Pokken Tournament

Agro

What about a Colosseum-style game set in Kanto on Wii U?

I would much rather a Colosseum game that continues the Orre story.

They were on the right track with Shadow Pokemon. Like, Colosseum was great, and XD expanded on the things that made Shadow Pokemon interesting, but it reverted on the plot. If you could get a plot that was better like Colosseum's (it wasn't perfect, but it was in the right direction. I felt like XD reversed that direction a bit) with XD's gameplay, I feel like it would be a great game.

Plus we have so many Pokemon now, the diversity could be great. Since it would take place in the future, wild Pokemon could be more widespread, so many possibilities.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would much rather a Colosseum game that continues the Orre story.

They were on the right track with Shadow Pokemon. Like, Colosseum was great, and XD expanded on the things that made Shadow Pokemon interesting, but it reverted on the plot. If you could get a plot that was better like Colosseum's (it wasn't perfect, but it was in the right direction. I felt like XD reversed that direction a bit) with XD's gameplay, I feel like it would be a great game.

Plus we have so many Pokemon now, the diversity could be great. Since it would take place in the future, wild Pokemon could be more widespread, so many possibilities.

I'd be down with either. 

What about a Colosseum-style game set in Kanto on Wii U?

That's what I was saying D:

Seeing as how I play the Wii U as if it were a handheld, I wouldn't mind it being on the VC.

Also, why is no one else giving any consideration to a rerelease? Is it really that out of the question.

I meant a remake on the Wii U (rather than 3DS), not a VC release, although that wouldn't be out of the question if it came with a small program that allows you to transfer your mons to XY and ORAS.

Also, I'd be cool with another Colosseum game if it felt less clunky. I had a real hard time trying to get into XD because I didn't like how it controlled.

Anyway. Yes, I agree that people stuck in "Gen 1 is best" is annoying, but no I don't think we need to ignore Gen 1 to "move on". Gen 1 needs an update so that we can adapt them for modern times. I hate that, to play the Gen 1 games, I have to go back to the days without the better mechanics of today.

As for Jigglypuff....You say we need to move on, then say that Jiggly should stay because of nostalgia, I don't get it.

That being said. I doubt this will be a new gen or a remake. They already have one remake coming, it would be silly to make another main game right now.

The point is, people should learn to coexist with different mindsets and needs. We should neither shove off everything old nor admonish all innovations, but since the latter case is much more predominant currently, I honestly believe what we need, at the moment, is to open up our minds and be more willing to move forward in order to "restore the balance". I'm not saying we should ignore the past generations, but neither do we have to be remain so obsessed with them so as to allow them to overshadow the new one like I feel it happened now in XY. And to be honest, I'm not that interested about keeping Jigglypuff in the current roster - I'm just pointing out that there's many people who still value her presence in the series and some legitimate reasons to listen to them. I wouldn't like her place as a playable character to be preserved at the cost of denying new deserving candidates a chance to shine, but if we could keep her while also introducing a decent number of cool new characters, I'd be happier. And it'd be kinda unfair for her to be the only one out of the original 12 to be left out of the new game after all of them came back for both Melee and Brawl - that is, if Ness isn't dropped either. It'd feel too odd, at least to a sizeable portion of the fanbase. But, perhaps that's only me.

The point is, people should learn to coexist with different mindsets and needs. We should neither shove off everything old nor admonish all innovations, but since the latter case is much more predominant currently, I honestly believe what we need, at the moment, is to open up our minds and be more willing to move forward in order to "restore the balance". I'm not saying we should ignore the past generations, but neither do we have to be remain so obsessed with them so as to allow them to overshadow the new one like I feel it happened now in XY. And to be honest, I'm not that interested about keeping Jigglypuff in the current roster - I'm just pointing out that there's many people who still value her presence in the series and some legitimate reasons to listen to them. I wouldn't like her place as a playable character to be preserved at the cost of denying new deserving candidates a chance to shine, but if we could keep her while also introducing a decent number of cool new characters, I'd be happier. And it'd be kinda unfair for her to be the only one out of the original 12 to be left out of the new game after all of them came back for both Melee and Brawl - that is, if Ness isn't dropped either. It'd feel too odd, at least to a sizeable portion of the fanbase. But, perhaps that's only me.

People who honestly think Gen 1 was the best Gen have their nostalgia goggles so tight they aren't getting enough oxygen to their brain. Seriously, as I said

Honestly, thats part of the reason I want R/B/G/Y to be rereleased on VC, so as to get to go back to the wild west where special was one stat, psychic was immune to ghost, and the best moves for half the types SUCK. And, to show them off.......

Grass: Petal Dance / Solar Beam (70 Power, 1 grass type gets it, confuses atfer 2 or 3 turns / 2 turn move)

Bug: Twineedle (25 Power, limited in who gets it)

Poison: Sludge (65 Power, limited in who gets it)

Rock: Rock Slider (Half of Rock type got it, also Rock only had 2 moves)

Flying: Drill Peck/Sky Attack (Limited in who gets it / 2 turn move)

Dragon: Dragon Rage (-40 HP)

Fighting: High Jump Kick/Submission (85 Power, 1 pokemon got / 80 Power, 80 Acc)

Ghost: Lick/Night Shade (20 Power / Damage = Level)

and has been said a couple times in this thread, Gen 1 has aged VERY poorly, especially given what we have now. However, most pokemon fans have never experianced it and I think rereleasing the games to show off how much has changed (and maybe to make people realize all the problems Gen 1 had) is something they really should do. And as much as I'm harping on it, I'd love to get to really play through Gen 1 since I only beat it as a kid cause I borrowed someone else's pokemon plus, Missingno is a thing. Also, I'm not sure why you feel like the past gens are overshadowing X/Y. The most hyped thing about OR/AS atm are the new Megas and that is something we have X/Y to thank for. 

