Gundam Build Fighters Try

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I wondered how someone could get physically hurt from Gunpla Battle, then I realized, "Oh right, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt]Plavsky Particles did it[/url]."

Mihoshi makes an appearance, that was great. Sekai being clueless as ever and Yuuma losing his s*** over Mirai is still hilarious as well.

Next episode Nielsen shows up, awesome.

Wanted to comment on this earlier; Internet crapped out at work.

Anyway....

This episode was honestly really damn silly and just outright enjoyable all together.

And I love how, as usual, they play out Yuuma's nerdy side for laughs with the scene of them watching the models, to which, he states "Those Gunpla are poorly built", to which he was interrupted stating that it's not the bit he should be watching... Heh...

It's ok, Yuuma, all of us are watching it for the plot as well.

Ok so... Even if this week's badguy doesn't have the Gunpla in question that Yuuma was talking about.... He's CLEARLY the Master Asia of this series.
I mean, come on... He has the same I-hide-in-a-robe and black/red-2edgy4me dynamics that are shared with Master Gundam, and to top it off, he has his own version of Darkness Finger that not only matched Sekai's own signature move, but also surpassed it.
Coincidence to G and how Darkness Finger was first used? I think not.

Unrelated to the anime, but I found this. http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_Build_Fighters_Honoo

Which has this....

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141115065439/gundam/images/f/fe/XXXG-00W0CV_02.jpg

Something I must have when it is released.

I'm assuming it is a team centered thing too, since there is a Honoo Destiny and Zeta.

EDIT:

Welp, was looking at a gundam site and saw scans which spoil some things for the future. Though, I guess it isn't that bad considering the current point in the series.

Ok so, I went and actually saw the episode now, since I was doing other things at the time;
Yuuma's lack of self confidence was obvious.
Sekai plans to do something with Build Burning.
Fumina continues to showcase how fucking amazing Winning is at being able to shapeshift/etc, and realizes that she needs to fully understand her Gunpla more; To be fair, she made it like a few episodes ago.

To be honest, I don't expect much in terms of model upgrades. BB is a sleek melee fighter and Sekai specializes in unarmed combat. A bigger frame (IE backpack) would only serve to slow it down and adding any kind of weapon would be pointless since Sekai wouldn't use it anyway, but considering this is Gundam, he can probably get a backpack with a huge pair of wings and be faster because Plavsky. In this episode it was heavily implied that the Lightning Gundam can't really get much better and it was mostly Yuuma having issues. Besides, they can't really add on to it in any significant way because it has to be able to transform. Winning Gundam seems to be the most creative one, but since it mostly serves as an extension to BB and Lightning, Fumina hasn't really bothered learning how to use it herself. All in all, I fell like this series won't have a mid-season upgrade as far as the suits, but the characters will get better at using them.

To be honest, I don't expect much in terms of model upgrades. BB is a sleek melee fighter and Sekai specializes in unarmed combat. A bigger frame (IE backpack) would only serve to slow it down and adding any kind of weapon would be pointless since Sekai wouldn't use it anyway, but considering this is Gundam, he can probably get a backpack with a huge pair of wings and be faster because Plavsky. In this episode it was heavily implied that the Lightning Gundam can't really get much better and it was mostly Yuuma having issues. Besides, they can't really add on to it in any significant way because it has to be able to transform. Winning Gundam seems to be the most creative one, but since it mostly serves as an extension to BB and Lightning, Fumina hasn't really bothered learning how to use it herself. All in all, I fell like this series won't have a mid-season upgrade as far as the suits, but the characters will get better at using them.

[spoiler=spoiler warning]

The upgrades has been revealed actually. All three are pretty similar to the old ones. Try Burning only has more more plavsky nodes or something similar, Star Winning looks the most different, but I think it's mostly added flexibility for supporting the other two. Lightning only gets a bigger backpack.

[/spoiler]

Every Gundam series has a Char expy. Meijin happens to be the one for this series.

Ok, so I was being a little too vague.
What I was referring to was the fact that he is and isn't Char. He is, because hes the red mobile suit guy. He isn't, because instead of a helmet of some kind, he has sunglasses. Also, ironically, he wears blue.

Archived