YGO RP: The LDS LIFE [IC/Accepting]

Love of Ghibli

"Oh, holy Ra, this won't end well," the voice in the back of her head exhaled as the girl became indirectly challenged by another person that had approached her. The smile still on her face, she turned to the back of her large book...

...which she revealed to be more than just a simple sketchbook. It was actually a book bound to a miniature box that contained a colorful modern duel disk scaled down for someone of her size. While it looked relatively normal when compared to a duel disk made in these times outside of the bright rainbow colorations, there seemed to be something attached to it. Attached to it seemed to be a electronic paintbrush with one end, the 'painting' end tipped with a light that could change colors at will. She held the strange brush, which was connected to the duel disk via a thin wire that defiantely wasn't long enough for her to trip on, in the hand that had her duel disk on the same arm.

"Yeah, we can play," she happily chirped, her bright emerald eyes closing for a brief moment before reopening them.

She had quite a bounce to her step...

(Time to get the substitute deck set up...yes, I'm actually using my own cards for determining what I actually have drawn with her while using certain cards as proxies for the custom/anime-only cards. So, if I get a crap-o-la hand, I get a bad hand. If I post up a GOOD hand...I actually GOT it.)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orpheus shook his head. "No, I didn't mean . . . oh, why not. I need to wake up, anyway."

He put out his arm, allowing his Duel Disk to extend. "I'll go first, seeing as I did technically challenge you."

He drew five cards, and his normal smile grew wider. "I'll start by Summoning my Blast Magician."

As he spoke, a red-clad Spellcaster with a sinister-looking scythe took up a spot in front of him.

"Next, I shall activate my Spell Absorption. Now, every time either of us activates a Spell Card, I will gain 500 Life Points. This will also put a Spell Counter on my Magician."

As he spoke, a small blue orb took up an orbit around Blast Magician.

"I now activate my Pendulum cards, Clock End Magician and Clock Beginning Magician!" Orpheus said, getting into the swing of the Duel. "This will put two more Spell Counters on Blast Magician, and give me 1000 Life Points!"

There were now three blue orbs in orbit around Blast Magician, and two clock-bearing sorcerers, one armored in gold and white, the other in platinum and black.

"Last but not least," Orpheus said, getting really excited, "I Pendulum Summon my Magician's Valkyria in Defense Mode! This grants me 400 more Life Points, due to my Clock End!"

As a beautiful, spell-armored woman took her place in front of Orpheus in a slight crouch, Orpheus said, "And that will end my turn."

[spoiler=Current Field]
Orpheus- 5400 LP, hand empty

Blast Magician (1400 ATK, Attack Position, 3 Spell Counters)
Magician's Valkyria (1800 DEF, Defense Position)

Clock Beginning Magician (Scale 1, controller can pay 400 Life Points to get back Spell Cards)
Clock End Magician (Scale 8, controller gains 400 Life Points every time they Pendulum Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster)

Spell Absorption (controller gains 500 Life Points for every Spell Card)

Graveyard Empty

Banished Zone Empty
[/spoiler]

{I do the same thing, except that I actually own every card in this Deck, and I put pieces of toothed paper in the sleeves for my customs!}

(Wow...just WOW...be thankful I decided to reshuffle my hand... Two Blue-Eyes Toon Dragons, one Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon and one Toon World Bookkeeper was four of my starting hand...you'd have been dead off the bat, since BERTD acts as Toon World plus allows Toons to attack the turn they're summoned and Toon World Bookkeeper allows the Toons to be Pendulum Summoned no matter what other rulings gets in their way as long as a Toon World is on the field...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little girl with her hair held up with black bows tied together with golden bells had drawn her starting five cards from her deck just before her newfound opponent played his first card, the red-armored Blast Magician. Her face kept her cheerful smile, even as her opponent began to regain life points and build up his field.

"You need to add cards like that, girl," the voice in her head remarked about her deck as she finally peeked at her hand. She was going to use these cards in this school for the first time, no one knew what she had.

"I'll place two cards face-down first," she started as she moved two of the 6 cards in her hand to her Spell/Trap cards zones face down. "I also activate 'Toon Table of Contents', which allows me to search my deck for any card with 'Toon' in its name or is named 'Manga Ryu-Ran'." With quick work did she search through her deck, even with the mechanical paintbrush in one hand, almost instantly pulling out one card from it before shuffling and returning the rest of the deck to its slot. "Now I play into my left Pendulum Zone the Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon I just searched for!"