As for reasons to keep Jigs

She has a unique playstyle: Fair, though most the pokemon you could add would too.

She has fans: Everyone has fans, doesn't mean they shouldn't be cut if they aren't pulling their weight.

She was in the first 3 games: This arguement means we have to have Jigs (or any of the first 12) in every Smash game ever. To me that just sounds rediculious, especially since compared too the other 10 who are the face of their franchise, and Weegee who is, well, Weegee. Put another way, all 11 would be locked in for Smash if this was the 1st or the 21st game in the series. You can not say the same for Jigs. 

ANYWAY

I personally have derailed this thread because of my blinding hated for Jig, and have only been stay on topic because of how cool I think a rerelease of Gen 1 would be. As such, I will say no more on the topic.

So, I'mma go back to Pokken. Pokemon I would like to see/could see making it, 5 Per Gen

Charizard, Pikachu, Machamp, Hitmonless, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Heracross, Scizor, Fraligatr, Ursaring, Blaziken, Hariyama, Breloom, Slaking, Medicham, Infernape, Lucario, Gallade, Toxicroak, Ambipom, Meinshao, Emboar, Conkeldurr, Bisharp, Glurk, Greninja, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Barbaracle, Diggersby.

A lot of those are ptetty safe picks, but its a fighting game, so of course I'd lean more towards the fighting types. Though, to go back to why I brought Smash up in the first place, I really feel like Pokemon could just have its own Smash style game, since then you would open things up a fair bit more to pokemon that wouldn't be the conventional choice in a fighting game.

I really hope we see nonhumanoid Pokemon if it turns out to be Pokken. I know someone mentioned snake Pokemon, Arbok would be really cool, but I would be pulling for Reuniclus. I feel like it could be a really unique thing in a fighting game, and I would love to see it.

I really hope we see nonhumanoid Pokemon if it turns out to be Pokken. I know someone mentioned snake Pokemon, Arbok would be really cool, but I would be pulling for Reuniclus. I feel like it could be a really unique thing in a fighting game, and I would love to see it.

This. It could make it so much more unique, in the sea of fighting games. Looking at your sig, totally want Slowpoke/Bro in it as well.

Pokemon MMO, ehhh....Nah. I have a bad feeling about that idea. Can't say for sure why, but I think it would be a mess.

Now, Pokemon Stadium 3 I could get behind, it's been wanted for a while, and there has been two gens since Battle Revolution, which was the closest thing we got to it.

That's because Pokémon already is an MMO. They just don't realize it yet.

I'd much rather see a natural adaptation of MMO elements than the 

"Pokemon MMO with all the regions and all the Pokemon with high fidelity graphics and no subscription fee!"

Also, we do not need a WoW clone of a game that's already an RPG.  

What do you mean? There ARE dailies, such as Massages and the Inverse House.

Well those are daily things that you can do yes, but they're nothing like the dailies in MMOs.

I still have a dream of them working on a Pokemon game that has you go through all of the current regions. It's probably never going to happen but it could be interesting.

Going through all the regions sounds like a bad idea.

But I think at some point they're likely to let you go through Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh, seeing as they're all actually part of Japan.

Possibly filling in the Japan in between to give it some fresh stuff too.

I'd much rather see a natural adaptation of MMO elements than the 

"Pokemon MMO with all the regions and all the Pokemon with high fidelity graphics and no subscription fee!"

Also, we do not need a WoW clone of a game that's already an RPG.

Someone didn't read well enough :'x

But I think at some point they're likely to let you go through Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh, seeing as they're all actually part of Japan.

I think it could work, or at least more games that let you go to two. I kinda want a massive Pokemon game, where the story lasts long and reaches more regions, like a world war type of situation with the evil group of the game.

Or just larger regions that aren't necessarily restrained by needing to get 8 gym badges to progress/beat the evil team/beat 8 gyms in order.

For me, the way to go would be:

1. World Open from the start.

2. Gyms can be challenged in any order

3. HM's aren't reliant on Gyms and you can get all of them before even battling one.

4. The Levels of Gym Pokémon and the Pokémon trainer's used are reliant on how far leveled your team is.

5. The game's story changes depending on the order in which you challenge the gyms.

6. Multiple ways to "beat the game" with objectives spanning the entire continent, with things like the evil team, the gyms, contests (possibly), and other things I can't think of, with none being reliant on getting to a certain point with the others.

7. Flygon, Gallade, Aegislash, Arcanine, Abamasnow, and Haxorus must all be catchable. So I can have my Gawain and the Green Knight team. (personal preference)

Someone didn't read well enough :'x

I was agreeing with you. D':

I was agreeing with you. D':

Good x:

Yeah, I can't even think of a good way to implement an MMO into Pokémon. All Pokémon games are reliant on a single player being there. Running around with your friends in a Pokémon world sounds like a lot of fun until you realize the trainers, and battling mechanics all need to change in order to make room for multiple playable trainers on a single map.

I mean the most I'd want to see them do is find a way to make co-op pokemon, if possible. Still don't see how. The most you're gonna get is something we already have in Gen IV's Underground.

I do find myself after being the Bad Guys always getting bored of a game. (Bar XD where that usually happens on Citadark Island) so probably any villians in the game continuing in big numbers until the end. (Black/White I get bored before N).

I agree Fusion, they could make more use of the Stadium-esque parts of the Colosseum and XD games. Orre Collosseum in XD did already have more elements of the competitive game in it (I kept losing early in that).

Archived