YGO RP: The LDS LIFE [IC/Accepting]

Love of Ghibli

Yuruko grit her teeth.

Great. A Fire deck that seems focused on raw power.

"I . . .draw!" Looking at the final addition to her hand, Yuruko smiled.

"First things first, I'll activate my GameChild Arena! When this card is activated, it gets one EXP Counter!"

The battlefield shifted to a huge, Colosseum-like arena, and a single glowing orb occupied one of the seats in the crowd.

Yuruko grinned wider. "Next, I Summon my GameChild Black Mage- who also gets an EXP Counter upon joining the field, and grants one to my Arena, which gets a Counter every time a GameChild is Summoned!"

In a flash of silver binary, an eleven-year-old girl dressed in heavy robes and carrying a staff adorned with a skull stood on Yuruko's field, a fierce expression on her face.

"I'll continue by activating my Potion Item Equip Spell- now, my Black Mage gains 200 ATK Points, and can save herself from being destroyed once per turn!"

The small girl now had a small bottle filled with a red fluid in hand.

Yuruko started getting into tempo. "Now, I activate EXP Transfer. With this, whenever a GameChild card gives up one or more of its EXP Counters, I can give one to another GameChild card I control! I also Set one card- but my turn's not over yet! I activate Black Mage's special ability! By removing one of her EXP Counters, I can hit you for 200 damage for every Spell and Trap on the field! Now, I have four, and you have two, so you take 1200 points of damage! Black Mage . . . BLACK MAGIC BURST!"

The little girl raised her staff into the air, unleashing a black orb that flew directly at Takara.

"Thanks to Black Mage giving up an EXP Counter, I get to put another on my Arena. I think I'll end my turn now," Yuruko said dryly.

[spoiler=Current Field]
Yuruko- 4000 LP, 1 card in hand
GameChild Black Mage (Attack Position, 1400 ATK)

GameChild Arena (3 EXP Counters, can give up EXP Counters equal to the Level of a GameChild monster to Summon it from the hand)
EXP Transfer
Potion Item
1 Set card

Empty Graveyard

Empty Banished Zone

Takara- 2800 LP, 1 card in hand
Flame Brother #1 (Attack Position, 1700 ATK)
Flame Brother #2 (Attack Position, 2500 ATK)
Flame Brother's Sister (Attack Position, 2500 ATK)

Flame Brother Mech Suit
1 Set card

Empty Graveyard

Empty Banished Zone
[/spoiler]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the reversal Katana had pulled seemed to have shaken up Kohana from Koto's point of view. Getting knocked down to 600 life points shouldn't affect your play ability that much, but what shocked Koto the most was what happened next. Kohana had activated 'Justice Call' allowing her to Special Summon a Ally of Justice from her hand, except the monster she summoned was level 3, so it was just a wasted card. Then all she did was attack and set a card, not much but buying time. Though despite not dealing much damage Kohana did seem more relaxed. Koto started wondering what the chance of Kohana winning now was she only had a monster with 1400 ATK on the field and 1 set card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana started to panic, her only hope at beating her opponent had disappeared and she was only at 600 Life points, "I draw," looking at her hand Kohana saw a card that could be useful, "I activate the spell card 'Justice Call' this allows me to Special Summon 1 Ally of Justice monster from my hand, so I summon 'Ally of Justice Searcher', I now set 1 card and attack with Searcher." Looking at her opponent, Kohana thought that he was getting to confident, though she also knew if he drew a good card on his next turn she would have lost.

[spoiler='Current Field']Kohana
LP = 600

1 set card and Searcher on field

Justice Call, Justice Splinter, Limiter Removal, Call of the Haunted, Ally of Justice Garadholg/Cyclone Creator/Unlimiter/Catastor in Grave

0 cards in hand

Katana
LP = 800

Baby Dragon, Chaos Burst, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Dark Magician Girl, Fusion Recovery, Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

1 card in hand (Polymerization)[/spoiler]

"This is close..." Katana muttered, before drawing his next card. "But it looks like we will both have to wait until next turn to see a victor, since I activate the spell One Day of Peace... We both draw a card and neither of us take battle damage until my next turn." Both players picked up their cards. "I now end my turn."

'My next draw will decide the match... A good card might mean loss, since I can't use them... But I believe the heart of the cards will guide me to victory!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takara drew a card. "I won't give up just because you have some spells and traps on the field. I activate the continuous trap, Oath of the Flame Brothers!" Takara's face-down card revealed itself and showed a burning book. "When a Flame Brother card would be sent to the Graveyard, I banish it instead! But then, I can add a Flame Brother card to my hand from my Deck or Graveyard!" Suddenly a missle launched out of the suit that the burning woman had been encased in. "Once per turn, I can destroy a monster on the field, but the monster equipped with the suit loses 500 ATK. I choose to destroy... Flame Brother #2!" Takara looked at Yuruko with a smirk, but it seemed like she knew what Takara was doing.

"By destroying my Flame Brother card, I get to add a different one to my hand! And I choose to add... Hmm... Flame Brother Mage to my hand! Now my Flame Brother #1 attacks the Black Mage!"

"Sure, why not? I'm always up for a Duel."