The mechanical paintbrush soon began to glow after she placed the card in its slot, her cue to act. With a few swift swishes in the air, the light that emerged from the paintbrush began to reform itself in a new way, into a regal cartoonic silver dragon with its eyes currently closed as it remained enclosed with a pale-blue light. "Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon, as a Pendulum Spell, acts as if it's called 'Toon World' instead and allows me to attack the turn my Toons are summoned without having to pay a LP cost for them. With that in mind, I go ahead and Special Summon through their own effects the two Toon Mermaids in my hand. Come on out!"

Just like she did with the Pendulum monster, she spun around in her spot as the light streaks from her unusual paintbrush followed after the tip's pathway, soon collecting and splitting into twin cartoony mermaids hidden within large red shells. "Now, they can't stay..." a pair of whines suddenly became heard at this statement, like they were programmed to know exactly what was going to happen. Who knows, maybe they did. "...because I Tribute them both to Special Summon the Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon!"

Unlike her ornate performance in introducing the twin Toon Mermaids, the girl made a single downward slash in front of herself with the painbrush, which created a pitchblack line in front of her. Emerging from the line was a pair of white claws, then a white draconic head with blue-ringed eyes and a wicked toothy grin. The newly-arrived dragon was quick to consume the fishy monsters before focusing its eyes on its opponent.

No, not the opponent's monsters. THE OPPONENT HIMSELF.

"Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon...attack his life points directly!"

That wicked grin on the cartoon's face became even more evil in appearance as it reared its head back to launch a powerful blast of lightning at its newfound foe...yes, the opponent may have gained 1000 LP from her moves, but he clearly lost more than he gained...

[spoiler=Current Field]

~LP Totals~

Aureli: 4000

Orpheus: 3400

~Orpheus gained 1000 LP, but then lost 3000 LP soon after.

~Hand~
Currently empty

~Field~
"Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon" in left Pendulum Zone
~Scale 2, acts as "Toon World" and allows for Toon Monsters to attack the turn they are summoned and not have to pay LP to attack.
"Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon" in ATK
~3000 ATK/2500 DEF
2 Unknown face-down cards in Spell/Trap zones

~Graveyard~
"Toon Mermaid" x2
"Toon Table of Contents" x1

~Banished~
Nothing[/spoiler]

Shizun looked around wondering who was going to catch the fade and like the hands of fate the gave him some soft lookin'...somethin'. Someone really wanted to action duel him. Clearly they didn't know how amazingly fly and awesome he was, but meh might as well put his skills to good use and show off. But wait there was more. It seemed that the two were getting some attention from the campus. So that means he could only do one thing. Shizun flicked his hair in a divalicious manner. Why of course, boo! Let's take to it to the streets! Time to TURN UP! 

Shizun led this Thomas fellow to an open field and laid his hand on a random sphere. At that moment a bunch of different scenes appeared on the dial. Sooo you sound kinda' new to the life so I guess I'll drive for a little while, you know teachin' the youngin's and all. So first we pick a stage. Annnddd since we take it to the streets I choose Magical Broadway! Shizun presses the screen and then pulls him into the blank room. Now that we've picked the stage this happens...Seconds later the blank room transformed into a vibrant city street with lights and cars. Welcome to an Action Field. Let's begin shall we.

Duelist locked in battle!...They storm through the field!...This newest evolution of dueling! ACCTTIOOONN DUEL!

After the duelist said their chant Shizun already had his cards drawn. Soo since you're new I'll take the first turn meaning I don't draw. Now here goes the fun world of Action Duels. First I activate the spell card Trade-In meaning I discard my level 8 Tytannial to draw two cards. Shizun discards his plant monster and draws two cards. Shizun snickered as he examined his cards. I activate the next spell One-for-One  so I send one monster from my hand to the grave to special summon one Level 1 monster from my deck. In front of Shizun rises a creepy plant monster with a slight drop and an inflated steel balloon with spikes. Meet Evil Thorn. Now Evil Thorn's effect activates I tribute it to deal you 300 points of damage. The inflated steel balloon fires a bunch of spikes at Thomas as it self destructs. That's not the important part I also get to summon two more Evil Thorns . Now two creepy plant creatures appeared in front of Shizun. Now I tribute both of these monsters to Advance Summon Chirubimé, Princess of Maples  (1800/2800) in Attack mode. In front of him arose a beautiful maiden bloom from a series of Maple leaves. Shizun looked at his diva and was pretty proud. Yeah bad b**ch right here!

I set one card face down and end my turn.

[spoiler: Stats]

Life: 8000

Field: Chirubimé, Princess of Maples (1800/2800) ATK 
S/T: 1 FD

Hand: 1
Grave: Evil Thorn x3; One-for-One; Gigaplant; Trade- In; Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

[/spoiler] 

"Hey, is something the matter? You're eating like a wild beast there."

