YGO RP: The LDS LIFE [IC/Accepting]

Love of Ghibli

"Seems we could just walk in the front door... Sounds good to you?"

When Thomas said this, Haru simply nodded. There weren't many people around RingTop and many of them were LDS Students. So just joining them in the raid on this school seemed to be the most logic thing.

---------------------------------------------------

Inside of the large circus tent that made the opposing school, was surprisingly nobody, except students from the LDS. Haru was pretty surprised by this. Even when the school was expecting their attack, she thought that such circus idiots weren't capable of a real surprise attack. But suddely, within a range of seconds, the tent filled with life, people jumping around everywhere, in colorful suits, before a man took a stage in the middle the tent:

Ladies and Gentlemen! Thank you for attending the latest performance of the RingTop. We are glad you LDS students were so eager to come down to watch. Ahhh but that is not why we are here correct? We are here because you seem to have questions and we are the ones with answers. How do we answer these questions in this day and age? Why of course there is only one answer! With a duel! So come challengers take the stage with my as I will take on one if not all of you in our special Free-For-All Action Duel!

'So, not a real surprise attack after all... And 'Free-For-All Action Duel... That sounds to loud and silly and unnessesary.' Haru thought disappointed, but when a few students stepped forward to accept the challenge, she turned to Thomas and made a gesture to the man, before also taking a few steps towards him. Now that she was here, she would do what she came for, showing those circus idiots the power of Fortune Dueling.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold of the night was starting to get to little Aureli, whom was shivering as she rubbed her hands over her arms to try to warm herself. The circus-like structure of the RingTop school came into view before she motioned for the Toon Dragon to dive, whom stretched out its wings and went straight through the darkness of the night toward the cloth that seperates those within from the chill that surrounds it.

...you seem to have questions and we are the ones with answers. How do we answer these questions in this day and age? Why of course there is only one answer! With a duel! So come challengers take the stage with my as I will take on one if not all of you in our special Free-For-All Action Duel!

Aureli had missed a part of the entry speech and the part she did hear had her tilting her head in confusion. "What's a 'free-for-all' duel," she asked herself as the toon she rode upon the back of readied its claws and ripped through the top, allowing the pair to fly into the center and land among others whose faces reminded her of some of the ones she saw back at the LDS school before getting off and switching her duel disk from travel to duel modes, causing the cartoon dragon to disappear from her side. "What's a 'free-for-all' duel," she asked those around her, the book she held the duel disk in under the arm it was attached to and the strange mechanical paintbrush in the other hand.

Thomas and Haru entered the tent-shaped school. The inside was dark for a moment, but then the lights came on, showing the entire circus act on full display. The joyful atmosphere seemed to quell the anger of the LDS students. When they were finished, the performers slipped away. A man, dressed in a seperate attire, and standing in the middle of the grounds spoke, addressing the LDS students with a 'thanks-for-coming' remark, as well as an invitation to a Free-for-all Action Duel. 

You know, I probably should have expected something as grand as that, Thomas thought. Still, how would such a duel work? With this many players, the concept of turns seem impractical... Does a free-for-all duel just throw away that concept? Hmm... In an Action Duel, that would make sense. 

Haru gestured to Thomas, then stepped forward, along with several other students, accepting the ringleader's challenge. Thomas stepped forward as well. Well, it looks like I'm going to find out soon enough.

But when he stepped forward, a dragon bursted through the ceiling, carry a similar face with it; the girl who was flying on a monster before. She shifted something on what appeared to be her duel disk, causing the dragon to disappear. Was that... a Solid Vision system? Since when could those come that small? 

The ringleader simply laughed as random members of the LDS assault force stepped forth to actually take up his challenge. Pretty much it was hilarious. It seemed that one of these children had some kind of device that allowed their monsters to be weird. Probably some kind of mini-version of the solid vision system. Nevertheless it was time to actually educate these students. He activated his duel pad and pointed to the top of the Ring Top "tent." At that moment a giant monitor came down ready to show cute cartoon like creatures ready to demonstrate. 

Alright then children time to make everything clear. The free for all is somewhat simple.  All participants will have separate life points. The match is over when either the Ringleader loses or when everyone else is defeated. No one can draw or attack on their first turn. And as it is a free for all friendly fire is allowed. In addition to that I'll make a special addendum for this little match. All of you LDS students can take your turn at the same time. Be warned though if one of your declares an attack then that forces all of your fellow LDS students to enter the battle phase. Now when you all are ready we can begin. Though as a teacher I must first ask if you have any questions? 

Alright then children time to make everything clear. The free for all is somewhat simple.  All participants will have separate life points. The match is over when either the Ringleader loses or when everyone else is defeated. No one can draw or attack on their first turn. And as it is a free for all friendly fire is allowed. In addition to that I'll make a special addendum for this little match. All of you LDS students can take your turn at the same time. Be warned though if one of your declares an attack then that forces all of your fellow LDS students to enter the battle phase. Now when you all are ready we can begin. Though as a teacher I must first ask if you have any questions?

The rules seemed easy enough. And the special addens that the Ringleader pulled in weren't out of the blue, since that was pretty much the exact rules they had been given before. Attacking on the first turn? Either this guy has seen people like that who have tried to do that...or...he's a complete idiot. Souji thought, before smiling. A free for all duel, and if he had to venture to guess, the LDS students would all be working together to try and bring down this circus. He knew he had to make sure they would follow through on the Ringleader and his students.