As the boy replied, Haruna jumped and cheerfully said "Then, here we go!" Once again, she activated her cyan-green duel disk with the light-green blade. This time she also waved her hand at the control room and the staff there nodded before pressing some buttons, the device was activated and the action field was randomized. It turned out to be Plain Plane, the small size field with not so complicate action cards location. Haruna grinned and chanted "Duelist locked in battle! Kicking the earth and dancing in the air alongside their monsters! They storm through this field! Behold! This is the newest and greatest evolution of dueling! ACTION DUEL!" Her opponent may said the entire chant together with her, or maybe he didn't, but as both of them shouted the last word, the action cards scattered throughout the field. Haruna glanced at the action cards and started to run before saying "I'll go first!". She reached the action card she targeted from the beginning. And as she thought. "I activate Action Spell, Hope! By discarding 1 card, I can draw a new card!!" Haruna drew and subsequently placed it on her disk before saying "I activate Continuous Spell, Soul Absorption! Then I normal Summon Pilica the Spirit Beast Tamer!" The Green-haired young woman with an orange part appeared (1000/1500) while the Continuous Spell faded, she then raised her staff as Haruna continued "When Pilica is Summoned, I can return a "Spirit Beast" card from my Graveyard to my hand, that Combination I just discarded to activate Hope! Furthermore, I can Special Summon 1 "Spirit Beast" monster from my hand! Come, Noble Spirit Beast Kannahawk!" This time, the yellow hawk with a spark appeared (1400/600), it screeched before unleashing its bolt of electric up in the air, creating a hole as Haruna explained "With Kannahawk's effect, I can banish a "Spirit Beast" card directly from my deck! I banish "Noble Spirit Beast Apelion!" The Red Lion appeared from the Deck and jumped into that hole before it disappeared "Cards banished by Kannahawk will be added to my hand during the next 2 turns' Standby Phase! But I doubt that. Oh and Soul Absorption's effect activated!" As Haruna said that, the faded Spell reappeared, and the blue light shone around Haruna's body with her Life Points then became 4500. She then saying "Now you will see the fastest Fusion Summoning! I banish face-up Pilica and Kannahawk! Link your bolt of lightning and set the path to our victory! Contact Fusion!! Come forth, Kannahawk the Tamed Sacred Spirit Beast!" The same hawk as before appeared (1400/1600) in place of the 2 monsters who both became lights and disappeared, but this time there is an old man on its back. As her Life Points raised to 5500, Haruna heard someone around saying "A Fusion Summon without a Spell Card!?" "So that's Contact Fusion Prof. Marco mentioned, the one that even the Fusion class representative herself can't perform!!" "Wow!" She clicked her tongue, this is why she won't need to be in that boring classroom, ever. The old man on the Kannahawk's back then raised his staff as Haruna said "I activate Kannahawk's effect! Once per turn, it can target 2 of my banished "Spirit Beast" cards and return them to the Graveyard, then, if one of them was successfully returned to the Graveyard, I can add a "Spirit Beast" card from my Deck to my hand! Linken Spark!!" The bolts of electric were released from both Kamui's staff and Kannahawk's wing and combined before rushing in the sky and, once again, opened a hole. From the hole, The hawk and the lion before appeared, Haruna smirked as she said "And now, I activate another of Kannahawk's effect! During either player's turn, it can return itself to the Extra Deck and Special Summon a banished "Spirit Beast Tamer" and a banished "Noble Spirit Beast" monster! Defuse!!" The hawk and an old man turned into the yellow light and disappeared, at the same time, Apelion which was appeared before has turned into a light and flew toward the field along with another light from the hole, they both reached the field and materialized into Apelion (1800/200) and Pilica (1000/1500), and at the same time, Kannahawk which was appeared alongside Apelion before now was moved into another hole, then her deck shone as Haruna looked at her opponent and recalled how he won his last duel before saying "With Kannahawk's effect, I can add a "Spirit Beast" card from my Deck to my hand! The card I added is Rejuvenation of the Spirit Beast" She showed a Quick-Play Spell before adding it to her hand and saying "Now I activate Apelion's effect, I can banished Kannahawk from my Graveyard to have all "Spirit Beast" I control gains 500 ATK during this turn only, but that's not the matter, Soul Absorption's effect activated!" After the Lion's flame has emerged and a hawk in the Graveyard is banished, Haruna's LP raised to 6000, she then saying "Once again, I banish face-up Pilica and Apelion! Rise from the depth and protect me from our enemies! Contact Fusion!! Appear, Petolphin the Tamed Sacred Spirit Beast!" As the dolphin with another girl appeared (200/2800) and her LP raised to 7000, Haruna found and grabbed another Action Card. "I'm ~really~ sorry for the waiting, I set 3 cards face-down, turn end!" She said with a cute, but at the same time, devilish smile and voice before passing a turn and looked at her opponent. While she already exhausted due to her effort in getting 2 action cards, her opponent hasn't even move from his starting point! did he spotted an action card somewhere near that point? or was he just only not used to action duel? Haruna asked herself...

[spoiler='Current Field']

Haruna:

LP: 7000

Hand: 1 (An unknown Action Card)

Deck: 32

Field: F-Petolphin (200/2800), a face-up Soul Absorption, 3 face-down S/Ts

Grave: 1 (Hope)

Banish: 3 (Pilica, N-Kannahawk and  N-Apelion)

[/spoiler]

Yuruko grinned evilly. "You walked right into that one. I activate the Quick-Play Spell Critical Hit! For this Battle Phase, my Black Mage has doubled ATK!"

The sword-wielding warrior found himself impaled on the little girl's staff. She twisted it for good measure, and the Flame Brother dissipated in a flash of bright light.

"Now, Takara, here's a quick question: what happens when a monster with 1700 ATK tries to fight a monster with 2800 ATK?" Yuruko asked rhetorically. "It gets destroyed, and its controller- that's you- takes 1100 damage!"