Sasha was not prepared for the new entrance, and was especially not prepared for such a vicious assault on her own character. "A wild beast..? Is that supposed to be some clever little quip about my heritage?!? We are a proud people, full of artists and geniuses, both of which I am, so you better back off before you end up with that tray of foot stuffed down your throat, milk carton and all!" Having spouted off a considerable threat, considering the circumstances, Sasha stared her adversary in the face, fumes practically shooting out of her ears.

"Anyway, I'm Bunko, third year from the Ritual School. Wanna talk for a bit?"

Sasha's jaw nearly hit the table. She didn't so much as flinch... Who is this girl, that she could stare death in the face so plainly and do nothing more than introduce herself... She felt her left eyebrow twitch twice before collecting herself once again, tapping her fingernails on the table in quick sequence. Extending a hand toward the one who called herself Bunko, she introduced herself in turn: "My name is Sasha Alkeiv, but you can just call me Sasha. I am also a third year at this school, though I am from the Xyz class. I have always been of the opinion that monsters are more powerful if they are summonable without dead draws like spell cards, but I suppose that whatever toy will keep a kid happy does its job just fine." Sasha's face showed a poisonous smirk at this last comment, agreeing wholeheartedly with her professor's teachings. 

Bringing a hand up to scratch her chin, she continued on, "And in response to your question, I have never been one for talking, especially with strangers. Of course, I am of the opinion that one of the best ways of introducing one's self is through a duel, so would you care for one of those?" a few teeth showed as a murderous glint appeared in her eye, "or did you forget your ritual spells at home?"

Orpheus narrowed his eyes.

"Ah. Toon monsters. Well, can't say that I didn't see that coming. Well, I draw."

His face lit up. "Here we are- I activate Ookazi!"

Instantly, a fireball appeared in front of Orpheus, gave Blast Magician his sixth Spell Counter, and hit Aureli.

"Now, I use up five of Blast Magician's Spell Counters to destroy your Toon Dragon- he's cute and all, but the show's over!"

Blast Magician thrust his scythe into the air, catching five of the floating blue orbs, and grinned under his hat. A huge slice of fire cut the Toon Dragon in two, which looked a considerable bit like burning paper.

"Now," Orpheus said, pulling his arm back, "Valkyria enters Attack Position, and my two Magicians go for a one-two punch! Go, Mystic Combination Slice!"

Blast Magician and Magician's Valkyria leapt into the air, prepared to cut into Aureli and blast her with magic, respectively . . . {I'll cut off here, in case you have an effect which reacts to an attack.}

[spoiler=Current Field]
Orpheus- 3900 LP, hand empty
Blast Magician (1400 ATK, Attack Position, 1 Spell Counter)
Magician's Valkyria (1600 ATK, Attack Position)

Clock Beginning Magician
Clock End Magician

Spell Absorption

Graveyard: Ookazi

Banished Zone Empty

Aureli- 3200 LP (Under Attack), hand empty

No Monsters

Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon

2 Set cards

Graveyard: Toon Mermaid (x2), Toon Table of Contents, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon

Banished Zone Empty
[/spoiler]

The flame from the spell was direct in its strike, its implied heat burning the young girl, though it thankfully left no real wounds.

The Valkyria's spell struck true before the Blast Magician slashed swiftly into her small form, the phantom pains of the two attacks affecting her more than they would a normal duelist.

Falling to her knees with only 200 LP left, she was on the verge of crying her eyes out.

"Oh, man, not the waterworks," she heard in her head, but she didn't care. She knew that both of her face-downs weren't gonna help with the rest of this current duel. Unless she got a god draw next turn...

Orpheus raised a cautious eyebrow.

"Kid? Are you okay?" He sighed, and put his hand to his temple. "You do know that you still have 200 Life Points left, right?"

Sure as sure was, Blast Magician and Magician's Valkyria were standing in front of Orpheus, their respective light smirk and serious frown indicating that the battle was not over yet.

"Look, kid, or whatever your name is, I'll tell you what. After this Duel, I'll show you something. A few tricks, and a card that my Dad gave me after he retired. I think your Deck might appreciate the addition."

{By the way, Blast Magician cut her- dude has a scythe. Valkyria has a magical staff thing.}

Tray of foot? So that's what chicken strips are called in this girl's hometown. I probably should try writing an article about this. This is too funny to not be investigated~

While the girl's reply to her was less than polite, probably because she missed the joke or lacked the self-introspection needed to realize what she was doing, But, it's not really a problem for her, as she was more amused by how she referred to the chicken strips she just ordered, due to how hilariously sounding it was to her. Really, 'foot'? Bunko tried to not giggle when she heard that.

