[Sakura Contest Series 3] Zodiac Contest (Judging Finished / Awards Phase)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler='here's my entry']

slwlmJj.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can activate this effect; detach up to 2 Xyz Materials from monsters on either side of the field, then this card gains 300 ATK for each. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. When all Xyz Materials are detached from this card: Target 1 Xyz Monster on the field; destroy that target.

[/spoiler]

OK, noting that on main post.

(For the purposes of categorizing it by the animal it corresponds to on that cycle, since a lot of theories about it exist [that it's part dragon / part unicorn], I'll just mark it as both [Dragon/Horse].)

Reason why I'm noting the animals you chose is b/c the winners will have the kanji for that animal on their awards.

pKqgECA.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. During your Main Phase, you can destroy this face-up card you control; destroy cards on the field, up to the number of Reptile-type monsters in your Graveyard, except "Comet Cobra". You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect.

My entry.

[spoiler='My Entry']

nSo7bUE.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can draw 1 card. You cannot add a card(s) from your Deck to your hand for the rest of this turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Gain 300 Life Points for each card in your hand. You can only use this effect of "Sacred Unicorn" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

TigerRevial.jpg

When a Beast-Type "Tiger" monster is banished, you can Special Summon this card from the Graverard, then Special Summon all Beast-Type "Tiger" monsters that are removed from play. They are destroyed during the End Phase of this  turn.

You can send this card to the Graveyard to target 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card in the field: destroy that target.

I'll give this a shot.

[spoiler=entry]iK2RjGB.jpg

This card is unaffected by any effects that would raise its ATK or DEF. Once per turn, when you declare an attack: You can increase the attacking monster's ATK by 700; return that monster to your hand at the end of the damage step. When this card attacks: You can discard a monster from your hand; deal 700 damage to your opponent and return this monster to your hand at the end of the damage step. If the discarded monster was returned to your hand by this card's effect, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) Only 1 "Wukong the Storm Ape" can be on the field at a time.[/spoiler]

VhxLIJu.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) when your opponent Summons 2 or more times during their turn. This card gains 300 ATK for each card your opponent Summons during the turn this card is Summoned. When your opponent declares an attack: You may Special Summon 1 "Monkey Soldier Token" (Beast-Warrior-Type/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 800/DEF 500) to your side of the field, in Attack Position; The attacking monster must attack this token instead.

A lot of people just post it straight out. (Others would like to see it, so they know what their entries are going against)

Makes it easier for people to grade in the event they can't open spoiler tags.

I also asked you guys to post your card effect underneath even if readable so easier for us. In a previous contest, Scary deducted points off members for not posting it (it's a pain to fix OCG when it has to be manually typed)

Yeah, you're fine.

Though in the future (this applies for all of you), if you remove the spoilers, you don't have to tell me.

As a heads-up, although I don't foresee myself being busy when cards are due, but if I do have any midterm exams or papers I have to write for college, I may post scores before deadline. Hopefully this doesn't occur, but just so we're on the same page and you aren't shocked to see your scores up at an earlier date.

So, I thought about this for a little while, and I came up with this:

6jZPqO1.jpg

Lore: When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Zodiac Rats" in face-up Defense Position from your Deck, and inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each "Zodiac Rat" Special Summoned this way.

Just a simple card, as I'm pretty good at making those~

Archived