[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this maid thing I began to wonder.

How much power do you guys have?

Super Mods are admins. Basically can do anything YCMaker can, except access the servers and backups.

Mods have considerably less power, and can ban, warn, move topics, hide topics, etc., etc., all the stuff you see us usually doing.

And special permissions can be granted to mods.

Super Mods are admins. Basically can do anything YCMaker can, except access the servers and backups.

Mods have considerably less power, and can ban, warn, move topics, hide topics, etc., etc., all the stuff you see us usually doing.

And special permissions can be granted to mods.

Hey! Why can't you leave it to his imagination like I did? ;~;

Not that I've heard of; maybe in the past.

As for any plans, I think Striker, Saber and I are still working on a rehab project for Custom Cards (mostly for RC, since that's the main one that needs to be fixed; though it has been improving). Pop Culture's already been raised to near-RC standards (we don't mind you making cards, but just that you should put serious thought into their design); next is enforcing the new quality standards, as there's a limit to how long we're putting up with blatantly OPed cards based on some multimedia characters. Most members are adapting to the new standards that have been set throughout the entirety of CC; a few still aren't (but that's to be expected).

RC improvement ideas are still being worked on though, but as mentioned earlier, things are better than they were a couple months ago. (There's still room to improve)

For reference, Zextra is still part of the CC staff, but given his inactivity lately, the three of us have had to do things on our own for the time being.

why dont you guys have booster packs and those sort of prizes for card comtests and other stuff,
Like will the mods be really that broke that they get tp miss out on 1 mcdonalds meal

I probably shouldn't take this question remotely seriously, but mods don't run contests, or prize support for them. Also, the sheer difficulty and unreliability of getting real-life products to various parts of the country/world would be a massive pain, not to mention pricey.

Like they run forum etc they could just add a few dollers and would have a decent prize pool,
Theu got the "privalage" to run and mod a forum so sparing some money wont hurt them, theres 3 of them and a tin as a 1st place prize would be fine, they could also sort of advertise to a few other forums lkke reddit ehich could attract some users
It can be done in usa/canada only since its from where most people are, or it could be like a dn donation code if you are else where

Im not sure why you wouldnt take it seriously

Mods used to run contests. Darth ran contests with name changes and huge prize pools and it got the CC forum ignited. I also remember some contest that had an actual prize pool of like 5 packs that may have been run by YCMaker

Ahem. *points to the Leaderboard* Granted, I still need to renew my judging credemtials for regular contests.

Mods used to run contests.  Darth ran contests with name changes and huge prize pools and it got the CC forum ignited.  I also remember some contest that had an actual prize pool of like 5 packs that may have been run by YCMaker

Yeh i remember the one by ycmaker but that was just to share in facebook to promote ycm a bit
I alsp remember thr print out a card achievement and twitter achievement

Like they run forum etc they could just add a few dollers and would have a decent prize pool,
Theu got the "privalage" to run and mod a forum so sparing some money wont hurt them, theres 3 of them and a tin as a 1st place prize would be fine, they could also sort of advertise to a few other forums lkke reddit ehich could attract some users
It can be done in usa/canada only since its from where most people are, or it could be like a dn donation code if you are else where

Im not sure why you wouldnt take it seriously

Being given the power to moderate the forum does not require mods to consider using their own money for any purpose. Being a mod is not a paid position.

This seems like more of an idea to put in Comments and Suggestions, anyway.

Mods used to run contests.  Darth ran contests with name changes and huge prize pools and it got the CC forum ignited.  I also remember some contest that had an actual prize pool of like 5 packs that may have been run by YCMaker

Technically, I'm hosting SCS 6 right now; though it runs the same as they did before I got promoted. There are prizes, but only related to here (prize pools, GFX prizes and some other things). Same with Striker's Leaderboard; neither of us are using real life funds for prizes; especially with the shipping to other countries/states. Night has that SOTW thing going, but I don't see him offering his own money to the winner.

As evilfusion already mentioned, just because we're responsible for moderating the forum doesn't imply we have to use our own money to fund prizes for creating award-winning GFX or cards on this site. If you're referring to our points here, then yeah, it's something that we can spare a couple thousand of or something. Or in terms of packs, we could just design you a picture for it with GIMP/PS or something, but not actually buy 5 or something packs of PRIO or w/e. 

Ok whatever, was just giving an idea so their forum was more active and could possibly attract more membrs, but if wasteing a bit of changemis a lot then ok

You realize you're asking people to basically pay money to be mods right? That's just silly. Even if it's just a little.

Anyway, there would be issues with getting these prizes to people, especially since people here are from all over the world.

I think it's better for members to treat card making as a thing they do for fun, or you might end up with more jerks and butt-hurt people than there all ready are.

Just my two cents, take it as you will.

Archived