"My name is Sasha Alkeiv, but you can just call me Sasha. I am also a third year at this school, though I am from the Xyz class. I have always been of the opinion that monsters are more powerful if they are summonable without dead draws like spell cards, but I suppose that whatever toy will keep a kid happy does its job just fine."

I don't even used rituals that much...

"Ah, you're one of the students of that old geezer, huh? Nice to meet you~"

"And in response to your question, I have never been one for talking, especially with strangers. Of course, I am of the opinion that one of the best ways of introducing one's self is through a duel, so would you care for one of those?"

"Uh...."

Great, why does everyone ask for a duel all the time? I'm not in the mood for this...

Before Bunko managed to sound her refusal of the offer, Sasha had already continued to talk, now with an eerie grin on her face.

"or did you forget your ritual spells at home?"

Seeing no other options, Bunko decided to just accept her challenge and started to think of a way to end it fast. But then, she realized that a feature duel article would help her pad the tomorrow's issue of her paper, especially if the duel is interesting. Thinking about that made her smile, as she prepared herself for a duel.

"Hey, I do use spell cards, but you'd be gullible and naive if you think that I'll rely on ritual spell cards!

I'll show you the meaning of silence~"

----

"Anyway, I'll let you go first. I'm curious as of how you'll play, nothing much."

Now wearing her trademark blue camera glasses to record the duel, Bunko decided to allow Sasha to go first, though, it was less about how she wanted to see how Sasha played or some silly strategic stuffs like that. It'd just be lame if she was the one that started the duel, as in a way, that'd put her as if she was the one having the advantage here, while she wanted to make this article to be as dramatic as possible.

Her hand was not really bad though. EvoLVe Force, Silent Magician LV 4, Pathway of Silence, Song of Truth, and Compulsory Evacuation Device.

She definitely would be able to work with this hand, no doubt.

"My name is Aureli," she muttered through her kiddish tears before standing back up, daring to draw a card from the top of her deck after wiping away the tears from her eyes...

...a small glimmer of hope appeared in her eyes upon seeing the card.

"I play the Equip Spell 'Comic Hand', which allows me to take control of one of your monsters and turn them into a Toon!" Aureli exclaimed after placing the card on her duel disk, a colorful book suddenly appearing in front of her before opening up and revealing a white-gloved hand attached to somewhere inside the book. "Grab Magician's Valkyria!"

The white glove opened up wide before stretching out toward the female magician, grabbing her before she could get the chance to escape. With swift movement was the girl literally pulled into the book before it was closed, shaking around violently a few times before it released its capture.

...Magician's Valkyria looks rather scary as a Toon Monster...

"Toon Valkyria," Aureli called out. "Burn the other magician!"

Flying swiftly in front of her former partner, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before jamming the staff into his chest and erasing him at point blank...

[spoiler=Current Field]~LP Totals~
Aureli: 0200
Orpheus: 4100

~Hand~
Currently empty for both players

~Field~

Aureli:
"Blue-Eyes Regalian Toon Dragon" in Aureli's left Pendulum Zone
"Magician's Valkyria (a.k.a Toon Valkyria) in ATK Position in Aureli's Monster zone
~1600 ATK/1800 DEF
"Comic Hand" face-up in Aureli's Spell/Trap zone
~used to take control of Magician's Valkyria, allows her to attack directly when chosen to
2 Unknown face-down cards in Aureli's Spell/Trap zone

Orpheus:

"Clock Beginning Magician" in Orpheus' left Pendulum Zone
"Clock End Magician" in Orpheus's right Pendulum Zone
"Spell Absorption" face-up in Orpheus' Spell/Trap zone

~Graveyard~
Aureli: "Toon Mermaid" x2, "Toon Table of Contents", "Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon"
Orpheus: Blast Magician, Ookazi

~Banished~
Nothing for either[/spoiler]

As Sasha stepped around the table, sliding her deck into her duel disk, she began to giggle very quietly, muttering to herself, "It is time for the Czar to reign supreme." Taking a position so that she faced her opponent, she picked up a hand of 5 cards, mentally noting each of them: MPB Harrliard, MPB Megaraptor, Aerial Recharge, Do A Barrel Roll, and MPB Hamstrat... Looking up at her opponent, she heard the apparent reasoning for the turn order, "So you are the sneaky type, eh? I see how it is. You just want to see what I have so you can plan your first turn accordingly! Sorry, but I won't give you such a luxiury."

