[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

Rodrigo is unforgivable.

His initial ban was wrong, done by Crab to cover up Frunk's antagonizing of J-Max...

But then he hijacked a damage control account, posted a long ass rant, and basically said "fuck all the mods and trololololol"

If he hadn't done that he'd deserve being back.

As it stands, only Welche deserved to be unperma'd. And he's not even on his real account.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodrigo is unforgivable.

His initial ban was wrong, done by Crab to cover up Frunk's antagonizing of J-Max...

But then he hijacked a damage control account, posted a long ass rant, and basically said "fuck all the mods and trololololol"

If he hadn't done that he'd deserve being back.

As it stands, only Welche deserved to be unperma'd. And he's not even on his real account.

It should be noted that the initial ban was back in the days when Crab, Pika, and maybe one other mod (memory foggy) more or less ran the show, and the other mods just chipped in their thoughts.

But yeah, the drama killed my sympathy for him, and I do remember the mods completely flipping out about the D-Control thing.

It should be noted that the initial ban was back in the days when Crab, Pika, and maybe one other mod (memory foggy) more or less ran the show, and the other mods just chipped in their thoughts.

But yeah, the drama killed my sympathy for him, and I do remember the mods completely flipping out about the D-Control thing.

Well, we did manage to get Kitty off the block. Rodrigo would have been a matter of time, but Crab was cleaning up Frunk and Rodrigo freaked out too fast. I was actually active in getting Frunk stripped for the bullshit he pulled with J-Max, but tings calmed down until Crab and later Pika hijacked YCMaker.

Remember Pika as well, don't remember another mod controlling anything.

No idea how it happened in that case, but once I gave my account pass to Jesse when I first got banned because I didn't understand the message.  Then a month later when I was unbanned Jesse got on it before I had the chance to change my password and gave the pass to Ser and Byakk too.  I'm sure that's not what we're talking about though.

I think Crab was she tested whether Admin accounts can get banned.

They can. Much amusement was had.

Pika managed to actually access Admin powers, ending the age of mods being literally unable to change anything without the Admin (however, we were then completely reliant on her). Before she retired, we used those powers to set up the Super Mod system we have now. It's a more balanced system in the sense that we don't need one specific person to do anything.

Would you trust a serial killer who's said "I've changed" to run a country or hold any position of power?
It's not that he doesn't think people don't change but that the risk far out weighs the benefit.
Also there are plenty of candidates for mod ship who aren't/weren't banned that I'm pretty sure would get priority if that makes sense.

itt welche is a serial killer LOL

Do you want warning points or something

This is the misc section and i thought that convo was pretty weird considering they were using those kind of examples,
Like honestly people can change, and welche didnt deserve to be banned and i doubt he would be any worse of a mod than most other mods,
Also to that example that evilfusion posted, that they could abuse member names etc, dont some mods do it anyway, ive seen memebers whose names got changed twenty times in a day which was obv a mod messing with them, they have also changed multiple peoples rep and point counts etc,
Im also going to be honest but the day i got permad i honestly didnt do anything other than be in an msn chat with someone who was making a lot of alts and posting stuff, just like welche and i know this wont change anything and i dont need anything to be changed, as long as im unbanned for the small time that i have (dogking forever alone) and i can post in these sections im happy,

Also to that example that evilfusion posted, that they could abuse member names etc, dont some mods do it anyway, ive seen memebers whose names got changed twenty times in a day which was obv a mod messing with them, they have also changed multiple peoples rep and point counts etc,

Im also going to be honest but the day i got permad i honestly didnt do anything other than be in an msn chat with someone who was making a lot of alts and posting stuff, just like welche and i know this wont change anything and i dont need anything to be changed, as long as im unbanned for the small time that i have (dogking forever alone) and i can post in these sections im happy,

Yes, that was Yankee. I got rather annoyed with him over that and actually removed his ability to edit member names from then on.

The Great Purge didn't require you to have done anything AT THAT MOMENT. It was a decisive strike against the group of members who constantly acted out, received innumerable warns and bans, and still refused to change their behaviors. They were already known to be friends among each other, and frequently made alts. You should already know that part of the history. Some were worse than others, but the persistent misconduct was consistent for almost all of them, with the exception of Welche, who was always just more annoying than trolly.

Welche wasn't even banned at the same time as the others, but some time later and for what is now clear to have been unjustified.

Even so I dont think I was worthy a perma ban, I know I used to spam a good amount at a certain time period when imo my personality started to,change but a lot of the time I did post useful stuff and suggestions and I was pretty active for tcg etc, I also was very active in clubs and even before that,i was active in custom cards,
Most of the spam was mainly when a new member posted that old solemn judgment is bad topic etc but didnt 90% of the tcg do that anyway,
Maybe I was worthy of a ban at the time but not one forever because I did contribute to ycm in one way or another,
I also am quite grateful for ycm as I did join when I,was young (just had turned 11) and english isnt my native language and I think writing and reading jere helped me out a lot,
I also probably spam now a bit without realising but I think that might change over the years (if I dont get banned again)

oh wow that's very insightful

tell me, how often does this purge happen

and why doesn't everyone on ycm get mod powers and nothing becomes illegal for 24 hours while it occurs

where is the ycm kitchen

these are important questions

Archived