As he thought about all these things, the Fusion Duelist simply responded by activating his Duel Disk and throwing his deck into it. "Only one actually...when do we start?"

As Haruna walked in the Ringtop with others, the show started. She also enjoyed the show, maybe even more than others since she didn't even have any rage from the beginning. When the show ended, Haruna clapped loudly and the ringleader bowed to that and other people's applause, then he said

Ladies and Gentlemen! Thank you for attending the latest performance of the RingTop. We are glad you LDS students were so eager to come down to watch. Ahhh but that is not why we are here correct? We are here because you seem to have questions and we are the ones with answers. How do we answer these questions in this day and age? Why of course there is only one answer! With a duel! So come challengers take the stage with my as I will take on one if not all of you in our special Free-For-All Action Duel!

"Free for all? Just what's he talking about? There are so many people here..." She muttered and suddenly stopped as the ringleader continued

As he finished that and some duelust students began to activate their disk, Haruna narrowed her eyes and intensely stared at the Ringleader. Challenging a bunch of people without any handicap!? To explain this insane move; only if he is really insane or he has something up his sleeve. But either way, jumping in right away wouldn't change anything no matter how skillful she is. The group of students already had massive advantage on number so that no one could defeat them so easy, so if they were to lose, it must be only because the ringleader's deck is totally good at taking down multiple enemies. In short, there's no point to join this lose or nothing duel for now. With that thought, the girl sighed and stepped back without activating duel disk or asking any question to the teacher who requested it. She was now standing away from the group where she can get the best view of the stage.

The ringleader realized that no one actually had questions and even further more and he decided that he should get on with the grand spectacle.

Fine then without further ado let us get on with the show. ACTION FIELD ON!! The ringleader pointed upward as the field selection dial was spinning rapidly though would anyone actually wonder what the field spell. Go Athletic Circus! The room was transformed from a circus...to a circus. Though there was clearly a lot more room for the participants to run and jump around and the like. 

Duelist locked in battle! Kicking the Earth and dancing alongside their monsters. They storm through the field! Behold! This is the newest revolution of dueling! Action Duel!

Alright I'll take the first turn. Remember guys no one draws on the first turn. The ringleader drew his opening hand and examined the cards. Granted they weren't ideal but they would definitely get the job done. Alright I will set 5 cards facedown and end my turn! Alright kids show me what you got! He shouted as he was trying to get a rouse out of the audience. But wait there's more. We're going to broadcast this duel all over the city. So I hope you all are ready for your close-ups. Without it being completely obvious the LDS cast all had cameras on them from different angles and a majority of the monitors and electronics of the city showed this climatic duel that was underway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koto's attendant simply tilted his head as he was trying to get a read on this potential foe. Nevertheless it looked like he didn't intend to be a major disruption like the other aggressors. Olivier snickered at the stranger's request to actually meat the boss. Well I'm sorry, but I can't allow that just yet. We do have rules here. At that moment Olivier's phone buzzed and he pulled it out to look at some kind of message. A smile came across the man's face. Well while I can't let you see who's in charge, I think what questions you have will be answered shortly, if you would follow me that is. Olivier lead him to the back of the basement where their was a very old fashioned big screen TV on the wall. This is where we let the children watch live duel tournaments. It gets them motivated to do better. Right now however another important duel is currently taking place. Olivier turned on the TV and Koto would notice his LDS classmates surrounding a man inside a circus. Watch carefully, I think you are going to see why the schools did what they did.

"No attacking or drawing on first turn," Aureli asked in confusion as she drew her starting hand...and there was only one word that could be said about it.

OUCH.

Making a slight jerking motion with her right arm, as if elbowing something behind her, she played one card on the field off the bat. "I play Toon Table of Contents, which allows me to search for any card in my deck with Toon in its name or is named Manga Ryu-Ran," she announced before pulling her deck out of its slot and searching through it. Almost immediately did she find the card she needed, one of her Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragons, which she revealed after announcing that it was the card she searched for before returning the deck to its slot on her mini-duel disk and allowed it to shuffle her cards. "With Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon in my hand, I now play it in my leftmost Pendulum Spell slot."

Surrounded by a column of almost-white blue light was a rather-ornate member of the Blue-Eyes family, still looking as if it had been drawn by a professional artist, but having a variety of feathers and scales gleaming in the light to give it the appearance that more than just its eyes were blue, but the whole creature. "I place one card face-down as well and now wait for the others to respond," she spoke as she placed a single card in her Spell/Trap zones.

You better hope this doesn't end bad, Aureli, the little girl heard in her head. This guy creeps me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a note, I have a version of this in Wordpad that I'm using to keep track of what is actually where, so while there are unnamed cards in certain areas, I actually have listed what they are in this Wordpad document to prevent accidental cheating on my part. I actually figured out how to randomize what I draw and keep it fair for all. :3

Current LP: 8000

In hand: 3 Unknown Cards

On Field:
~Left Pendulum Slot: Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon

~Right Pendulum Slot: Nothing

~Monster Zones: None

~Spell/Traps Zones: 1 Face-down card
In Graveyard: Toon Table of Contents
In Extra Deck: Nothing
Banished: Nothing

Custom Cards:

[spoiler=Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon]Attribute: Light
Level: 10
Type: Dragon/Toon/Pendulum/Effect
Scales: 2/2
Pendulum Effect: Toon Monsters you control do not have to pay LP to attack and may attack the turn they are Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field, this card's name is also treated as "Toon World".
Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Toon Monsters on your side of the field while "Toon World" is face-up on the field and cannot be Summoned in other ways. If your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If they do control one, this card must target a Toon Monster for its attacks. When a Toon Monster would leave the field, place them face-up in your Extra Deck instead. Toon Monsters in your Extra Deck may be Pendulum Summoned (ignoring all other summoning conditions).
ATK: 4000
DEF: 3000
Blue-EyesRegalianToonDragon_zps5a881e82.
Note: The original BERTD was made 5 years ago, so I no longer remember who made the image. There is also no existing card with an effect like the bottom part of this card.[/spoiler]

A defensive play on the first turn...may want to stay cautious on this... Souji thought as the first student started them off. It was a Pendulum Duelist and one with a Toon Deck. It wasn't often that anyone would be seeing Toons running around, but his mind went elsewhere right now. He drew his starting hand and simply gave a short nod. It was a good hand, not too good but it was workable.

Fervent Duel

Souji smirked as he thought he'd show off a bit as he rushed up one of the beams before jumping up into the air. "Alright! Time for some action then! I summon up Masked HERO Inferno!" he said as Inferno appeared beside him, as he took another card from his hand. "Now...activate the Spell: Mask Change! And now Inferno shall be making his way for another!"

Inferno leapt into the air and then was enveloped into a ball of fire, almost as if it was going supernova.

Cast away your mask in favor for another! Descend upon the battlefield and protect the innocent with your righteous flames! TRANSFORMATION SUMMON!! HENSHIN!! Masked HERO Goka!!

The fireball finally exploded into a beautiful array of flames, as Goka appeared and stood beside Souji. "Now...Masked HERO Inferno! His effect from the grave allows me to destroy a face down on your side of the field, Ring Leader...and I choose the one in the middle." As he spoke, a flame ignited at the selected card on his opponent's side of the field as he grinned. "With that...I end my turn."

[spoiler=Souji Stats]

Souji Kazuraba

LP: 8000

Monster Zones: M-HERO Goka (ATK: 2200 -> 2300) <- By its effect

S/T Zones: 0

Hand: 3

Graveyard: M-HERO Inferno, Mask Change

[spoiler=M-HERO Inferno]

0W4aDRW.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Haru sceptically raised an eyebrow when the ringleader explained the rules of the Free-For-All Action Duel. All taking turns at the same time? Chaos, was the first thing that came to Harus mind. With, as she counted, six duelists on their side, this would get pretty messy. Regardless, after the first two of their group had taken their turn, the first one with digustingly colorful Toon Monsters that seemed to perfectly fit this disgusting Dueling Style. The second one, as fellow Fusion User more her type, seemed to use similar Monsters as Professor Marco. So he was either a fanboy or just a random concidence. She really hoped it to be the latter.

However, shaking those throughts off she turned to her fellow LDS Duelists before starting her turn and making a zipping gesture on her mouth, signalling something like 'I am mute' and hoped that they would understand it.

Then, she took her 'Fortune Void' from her hand and activated it, banishing the top card of her Deck - 'Future Visions' - along with her 'Fortune Lady Fire' and 'Fortune Lady Dark' from her Deck. Although she didn't have 'Fortune's Future' ready yet, once it came around, she could use it.

Then, she took a second Spell from her hand, 'Fortune Fusion', fusing 'Fortune Lady Light' and 'Fortune Lady Water' from her hand, so her Extra Deck spit out her 'Fortune Lady Brilliance', which she Special Summoned to her side of the field (Level 7/1400 ATK/1400 DEF/Defense Position). With this move, she ended her turn.

[spoiler='Current Field:']Haru: 8000 LP
Hand: 1
Field:
-Monster:
--Fortune Lady Brilliance
-Spell/Trap:
--none
Graveyard: Fortune Void, Fortune Lady Light, Fortune Lady Water, Fortune Fusion
Banished: Future Visions, Fortune Lady Dark, Fortune Lady Fire[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Custom Cards']Fortune Lady Brilliance
LIGHT / Spellcaster-Type / Fusion / Level 7 / 1400 ATK / 1400 DEF
"Fortune Lady Light" + 1 "Fortune Lady" Monster
Monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK for each of their Level or Ranks. If this card is destroyed by your opponents card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" Monster from your Graveyard and if you do, increase its Level by 2.

Fortune Void
Normal Spell
Banish the top card of your Deck and 2 'Fortune Lady' Monsters from your Deck. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Banish 1 'Fortune Lady' Monster you control to add 1 banished 'Fortune Lady' Monster to your hand. You can only use 1 'Fortune Void' effect per turn and only once that turn.

Fortune Fusion
Normal Spell Card
(This card is also always treated as "Polymerization".)
Fusion Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by sending Fusion Material Monsters from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard or banishing them from your Graveyard. If you control a Level 12 Monster, you can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Fortune Fusion" once per turn.[/spoiler]

Damian barely took in the rules for this duel, but he understood the basic premise. He watched a few people as he looked at his hand. To his relief, somebody before him took out one of the face down cards from the Ringleader. Although he didn't like the idea of going up against 4 face down cards, he wasn't up for a defensive play like the rest of the duelists he observed. "This could be my downfall, but I suppose this is how my Deck works anyway. However, I should have some level of caution, since I can't attack" Damian thought to himself. He then proceeded with his move.

