Planning Thread for Card Ideas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Hovercraft
  • Segway
  • Golf-cart
  • Retro car (type 40s car in google images).
  • Spacecraft or Space-station (different from Shuttleroid)
  • Dirigible/Blimp/Zeppelin
  • Vimana?

I've made one one for a Hovercraft and a Space Station already (both are fusions, with the Space Station being a Vehicroid so its useable with Connection Zone), but I haven't done one for any of the others.

I had no idea what a Vimana was, so I looked it up and it looks more like a Chronomaly than a roid, lol. But it could work.

Thanks for the ideas!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilya, Cheerful Maiden of Magnificent Vine
1210/1400
Psychic/Light/Effect
Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, and cannot be used as an Xyz Material Monster, except for the Xyz Summon of " Magnificent Vine" monster, Cannot be destroyed by battle, and you take no battle damage from battles involving this card.A monster that attacks this card is destroyed after damage calculation.
When this card is Normal Summoned, You can Declare levels from 3 to 8, all face-up "Magnificent Vine" monsters you control's Levels become equal to the level you declared, you can activate this effect of "Hilya, Cheerful Maiden of Magnificent Vine" only once per turn.

The problem with Hilya's last effect is basically the fact that it allows Vines to have access to anything in the Rank 3 to 8 pool. 

While yes, this card can't be used with other Xyz; it doesn't mean that you can't use other ones to make things. 

(Might help if you link your set, so we know what we're dealing with)

Although yes, it pretty much cannot die + essentially punishes the opponent for even trying. 

I'd strip off its 2nd effect though, or tone it down. (That, and take out the 3rd effect; yes, effect removal exists, but for a Level 4, it does too much). 

The problem with Hilya's last effect is basically the fact that it allows Vines to have access to anything in the Rank 3 to 8 pool. 

While yes, this card can't be used with other Xyz; it doesn't mean that you can't use other ones to make things. 

(Might help if you link your set, so we know what we're dealing with)

Although yes, it pretty much cannot die + essentially punishes the opponent for even trying. 

I'd strip off its 2nd effect though, or tone it down. (That, and take out the 3rd effect; yes, effect removal exists, but for a Level 4, it does too much). 

Basically this card is Magnificent Vine-exclusive

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnop0ucirzzuwah/Chadook.zip?dl=0

Any suggestions regrading 1st and 2nd effects?

I'm just tossing this idea out. I'm going to try to make a deck themed around Jigsaw from the Saw movies. Basically, it only has 1 monster, "Jigsaw, the master of death traps". The rest of the deck will be composed of traps cards called "Death Trap-". Jigsaw will set them directly from the deck at the cost of either a discard or LP. They will also have optional effects that your opponent can choose to use, reflecting Jigsaw's motto "Live or die. Make your choice." It would be something drastic though, like giving your opponent's monsters ATK equal to the ATK of the monster you control with the most ATK or being unable to activate certain effects. What do you think?

The idea is OK, as long as you can make it work. Cards that give player(s) choice are... AWESOME (my nickname was inspired by such card).

The thing that can be problematic though is how will the deck function with just 1 monster that contributes for the en-masse trap tactics. If you can somehow implement Jigsaw counterparts that recycle/fuel traps or are treated as Jigsaw while on the field? He does have some "apprentice" of sorts (i remember a girl), didn't he, i've only watched the first few movies. You can also make a twist on things with moronic victim monsters that spam on your opponent's field and trigger the traps? :D

Advanced Paintress Goghi
1900/0
Aqua/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned, Except by Pendulum.
When a monster effect is activated: Discard this card and 1 "Paintress" monster; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster, If this card destroys a monster by its own effect: Inflict a Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to that Monster's ATK.
 During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, when a Spell/Trap card is activated: You can banish this card from your Graveyard and 1 "Paintress" monster from your Extra Deck; Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

This reminds me of "Herald of Orange Light", where you can "steal" the lore from: 

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Pendulum Summon. During either player's turn, when an effect of a monster is activated: You can send this card and 1 other "Paintress" monster from your hand to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If an opponent's monster is destroyed by this effect; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK (OR the ATK that monster had while face-up on the field). If this card is in your Graveyard, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can banish both this card in your Graveyard and 1 "Paintress" monster from your Extra Deck; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You cannot activate this effect during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard.

Sun Eater

Level 12 FIRE

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

2 Synchro Tuner monsters + 2 or more Non-Tuner Synchro Monsters

The Synchro Summon of this card cannot be negated. Card's and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's Synchro Summon. Your opponent cannot activate cards and effects. If this card would be destroyed, banish it instead. 

3500 ATK / 0 DEF

I'm really just wondering what would be considered a balanced body for the 2nd to last statement.

