YGO RP: The LDS LIFE [IC/Accepting]

Love of Ghibli

250px-Leo_buliding.png

The school bell rings and the prideful march of students proceeds come for another year of promising education. Granted this is an extracurricular school but it is the best one in the world. Students from all over the world have came to this one location to matriculate into the future. They will be the duelist of tomorrow. Some students come from status and some students come from lesser means. None of that matters in the face of education and none of that masters on the Duel field. Welcome to the new story and the evolution of dueling...

Duelist locked in battle! Kicking the Earth and dancing alongside their monsters! They storm through the field! Behold! This is the newest evolution of dueling! Action Duel!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In his office had to be what was no more than ten random chairs for ten special students who were chosen to be the experimental group of what Mr. Akaba would refer to as his Pendulum class. This was new for him. Teaching. Being a student of Pendulum's himself, who was he to actually declare himself teacher and bestow wisdom on the youth. But it didn't matter he was here now and his mind couldn't be distracted by the importance of all of these other attacks on the student body. It was time to actually address his new class of students. 

Mr. Akaba looks at his new groups and clasp his hands together as he pushed up his glasses being prepared to begin. Welcome to the start of the new term. You select few have been chosen based on your exemplary grades and potential to experiment with the newest form of special summoning that has been titled Pendulum Summoning....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere in one of the massive auditorium classes there were a lot of more students of various different age groups. In the center was noted Doctor of physics and former pro-duelist, Dr. Vivian Jones. It had been a long time since she had actually set foot on  a dueling field, and she was far to old for this whole action duel thing. She really liked doing things the old way which is reflected in her choice of dueling. 

Greetings and welcome to the start of a new term! She shouted in her auditorium filled with students. If you are new and do not know me I am Dr. Vivian Jones, head of Ritualistic sciences and duel tactics here at LDS. If you are listening to my voice then that means you have chosen to respect history and you haven't chosen the easy way out in terms of summoning like those black things across the hall. Slight snickers could be heard throughout the room to note the petty interdepartmental rivalry that takes place at LDS. Ritual Summoning involves three things: a ritual spell, the professor holds us up a card and emits a bright light. Then the ceiling of the class is blacked out and replaced with what appears to be a blue ripple. The sacrifice, the professor held up two cards, then two different looking horses being ridden by cute little monsters appeared in front of her. The two horses floated to the ceiling lifelessly and disappeared. Finally the Ritual Monster, from the sky descended a massive monster with a large dual sided axe and he landed right behind the teacher. I know some of you who pride yourselves on your ability to count consider Rituals to be nothing but minuses. I tell you this, there are no minuses there are only opportunities! Throughout your tenure here you will learn that there are all kinds of tricks Ritual users have at there disposal. Now go, learn and show your respect for the old ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clustering stars of light, build the bridge the future and show these students the path of righteous might! SYNCHRO SUMMON! SHOOTING QUASAR DRAGON! From behind this well groomed man the massive dragon revealed itself in a flash to one of the larger clusters of students. These were the students who decided to venture down one of the more popular paths, Synchro Summoning. Welcome to the start of a new term. Here you will hear a lot of unfamiliar terms, such as Tuner monster, Accel-synchro, spamming, etc. It is my job to guide you through the infinite maze that is synchro summoning and so when you come out you will literally dazzle the fields much like our schools own Yokai Todo! A brief round of applause is heard among the student body for the current top person in the synchro course. You can call me Professor Aesop and it is my honor to be helping you on your journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was like a circus of performers over in the fusion hall though. Monster's literally jumping and soaring through the skies as new students slightly awestruck by the flashiness of it all. They mostly men in tights and some gymnast performing acrobatics and as they would flip through the air they would come together make a swirl and become a new monster literally. Monsters were fusing left and right. It was amazing in its own right actually. 

Emerging suddenly as the ringleader of this HERO circus was professor Marco! With flare, style and a demand for synchronicity, true synchronicity mind you, fusion is when individuals transcend levels that they couldn't do on their own and will become a creature that is a literal symbol of their might. We are the ones who embody cooperation; we are the ones who have been here the longest, and we have not gone away with time. If anything we have grown, evolved and moved with the times. We are Fusion Duelist and just like two fusion material monsters we will help each other transform from a raw piece of coal to the brightest diamond in existence. Isn't that right Koto, Masumi. The Gem-Knight user blushes as she was called out by Dr. Marco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fusion summoning! BAAH! Ritual Summoning!!! BLAH!! Synchro Summoning!!! BAHCK AND BLAH! Needless complexities brought on by the pretentious to make playing the game harder! Shouted a stubborn old man. He snapped his fingers and the current top Xyz student Hokuto Shijima walked next to the man and summoned two monsters. The extra deck should be simple! Two monsters with the same level stack on top of each other and become a massive weapon of destruction! One monster shot two arrows in the air they burst into a rain of arrows. Then the two monsters were overlayed into what was Hokuto's ultimate monster Constellar Pleadias. Students marveled at its impressive decent while more seasoned LDS students were a tad upset as they have been on wrong end of that card. 

Do not misunderstand! Simplicity is not the same as basic or remedial. It is about removing all of the pretext to summoning. Increasing your consistency by not having to pray for a specific card. Xyz summoning is refinement! You won't just learn basic Xyz summoning either you will literally grasp beyond the stars and learn about the COSMOS! The nebula known as Chaos Xyz summoning! Soon you will all grow and crush those other schools! We are the Alpha and Omega of Summoning and I, Dr. Aoi Nobufusa, will make sure you all crush all of the letters in between!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In her office Himika Akaba was both relieved and stressed at the start of the new term. Technically business was booming. She was able to acquire some more international schools and Leo Duel School is one of the top educational institutions in the world. On the stressful side...someone is literally kidnapping faculty and staff. Though they cannot for tell what kind of person it is or what deck are they using but they know for sure that only LDS students are being targeted. This certainly wasn't good for business. Luckily her son was of a cooler head. He has actually gone forth with his experimental Pendulum class. This was pretty important seeing as the descendant of Sakaki revealed Pendulum summoning to the world. The school has to be on top of this and most important of all Reiji must be safe. 