Sasha placed three face-down cards, a monster (MPB Hamstrat) and two in her spell and trap card zone (Do A Barrel Roll, and Aerial Recharge). "I think I will take a... discreet first turn. Like they say, send in spies before soldiers!" Looking at the cards on field as well as those remaining in hand, she considered her options, If she activates a card effect, I can chain my Aerial Recharge and Do A Barrel Roll to negate it. Better yet, she attacks into my Hamstrat beforehand, so that I can keep the Recharge on field. In any case, I should be able to deal with whatever she throws at me.Her cruel smirk quickly turning cheerful again, she sang out to her opponent, "Pass turn!"

[spoiler=Board]

Life: 8000

Field: 1 FD (MPD Hamstrat)
S/T: 2 FD

Hand: 2
Grave: Nothing

[/spoiler]

Orpheus smiled at seeing the little girl so happy. "Good to see you enjoying yourself, Aureli. I draw!"

Upon looking at his card, he shook his head. "Too bad I have to end it for you. I activate the magic of my Mystical Space Typhoon!"

With that, a blue storm flew forward, smashing the book-and-hand combination to bits, releasing Magician's Valkyria to stand on Orpheus's field again.

"Good to see you back, Valkyria. I missed you. Now, would you please end this for me? GO! MYSTIC ENERGY PULSE!"

The proud woman raised her staff, pointed it at Aureli's face, and fired off a powerful blast of energy.

"Now that's game," Orpheus said as the holographic constructs faded.

He walked over to Aureli. "Now, about that card- it's one that I think you might like."

He handed her a card picturing a huge golden book with a bright red bookmark. "This is the Equip Spell Card called Bookmark of the Gods. I don't use it because it doesn't really do much for my Deck, but you might like it- equip it to any monster on the field, and it gets put into your Deck when it gets destroyed."

He smiled. "Now don't cry, okay? I'm Orpheus. I'm in your Pendulum class, and I'd like to be your friend."

{Card:
Bookmark of the Gods
Equip Spell Card
Equip this card to any Level 4 or higher Effect Monster on the field. When the equipped monster would be sent to the Graveyard, place it in your Deck in a place equal to its Level.

Basically, if it's a Level 4, it becomes the fourth card from the top of your Deck.}

The offering of a gift was probably a smart thing on Orpheus' part before he blasted the mechanical hand to bits, then had the female magician blast her, for her curiosity kept another waterworks scene from playing out as he held out a card and gave it to her, which the young child took to look at it, saying a default "thank you" as she looked at it.

In a twisted way, this bookmark card could act like her Comic Hand, she vaguely realized, but instead of the monster appearing on her side the field immediately...she temporarily owns the card by holding the monster to be drawn in her deck.

"I so called it," she heard, though her only response was a sudden slight elbow into the air, as if there had been someone immediately behind her. Only she heard the resulting 'oof'.

(She just elbowed the Toon Dragon in her head. XP)

Koto watched as the to Pendulum users finished their duel. He had heard rumors about a new monster type and didn't believe it until now. From watching the duel he knew that anti-spell cards would be a good start if he was going to duel any Pendulum users. Losing interest in the other duels going on, Koto got up and decided to head back to the Fusion hall. Yet again bringing out his deck he began talking to himself "Well, this year is going to be interesting, though the question remains is there anyone who could push me enough to bring out my full potential." Thinking back through the day Koto remembered Katana, the boy who had defeated Professor Marco. Smiling that he had found his next opponent, Koto walked off, back to the Fusion hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana looked at the boy who had accepted her duel, she knew that if this boy had defeated a teacher he would be hard to beat. Drawing her five cards, the boy looked at her "You can go first." Kohana smiled, she knew that the person who went first in turn based games had the advantage, even if it was ever so slight. Her starting hand was decent, but looking at her opponent he hadn't got the hand he wanted. "Your mistake, I summon 'Ally of Justice Garadholg' and set 2 cards, that will end my turn." With her face-down cards Kohana knew she could resurrect Garadholg if it got destroyed and negate any effect her opponent would use and if he played a LIGHT monster with 1700 ATK Garadholg could deal with it.

"My turn, so I draw!" Katana placed his hand on the top of the Deck and swiftly pulled the top card off of it. 'One of my Dark Magician Girls! Too bad I can't use it yet. I'll save it for later. Besides, I've got Polymerization in my hand.'