Considering that it requires at 4 Synchro Monsters in total to bring out, you can get away with having it lock down your opponent. 

Sure, double Formula exists, but also remember that your other Synchros must be 8.

If it were 1 Synchro Tuner, then yeah we'd have a problem with it shutting down your opponent.

Here, it's not realistically do-able to have 4 Synchros out + then make this. 

(Well, you can, but it requires a lot of effort, and you're better off making Quasar for the most part. As much as I don't agree with the negation/activation of stuff, it really is difficult to SS with the cards available now)

-----

Although yes, complete lockdown isn't cool.

I could probably say to just make it immune to everything your opponent does; at least they can still respond.

Just a Random Thought

Name: Make-Shift Pendulum

Type: Normal Spell

Effect: Pay 3000 Life Points. Select any two monsters in your graveyard that have the same Type and have different Levels. Place the selected monsters in your Pendulum Zones. The scales of these cards are equal to their original levels. If either monster is an effect monster you can use it's monster effect as it's pendulum effect. You can only Pendulum Summon monster who have the same Type as the selected monsters. Both cards are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. During your 3rd End Phase after this card was activated destroy both of the selected cards and banish them.  You can only activate "Make-Shift Pendulum" once per Duel.

7Gb7Sc1.jpg

Why do I have the feeling I worded this effect wrong?

Void-Eyes Ultimate Gravity Dragon

DARK - Rank 8 - Dragon/Xyz/Effect - 4000/3000

3 Level 8 "Void-Eyes" monsters

Must be Xyz Summoned using the above Xyz Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. When this monster is Xyz Summoned successfully, place 2 Gravity Counters on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If "Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon" was used as Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of this monster, detach all Xyz Materials from all Xyz monsters your opponent controls- attach them to this card. Monsters lose 100 ATK and DEF times their Level or Rank for every Gravity Counter on them. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: place 1 Gravity Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If this monster is destroyed with no Xyz Materials, you can Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Void-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard.

Summon conditions are OK, it's standard taken from strict non-substitute material fusions i suppose. Not sure if it's mundane or not, since Xyz work different ways and once the materials are listed it doesn't give many options for alternate summons or name substitution, aside maybe "Rank-Up Magic - Astral Force"  by using a Rank 6 DARK dragon-type Xyz of which only 1 exists ATM.

Usually the pros & cons of Counters are listed right after the counter generation effect. 

The Xyz material stealing effect has no activation sequence? when does it occur - during the summon or it's triggered by something?

The last effect you can carbon copy from N53: Heart-eartH.

Suggestion: 

Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Summoned by other ways. When this monster is Xyz Summoned successfully; place 2 Gravity Counters on all face-up monsters your opponent controls (Monsters lose 100 ATK and DEF for each Gravity Counter on them), then if "Void-Eyes Black Dragon" was used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon this card;  detach all Xyz Materials from monsters your opponent controls and if you do, attach them to this card. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; place 1 Gravity Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. When this card on the field is destroyed while it has no Xyz Materials, you can Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Void-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard.

So I had an idea for an archetype that was entirely made of Spell and Trap cards. It would be based on various famous songs and their composers (though in one case it's based on the person it's named for), and all of them would have effects where they could banish themselves to summon Tokens. I have one card made, and a name for another card, but I can't think of what to do with the rest of the archetype. Here's the one card I have so far.

Living Song - Epitaph

Normal Spell

Reveal 1 “Living Song” Spell or Trap card in your hand to Set 1 “Living Song” Spell or Trap card from your hand or Graveyard to the field. If the Set card is a Spell, it cannot be activated this turn. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

While this card is in the Graveyard, during either player’s turn, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 “Seikilos Token” (Level 2/LIGHT/Warrior/1200/200). You can only activate this effect once per turn, and you cannot activate it during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard.

The card is based on the Epitaph of Seikilos, the oldest surviving complete written song. Since we don't know who composed it, I used Seikilos to name the Token instead. The other name I have is Nin-me-sara, a hymn by Enheduanna, one of, if not the, oldest known authors and poets. Effect-wise, though, I've hit a block. Is anyone willing to help?

Hello there, I'm Nico and I am new the Yugioh Card Maker, I like watching the anime series growing up. I saw this when I googled it and thought it would be fun to make some cards my own.

I had an idea utilizing the gods, goddesses and creatures in Greek/Roman Mythology. I am unsure of how design them properly, last thing I want is to be booted from this site for doing something wrong so if you can help me I would highly appreciate it.

I have read forum rules and read what is easily the best written tutorial I have seen.

Thanks Yours Truly,

Nico

Hello there, I'm Nico and I am new the Yugioh Card Maker, I like watching the anime series growing up. I saw this when I googled it and thought it would be fun to make some cards my own.