---------

Orpheus frowned at first, watching the insane antics of his opponent for a second, before popping out with the rollerskates built into his shoes.

He grinned wider than his normal smile. "So this is an Action Duel? I guess I need to keep up!" He rolled at intense speed, easily making rapid laps in a wide circle, having spotted a card that was within his reach and his alone.

"I'll open by Summoning my Skilled Dark Magician, and equipping him with the power of the Bound Wand, and Mage Power! I'll also Set two little surprises for later."

The black-clad Spellcaster sped alongside his master, his new equipment in hand.

"Of course," Orpheus chuckled, "we will be needing a change in scenery! Go, United Magic Field!"

Suddenly the dusty field was replaced with a huge, flat tableau covered in spell insignia . . . and a rather nasty-looking drop-off cliff that Orpheus had unfortunately placed Haruna rather close to.

"Now," he said, having safely built up the speed for a flying leap, "with this Action Card," he said as he gripped it, "I'll infuse my Skilled Dark with the power of Fairy Meteor Crush! Skilled, if you would, blast this girl to bits! Dark Magic Blast!"

He skidded, braking, before resuming an identical high-speed circle, allowing the Skilled Dark Magician to raise his staff and point it menacingly at Haruna.

[spoiler=Orpheus]
4000 LP

1 card in hand

Skilled Dark Magician (5600 ATK, Currently Attacking)

United Magic Field (+300 to all Spellcasters, owner can skip Draw Phase to get back used Spell/Trap Cards)

Bound Wand
Mage Power
Fairy Meteor Crush
2 Set cards

Graveyard Empty

Banished Zone Empty
[/spoiler]

Koto looked at Katana, he had only one play and that play also benefited his opponent. If Katana didn't draw a card on his next turn to end the duel he would be ridiculed and accused of cheating against Marco. After Kohana had taken her turn it seemed she hadn't gotten over Katana's last assault, she could have switched Searcher to defense in case Katana summons a monster with 2000+ ATK. Though Kohana did actually seem very calm again, Koto then realized that she had the field set-up for her victory. Her set cards must be one for surviving the next turn and for utilizing the effects of the Ally of Justice monsters. It then clicked with Koto, one of her face-downs was probably DNA Transplant, one of the only cards to affect monster attributes.The only other question was what was the other set cards.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana looked at Katana, he had been reduced to stalling until his next turn, " I draw, I'll set 1 monster face-down and activate 'Pot of Duality' using this card I reveal the top 3 cards of my deck and add one to my hand," looking at the 3 cards Kohana decided to add 'DNA Transplant' to her hand. "now I shuffle my deck. I now set the card I added to my hand and end." Kohana had her winning field set up, with Lyna, the Light Charmer and DNA Transplant face down any monster her opponent would summon would be taken and for safety Justice Reverse was set to destroy any monster which attacks. Pleased with how the duel had went Kohana knew it would be over by the end of her next turn.

[spoiler=Current Field]Kohana
LP = 600

2 set card, Searcher 1 face-down monster on field

Pot of Duality ,Justice Call, Justice Splinter, Limiter Removal, Call of the Haunted, Ally of Justice Garadholg/Cyclone Creator/Unlimiter/Catastor in Grave

0 card in hand

(Duality revealed DNA Transplant, Call of the Haunted and Justice Call.)

Katana

LP = 800

Baby Dragon, One Day of Peace, Chaos Burst, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Dark Magician Girl, Fusion Recovery, Time Wizard and Gemini Elf in Grave

2 cards in hand (One is Polymerization)[/spoiler]

Her attention moved from the card in her hand to the the new duel in front of her, the Action Duel, and started to watch with interest. She had heard about them and her thought that her Toons were the best fit for such a chaotic style of battle.

The thought of being able to actually right on the back of her Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon put a momemtary smile on her face before putting up both her deck and her new card up for the time being in order to better watch the duel...

...though she had a foot within the area the field spell had projected itself in...

(Adding a single copy of 'Bookmark of the Gods' to her 'Known Cards in Deck' list.)

Since the show-off boy seemed not to realize that she was there, she scraped the card she had written and took a few steps back to watch the duel. Luckily, it was a traditional duel, not an Action Duel. Haru had no idea what people liked about this overly flashy, silly, luck-based Duel Style. Although she had been forced to participate in some Action Duels before, she had taken on the philosophy of a Duel School known as the Gongenzaka Dojo. 'Steadfast Dueling', not moving during an Action Duel. However, their Style also involved not using Spell and Trap Cards at all, so Haru had to slightly vary it, now calling her Duel Style 'Fortune Dueling'. She would rely on her fortune, instead of taking it into her own hands, running around collecting Action Cards.

The duel the two had was pretty interesting, although not as much as Haru had hoped. After what the show-off boy had done to their Professor, she would have expecting him to win in an instant against that girl. So he pulled good luck after all, was no threat to look after. With this realization settled in her mind, she leaned back against the wall and enjoyed the rest of the duel.

With flare, style and a demand for synchronicity, true synchronicity mind you, fusion is when individuals transcend levels that they couldn't do on their own and will become a creature that is a literal symbol of their might. We are the ones who embody cooperation; we are the ones who have been here the longest, and we have not gone away with time. If anything we have grown, evolved and moved with the times. We are Fusion Duelist and just like two fusion material monsters we will help each other transform from a raw piece of coal to the brightest diamond in existence. Isn't that right Koto, Masumi.