"I Summon the mystical warper of time, Time Wizard! Not only this but I activate its effect. I can flip a coin and call what it will land on. If I get it right, then I destroy all of your monsters. Go, Time Wizard, Time Warp!" An arrow inside the wizard's clock-shaped staff started to whirl. "Now Time Wizard, stop spinning." The staff began to stop moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love lunch break, too bad I missed out on the Xyz basics!" Exclaimed Takara. She was late to school because of an... Event... and she didn't know how to Xyz Summon yet. She scanned the room she was in. 'Wow! Duels are happening everywhere!' She thought to herself. 'Who should I duel first?' After looking around some more she saw a short, young girl with black hair. "Hey! You there!" Takara shouted, while waving at the girl. "You with the black hair... and clothing." The girl looked up, and it seemed as if she was analyzing Takara.

Koto had arrived at the Fusion hall and was surprised to see what was going on. The same person who beat Marco was dueling a student, looking at the cards Katana's opponent was using he assumed that she was using a Synchro deck. Sighing, Koto wondered why they were dueling in the classroom. Still, Katana seemed to be doing badly, against Marco he had gotten out two fusion in a matter of turns, and yet know he had Time Wizard out and was going to use a luck based effect. Looking back, he saw that Katana's opponent, a girl a year or so younger than Koto himself, was still calm despite what the effect might do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HOLD IT!" Kohana shouted "I activate my trap card, Justice Splinter! It negates the effect of a LIGHT monster and destroys it. You also have to send a different non-DARK monster from your hand or Deck to your Graveyard, on top of that effect!" A large metal point appeared out of the trap card and pierced the wizard's round body. "Now your Time Wizard is destroyed, and you will lose a card from your hand or Deck, so you will have to do better."

Haruna looked at the tall boy who just defeated the petit girl. She whistled while staring at the point where blue pillars of Pendulum cards just disappeared, so the rumors about new type of Summoning were true, and by watching that duel, she has learned that these Pendulum Cards act like Continuous Spell Cards, and that while there are 2 of them face-up, player can Special Summons monsters from their hand with Level between the number showed on the pillar. She looked at another way, it seemed the action duel between that plant-user and the brown-haired guy just started and won't end so soon. At first she decided to wait for the result and challenge the winner of that match, but she changed her mind.. no, not changed. If she finish this fast then she'd get 2 opponent this noon, and then she could just go for the meal when others go to class, perfect!

"Hey, you over there, nice duel" Haruna said to the guy in the trenchcoat as she finally reached the arena he's standing in, for a moment, she felt as if she was shot with something that could be called.. pervert glance, but she told herself she's just imagining things before continuing with a smile "I know that you just finished a duel and probably want a rest, but would you mind having some fun with me?" and pointing above, the end of her finger was a device that create mass solid vision.

Katana was startled, to say the least. "Grrr... I'll send Gemini Elf from my hand to my Graveyard... I'll also set one card and end my turn." Katana was annoyed by the fact he was doing so badly. He glanced outside and saw a young looking man watching his Time Wizard being destroyed. "Come in and watch or leave." Katana said sternly. 'I'm not doing so well... Thousand Knifes is useless here and I can't use any of my other cards yet.' He thought to himself as he looked over at his opponent.

[spoiler=Current Field]

Kohana

LP = 4000

Ally Garadholg on field

1 set card

Justice Splinter in Grave

2 cards in hand

Katana

LP = 4000

1 set card

Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

3 cards in hand

[/spoiler]

Koto looked at Katana, he seemed distracted enough that he was looking away from his hand or opponent. Complying to what Katana had wanted, Koto entered the room and headed back to his seat. Sitting down, he already knew that Katana's opponent was going to take life off him,, as unlike Katana his opponent was calm. Checking his duel disk, Koto saw that it was only 3rd turn of the duel and Katana was already in a losing spot. Looking at both of the duelist, Koto knew that they would both try to expolit their monsters abilities as much as they can and with Katana's opponent using Ally of Justice monsters, she would have a way to make all of his monsters LIGHT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana looked at her opponent, for beating Professor Marco he seemed to be doing badly, "I draw, I summon Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator, now attack Garadholg,Cyclone Creator direct attack." Looking at her hand, Kohana saw that see could have ended it early with Limiter Removal but what would be the fun in ending it when her opponent had summoned a monster whose effect was chance based. "I'll end my turn here." Looking back up from her hand, Kohana saw that there was now a spectator in the room. He seemed to be observing and occasionally looking at his duel disk, knowing now that any mistakes would be worse.

"....That's it?"

Uncharacteristically of her, she started to frown childishly after seeing that instead of an amazing and threatening opening turn, she was only faced with three set cards. What a way to start the duel article. Bunko started to worry about Sasha actually playing something like Ghostricks, as that would make the duel report to be ridiculously boring and unappealing, though at the last moment she decided that it'd be ridiculous. Really, it's been ages since she saw Ghostricks in play.