I discard Dark Horus to Special Summon Dark Grepher, and I activate its effect. By discarding Dark Senju from my hand, I can send Ariel, the Dark Ritual Witch from my hand to the Graveyard. I then activate Darkness Invitation, by Tributing my Dark Grepher on the field, I can Ritual Summon a new monster to the field

Suddenly, a thick veil of darkness covered Dark Grepher as it slowly faded away.

I call forth the general of my army and the beginning of the end as I perform this Ritual. Reveal yourself, the Grandmaster of the Darkness!

From the veil, an older appearing man appeared in a cloak covering an outfit which seemed more fit for a dojo. However, he served as Damian's own ringleader for the show he planned. Damian looked with determination, knowing exactly what he was to do next.

When Grandmaster is Ritual Summoned, I can send 1 monster from my Deck to the Graveyard to add 1 "Dark" monster with the same ATK and DEF in my Deck or Graveyard to my hand. And unluckily for you, it can be the same one I sent. So I send Dark Armed Dragon to add it to my hand. I then activate Darkness Approaching's effect. Since a DARK monster was sent to the Graveyard, I can banish it and a monster in my Graveyard to search a "Dark" monster with the same ATK and DEF from my Deck to my hand. So I banish Dark Grepher to get another to my hand. With that, I have 3 DARK monsters in my Graveyard, which means my terror from down under can unleash. I bring to you, Ringleader, your first nightmare you'll be against this duel, Dark Armed Dragon!

And with this, a fierce dragon with a spiked tail and a razored back arrived to the stage. On the side, Damian checked his Graveyard to see if he had any good cards to banish. He couldn't banish Ariel or Senju, as they wouldn't get their effects, which would leave Damian very open the following turn. However, he had Dark Horus, to which Damian smiled demonically.

And that's not even the end of it. I'm banishing my Dark Horus to activate Dark Armed Dragon's effect and destroy your far left face down. And before I call it a turn, I get the effects of Ariel and Senju in my Graveyard. I can return my banished Dark Grepher to my hand with Ariel, and with Senju I get Phantom of Chaos from my Deck to my hand. And with that, I conclude my turn

Damian felt tense, but still very confident. If he drew a Level 5 or higher monster next turn, he would be able to fully recover from any potential damage taken. He just wasn't sure the threat he was about to face, seeing 3 face downs that have put in no work thus far.

[spoiler Current Field]

Damian: 8000

Monsters:
Grandmaster of the Darkness - 4/DARK/Warrior-2100/800

Dark Armed Dragon - 7/DARK/Dragon-2800/1000

Graveyard:

Dark Senju

Ariel, the Dark Ritual Witch

Banished:

Darkness Invitation

Dark Horus

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Custom Cards]

Dark Senju
4/DARK/Fairy
1400/1000
When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 DARK Ritual Monster to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is used for the Ritual Summon of a DARK monster or if this card is discarded or banished to activate the effect of a DARK monster, you can target 1 DARK monster in you Graveyard; Add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with the same level, but not with the same name. You can only activate this effect of "Dark Senju" once per turn.

Ariel, the Dark Ritual Witch
4/DARK/Spellcaster
1000/1800
When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 Ritual Spell Card that Ritual Summons a DARK or "Dark" monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is used for the Ritual Summon of a DARK monster or if this card is discarded or banished to activate the effect of a DARK monster, you can target 1 banished DARK monster you control whose Level is equal to or lower than that of the Ritual monster or monster whose effect was activated using this card, except for "Ariel, the Dark Ritual Witch"; Add that target to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Ariel, the Dark Ritual Witch" once per turn. 

Grandmaster of the Darkness

4/DARK/Warrior

2100/800

Can be Ritual Summoned with "Darkness Invitation". When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can send 1 monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Dark" monster with the same Type, ATK and DEF than that monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this card is discarded or banished to activate a DARK monster's effect: You can draw 1 card.

Darkness Invitation

Ritual Spell Card

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Grandmaster of the Darkness". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 4 or more. When a DARK monster is sent to your Graveyard: You can banish this card and another monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Dark" monster with the same Type, ATK and DEF than that banished monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

'So that's how this duel is going to play out,' Thomas thought, hearing the description that the the ring master provided. 'Simultaneous turns for our group? It would require a team effort, one that this group of students don't have.'

The duel began, with the ringmaster setting his entire hand in his S/T zones. Thomas held back for a while, trying to get a feel from his "teammates" decks and strategies. One guy ran a DARK beat down deck, another was a HERO user, and another person, the same girl who rode into the tent, ran some sort of Toon pendulums, which was intriguing to say at least. Alongside Haru, the other duelists made some rather powerful plays on the first turn, already destroying two of the ring master's facedowns. Thomas took a look at his hand.

'I can't do anything big at the moment.' He took a look at the remaining facedowns. 'He had to have some reason in setting all of those cards... hmm.... since this is a free-for-all match, we have our own fields, and everyone is counted as an opponent. He'll probably take advantage of that. Nothing I can do now but defend.'

"I'll set one monster facedown and a card facedown." With that, Thomas fell silent once again. He stared at his opponent, beginning to muse possibilities.

LP:8000
Field: 1 set monster, 1 set S/T.
Currently on standby.