This was the same thing he started every class with. Well...almost every class. But this speech quite a number of students could recite without even trying, though like always...his eyes weren't on the instructor, Doctor Marco...no, his eyes were on the monsters that he displayed: the Elemental HEROs.

Souji Kazuraba sat in the Fusion Duelist class, watching the monsters fusing together as they created new monsters with ease. Avian and Burstinatrix...Flame Wingman...then from Flame Wingman with Sparkman to Shining Flare Wingman. It was a work of amazement, but he knew he could do better. Both he and his deck, but he kept silent...it was orientation and he didn't want to ruin another one of Marco's speeches...at least not yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quite a bit of time later...

From rooftop to rooftop upon the Action Field known as Dark Town's Prison Tower, Souji and his monster: Masked HERO Bassols (3*/EARTH/Warrior/1000 ATK/DEF 700). The current field for him was just this and he barely survived the other student's assault. In his hand, it was only Masked HERO Star Flash (7*/LIGHT/Warrior/2500 ATK/2500 DEF).

"Heh, its over Souji...you and your so-called superior HEROs will loose right here and now!" the student said, as his turn finally ended.

"If it wasn't for that Action Card...it might've been true...but your not getting a next turn! DRAW!!" Souji said as he drew his next card, a smirk appearing on his face. "Next Decade hasn't failed me yet! And now...I activate the Spell, Journey Through the Decade!! Now I'm allowed to target four M-HEROs from my grave, send them to my deck and then draw two cards!" Four cards appeared from the graveyard, two were Fusions but the other two shot themselves straight into his deck, whilst the other two returned to his Extra Deck.

"Delaying the inevitable I see!" the student laughed, as Souji drew his two cards.

"I wouldn't say so!" Souji smirked as he ran off the building's roof and started climbing up one where he now stood in front of the moon that was high in the skies above them. "I activate Mask Change!! Now by discarding one card, I'm allowed to give Bassols the upgrade he needs!" As he said this, Bassols jumped up into the air and a bright light shone from him.

"Don a new mask and with it, gather the abilities of the powers of earth! From here, let your rough edges strike at my opponent and grant me victory! HENSHIN!! TRANSFORMATION SUMMON!!! Protect the innocent, Masked HERO Rough Chalice!!"

Where Bassols stood, now stood a new HERO, Rough Chalice (8*/EARTH/Warrior/2000 ATK/3000 DEF). "Now for a two fold effect! Bassols! Any Fusion Masked HERO monsters can't be destroyed by battle or card effects when its sent to the graveyard by Mask Change. Now...Rough Chalice! You can't activate any Trap cards while its in Attack Mode, save Main Phase 2."

"W-WHAT?!"

"That's right...either way...damned if you do...damned if you don't! Masked HERO Rough Chalice! Destroy his monster with Rough DiveKick!!"

Rough Chalice nodded once, as he took to the air again, and dove straight for the student's monster, as he quickly kicked it straight into the chest, watching it explode as he landed safely on the other side of the exploded monster. With that, the duel ended...Souji being declared the winner.

With a sigh, he walked off from that duel field and put his hands into his pockets. "And yet another duelist who wanted to prove to me that Marco's deck is better. Jeez...they need to stop this..."

Wow... the real thing seems so much different than watching TV, Thomas thought, as the field became the city nightlife in an instant. 

"Welcome to an Action Field," his opponent spoke. "Let's begin shall we." Here we go...

"Duelists locked in battle!... They storm through the field!... The newest evolution of dueling! ACCTTIOOONN DUEL!" With that shouted, the duel began, action spells scattering across the field. Thomas drew his five cards, as his opponent made the first move. Before long, not only did he manage to deal a bit of damage to Thomas, but also summoned a high leveled monster too. 

"I draw," Thomas said, as he began his turn. Oh, so now you show up, he thought, drawing a card. He surveyed the field. The facedown won't be a problem, but to have a high level monster in a vulnerable position... not to mention how reduced his hand is now. I'm certain that card can do something that will disadvantage me greatly... but I don't think I'll be able to do anything about it... for now.

"I activate my Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying your facedown." As he declared this, a whirlind blew threw the field, making his opponent's facedown fly away. Unbeknownst to him, the wind also blew an Action Card off the ledge of a building. "Next, my Pot of Duality." He revealed the top 3 cards of his deck, revealing a Maxx 'C', Magic Cylinder, and Madolche Marmalmaide. Hmm... can't Special Summon this turn so... He chose Madolche Marmalmaide, returning the other 2 cards to his deck. "I set one monster and 1 card facedown, and- ara?" Whatever he was about to say was cut off by an action spell landing on his head. Confused, he took a look at the card, and saw it was an action card, and added it to his hand, thinking that it might come in handy later. "Er, I end my turn."

Field: one monster facedown, 1 S/T facedown

Graveyard: MST, Pot of Duality.

Hand: 3 + 1 Action spell.

'Two face-down cards... What will happen now?' Katana drew a card. "I once again activate Polymerization! But this time... I will use my Dark Magician and Buster Blader! Fusion Summon! Great dragon slayer, rise above and beyond! Come forth, Dark Paladin!" A more vicious version of Dark Magician appeared and immediately grew larger than normal. "For each Dragon-type monster on the field and in our Graveyards this card gains 500 ATK! Two Dragon-type monsters are in my Graveyard, so Dark Paladin's ATK goes up to 3900. Face it, you're done... My Dark Paladin attacks your face-up monster!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn!" Takara shouted. "But I guess it's okay, since I get to add a Flame Brother card to my hand! I'll add Flame Brother's Sister to my hand." The card slid out of Katara's Deck and she picked it up. "Since I haven't Summoned yet, I will tribute my first Flame Brother's Sister to Summon the second, and since the monster and the Equip spell get sent to the Graveyard I will add Revenge of the Flame Brothers and another Flame Brother #1 to my hand. I set 2 cards and end my turn.

