

Katanagatari is a samurai anime (so expect deaths to happen even to characters you might like). It is a story of two people travelling across a land that resembles feudal Japan, collection twelve legendary swords. Like Monogatari and Spice and Wolf (which it is quite similar to despite having a different author), it is very dialogue-heavy in the Monogatari style, but it does have at least one battle in each episode which are shonen-esque in nature - the different abilities the various characters display are quite ridiculous. It has a very unique art style and is done by White Fox, the same studio that brought to us Steins;Gate.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how much episodes are we planning to watch on just Friday alone? If I knew I could watch that much exactly, since I won't be there when you're Skyping.

Mostly because I keep forgetting what I use for it, so I don't want to use it just to forget again. Although, if I made something to do with Ene and/or Seira, I'd probably more likely remember, and I would also use a password I can actually remember, so think I should?

So how much episodes are we planning to watch on just Friday alone? If I knew I could watch that much exactly, since I won't be there when you're Skyping.

Mostly because I keep forgetting what I use for it, so I don't want to use it just to forget again. Although, if I made something to do with Ene and/or Seira, I'd probably more likely remember, and I would also use a password I can actually remember, so think I should?

Yeah, that'd be good.

I dunno how many we'll watch, we'll see.

Upon not having looked at this thread for like 10 pages-

This is basically about some random anime now. Whatever happened to that one work this club was about... and why has this not merged with anime and sometimes manga club?

It's always been:

[b]Acknowledge that you've followed Naruto at some point and discuss anime/manga in general. TOTALLY COOLER THAN THE ANIME AND MANGA CLUB.[/b]
:O

I have a reason

See

Mugen

This club has been around way longer than that club, even if it was a previous reincarnation.

In those clubs you can clearly see, at least in mine, the directly previous one, that it states this club is to talk about naruto, and anime and manga in general.

Because back then there wasnt really a club for that, and the Akatsuki did well.

It wasnt just FOR naruto fans.

The fact that the other club exists does not wholly invalidate this one existing, moreso because theres different groups of people.

For example, Im not in the anime and sometimes manga club.

And Im sure some here are not there either.

And vice versa.

But I digress.

This club has been stated to contain more than just Naruto, and if it got the okay-to-not-lock, I dont see why it would now, especially when the OP states, albeit rather unprofessionally, that we focus on more than just Naruto.

It certainly does say so and I did approve of it and whatnot, but it still really bothers me that there are two threads for basically the exact same thing.

We were planning a whole streaming anime project and everything =/

And this club is a bit more active. With a more loyal fanbase.

We also discuss visual novels. Should be added to OP.

Added. Didn't think this response merited a new post xD

It certainly does say so and I did approve of it and whatnot, but it still really bothers me that there are two threads for basically the exact same thing.

Well too bad for the other club, that we exist then XP

We're more awesome, and they havent had a post for 3 days

Though I guess that is rather commonplace these days, for C&O

XD

Just so you guys know I probably wont be around...no wait I WONT be around...XD

But have fun :DD

8 GMT would be a good time to gather for me. Will everyone be online tomorrow at that time?

Well I should definitely be able to create that Skype account, my internet went out for unknown reasons so yeah. (I know it couldn't have been not payment/a storm, so I just don't know here)

EDIT: I put my name as both of what I said... but Skype name as rockidolseira

Well too bad for the other club, that we exist then XP

We're more awesome, and they havent had a post for 3 days

Though I guess that is rather commonplace these days, for C&O

Yeah it was mostly because Desu won't aknowledge Naruto or something. Or actually, when I made it, both the previous one of this and his Desu Made an Anime Club and it's Okay thing died and I kind of figured that it would be similar to activity as when his club started dying so well... I totally get it, and kind of have to agree this one is more awesome, and until the Anime and Sometimes Manga Club dies, which will probably be soon, it just won't be as active. It wasn't as active even before this was made, so I think that makes this a little less of a problem. 

8 GMT would be a good time to gather for me. Will everyone be online tomorrow at that time?

Hrm, that's an awkward time for me. That's 4 PM EDT, so I'll JUST be leaving class and driving until 4:30. I'll be sure to jump in as soon as possible.

I'm really excited, tough. I haven't seen Baka and Test in so long.

I'm not gonna be able to do the Skype thing, I have to take it easy on the internet for the rest of the month, which I have to be connected to to use Skype for what may be a few hours. After this month I'm gonna have unlimited (should have totally before though), so I can definitely try.

I'll still watch at least half the first season today since I already downloaded it and get back online once I fully figure out my thoughts, or something.

Archived