The Ringleader simply laughed as these kids did exactly what he expected them to do, destroy his facedowns. They don't have any idea of how to wade something out. Granted he could've chained to the activation of the heroes effect, but he might as well proceed with the extravaganza. Alright kids now I draw. First, I activate one of my facedown cards, Quantum Cat. This card becomes becomes a monster once I declare an attribute and a monster type. In front of the Ringleader appeared a small cat that materialized from the face up trap card. So I declare, Winged beast and Wind! The cat began to grow a pair of wings and started to flap in the air. Now I activate from my graveyard Matriculation of the Monarch. I banish this card from the graveyard and I choose one monster on my side of the field. I get to add one monster with 2400ATK or 2800ATK from my deck to my hand. So now I'll add Raiza the Storm Monarch. As the card flew into the Ringleaders he hand he began to chuckle a little bit.

Alright children I sacrifice my Quantum Cat to summon Raiza the Storm Monarch! The cat disappeared and in its place was a massive green emperor who appeared right behind the Ringleader. Now I activate Raiza's effect I can return one monster to the top of the deck. I choose that Fortune Lady Fusion monster. Raiza! Hurricane Gale formation! Raiza made a mini-rasengan tossed it directly at the Fortune lady monster trying to bounce it away from the field.  As the ringleader set the remaining card in his hand he laughed and started to slowly maneuver himself a little more to the side. Hmmm. I guess I could attack right now and but in the interest of the performance I shall simply end my turn. 

Now children lets see what you're going to do. Pity, you all seem to have so much promise. Ashamed that you chose the wrong school. 

[spoiler: Stats]
Life: 8000

Hand: 0
Field: Raiza the Storm Monarch

S/T: 3 FD

Graveyard: Skill Prisoner, Quantam Cat

Banish: Matriculation of the Monarch

[/spoiler]

And Aureli was furious upon seeing the Storm Monarch upon the field, clutching her hand that held her paintbrush tighter than normal as she let off a minor growl.

"I draw," she declared, the growl still in her voice as she looked upon the drawn card.

"Hey, aren't Tribute Summons considered Normal Summons as well," she heard in her head, which had her looking up for a split-second.

"Yeah, they are," she muttered quite faintly under her breath.

"SETITSETITSETIT!" Aureli couldn't help but flinch at the yelling in her head as she set the drawn card, before looking back down toward the rest of her hand and her one face-down.

"First of all, I activate from the hand the Spell Card, Shadow Toon! Normally, Toon World needs to be on the field as well, but..." After playing the spell card on the field to allow its image to appear before her, she painted the mechanical paintbrush toward the one face-up card on her field, the ornate Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon, as it floated within the light of the Pendulum Zone. "...thanks to the presence of my Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon, who acts as Toon World while in a Pendulum Zone, I don't need it!" Instead of anything emerging from the projected image of the Shadow Toon card, however, Razia the Storm Monarch instead began to develop a increasingly-detailed and more cartoonish shadow under his feet before it seperated and reformed into a cartoonic version of the Monarch that wasn't attached to any of the card zones on either side of the field. "Shadow Toon Razia, strike your counterpart's owner!"

A wicked laugh emerged from the Shadow Toon as a whirlwind began to swirl around itself, its red-colored gaze falling upon the Ringleader. It soon stepped out of the swirling vortex and released it, forcing the cyclone toward the Ringleader. The odd thing about this was the fact that Aureli had not declared that she was entering combat, the Shadow Toon was pure effect damage based on the selected monster's ATK power.

"Cheap-shot! Take that, ya clown!"

"They can't hear you, Tekran," she muttered faintly under her breath before raising it back to normal volume and flipping the face-down on her field. "Now, I activate my Trap Card Painting a Toon. By paying 2000 LP, I can create a Toon Double token based on one of the opponent's monsters." A painful-looking aura surrounded Aureli for a few moments as the tip of the mechanical paintbrush in her hand began to glow. Raising it up to the air, she made a few quick swipes with it, which left behind trails of light that soon reformed themselves together into one being.

There was no mistaking this Tooned-Out version of its counterpart, the creepy grin upon its own face now apparent as it stood beside Aureli. Apparently, she used the strange paintbrush that was linked to her duel disk in summoning her creatures to the field. Maybe the Solid Vision system in her disk was split in two, between the disk itself and the paintbrush?

"That's not all," she remarked as she placed down one more card from her hand, leaving only one card left that she held. "I also play Comic Hand, which allows me to equip it to an opponent's monster, take control of it, and turn it into a Toon!" The white hand shown in the image of the card moved forward toward the Storm Monarch and made a swipe at it before pulling it in, the card tossing and spinning a bit before spitting back out another of the Tooned-Out Monarchs. "Everyone else braced for swinging," she asked of the other duelists, wanting to make sure she didn't wind up wrecking their plans by entering the Battle Phase just yet.

