[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

You realize you're asking people to basically pay money to be mods right? That's just silly. Even if it's just a little.

Anyway, there would be issues with getting these prizes to people, especially since people here are from all over the world.

I think it's better for members to treat card making as a thing they do for fun, or you might end up with more jerks and butt-hurt people than there all ready are.

Just my two cents, take it as you will.

No im not lol... i was just giving them a suggestion lol, jeez, 

if they want their forum to be attracted by other members from other forums than having some kind of prize support would help, im not asking that they would give up like their daily wage/ or whatever they get, 

Your making it sound like USA or wherever is a world 3 country, and that you have to work 14 hours a day for 6 days a week,

Your also making it sound like this has to happen every week, it could happen like once a year for all i care,

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No im not lol... i was just giving them a suggestion lol, jeez, 

if they want their forum to be attracted by other members from other forums than having some kind of prize support would help, im not asking that they would give up like their daily wage/ or whatever they get, 

Your making it sound like USA or wherever is a world 3 country, and that you have to work 14 hours a day for 6 days a week,

Your also making it sound like this has to happen every week, it could happen like once a year for all i care,

Yes, a suggestion for them to use their money, that's...I mean that's clearly what you said but okay.

And I already pointed out problems that could occur from that. More members isn't always good when it's just members here to make money/cards.

And no, I'm not. But I don't think they should have to give money either way.

As established at the start of this thread, this isn't the place for Comments or Suggestions. Such an idea goes there, not here.

As I tend to note in both forums and real-life, it's not always WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. Every time you mention mods putting their own money into the idea, you support it with a comment that comes off as condescending.

"Like will the mods be really that broke that they get tp miss out on 1 mcdonalds meal"

"Theu got the "privalage" to run and mod a forum so sparing some money wont hurt them, theres 3 of them and a tin as a 1st place prize would be fine"

"... but if wasteing a bit of changemis a lot then ok"

Mods have no obligation whatsoever to put their own money into supporting contests. Being a mod is not a job we get paid for. The forum's activity is not padding our bankroll. Giving away our own money, and receiving no benefit for it whatsoever, but possibly receiving a massive hassle that comes from prize support and shipping to various locations of the country is simply NOT WORTH IT. This is also why mods don't act as a middleman for trades, even though some other forums might.

dear mr. monkey

will you sing me the song of your people?

from,

birdie

Giving away our own money, and receiving no benefit for it whatsoever, but possibly receiving a massive hassle that comes from prize support and shipping to various locations of the country

lmao, good job

also why all the circlejerking around serious tags, forum literally has no rules, [Serious] is just 9 more characters in the title

there's nothing even left to ask, mods aren't that interesting cept for like a few people

no night you're not one of the few people

Why is post count disabled at all for sections other than games and misc?
Just curious. I mean iirc it's only like two other sections

I think it's Introductions, Games and Misc

Basically something along the lines of posts in these sections have no substance, rates, "hi"s and random spam apparently shouldn't count towards post count.

Which is stupid in itself because post count does absolutely nothing. No, people, internet points don't matter.

I think it's Introductions, Games and Misc

Basically something along the lines of posts in these sections have no substance, rates, "hi"s and random spam apparently shouldn't count towards post count.

Which is stupid in itself because post count does absolutely nothing. No, people, internet points don't matter.

I think think RPs and clubs had something hit too.

I mean things like RPs and clubs take time and effort to make. Hell the count doesn't matter but still.

Actually the count does matter a little.

To get six stars, you need /5000/ posts. That doesn't happen a lot nowadays since so many sections are non-post count and YCM doesn't have the most activity in general. 

For getting six stars, you get a shortened time between name changes and custom backgrounds for your page. Both of those are pretty useful things considering how useless most other ranks are. The only other one that gives you anything, is like, rank 2/3 letting you change your member title.

Yet, because I didn't spam posts when C/O were allowed to have post counted, I am very unlikely to ever reach 5000 posts just because YCM isn't that active anymore.

I'm not the only one in that boat, Hina and I talked about it a while back and Black agreed with me, we all think 5000 posts is way too high considering YCM isn't what it used to be. C/O was the main place getting posts in the past, and now that has been turned off.

It's a little silly.

To get six stars, you need /5000/ posts. That doesn't happen a lot nowadays since so many sections are non-post count and YCM doesn't have the most activity in general. 

For getting six stars, you get a shortened time between name changes and custom backgrounds for your page. Both of those are pretty useful things considering how useless most other ranks are. The only other one that gives you anything, is like, rank 2/3 letting you change your member title.

Yet, because I didn't spam posts when C/O were allowed to have post counted, I am very unlikely to ever reach 5000 posts just because YCM isn't that active anymore.

I'm not the only one in that boat, Hina and I talked about it a while back and Black agreed with me, we all think 5000 posts is way too high considering YCM isn't what it used to be. C/O was the main place getting posts in the past, and now that has been turned off.

It's a little silly.

Nailed it.

But wait doesn't YGO have 12 stars

It's a little silly.

So mods: can I haz my 6 stars?

Archived