Elemental Hero Shadow Mist

Wow. Just wow. 
They managed to make a HERO that fits equally well in Hero/Bubble beat and Mali.dek? The effect is so ridiculously easy to trigger too.

I knew they would make a decent Stratos replacement, but this is a lot more than I bargained for!

Between this card and Form Change's art, I think we're getting Dark Law.

And man, Mathematician HEROs...

Actually, Grepher and Armageddon Knight will probably still outclass Mathematician because they are searchable, Level 4, DARK and can pitch Malicious.

Seems a little better and a little bit worse than Stratos actually.

It's not really a card you wanna draw, since you'd probably rather pitch it with Armageddon Knight or Dark Grepher, but in a pinch you can set it, lose the monster, and get the search.

Dark Eruption seems like a good choice, not to pick this card back up but to reclaim fallen Armageddon Knights. And yeah, when you need it pick up this card again.

Probably gonna use it with D-Heroes too, so D-Draw and Diamond Dude and stuff like that. Plaguespreader Zombie and Malicious for the Synchroing. Then Dark Armed Dragon for game. Typical Tele-DAD stuff.

So why do I think it's better? 'Cause it's dark and you can pick it back up and use it multiple times and it's got a lot more support. But it's worse because you can't really just splash it into your 59 card E-Hero deck that mains one of each E-Hero and Hero Barrier. It's easy to tech Stratos into any random deck that has Heroes in it, but you have to actually think a bit more to use it now. But the strategies it does open up now are better. (Chaos for those Neos Alius builds)

tl;dr - It's better and worse. Less splashable and needs more thought, but yields bigger rewards if you do it right.

So from what I've seen there have been 2 instances of YCMembers trying to retrain the manga Shadow Mist. Let's see how they did...

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
[DARK / Warrior / Effect / Level 4]
You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster. When you do this, the other Fusion Material Monster(s) must be the correct one(s). Once per turn, you can change the Attribute of this monster.
[ATK: 1000 / DEF: 1500]

Whelp. Completely off. Nothing to see here. Nothing to do with anything.

Next is... oh, me...

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
DARK / Level 4
[ Aqua / Effect ]
When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 banished "HERO" monster; Special summon the targeted monster.
ATK / 1000 DEF / 1500

Well... I got the "When this card is sent to the Graveyard" part basically right!

And everything else about the effect wrong...

Am glad they finally made and the second effect is alright, but still the first part of the effect should of added the use of adding "Ploymerization" since it would allow people to use the 2 different fusion sets for HERO...

* Change for Mask's
* Poly for Omni HERO

Still seeing this and the fact the deck and this card supports masked HERO's I hope we see at least (in opinion) Masked HERO's Gust and Rekka (possibly remade as E-HERO) as the one important thing E-HERO's lack for card pool is a Wind level 4 Warrior-Type HERO (Since Stratos stays banned by this cards existence) and a Fire level 4 Warrior-Type HERO (Since Heat type is pyro.)

This is more so due to how these would fit well with Type related cards a.k.a Rota, Battle Guard Rage, H.C. Excalibur and Blade Ninja. In addition would work as perfect attribute cards for making Nova Master and Great Tornado ourselves if need be (knowing this means we can make Escuridao ourselves without the need of Necroshade and the fact that people will run decks that lack attributes for you to make certain Fusion Monsters with Super Poly which would be a problem if you need to make said monsters.)

If we get Dark Law since it's the one Masked HERO extra deck monster from the manga not released you could summon this, grab mask change and set it, opponents turn summon Dark Law and search a HERO for your next turn.

But we may not get Dark Law which would be sad.

If we get Dark Law since it's the one Masked HERO extra deck monster from the manga not released you could summon this, grab mask change and set it, opponents turn summon Dark Law and search a HERO for your next turn.

But we may not get Dark Law which would be sad.

Its still Possible though as far as the information states we still have 1 monster left to be revealed in the Extra Deck other 4 being...
E-HERO Gaia
C-HERO Chaos
M-HERO Acid
M-HERO Kouga

And C-HERO appears to be to be level 9, and Gaia is 6 so you can't form change them with the Masked HEROs in the deck which are 8. Giving us Dark Law which is 6 (in the manga) would allow us to form change Gaia. Though you could use form change to switch between Kouga, and Acid so they may not...

Just close your blinds.

I figured they'd eventually do something Stratos-y with another HERO. They love their archetype searchers.

Sorry but the first line I'm not sure what it means. Either my English has limitations or IDK....

And I did too. Japan loves their HERO decks too much to not update them eventually after the Stratos hit and the deck turning out to not see spotlight afterwards.

Thinking about it now this could be quite an expansion of new cards as the new card(s) count for this deck could possibly be 8 (3 New Extra Deck: 3/2 New Monsters: 1/2 New Spell: 1 New Trap) as I recall the BEWD Deck having 6 since they had 3 new Monsters, 2 new Spells and 1 new Trap because of Azure Eyes.

Still this is just me Hoping on more E-HERO Monsters.

We've still got 1 extra deck monster, and the rest of the main deck to be revealed. We already have 4 new cards, so we might only get 1-2 more. I'm hoping for Masked HERO Dark Law since the manga version is level 6, and that would allow you to use Form change on Gaia straight from the box.

FINALLY, after all those years of waiting - they have completed the Elemental HEROes!

Now, they MUST realese all Vision HEROes and all Masked HEROes....

Also, I'm a little worried about what they are planning to do with the HEROes after I saw this Chaos HERO card....

Still kinda sucks that they are not getting the HEROes into the new generations of Synchro and Xyz Summoning, guess that this is our (the card makers) job lol

HEROs are the premiere Fusion deck. Even their "non-fusion" extra deck monsters are fusions. I personally don't want them to be anything but, since that is the central part of their theme. Yes cyber dragons got Cyber Dragon Nova and they were a fusion deck, but they didn't already have the sub-theme that HEROs do with Masked HEROs.

The main deck Vision HEROs from the manga would be kinda odd to translate into the card game. They don't seem to play too well with other HEROs that aren't Vision. Though they made Masked HEROs work for the most part, so it's possible.

FINALLY, after all those years of waiting - they have completed the Elemental HEROes!
Now, they MUST realese all Vision HEROes and all Masked HEROes....
Also, I'm a little worried about what they are planning to do with the HEROes after I saw this Chaos HERO card....
Still kinda sucks that they are not getting the HEROes into the new generations of Synchro and Xyz Summoning, guess that this is our (the card makers) job lol

They are retaining the main deck masked heroes to e heroes

Where do you see that? Shadow Mist was an E-hero already, and none of the main deck Masked HEROs have ever been released, or revealed.

Still with the fact that we at least have the Extra Deck Masked Heroes its still a possibility for attribute coverage. Also it goes to question how Shadow Mist was ever related to masked heroes to begin with, since the card itself now supports them since originally it was used as a Fusion Material to summon Escuridao in the manga.

Shadow Mist wasn't related to Masked HEROs at all. It seems they just added on the masked HERO support effect for seemingly no reason, as it's effect was never shown in the manga.

And honestly I'd sooner believe they'd release the main deck Masked HEROs as general HERO support than changing their Archetype. They left Vision HEROs as Vision HEROs.

Archived