Takara knew she was struggling and she had to do SOMETHING... But what?

[spoiler=Current Field]

Yuruko- 4000 LP, 1 card in hand

GameChild Black Mage (Attack Position, 1400 ATK)

GameChild Arena

EXP Transfer

Potion Item

Empty Graveyard

Empty Banished Zone

Takara- 1700 LP, 2 cards in hand

Flame Brother's Sister (Attack Position, 2500 ATK)

Oath of the Flame Bros

2 Set cards

Empty Graveyard

Flame Bro #1, #2, Sister and Mech Suit in Banished Zone

[/spoiler]

Yuruko looked warily at the two Set cards. 

"Alright, I draw! Because my Standby Phase rolled around, my Arena and Black Mage gain one EXP Counter apiece." Surely enough, a fourth glowing ball occupied a seat in the arena, and one took to orbiting the Black Mage.

"Now, first things first- I remove one Counter from Black Mage to hit you for another 1200 points of damage! BLACK MAGIC BURST!"

Another orb of black energy sailed right into Takara. 

"Now, I Summon my GameChild White Mage!" In a swirl of silver binary, a ten-year-old boy wearing white robes and carrying a gleaming marble staff appeared in front of Yuruko. 

"He gets an EXP Counter on being Summoned, which I instantly remove to gain 300 Life Points for every Spell and Trap on the field- a grand total of 1800 points! White Mage- White Light Healing!"

The little boy raised his staff into the air, collecting an orb of white light that flew to Yuruko. 

"Now I activate my Arena's special ability! By removing four of its EXP Counters, I can Special Summon a Level 4 GameChild from my hand- so give a warm welcome to my GameChild Swordsman!"

In yet another display of silver binary code, a twelve-year-old boy in a tunic, trousers, and sandals carrying a frankly oversized sword appeared, a serious expression on his face. 

"He, like all GameChild monsters, gains an EXP Counter upon being Summoned- but I don't want to use his effect yet. In fact, I'll use his friends for something fantastic! I use GameChild Black Mage and GameChild White Mage to open the Overlay Network! With these monsters I Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!"

After a fantastic display of a lights show featuring a miniature galaxy, a huge angular black dragon appeared in front of Yuruko.

"I'll use my new friend's special ability- you see, by detaching both of his Overlay Units I get to cut the ATK of one of your monsters in half- and you only control one. In addition, he gets the points he took away! DRAGON! UNHOLY REBELLION!"

The large dragon suddenly looked a considerable bit more menacing, and Flame Brother's Sister looked just about to go out.

"Swordsman! End this! Slash of victory!"

[spoiler=Current Field]
Yuruko- 5800 LP
GameChild Swordsman (2000 ATK, Attack Position, Currently Attacking, 1 EXP Counter)
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon (3750 ATK, Attack Position)

GameChild Arena
EXP Transfer

Graveyard: GameChild Black Mage, GameChild White Mage, Potion Item, Critical Hit!

Takara- 800 LP
Flame Brother's Sister (1250 ATK, Attack Position)

Oath of the Flame Brothers
2 Set cards

Graveyard Empty

Banished Zone: Flame Brother #1, Flame Brother #2, Flame Brother's Sister, Mech Suit
[/spoiler]

Sasha smirked as the swordsman destroyed her monster, which was revealed to be a carrier jet with the face of a hamster. "You activated the effect of my Mecha Phantom Beast Hamstrat! When it is flipped face-up, I get two tokens!" As she spoke, the aircraft created two holographic projections of itself, before being destroyed. 

"Now then, time for me to take my turn!" Sasha pulled a card from the top of her deck, smirking at it before continuing. "You are getting bored? Let me go ahead and speed things up for you! I will normal summon my Mecha Phantom Beast Harrliard! Now, I will use its effect, tributing one of my Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens to summon Tetherwolf from my hand!" In quick succession, animalized versions of a Harrier Jump Jet and military helicopter appeared on the field, the second of which replaced one of the holograms. "Now you get to see the interesting part about these monsters: each of their levels increase y the total level of all of my tokens! This puts each of them at 7. Now, I will combine the two to form the overlay network!" 

The two monsters condensed into green spheres as a new monster appeared: "Meet the Antonov An-225 Mriya! Or, as I like to call it, Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack! Now, Dracossack, attack her Silent Swordsman!" The dragon face on the jet roared, as a flurry of missiles departed from the undersides of the monster's wings, all flying at the opposing monster.

[spoiler=Game State]

LP: 8000

Field: Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, 1 MPB Token

S/T: 2 FD
Hand: 2
Grave: Hamstrat

[/spoiler]

"Planes, huh?

Uh...I can't remember what they do, but at least they're not Ghostricks."

After she ended her turn after seeing her opponent summon two tokens, Bunko started to look more closely to the duel, especially since she was hoping that her opponent would do something amazing this turn. And her hope was answered when, through a series of nice combo, Sasha summoned her ace, Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, a mighty aircraft with a mechanical dragon head. Wondering about whether she should just respond with Compulsory Evacuation Device on its summoning, but after some thoughts, she decided to respond just as the aircraft attacked her monster.

"I activate! Compulsory Evacuation Device to Dracosssac! Return to the extra deck!"