Normally, she hated Monarch decks, but seeing their Toon forms always makes dealing with them better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current LP: 6000

In hand: 1 Unknown Card

On Field:
~Left Pendulum Slot: Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon

~Right Pendulum Slot: Nothing

~Monster Zones: Toon Double (Token appearing as the Toon version of Razia the Storm Monarch), Razia the Storm Monarch (equipped with Comic Hand)

~Spell/Traps Zones: 1 Face-down card, Comic Hand (equipped to Razia the Storm Monarch)
In Graveyard: Toon Table of Contents, Shadow Toon, Painting a Toon
In Extra Deck: Nothing
Banished: Nothing

Custom Cards:

[spoiler=Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon]Attribute: Light
Level: 10
Type: Dragon/Toon/Pendulum/Effect
Scales: 2/2
Pendulum Effect: Toon Monsters you control do not have to pay LP to attack and may attack the turn they are Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field, this card's name is also treated as "Toon World".
Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Toon Monsters on your side of the field while "Toon World" is face-up on the field and cannot be Summoned in other ways. If your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If they do control one, this card must target a Toon Monster for its attacks. When a Toon Monster would leave the field, place them face-up in your Extra Deck instead. Toon Monsters in your Extra Deck may be Pendulum Summoned (ignoring all other summoning conditions).
ATK: 4000
DEF: 3000
Blue-EyesRegalianToonDragon_zps5a881e82.
Note: The original BERTD was made over 7 years ago, so I no longer remember who made the image. There is also no existing card with an effect like the bottom part of this card's monster effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Painting A Toon]Type: Normal Trap
Effect: Activate by paying 2000 LP while "Toon World" is face-up on your side of the field. Select 1 monster your opponent controls. Special Summon 1 "Toon Double" with the same Level/Attribute/Type/ATK/DEF as the selected monster. Each "Toon Double" token is also treated as a Toon Monster with the following effect:
"If "Toon World" on your side of the field is destroyed, destroy this card. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly."

Note: In the RP, sometimes monsters that wind up getting a Toon Double might wind up as an actual Toon later on, depending on GM approval. Same with monsters turned into Toons with the card Comic Hand.[/spoiler]

As quick as their turns ended, the Ring Leader's ended...and it showed off the potential of his deck. It seemed like a Monarch deck, one Souji remembered being highly reliant on Tribute Summons.

Souji took a deep breath, a little overwhelmed he was facing a Monarch deck. Not only were they reliant on Tributes, but they were a way to control the field...but then again...his Masked HEROs also had a bit of this within them as well. Though also seeing the Toon Duelist the way she was working, this also impressed Souji greatly. Another deep breath was taken as he drew his next card.

Counterattack

In another rash impulse, Souji leapt from the beam onto the trampolines below him, as he smirked and held out another card. "By discarding one card...and my choice being Masked HERO Fountain...I activate the Spell, Mask Change Second!" he then landed onto the ground as now Fountain appeared as a ghostly image, as he grinned. "By the effect of Mask Change Second, I select one face up monster on my side of the field and send it to the grave...in order to bring a Masked HERO of the same attribute but a higher level! And with this...I choose the only monster I have...Goka!!"

By now, the ghostly image of Fountain enveloped the hero in a shade, before it erupted into flames.

Burn away your mask and call upon the power of a new flame of hope! Engulf the wicked with your flames! TRANSFORMATION SUMMON!! HENSHIN!! Masked HERO Burning Wizard!!

From the flames, descended Souji's new Masked HERO, Burning Wizard.

"He isn't alone though...those who always have his back always lend their strength! Burning Wizard's skill! Since Mask Change Second is considered using Mask Change, his skill goes off, and now I shuffle Inferno, Fountain, and Goka back into their respective decks!" he said, as from the graveyard, three cards shot out into his hand, as he returned them to their respective decks, as they were shuffled. "But that's not the half of it. For each Masked HERO sent back from the grave...Wizard gains 300 attack and defense...so this means, 900 extra power!!"

Masked HERO Burning Wizard - 3000 ATK / 2000 DEF

+900 from the skill

Total ATK / DEF = 3900 ATK / 2900 DEF

"And once everyone else is prepared for an attack...Ring Leader, you'll be the first to taste the flames of Burning Wizard!"

[spoiler=Souji Stats]

Souji Kazuraba

Monster Zones: M-HERO Burning Wizard (ATK 3000 / DEF 2000 -> 3900 ATK / 2900 DEF)

Hand: 2

Graveyard: Mask Change, Mask Change Second

[spoiler=Masked HERO Burning Wizard]

JTpjAsa.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Damian laughed at what he thought as his pathetic opponent. Summoning a monster with clearly lower attack then his Dark Armed Dragon that can easily destroy it? HA! That would have prevented a possible OTK, something Damian found to be too natural. Even better was the Toon duelist getting around his Skill Prisoner and having 2 Raiza on board. He drew his next card, Allure of Darkness. "Not what I wanted, but might just be what I need", He thought to himself.

"I activate Allure of Darkness. I draw 2 cards, then banish 1 DARK monster from my hand."

He drew his 2 cards. Alector, the Dark Sovereign and Abyssmegalo of the Dark. He immediately resumed his devilish smile acquired from earlier, as he banished Phantom of Chaos, preparing for what seemed to be a very explosive play.

"I activate the effect of Alector, the Sovereign, which allows me to discard himself and another "Dark" monster, such as my Dark Grepher, and add a "Dark" or "Darkness" monster to my hand, which I choose to be Felgrand Dark Dragon. Then I activate the effect of Abyssmegalo of the Dark, which allows me to discard it and a "Dark" monster, such as my other Dark Grepher. to acquire a "Dark" or "Darkness" Spell or Trap from my Deck to my hand, which I choose Dark Ceremony. I now activate it, sending The Dark Creator from my Deck to the Graveyard to send the 2nd nightmare and the last nightmare you'll be facing this duel!"

