[Sakura Contest Series 3] Zodiac Contest (Judging Finished / Awards Phase)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated my scoresheet with Kirito.
Needless to say I was rather disappointed.

For that last entry, it's unlikely those two will show up so for now, assume these are all entries that got submitted.
(Should summate the competitor's scores already, so it's easier to calculate final scores and award prizes accordingly)

Wrote all the scores in Excel/OpenOffice, because it's going to be tedious punching all your scores into a calculator one-by-one. I'll post the final scores (with Ain's stuff) when she gets through with grading. (There are around 45 min left for those who want to enter last minute)

Theoretically, Ain still has to submit her scoring so your final scores aren't fully complete.

@Orlannis: Last time I checked, you did relatively well [though I need to check the Excel sheet to sum up score]. EDIT: You ranked somewhere near the middle.

As the scores stand now, here are the ranks. (If Ain is still grading, the places are subject to change)

1st - Aqua and Hikari (56)

2nd - Fraxure (55)

3rd - RampageXWolf (54.5)

I kinda figured as much, Ain.

It's understandable if you had to drop. (You can just give numerical marks and just elaborate if people request it, but not going to pressure you.)

Or to translate stuff, since I'm GMT -10 (you're 17 hours ahead of me); if I don't see your scores by 1 AM tomorrow my time [given I'm up late usually, I might see it]; you dropped.

I won't distribute the awards and stuff until that's confirmed. Until then, just assume that the placing I wrote earlier is true (I forgot to put the 4th place winner since I remembered adding one; you guys can probably figure out what place you're in by summating your scores from Scary and I)

Agro

BU: 10

CC: 9

Total: 19

-Aqua-

BU: 12

CC: 13

Total: 25

Rocket Man

CC: 10

Total: 20

Hikari-chan

BU: 14

CC: 12

Total: 26

Frozen_Heart

BU: 8

CC: 8

O: Second effect is really vague about from where you sent the card to the graveyard, and it’s kinda really vital. -1 for that.

Total: 15

Thar

CC: 14

TwistedFlameApe

BU: 11

Total: 24

ButtletTheSlayer

BU: 7

CC: 7

Total: 14

OpticalGalaxyStar

Total: 21

WolfFan16

BU: 9

CC: 11

Total: 20

chiagirl

BU: 7 (uhh…why?)

CC: 8

Total: 15

Blue Amoonguss

BU: 8 (yay, a far more accessible Black Rose!)

Total: 18

Fraxure

CC: 15

Total: 27

Orlannis

InsaneRoyalty

BU: 13 (Really playable with Obedience being a thing, But summoning from the deck with almost no cost is something to be wary of.)

CC: 11

Doc Stein/Teddie

NerdBoy

Zanbaku

BU: 12 (Quite interesting, but kinda hard to get out)

O: Second effect is quite vague, actually. What if you didn’t detach any tuners? And if you still can perform a Synchro Summon that way, it’ll lead to maaaaaaaaaaaany other abuses as the card simply ignored the summoning condition of the synchros. Quite unsure about this. So I think I won’t give a minus.

josholche

BU: 13 (Sylvan tuners are nice, but the potential of abuse are really ridiculous. Need a hard OPT clause in my opinion)

CC: 11 (Basic Sylvan stuff, but at least the first effect is quite interesting since it can be used in many ways.)

afunworm

BU: 7 (uh…why would anyone even summon this over Chidori? Also, use Mistake before using this.)

CC: 9 (Granted, the effects are quite interesting, but could’ve been executed waay better.)

Total: 16

Dyson Sphere

BU: 13

Total: 25

Akiyuri

Toxic Sandstorm

RampageXWolf

BU: 14

Total: 27

willow12

BU: 10 (Not really a balanced card, but it’s really usable)

Total: 22

Shamrock_Frost

BU: 7

Total: 16

EPTinYugi

Total: 23

LilHarp

Total: 21

Raviel

- Shin -

Total: 23

Kirito-san

BU: 5

CC: 7

Total: 12

Well....

Didn't expect that many monkeys and sheeps tbh.

I agree.

A lot of monkeys were derived from Sun Wukong (well Thar and Toxic's ones anyway). Only Agro did a Dragon and Zanbaku was the only one brave enough to try the new Genryuu-Type. But that aside, the grading's over; now to add up everything and bring this to a close.

Unfortunately I'm on my netbook and do not have the Excel file with the summation of your scores; when I get back after homework, I'll sum them all up and award prizes within a day or so.

Overall, everything went pretty well. I did not anticipate having a lot of people joining this contest, but that's a good thing because it makes the competition fun.

EDIT: Here are the final scores.

1st place – Hikari-chan and Fraxure – 82 points

2nd place – RampageXWolf – 81.5 points

3rd place – Aqua – 81 points

4th place – Dyson Sphere and Thar – 78 points.

Since I know Ain and myself are busy (and possibly Scary) with real life matters, I'm not going to do any tiebreaker stuff with the winners and am just going to award the prizes as normal. 

I'd like to post ALL of your scores in text form, since since there are a lot of you; I'll just post a screenshot of your scores from Excel.

biqtxj.jpg

The Prizes:

Just right-click your mouse for the URL; no need to re-upload it elsewhere.

vwss20.jpg

a4wjfc.jpg

2e1w35y.jpg

2u8x8bt.jpg

339njh3.jpg

2hqwf3p.jpg

Your reps will be given at the conclusion of this post.

So Fraxure/Hikari both receive 3 reps

RampagexWolf gets 2

Aqua gets 1.

Sorry Thar/Dyson, being 4th place means that you don't receive reps (but you do get a nice GFX award though).

Anyway, thanks to all of you for entering and congrats to all the winners. (And of course, thanks to Ain and Scary for judging this again)

If there are some last words, say them now because I'll be self-locking this in a while. (If I forgot to give you all reps that were promised, let me know)

Archived