[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

Thought this could be interesting.

Ask us (YCM staff) anything. Preface your question with whom it regards (if it's specifically targeted toward a certain mod) or make it apparent that it's a general question, can't guarantee any of your questions will be answered though as certain mods are less active than others and no staff member is obliged to answer them.

Try and keep your questions forum-related but all questions are welcome.

Note that this isn't a questions & help thread, use this section for that.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There, there, Welche. When we did talk about you, it was always in the vein of "God, I hate Welche. Let's ban him!"

There is the chance this is a dramatization of actual conversations. I'm not bored enough to check.

Oh well as long as that was the conversation.

inb4aloadofpeopleaskiftheyarementionedinthemodforum. XD

But yeah, I have a question for the Mod Team in General (anyone is welcome to answer) What convinced you to accept the role of Mod in the first place? Was it your love of said section?

Why do you lie about all the pr0nz in the mod forum? I've seen it. I know.

Yep there is a lot of it in there. When I was a Mod, I was always checking out the latest posts regarding it. Pronz on the rest of the net? Pah! Nothing compared to the filth that was in the Mod Forum.

But yeah, I have a question for the Mod Team in General (anyone is welcome to answer) What convinced you to accept the role of Mod in the first place? Was it your love of said section?

Well...for me, it's a long and riveting tale...

Pika randomly PMed me and asked if I wanted to the Your Deck mod. Apparently, there was an opening, so a request for nominations had been made, and enough people nominated me that I was offered the spot.

I've been a forum mod on another site, and one of the main appeals to a position is just the ability to take care of things on a whim. See a spam thread? Lock it. Need a post hidden or deleted? Done. See annoying behaviors from members? Tell them to stop.

Is Evilfusion really evil?

Where does Night go when it's daytime?

I accepted the position for power...and now I'm one of the most powerful and influential members on the entire site.

AND SOON THE WORLD! MUHAHAHA...ahem...*cough*

No, I'm a very pure-hearted, incorruptible person who just has a penchant for being overdramatic and a bit...eccentric. Do not fear trusting me completely. My attachment to a character who actively hunts and steals people's souls is purely a quirk.

@Night: How did you find this forum? 

What made you become interested in doing graphic design?

I know I know not really a forum related question, but I really wanna know, since I think your the staff member I know least about.

Long story really, in short, 6 years ago I was interested in yugioh and a friend of mine practically forced me to sign up. I ended up quitting yugioh almost immediately after. Before I did though I found Showcase and ended being fascinated with the art being produced. That was really my foothold into graphic design, I started out just fucking around and six years later I do it semi-professionally.

I guess I give all of the credit to the showcase community for all of the critique over the years and for just being a great group of guys. It's really odd to think that without them I wouldn't be doing the thing I do more or less every single day. 

I wonder if there's anything there about Hina given what I've heard.

Not to my knowledge.

Is Evilfusion really evil?

Where does Night go when it's daytime?

Sleep

Now that I think about it, I believe I'm the only one who wasn't "offered" the position through traditional means. Instead it was more of me actually pitching the notion to the staff at the time due to Showcase being supremely neglected as only one of the three assigned mods was actually active at the time and even then nothing was really being done in terms of content.

To answer the second part though, it's odd when you actually think about how someone could "love" something as insignificant as a subsection of a subsection of the internet. But yes, metaphorically speaking, Showcase is my baby.

Why do you lie about all the pr0nz in the mod forum? I've seen it. I know.

You're just mad that you've downgraded to the pleb shit. #modpr0nzisbestpr0nz

Let's just say that revolution started by Black was one of those reasons, followed up with me getting sick of watching AC getting broken repeatedly (since I'm around the section a fair amount + saw it once every couple threads or so) and Zextra not being around to keep order [but he's busy with real life stuff].

I do care about the state of CC [especially when I used to go there quite a bit in the earlier days], so that's why I'm here (alongside Striker, Saber and Zextra).

Why is Night allowed to swear, when clearly it's against the privileges of many young offended members of the site?

Why is coolspy not a mod yet?

Can I get banned for asking about falling pasta?

Is Night as rude to me as he is to you guys in the mod forum?

Archived