A large summing circle formed around the center of Damian's field, with 2 lighted flames on each side. The energy from the card sent from his Deck drained as it formed a glistening but frightening black dragon.

With this unholy ceremony, I bring from the world below
The dragon of which will be the last you know
Watch the duel as it ends with this summon
As I call forth, FELGRAND DARK DRAGON!

And with this, the dragon roared in delight, ready to deal massive damage. Damian, however, turned attention to Dark Armed Dragon, looking to rid of Raiza and maybe another set card. He knew this wouldn't be difficult, as he could just bait out the Ringleader's Skill Prisoner, and get some banished cards in to recover with Ariel, but was it worth it? Quickly, he made a decision.....

"Now you aren't so lucky, because now you also have to go up against my Dark Armed Dragon. Lemme remind you of his effect. First I banish Alector, the Dark Soveriegn to destroy your Set card."

And with that, the expected Skill Prisoner stopped his effect from going through

"Then I'll banish Ariel, the Dark Witch to destroy another Set card. Now you have one less card to stop my the real action, cause I now activate the effect of Felgrand Dark Dragon! Once while it's face up on the field, I can banish 1 DARK monster from my Graveyard, and it gains the effect of that monster until the end of the turn. So I banish Abyssmegalo of the Dark and I activate its effect. By Tributing an Attack Position DARK monster I control, such as my Grandmaster of the Darkness, my monster can get a second attack this turn. Combined with my Dark Armed ripping apart your Raiza and my friends here with their monster, you're looking at more than 20,000 damage if you have nothing to stop us! However, this is a tag duel, so I'll let my other teammates make their plays before the Grand Finale."

Oh these LDS students are definitely cut from the same mold. They think that they are all different and with their different schools of summoning and whatnot. They're all just little aggressors not knowing about the fine arts and the beauty of a performance. As the toon girl continued with her plays the ringleader was knocked back, but he did a flip and landed on hanging ring. Then came the hero user who undoubtedly summoned more Hero monsters. A cute trick no doubt. Then came the Dark user. Now this one was full of himself. 

Nevertheless the ringleader laughed as he flipped open his facedown that was going to be destroyed by the effect Dark Armed Dragon. I activate Swamp Mirrorer. Just like my cat my trap here becomes a monster if I declare an attribute and an attribute. So with that I'll choose Dark...Reptile just for the fun of it. A massive creature of vines and scales appeared in front of the Ringleader. However that doesn't stop your dragon's effect does it? So with that...the ringleader effortlessly reached up and grabbed an Action Magic! I activate my facedown card Imperial Custom. So now Continuous Trap cards cannot be destroyed by card effects. Sooo yeah. The dark armed's effect simply bounces off the swamp monster. Noting this the ringleader had his skill prisoner ready in case Dark Armed turned it's sights towards Imperial Custom. 

Sooo only 1 facedown left kids. And only two more of you to go. What else do you have for me?

[spoiler: stats]
Life: 5600

Hand: 1 (AM)

Field: Swamp Mirrorer (1800/1000 ATK)
ST: 1 FD; Swamp Mirrorer; Imperial Custom

Graveyard: Quantum Cat
Banish: Skill prisoner, Matriculation of the Monarch

[/spoiler]

Haru was blasted backwards and grunted soundless when her Fusion Monster was returned to her Extra Deck. While she picked herself up from the tent floor, the other LDS players continued making big plays, however, the Ringleader was able to fend them of with his Trap Cards.

When the turn came to Haru she drew her card and finally since the last Duel, she had a bit of luck, happily inserting 'Fortune's Future' into her Duel Disk, returning 'Fortune Lady Dark' to her Graveyard and drawing two cards. One of them being 'Fortune Lady Wind'. Yet the Ringleader did still have his 'Skill Prisoner', but if she made another evasive play, it would still be there. So, she might as well take it out.

So she Normal Summoned her Monster, 'Fortune Lady Wind' and used her effect to try to destroy 'Imperial Custom'. Yet, as expected, that effect was negated, but at least 'Skill Prisoner' was gone now, so the others could destroy that nasty card. Lastly she set 1 card face-down and prepared for battle, although her 900 ATK Monsters wasn't that impressive after all.

[spoiler='Current Field']Haru: 8000 LP
Hand: 1
Field:
-Monster:
--Fortune Lady Wind (Level 3/900 ATK/900 DEF)
-Spell/Trap:
--1 Set
Graveyard: Fortune Void, Fortune Lady Light, Fortune Lady Water, Fortune Fusion, Fortune Lady Dark, Fortune's Future
Banished: Future Visions, Fortune Lady Fire[/spoiler]

Koto sighed after his request to met the leader was denied. He would of preferred to talk about what was going on rather than watch a duel on an old TV. Watching the duel which was taking place at the Ring Top school. It would seem at a glance that the head of the school was at a major disadvantage facing off against multiple LDS students, but looking at the field and the way the head was behaving in detail would suggest otherwise. When the camera started to move around the LDS students, he saw a few people he recognized from his fusion class and others just by face. Sighing again Koto turned towards the attendant.

"Is there a reason you are showing me this duel instead of just telling me why LDS is being attacked or are you just doing this to avoid me meeting your boss. I only came here to find out why you are attacking for personal reasons, and as I have said before I have no intention of dueling anyone here whether they are LDS or from here. I also disagree with the fact of having a duel arena underneath a church. I'm not that religious but it still doesn't seem right."