Haruna grinned, her opponent's play is so simple. She could use her face-down Combination and call it a game during her next turn, but she also had another way to just avoid the attack and because she could only hold 1 Action Card anyway. "I activate Action Spell, Plains Breeze!" She used the Action Card from her hand, the unique Action Card of this field Spell, even the new field is played, but the Action Cards'd never change. The wind blew through the field as Haruna said before running for another Action Card "With its effects, all currently face-up monsters on the field have their ATK and DEF return to the original points, also the affected monsters' ATK and DEF cannot be changed for the rest of this turn!" Touching the wind, Skilled Dark Magician's ATK dropped to 1900 while her Petolphin has its 2800 DEF remained still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     

Masato walked out of the Pendulum Class. After the meeting with Himika, he came back to the classroom as he was told that Reiji was looking for him, and as the result, he was now looking at another pair of Pendulum Cards, a FIRE guy that can search his boss and a DARK guy in the familiar suit huh? He better test these 4 Pendulum Cards as soon as possible. Masato thought as he reached the Duel Arena where 2 Action Duels have been occurring. He began to look around to find his opponent.

[spoiler='Changes']

Haruna

Hand: 1 > 0

Grave: 1 > 2 (Hope, Plains Breeze)

Orpheus

Skilled Dark Magician (5600 > 1900)

[/spoiler]

"I activate! Compulsory Evacuation Device to Dracosssac! Return to the extra deck!"

Sasha giggled, her smile becoming more vicious with each passing moment, "You think my monster can be stopped by a simple trap like that? Foolish proletariat! I activate my own trap card, Do a Barrel Roll! By tributing all of my tokens, I can negate any Spell, Trap, or Monster effect!" Despite the fact that there was hardly room for it to do so, the large aircraft swerved in a spiral motion, avoiding the effect of the trap, as the missiles continued onward to their target. "Too bad your trap fell flat. I will now detach an overlay from Dracossack, creating two more tokens, in defense position." Just as they had with Hamstrat, holographic images appeared of Sasha's monster, each with 0 attack.

[spoiler=Game State]

LP: 8000

Field: Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, 2 MPB Tokens

S/T: 1 FD
Grave: Hamstrat, Harrliard, Do A Barrel Roll

[/spoiler]

"Well, that's quite a bummer." Bunko flatly said as Silent Swordsman LV5 was destroyed by a barrage of missiles from Dracossac after her trap was negated. After Sasha finished her turn by summoning two more tokens, Bunko drew a card, and much to her relief, it was another copy of Level Up!, She started to think about what should she do at the time, analyzing the field's condition and trying to figure out about the best way to handle the current situation. And then, she had an idea.

"I summon, Silent Magician LV4! Then I activate another Level Up! to special summon Silent Magician LV8 from my deck!"

Her monster, the graceful grand magus of silence, materialized on her side, her gaze was locked on the airplane in front of her. Bunko knew that she would at least be able to protect the Silent Magician for at least one turn, assuming the set card is not a battle trap. And with what she guessed, it shouldn't be one since otherwise it'll be activated when she attacked last turn.

"Silent Magician, attack Dracossack! Silent Starwave!"

A barrage of magical missiles was fired by the magician, all was aimed straight at the dragon aircraft.

"And I guess, I'll end my turn now."

[spoiler=Spoiler]

LP: 8000->7700

Field: SIlent Magician LV8
Grave: 2x level Up!!, Pathway of Silence (ready to be activated), and EvoLVe Force.
[/spoiler]

Sasha raised an eyebrow as the magician attacked her monster, showing no response to her loss of 900 life points in the process. "As long as my flagship stays in the air, I have nothing to worry about." Having returned to a calm attitude that could be described easily as "regal", she drew a card from her deck, placing it among the others in her hand. Looking at a small screen on her duel disk, she read the effect of Bunko's Silent Magician. "So it is unaffected by spell cards? Interesting. Too bad my Dracossack isn't a spell, isn't it?" As she gestured vaguely toward the opponent's monster, one of the two Holograms flew swiftly toward the lone magician, before exploding in front of it. "You see, I can tribute a mecha phantom beast token to destroy a card on the field. Luckily for you, Dracossack cannot attack the turn I use this effect." Bringing  hand up to her mouth and yawning gently, she continued, "You can go ahead with your turn, now, after I set this card."

[spoiler=Game State]

LP: 8000->7100

Field: Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, 1 MPB Token

S/T: 2 FD
Grave: Hamstrat, Harrliard, Do A Barrel Roll

[/spoiler]

Orpheus grimaced. He caught a glimpse of a specific Action Card, and raised himself to his full height to catch it in midair. "I'll simply unleash the power of my facedown card, Magical Dimension! This will replace my Skilled Dark Magician with the real Dark Magician in my hand!"

In a single instant, the black-armored wizard was replaced by a different Spellcaster, clothed in purple.

"Magical Dimension has another, more insidious ability- it destroys a monster on your side of the field!"

When this failed, Orpheus sighed. This was just one of those days.

"Regardless, I do get to retrieve my Skilled Dark Magician from my Graveyard, due to the effect of Bound Wand."

The black-clad Spellcaster returned in a glowing red light.

"Now I activate my Action Card, Furious Rush! When my Dark Magician attacks successfully, all Set cards you control are negated and destroyed! I may lose my Magician in the process, but victory comes at a price! DARK MAGIC ATTACK!"

The Dark Magician attacked Petolphin, resulting in a double destruction.

"Skilled Dark Magician . . . Dark Magical Blast!"

The black-clad Spellcaster readied his staff for another attack.