I had an idea utilizing the gods, goddesses and creatures in Greek/Roman Mythology. I am unsure of how design them properly, last thing I want is to be booted from this site for doing something wrong so if you can help me I would highly appreciate it.

I have read forum rules and read what is easily the best written tutorial I have seen.

Thanks Yours Truly,

Nico

The one thing that I can recommend to you, in my role as a Custom Card moderator, is that you try your best to make cards that incorporate their abilities in mythology while making sure you don't overdo it.

Basically, I would advise that you avoid using the DIVINE / Divine-Beast Attribute and Type respectively, unless you absolutely need to do it.

Just follow the usual cardmaking stuff (don't pass Level/Rank 12, use legitimate Types and appropriate stats, etc) and you should be fine.

------

We're not going to kick you out for doing something wrong with cardmaking; you're here to show your cards + we're here to help you out.

If you make the card too overpowered, then it's not the end of the world. We'll just suggest things you can do, so they aren't like that.

------

Although, you can always ask me for any further assistance if necessary :)

I have an idea for an archetype that has continuous effects that are active while they are the top card in your banished pile. I still have a lot of fleshing-out to do, but i at least have that much of a concept. I have a problem, though. How do i write that in the effect? I'm not 100% sure what to call it:

top card in your Banish Pile? top card in your Banish Zone? Your top-most banished card?

I think it would be the last of these, or at least something similar to it. So if there was a monster with an effect that prevented the activation of some effects it might be similar to this:

While this card is your top-most banished card: Card effects that add cards from the Deck(s) to either player's hand cannot be activated.

I know that effect isn't balanced, but, the effect isnt important, so much as is the OCG. Although Now that i think about it, the implication of such an archetype is that the order of a player's banished cards is fixed (similar to the Main Deck)and might bring with it some new mechanics. Am i right in thinking this, and would that mean that this idea would have to be relegated to experimental cards? I really want to have this in realistic. 

Also, i intend to include cards that shuffle the banished cards and/or move specific cards to and from the top of a player's banished cards. Can anyone offer help with wording this, or with ideas to help develop the idea in general?

I'll talk you through it, using an example of one of my cards. 

1. If you have just made the card, skip to step 3

2. If the card is saved, select the card from the drop-down menu on the Card Maker and open it - (I select Path into Dark World and then press Open)

3. Click the image of the card on the right hand side on the Card Maker - (I click the image of Path into Dark World)

4. A bar will appear beneath the image, saying "Uploading to Imgur". Soon afterwards, a link like this will appear (without the spaces in the img) [ img ]http://i.imgur.com/yj4XGYZ.jpg[ /img ]. Copy this link - (I wait for the link to appear, and once it does, I copy it by highlighting it, right-clicking and pressing Copy)

5. Now, go to the thread that you want to post the image on. - (I go onto this thread)

6. Simply post the link into the reply box, ensuring that you've not disabled the function that allows code to perform its duty prior to this (if such a thing exists) - (I paste the link into the reply box by pressing Ctrl + V or alternatively, right-clicking and pressing paste) 

7. Now, if everything is done as above, this should happen: 

yj4XGYZ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a problem here for an experimental deck I've been creating. It's basically a deck created of two new types- Brawlers and Alchemists. The Alchemists and Brawlers work together because the Brawlers activate effects when sent to the graveyard, and Alchemists can activate effects by banishing cards from the graveyard. I've tried to add cohesion between these types so that I can't just replace the Brawlers with any mill engine. My first effort towards this was a field spell known as Philosopher's stone with one of its effects being that all monsters on your side of the field, in your graveyard and in your deck are considered Alchemist type in addition t whatever else type this might be. That however doesn't fix the fundamental problem, that the Alchemists would work just as well with any mill engine. It just means that alchemist support cards can work with any monster in your deck.

Here's some solutions I'm thinking of- Have a level one brawler have the effect that when he's sent to the graveyard, I can search my deck for Philosopher's Stone. Have a spell card that allows me to sacrifice one brawler type on the field to special summon an alchemist type of the same level or less.

Paintress-Ama Angelona
Level 9
Aqua/LIGHT/Synchro/Effect
2700/2000
1 "Paintress" Tuner + "Paintress Angelona"
This card is also treated as a Normal Monster while is on the field or in the Graveyard. this effect cannot be negated.
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Neither player can Special Summon monsters from the hand or Graveyard, except Pendulum Normal Monsters or Normal Monsters. If this card leaves the field or Extra Deck: You can Set 1 "Paintress" non-Effect Xyz Pendulum monster from your Graveyard, Extra Deck , or Banished into your Pendulum Zone.

Archived