[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested lowering it but the other guys shot me down ;-;

I tried to come up with a good way to word it for a suggestion, but I took a break from YCM before I finished.

Don't worry Aix, you were in the right. :'<

@Welche: It shouldn't be near impossible either. The active parts of the forum have post count disabled. Anywhere else would take forever to get enough posts. It's just a bit silly as is now.

iirc it had something to do with the title of "Senior Member" having to be earned.

Then again look at this baka right above. Still not a senoir member despite his actually good job as a mod.

We could do with lowering it it honestly, but not too low.

I believe 5k was actually associated with Legendary Member while 1k was Senior. IMO it actually lost it's meaning for a while but now it is legit again.

I don't see why 3000~ posts can't be good enough? Maybe 3500?

It still requires devotion to the site, just not overly fervent devotion.

3000 sounds like a good number to me.

Now the question: why is there a damn goose in my ycm

the days of birdie have striker as a mod.

still feel like defending them

see now that i am the ruler of the days

i declare striker to be demoted

and it was good

hindsight is 20/20 i coulda prevented striker, but i seriously did not think you all would consider him seriously.

Question question wanna stay on topic so question....Um....How is it decided which sections people will mod? As in, who and how many..

It depends on when there's an opening. In my case, the previous Your Deck mod had left for RL reasons or something, so when I was decided upon, that was my section. When Pika left, I took her section as well because I already frequented the section and often did moderation duties there anyway, so there wasn't a need for a new mod for it.

How candidates are selected varies, whether it be member nominations, recommendations, whatever. Then the entire mod team can debate the merits of each candidate, though admittedly a portion never really weighs in, either due to indifference or not knowing the member/section well enough to judge. We usually look at things like how active the member is, their knowledge base of the section, their attitude or temperament, etc.

Generally speaking, mods are moderating sections they have personal interest in.

Do any of you remember the glory days fondly?  

What glory days in particular? The days where trolly members ran rampant and were never punished to any reasonable extent because they had been around for a long time? Nope.

Unless you mean different glory days.

Archived