"Ah well, I guess I'll draw. I'm sorry if I bore you, but well, you did put up a boring first turn play so my passion plummeted like a fighter jet crashing from the sky after being shot down. Also, my deck's really oldschool-ish, so pardon if my slow and steady plays bores you too."

She pulled a Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands from her deck. Odd, she really didn't remember at all about putting him back into her deck, but admittedly, she last tinkered her deck around two months ago, so she probably just forgot about it.

"I activate EvoLVe Force, I think. I guess I'll add Level Up!! to my hand from the deck using its effect. And then I activate Pathway of Silence, and add Silent Swordsman LV 3 from the deck.

Then, I Normal Summon Silent Swordsman LV3, and activate Level Up!!, summoning Silent Swordsman LV5 from my deck. I also set one card from my hand.

Then I enter my Battle Phase, and I order Silent Swordsman LV5 to attack your set monster."

Bunko lazily ordered her monster to attack Sasha's set monster, and it was clear that her attention were not really on the battle itself now. Her monster just stared at her confusedly, before moving and slashed Sasha's monster.

"And I guess I'lll end my turn.

Gosh, this is boring."

[spoiler='Spoiler']LP: 8000
Field: Silent Swordsman LV5, 1 set card (CED)
Hand: 3
Grave: Level Up!!, Pathway of Silence, EvoLVe Force.[/spoiler]

---

Meanwhile, after the meeting in Lady Himika's place, Kirei decided to just skip class once again, and walked around the hallway, finding things to do that did not involve dueling, probably involving Reiji or something to that effect.

When he couldn't really enjoy dueling, it felt like things got pretty hollow in the school. As the name suggested, it's a Dueling School, so why would people like him who couldn't enjoy dueling much be there?

"Meh, at least Reiji's here. I think I'll try learning Pendulum Summoning sometimes from him. If I can master it, I'll be able to use all of the summoning method...and I guess after that I'll try finding something more useful to do with my life."

Orpheus looked up, rising to his full height to raise an eyebrow at the strange girl's request. This had the unfortunate effect of smacking Aureli in the face with his long, red ponytail, but he supposed that he'd make it up to the little girl later.

He smiled. "Sure, why not? I'm always up for a Duel."

---------

Yuruko raised an eyebrow from behind her glasses, giving the new girl a look of pure amethyst glare. "I have a name, so you know. I am Busujima Yuruko- you may be familiar with my custom software website. And you are?"

Internally, however, she was trying to analyze every bit of the situation, wondering if this girl wanted to chat, or Duel, or criticize her programming- oh no, what if she was some Dueling-prodigy-slash-Internet-critic, and was here to tell her how poor quality her Duel Play-by-Play app was? Admittedly, it still had bugs to work out, but she'd really needed to get money for books and had started selling it . . . maybe she was a disgruntled customer who wanted her money back, after she'd already spent it on books?

Yuruko managed to look outwardly calm, despite this firestorm of emotions, but she felt as if she'd cry if this girl was another one of those people criticizing her programming work (more "tearing it to shreds" than "criticizing").

"I draw!" Katana looked at the newly gained card, and knew he was in for some fun.

"I will now play the card you've been so eager to see, Polymerization! I choose to fuse together my Dark Magician Girl and my Baby Dragon. Great female wizard, become the ruler of this monstrous being... Fusion Summon!  Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, come forth!" The wizard, who now wore knight's armor swung her sword atop the dragon she was riding.

"I will now activate the monster's effect! By sending a card from my hand to the Graveyard, I can destroy a card on the field! I will send Thousand Knifes to the Graveyard, then destroy your Ally of Justice Garadholg." The mighty dragon blasted a fireball out of its mouth and incinerated the mechanical monster.

"I will now attack your Cyclone Creator, destroying it and dealing 1200 points of damage to you. Your turn."

[spoiler=Current Field]

Kohana

LP = 2800

1 set card

Justice Splinter, Ally of Justice Garadholg/Cyclone Creator in Grave

2 cards in hand

Katana
LP = 1000

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight on field

1 set card

Baby Dragon, Thousand Knifes, Dark Magician Girl, Polymerization, Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

0 cards in hand

[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your custom what-now? Um... I don't really use the internet too much... Anyway, I'm Takara Oshiro, and I love dueling!" She replied. "Hey, wanna have a duel? I want to test out my new Archetype of cards!"

Her hand reached into her pocket and pulled out her duel disk. "It'll be fun, come on!"

'Ugh... If only I made it on time to learn Xyz Summoning!'