"So...it doesn't get destroyed when a token is still around, huh?

I see."

Smiling as things got more interesting in the duel, Bunko ended her turn, and watched closely as Sasha tried to use Dracossack's token to try destroying her Silent Magician. Seeing that made her smile for a bit.

"I don't think so~

I chain with Pathway of Silence from my graveyard! I banish it, and until the End Phase, my monsters are not affected by your monster's effect!"

Without being able to do anything else for now, Sasha ended her turn after setting a card. Bunko responded by entering her draw phase, drawing a Pathway of Silence from her deck. She was somewhat bummed that the fight would be decided by luck, but she decided to not pay it much mind as she had already a way to finish the fight with a bang, at least, on the next turn.

"I activate Pathway of Silence to add Silent Magician LV12 from my deck!

Then, by tributing Silent Magician LV8...I Special Summon the Envoy of Silence, Silent Magician LV12! With her effect, I banish the Pathway of SIlence I just activated, to activate its effect once again to add a Silent Magician LV 8 from my deck,

Then...."

After her series of actions to summon her Silent Magician LV12, Bunko proceeds to Normal Summon a being possessing uncountable amount of arms from her hand.

"And no, I didn't forget about bringing in my Ritual Spell Card. So, I activate Manju of the Ten Thousand Hand's effect to add Aletheia, the Light of Truth from my deck! Then....By tributing Manju and Silent Magician LV8 from my hand, I activate The Song of Truth!

Ritual Summon! Come forth, Aletheia! And with the Song of Truth's effect, I draw two cards!

This is the dream of people who pursued the truth! Nothing will be hidden from me from now on!"

A monster was summoned from the circle of fire in the sky, notifying it being a level 12 monster. Though, the monster, if it would be fitting to call it one, was more a blob of light than anything, a sun with something resembling an eye etched on it. Or was it actually like that, appearance wise? Bunko never really knew or bothered to know more about this one. As it was summoned to the field, the cards in both player's hands and what was set on the field became visible to each other as soon as the light from Aletheia graced them. It revealed that the cards Bunko just drew were Silent Starwave and Silent Swordsman LV 7.

"And then, I activate Aletheia's effect! I hereby demand that I will thoroughly investigate your deck to find a card named 'Mecha Phantom Beast Harliard! And since it's there, I'll banish it and draw 1 card!

Then, I activate Silent Starwave, targeting Dracossack to negate its effect until the End Phase!

I enter Battle Phase! Silent Magician, attack Dracossack! Aletheia, attack the Token!

And now I end my turn.

Sorry for being too overboard~ I was just getting lucky, so, once again, I'm sorry~"

[spoiler='Spoiler']LP: 7700
Hand: Valuable Experience, Silent Swordsman LV7
Field: Aletheia the Light of Truth, Silent Magician LV12
Grave: Level up!!x2, Silent Starwave, Silent Swordsman LV3, Silent Swordsman LV5, EvoLVe Force.[/spoiler]

"Humph, you're sooo cruel, but that won't work on me!" Haruna giggled while saying, followed by snapping her fingers as she continued "I chained Trap Card Protection from the Spirit Beast to your uber Action Spell! It negate the effect that destroy 2 or more cards I control and let me Special Summon 1 "Spirit Beast" monster from my Deck!" Haruna said as she grabbed another Action Card. She stopped running and breathed deeply out of tired before picking a card from the Deck and placed it on her duel disk "Due to Protection, I Special Summon Petolphin the Noble Spirit Beast!" The same Dolphin as the one on the field appeared from the Deck (0/2000) as the blasts that rush toward her S/T faded away. "Now what?" she asked and started to feel interesting, this guy is much better than those idiots this morning, and beating someone with this level of skill is always exciting.

[spoiler='Field']

Haruna

LP: 7000

Hand: 1 (An unknown Action Card)

Deck: 31

Field: F-Petolphin (200/2800) (I better repost cuz I'm sure you don't know this as you stated that DM with 2.8k beat it.) N-Petolphin (0/2000), a face-up Soul Absorption, 2 face-down S/T (1 being a revealed Combination so don't speed up thing when you're working with your post, I will chain it when you target my monster for attack.)

Grave: 3 (Hope, Plains Breeze, Protection from the Spirit Beasts)

Banish: Pilica, N-Apelion, N-Kannahawk

[/spoiler]

Koto looked at he field, Katana had just summoned yet another Fusion monster, this time Dark Paladin. With a combination of a negation effect and attack increases it wasn't something to disregard. Koto knew that Katana could win if none of the face-down cards weren't a reversal trap. Looking over to Kohana, she didn't seem to be planning on activating any of her face-downs, which could have meant that none of them could help her or just had resigned herself to defeat.  After the attack connected, Koto check his duel disk to check the field. He was shocked to say the least, Kohana had the field perfectly set up to win, with a destruction card face-down and If she survived that turn, Lyna the Light Charmer and DNA Transplant for an easy reversal on her next turn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana looked at the monster her opponent had summoned, 'Dark Paladin', Kohana quickly reminded herself of her face-down cards, 'DNA Transplant' and 'Justice Reverse'. Kohana thought that she could end it and crush Katana's hopes, playing out one ending in her head Kohana thought, "I activate my face-down cards 'DNA Transplant' and 'Justice Reverse'. First off DNA Transplant makes all monsters one attribute I declare and I declare LIGHT. Now for Justice Reverse, not only does it destroy all attack position monsters my opponent controls but all LIGHT monsters are banished instead of going to the grave. It's a pity, if you had payed more attention to my face-down cards you might have won."

