A Look Into YCM's History - A Request of Sorts

goddamnit names are a pain

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is a simple outline of what I have experienced. If you want any details, just ask.

- Meeting Mirror B. in real life

- Metting Yankee in real life

- Meeting Lunar for the first time on YCM and automatically treating her like a woman ^^

- Countless amazing RPs I had to honor of participating in

- Opal's obsession with Yankee and I being the best looking males in the post your real life pictures thread

That's all I can think of right now. :P

If you consider Vancouver near you, Welche's there.

Vancouver, BC is nowhere close to McMinnville, OR. ;~; Though when I get a chance to see my girlfriend for the first time, it will technically count as meeting a YCMer. XD

EDIT: Giga? Where is he? And Maxxion is in upper Washington iirc, and that's far.

I don't remember it in any great detail, but I know a bit. Dwarven King doubted the power of "YCMaker" (who was touted by most members as our Lord and Savior in the status bar). This dispute was ended by a duel between "YCMaker" and DK. I wasn't able to watch it (I believe I was dueling evilfusion at the time), but I know "YCMaker" played Wind-Ups, one of the top decks at the time, and won. Which lead to even more hype.

There was also that one April Fools Day where the joke was that a bunch of topics on the first 1-2 pages of sections were stickied, and people complained 'cause it was a lame joke. Speaking of April Fools Day (don't remember the year, it was right before Rod got banned), there was the time Rod and I stole Pika's joke idea, and swapped names/avis/everything. Not really history, but it happened.

Oh I remember that! Good times. The fake YCMaker was playing wind-ups when they could still loop the hand and I was playing a fun Lightsworn variant. I lost, yes, but barely. Got the fool down and realized a misplay that cost me the game as soon as I made it. In my defense, we were chatting like anime characters and the result was me laughing so hard that I could barely pay attention to the actual duel. xD

Also, I can tell everyone about the time where LZ and I were the only ones that could have moving avatars. :P

Related to DK's post, why are there no YCMers near me? ;~;

Met them at Yugioh tournaments. Actually, both of them were at YCS Dallas. xD

Ooh, ooh, I really like the first two.
Roll with those ^^

Silly auto-correct, I guess
Miror B, not Mirror

Yeah, auto-correct. And are you sure you really wanna know? xD

Below is a simple outline of what I have experienced. If you want any details, just ask.

- Meeting Mirror B. in real life

- Metting Yankee in real life

- Meeting Lunar for the first time on YCM and automatically treating her like a woman ^^

- Countless amazing RPs I had to honor of participating in

- Cin's obsession with Yankee and I being the best looking males in the post your real life pictures thread

That's all I can think of right now. :P

Best looking males?

I don't know, I've seen some more attractive people than either. I guess it's just Yin's opinion, though.

Clair was a cheating b**** in actuality, but.. =T

Izaya was banned for posting nsfw stuff, iirc.

*cough* I DO know of a female that dated another female and that person cheated on her...and I wanna say her name was Clair. BUT, I will not know for sure until I dig through my inbox that I have NEVER cleared out since I joined this forum.

Vancouver, BC is nowhere close to McMinnville, OR. ;~; Though when I get a chance to see my girlfriend for the first time, it will technically count as meeting a YCMer. XD

EDIT: Giga? Where is he? And Maxxion is in upper Washington iirc, and that's far.

If you come to Vancouver I'll buy you coffee

Oh yeah, for the benefit of some, I'd like to explain the three YCM wars that occurred, namely why.

[spoiler=Organization XIII v Club Pikachu War]

To put it simply, we were freaking bored. This was during the decline of clubs, and Org XIII was losing interest. So I believe it was Zexion who suggested that we go to war with someone. We chose Club Pikachu as it was a very large club, so yeah, declared war. This one didn't do much inevitably because Pikachu was a pacifist. And thus the first YCM war kinda, fell flat on its face.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advanced Rule War]

You would know a fair bit about this one. This occurred due to the schism between people who either liked or hated the new Advanced Rules in the RP section. This one also didn't go anywhere, but did show a LOT of god moding and other BS.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The YCM War! Glitch's Plot]

Another war people made because they were bored. The idea was headed up by either RP 8.2.0or Absolute Powerforce, I honestly can't remember which. Either way, this one was designed to take the campiness and absurdity up to 11, and also showcased numerous factions; lead by Black, Phantom Roxas, Nexev and El Make. It dwindled and died out pretty damn quick.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Treehouse v Absolute Powerforce]

A stupid war that occurred because Striker was salty because he was kicked out of Jake's RP Club and Absolute Powerforce. So he challenged AP to battle thinking people from the Newb Defence League would help bail him out. Oh how wrong he was. This war was pretty damn pathetic due to the overwhelming amount of one-sidedness it had. It also died and very little came of it.[/spoiler]

In summary, YCM War RPs never really went anywhere, and generated an ocean's worth of salt.

Archived