Turning back to the screen, awaiting the attendants response was the only thing which would decide if Koto stayed to watch the duel or leave and try to get information from another school. 

Olivier only sighed as this intruder spouted rhetoric that was completely contradictory to his actions. Do you hear you? You storm into another school demanding to see who's in charge for no reason other than you want to. You're a student, what right do you have to see whoever's in charge? In actuality, you might as well be one of those dueling aggressors out there. You're a stranger associated with a school attacking a church, you don't get to make demands. Not that I owe you any explanation, but the dueling arenas that we have down here are from a generous donator and they are for entertainment purposes...like a card game should be. You actually do not have to stay. You are more than free to leave. That duel on the TV there will probably answer the questions you have, but you definitely don't have to stay here to watch it.

Olivier motioned his hand to the nearest exit where the invader would easily find a simple exit out of the church. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed that one of the combatants went without playing the turn and thus the opposition was ready to enter battle phase. Monster's went ready on the attack and he started to laugh as he flipped open his last facedown card to reveal the ultimate trap of the Free-for-all duel. The LDS students monsters and students were eclipsed in darkness as the spotlight shined on the Ringleader! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I activate the signature trap card "School of the Patrician!" With this trap card during my opponent's battle phase I get to choose which monsters attack and what they attack. Of course all monsters have to declare attacks and monsters cannot attack themselves. Sooo let us begin the grand show shall we.

The monsters were struggling against their own will but one could tell that the ringleader was in charge. Burning wizard attack Dark Armed Dragon, Toon Raiza Attack...umm I don't know ,clash of winds, swing at Fortune Lady Wind! Finally, Dark Felgrand attack the Toon Double token. The monsters all began to look at each other and the ringleader proceed to jump and glide around the field with impressive acrobatics while the monsters proceeded to launch attacks at each other. As he landed in the middle of the ring top he thought it was time to impart some knowledge on these youngsters. I'm curious about your dueling curriculum youngsters, do you actually know what you're studying? Or better yet do you even know how you all get the materials you get for your fancy school. Your school literally muscles other schools out of the business of education. But that won't matter seeing as you all are about to be muscled out of this duel. Stationary students living in a world of constant motion! It is embarrassing.

[spoiler: Custom Card]

School of the Patrician

Continous Trap
During your opponent's Battle Phase you may decide which monster(s) declare an attack and the targets for those attacks. All monsters must declare attacks during the turn you activate this effect. Monster(s) may not attack themselves. The activation and effects of this card cannot be negated if you control another Continuous Trap Card.

[/spoiler]

Aureli, who at some point hopped onto the shoulder of the toon-possessed Razia, let loose an "eep!" as the converted Toon was forced to turn toward its declared opponent, Fortune Lady Wind, with the little girl on its shoulder clinging on for dear life. Toon Monarch Razia gave both the monster and its controller a look of apology before summoning around itself the same winds a darker double once sent toward the Ringleader that truly owned it. After only a second did the monster jump back out of the whirlwind before pushing it forward to destroy the lady. She became worried at how her own Toons were being used to destroy the others, a problem she had never dealt with before. She was used to her Toons being able to rip through her opposition before they could truly mount an assault upon her. so this left her feeling like more of a danger to her teammates than an ally, which began the start of tears falling down her face.

In the mean time, the voice in her head was rapidly-dropping off words she had never heard before like a rainstorm dropping bombs into an nuclear reactor...

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright...time for the attack! Burning Wizard...ATTACK!!"

This was Souji's attack on the Ring Leader with the other students...but it was only to last shortly...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I activate the signature trap card "School of the Patrician!" With this trap card during my opponent's battle phase I get to choose which monsters attack and what they attack. Of course all monsters have to declare attacks and monsters cannot attack themselves. Sooo let us begin the grand show shall we. Burning wizard attack Dark Armed Dragon!

Without any hesitation, Masked HERO Burning Wizard stopped short of the Ring Leader, before spun around and looked directly at the Dark Armed Dragon, controlled by Damian. No...no...not good!! Souji thought as he watched the two monsters beginning to make their moves on each other. And from the looks of it, Burning Wizard was going to do damage to Damian. He quickly glanced at his hand, trying to find something to work with...currently there was nothing. Meant it was time for only one thing...Action Card time.

As fast as he could, Souji ran off and starting his parkour thing once more. He looked frantically for one, until he finally found one...a top the trapeze stand. BINGO! he thought as he leapt up onto the trampoline underneath the trapeze and made his way to the top of it. He grabbed it and smirked, as he tossed it in the air before catching it once more. "Time for a bit of heroics! ACTION CARD!! Action Magic - Illusion Dance!" he said as the card appeared before him, in the holographic nature. "Sure, the effects can't be negated...however, this helps in another way. The attacks stop and all face up monsters go to defensive positions, until the end of the turn!" As he spoke this, all the monsters, went immediately in defense mode, as he jumped down onto the trampoline and grinned as he landed back on his feet.

"What's next...Ring Leader?"

[spoiler=Souji's Stats]

Souji Kazuraba

Monster Zones: M-HERO Burning Wizard (ATK 3000 / DEF 2000 -> 3900 ATK / 2900 DEF)

Hand: 2

Graveyard: Mask Change, Mask Change Second, Action Magic - Illusion Dance

[/spoiler]

Archived