The path she took was different though, she just let the attack go through, with the thought knowing she had technically won and her opponent pushing her to be her best being enough. Removing the cards from her duel disk, she walked over to Katana "That was a good duel, I hope we can duel again. Oh, before I forget, what was your name? It would be useful to know so I can challenge you more easily."

"I'm Katana Yamauchi..." He said quietly. "You were a good opponent... But next time, if you have the opportunity to defeat me as early as you did in this duel, just do it. I don't like my opponents being too forgiving with me. No point in dueling if everyone lets you win... Anyway... Let's duel again later. We've got some more classes soon..." Katana looked over at the spectator of the match. "Are you happy now?" He asked, although both him and the spectator knew he didn't care. Katana packed up his cards and walked away while slowly raising a hand. "See ya." He muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No! You beat me!" Takara exclaimed. If only she had gotten to class on time to learn about Xyz Monsters! Then she would have won. "I would have learned Xyz with you... But a man attacked me on my way to school and I missed first period! Lucky I got away from him by beating him in a duel though. Oh well, that was a lot of fun! I really hope we could duel again." Takara gave a cute smile and a wave as she began to walk off. "Bye!" she said, while looking back at her opponent for the last time, before leaving the cafeteria.

Koto stood up and walked over to Kohana. ""You shouldn't let your opponent win. I know you had your field set up during the last turn, so why let him win?" Koto asked this for the single purpose of finding out the aims of the student body. "Throwing the match isn't anyway to increase your skill, and according to what Katana said, you had an opportunity to win earlier on as well. I'm Koto Komagata by the way." Koto knew that if he was to get into a duel now their wouldn't be time to finish before class, Koto decided to try and get a duel out of her to see her skills for himself. "How about after our classes have finished we duel in one of the courts, I want to see what you can do for myself."

"A handicap duel, this will be interesting." Bringing out his deck, he started walking after Katana, after all wherever he went something inteerseting seemed to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana looked at the person who had introduced himself as Koto Komagata. He seemed stronger than her last opponent, the boy called Katana Yamauchi. Deciding to accept his proposition of a duel, "Very well, but I decide the conditions of the duel, I start with 8000 and you start with 4000. It will allow me to also test your skills when you have a handicap." Turning around, Kohanan headed out of the hall and back to her class.

Arriving back at her class Kohana took her seat and began searching through her deck, Koto seemed to know she throw the match, yet still accepted the handicap duel. Deciding  to check what deck he used, Kohana searched for him, and was shocked to see that he used a Light deck, and Koto had known about the Ally of Justice's anti-Light effects.

Shizun could only roll his eyes as his opponent used mystical space typhoon. He simply snapped and flipped open his face down card Ivy Shackles. When the wind blew the cards away he snickered as he drew a card. His opponent proceeded to only follow up with only setting cards. Well, this is not going to be eventful. 

Draw. Shizun grabs the hand of Chirubme and the Diva tosses him clear into the air. I SO FLLLYYYY!!! With this he laughed as he literally flew through hoops and grabbed an action card and landed on a building. He laughed as he put a monster on his duel disk. I summon my good old book nerd the Mathematician. A nice old man with a staff appeared next to Shizun. The old man's effect is that I get to send one level 4 or lower monster from my deck to the grave. One card shoots out his deck and then he puts it in the grave. Then two fluffy little monsters appeared next to him. The monster in my grave is called Dandylion so when its sent to the graveyard I get two fluff tokens. Next I activate the spell card Fragrance Storm! A new kind of wind started to blow and it destroyed one of the fluff tokens. With it I get to see destroy a plant and draw a card. He drew a card. ANNND if that monster is a plant monster I reveal it...Shizun reveals Talaya, Princess of Cherry Blossoms  I draw another card then he draws another card. Oh this is perfect. Time for the fabulousness! I activate the spell card 84's Messenger. Based on the number of boss plant b**ches I reveal I get to do a different effect. So I reveal Talaya and Mariña and with that I send that backrow face down card of yours to the graveyard. A skeleton comes and stabs on Thomas' card. Then I can special summon one plant monster from my graveyard. I choose the Awesomeness of Gigaplant! The massive plant monster towered over the building and Shizun laid on one of its vines like a throne. You gotta be more mobile boo, this is an Action Duel. Gigaplant attack your facedown monster first. Then I will follow up with the other two. Gigaplant proceeds to Vine Whip the facedown monster while Mathematician and Chirubime prepare to go for a direct attack. 

[spoiler: Stats]

Life: 8000

Field: Chirubimé, Princess of Maples (1800/2800) ATK , Gigaplant (2400/1200) ATK, Mathematician (1500/500) ATK, Fluff token (0/0) DEF
S/T: NA

Hand: 1 + 1 AC
Grave: Talaya, Princess of Cherry Blossoms, 84's Messenger, Fragrance Storm, Ivy Shackles, Evil Thorn x3; One-for-One; Dandylion; Trade- In; Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Customs]

HaLD3Fb.jpg

You can only activate one "84's Messenger" a turn. Reveal any number of Level 8 or higher Plant-type monsters from your hand. Activate the effect equal to the number of monsters revealed:
1: Discard the revealed monster, then draw two cards.
2: Target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 Plant-type monster in your Graveyard. Send the first target to the graveyard and the Special Summon the second. Then send one of the revealed monsters to the grave.
3: Add up to 2 Plant-type monsters with different Attributes from your deck to your hand. Then you can Special Summon one Plant-type monster from your hand. 
[/spoiler]

Archived