Gundam Build Fighters Try

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That episode was so absurdly, cheesily Gundam Build Fighters that it was actually completely awesome. If i had to pick an episode to encapsulate BF and Try, this would be it. The Gundam tropes affectionately played straight, while at the same time winking at how absurd they can be sometimes, the dissonant, yet still somehow fitting soundtrack (I f***ing lost it when Cerulean kicked in, even though i saw it coming), and at the end of the day, it all comes down to the fun of building plastic models and watching them beat the ever-loving snot out of each other. I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of Build Fighters's brand of Gundam, but my gawd this episode was a lot of fun. I thought it was the final, too, but surprise surprise we get one more next week. You cheeky writers you, giving us an epilogue.

Naturally, the fight this time was kickass, with everyone pulling out all of their gimmicks against the other team and lots of s*** blowing up. Of particular note for me, being the gigantic gundam nerd I am, were the two arenas, both of which are important Universal Centiry locations. The colony is the mining colony frontier 1 from gundam F91, and the earth battlefield is the ruins of Zeon's Sidney colony drop, near Torrington, Australia, which Sekai and Wilfred turned into a thousand mile smoking crater. 

I'm super psyched for next time, just to see everything resolved. Its been a fun little series, I must say.

EDIT: holy shit Sei gets a cameo during the final fight. Watch it again, you see him smile.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN' DOMON!!!!!

A little disappointed it was a joke entry, but the battle was worth it.

The Super Fumina is no joke, what a masterpiece. Wonder if Bandai will release a real one.

But seriously, no Sei or Reiji or Aila? We have to have a third season.

Also, I hope Adou's wrist will be okay in the end. That was the one somber part of the ED.

Since this is the final episode, guess I'll post some of the highlight images from the episode.

[spoiler=huge images]

(Images taken from Gundamguy)

2513.jpg

2514.jpg

Meijins being ameijin like usual.

2521.jpg

Char-iest mobile suit of them all

2560.jpg

Sakai proving why he's the best character (and a huge creep)

2586.jpg

"It sheds its parts when it's hit!" Oh Sakai.

2588.jpg

Debut of Sekai's Kamiki Burning Gundam

2592.jpg

PLUSHIES

25108.jpg

Oh god animated Xi Gundam

2599.jpg

Oh god woundwort

2597b.jpg

25116.jpg

25117.jpg

BATTLE OF THE SHIPS

25120.jpg

Incoming Ameijinness

25123.jpg

But then, Ral, the protector of shippings appears. After 36 years, he finally got his Dom.

25150.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you know this is the image you want to see the most from here.

ANSWER ME!

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!

[/spoiler]

Well, can't wait for the Ova and the gunpla releases.

Since this is the final episode, guess I'll post some of the highlight images from the episode.

[spoiler=huge images]

(Images taken from Gundamguy)

2513.jpg

2514.jpg

Meijins being ameijin like usual.

2521.jpg

Char-iest mobile suit of them all

2560.jpg

Sakai proving why he's the best character (and a huge creep)

2586.jpg

"It sheds its parts when it's hit!" Oh Sakai.

2588.jpg

Debut of Sekai's Kamiki Burning Gundam

2592.jpg

PLUSHIES

25108.jpg

Oh god animated Xi Gundam

2599.jpg

Oh god woundwort

2597b.jpg

25116.jpg

25117.jpg

BATTLE OF THE SHIPS

25120.jpg

Incoming Ameijinness

25123.jpg

But then, Ral, the protector of shippings appears. After 36 years, he finally got his Dom.

25150.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you know this is the image you want to see the most from here.

ANSWER ME!

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!

[/spoiler]

Well, can't wait for the Ova and the gunpla releases.

I must be the only one who noticed that the meijins did the salute of the school of the undefeated of the east almost move for move. The east is burning red indeed. Also Sekai has an actual god gundam now. yus.

also AAAAHHHHHHH XIIIIIIIIII GUNDAM <3333333333333

So whats this about an ova?

Archived