Yuruko let out a grateful sigh and nodded warily, accepting Takara's challenge. Her Simalcrum Duel Disk opened with a snap-click, its gleaming silver surface lighting up for Monster Cards to be set down. The device automatically shuffled her Deck for her, and its mild AI beeped into function.

}}DUELING FUNCTIONS PREPARED. LIFE POINTS SET TO 4000. DUEL START.{{

Yuruko narrowed her eyes and grinned, in an imitation of famous tournament winners. "Let's Duel!"

The aura of confidence disappeared in seconds, however, with a meek, "Y- you go first."

Koto looked at the monster Katana had just summoned, it was one of the two Fusions he had used against Marco. He knew that Katana's opponent would now have difficulty winning against that monster, though it wouldn't be impossible. With Katana's turn at an end he turned his attention to the other duelist, quickly doing a search he found out that Katana's opponent was Kohana Kuroda, a first year Youth section student, currently in the Synchro course. Koto smiled, a duel like this would be fun to watch, looking back to the duel he saw Kohana smile. It looked like she had drawn a card that could get her out of her current state.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana smiled, the duel was now serious. Her opponent had Fusion summoned a powerful monster and see couldn't wait to defeat it. "I draw, I summon 'Ally of Justice Unlimiter' and activate my set card 'Call of the Haunted' to summon 'Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator'. Its now only fair that I summon one of my ace monsters, I tune my level 2 Unlimiter to my level 3 Cyclone Creator, gathering power combine form a bringer of justice, Synchro Summon 'Ally of Justice Catastor'. Now Catastor attack his Dragon Knight. I now activate Limiter Removal to double the attack of all machine monsters  control." (Catastor 2200-4400) All Kohana could do now was wait to see if her opponent would his face-down card.

[spoiler=Current Field]Kohana

LP = 2800

1 set card

Limiter Removal, Justice Splinter, Ally of Justice Garadholg/Cyclone Creator/Unlimiter in Grave

2 cards in hand

Katana
LP = 1000

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight on field

1 set card

Baby Dragon, Thousand Knifes, Dark Magician Girl, Polymerization, Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

0 cards in hand

[/spoiler]

One of Katana's ace monsters was about to go down to a weak monster which used a spell card. Not only that, but it was a Synchro Monster, of all things. "No way... I won't let that happen. I activate the trap Chaos Burst! I can tribute a monster I control to destroy an attacking monster and inflict 1000 damage to my opponent's Life Points directly." The dragon rider, as well as her dragon, vanished into thin air, but not before firing another blast directed at both the Synchro monster and Kohana. "You should have activated that spell earlier... But you wanted to see my monsters, didn't you? Well they're here! You should be afraid... Especially now that its my turn." Katana drew a card.

I activate the spell card Fusion Recovery. It allows me to add one monster that has been used as Fusion material to my hand, as well as a Polymerization in my Graveyard! I choose to add Baby Dragon to my hand, and Summon him. Now he attacks you directly for 1200 damage, with nothing to stop me!"

[spoiler=Current Field]

Kohana

LP = 600

Justice Splinter, Limiter Removal, Call of the Haunted, Ally of Justice Garadholg/Cyclone Creator/Unlimiter/Catastor in Grave

2 cards in hand

Katana

LP = 1000

Baby Dragon on field

Chaos Burst, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Dark Magician Girl, Fusion Recovery, Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

1 card in hand

[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Um... OK! Let's go!" Takara immediately pulled the top five cards off of her Deck and grinned. Everything was already going as planned. She looked over at Yuruko, who was staring at her cards, as if she was making a powerful strategy.

"I'll begin by Summoning my Flame Brother #1, and straight away its effect activates! When it is Summoned, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Flame Brother monster from my hand. I choose Flame Brother #2!"

Two burning men appeared in front of Takara, one wielding a sword and the other holding a bow with a quiver on his back.

"I'm not done! When I control 2 or more Flame Brother monsters, I can Special Summon my Flame Brother Sister from my hand!" Another burning figure appeared in front of the enthusiastic girl, but this time female. "I'm now going to equip my Flame Brother's Sister with the Flame Brother Mech Suit! The mech suit raises a Flame Brother's ATK by 500."

Takara once again looked over at her opponent, who looked intimidated by the setup Takara has formed. "Oh, I forgot to mention, Flame Brother #2 gains 1000 ATK when there are 3 or more Flame Brother monsters on the field! I set a card and end my turn."

[spoiler=Current Field]

Takara

LP = 4000

Flame Bro #1 / #2 / Sister on the field

Flame Bro Mech Suit in S/T Zone

Empty Grave / Banished Zone

1 card in hand

[/spoiler]

Archived