Himika turned around from her view to bare witness to four LDS students covered in shadow. Luckily, I have taken certain measures to make sure my son stays safe. She looked at the four with a snicker. Welcome to the Deva project.

Far removed from all of the celebrations of new schoolness at the docks was a small gathering of people dressed in biker clothes and ski mask. Though they were quite alone one could tell that they were not people one should randomly attempt to socialize. Is everyone in place spoke the obvious leader of this faction. Yeah, but are you sure about this...I mean come on known of these kids seem to be worth the trouble. Have we even broken a set yet said one cocky youth. Never underestimate the enemy shouted the leader. The girl rolled her eyes, but she backed down naturally. Hmph...its not like we sent Yuru undercover or anything. An awkward silence followed that statement as both parties decided on a stalemate.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ennui. That was the word.
Orpheus rarely let his smile slip in front of someone important, but this was a special occasion- he had been woken up last night by someone deciding that 2 AM was the ideal time to start screaming. The ever-mild redhead let out a small yawn.
Not that being in the elite Pendulum class was anything to sneeze at- Orpheus himself had to admit that this was a bit of a big deal- he had merely hoped that the whole speech could have been skipped.
As it was, he let his eyes flick about, taking in each individual student, trying to determine who got in mostly on grades, and who got in mostly on their Dueling.
Orpheus resumed his smile, and looked Mr. Akaba in the eyes- people would know who was which soon enough, and no one would mistake him for a bookworm.

---------

Busujima Yuruko listened to Dr. Nobufusa with rapt attention, letting her Simalcrum Duel Disk repeatedly run sample Duels between her Deck and Constellar cards. The light buzzing of a simulated Duel being lost came up more often than she would have liked, but Yuruko refused to let that discourage her, and focused on the presentation instead.
Yuruko smiled at hearing that her course was apparently the metaphorical big man on campus- of course, the pressure that this entailed shone through. Hopefully, though, she would be able to hold onto victory regardless.
Yuruko nodded, and internally gave herself a pep talk. Her GameChild cards would definitely give her an edge, right?

Koto looked at Professor Marco and nodded, he wasn't one for talking and looked back down at his notes. Despite being a newer student after transferring, he was considered to be one of the best Fusion users at the school. He currently had one goal for his school life, become one of the strongest students in the school. Looking up he began thinking who he would take on after class, he heard rumors of a new secret class going on, but being a rumor he disregarded it. Whispering to himself, Koto looked at the list of students who were ranked close to him "With Fusions being on of the earliest summoning methods, I should test my luck versus one of the new ones."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana sighed, what was the point in calling out a high level Synchro monster just to demonstrate Synchro summoning. To top it off Professor Aesop used a Accel Synchro instead of a normal one, sure both had the same base but it was simple enough to bring out monsters without the theatrics. She looked down at her deck and brought out her favourite card 'Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator', this card was what allowed her to win some of her duels either allowing a Synchro or giving enough attack power to win. Looking around she didn't see anyone that struck her as interesting, sighing again she thought that their would be no-one this year who could push her enough to make her think of becoming friends.

Professor Marco kept rambling. Katana already knew everything he was talking about. He rocked in his seat at the back of the class while staring at four cards in his hand. 'The Dark Magician, master of magic... Baby Dragon, a creature with unknown potential... Amulet Dragon, the great dragon commanded by its magical ruler... and of course... Polymerization, the card used for fusing these beasts. These four cards hold the power to my victory.'

The teacher soon noticed Katana not paying attention. "You there," He shouted, "In the back of the room! What different cards can be used to fused monsters together?" The room fell silent. "Excuse me, I asked you a question and I would like an answer." Suddenly Katana rocketed out of this seat and walked towards the front of the room.

"Duel me and I'll show you..." He muttered.

"What did you just say?!" Professor Marco was shocked to hear this.

"I said... Duel me and I'll show you!" Katana lifted his head and pulled his dark red Duel Disk out of his pocket. The classroom let out a loud collective "Oooooooooh!"

"... Fine." Replied the teacher. "Together we will show the class the true potential of Fusion monsters!" Professor Marco pulled out a light purple Duel Disk, and got into a fancy position "Let's Duel!"

"I'll begin!" Marco exclaimed. The class roared, cheering for their favorite teacher. "I Summon Elemental HERO Burstnatrix, as well as activating the Spell Card Swords of Revealing Light! You cannot attack for three whole turns! Now make a move!"

"Well... You wanted me to show the different Spells used for Fusion so..." Katana drew a card. "... I won't this turn... But I do play the Spell Dark Magic Curtain! I can pay half my Life Points to Special Summon a Dark Magician from my Deck! I can't Summon again due to the effect of Dark Magic Curtain, and I can't attack... So I'll end my turn after setting one card."

[spoiler=Current Field]

Marco - LP = 4000

3 cards in hand

Elemental HERO Burstnatrix (1200 ATK, Attack Position)

Swords of Revealing Light (1 turn)

Empty Grave and Banished Zone

Katana - LP = 2000

3 cards in hand

Dark Magician (2500 ATK, Attack Position)

2 Set cards

Dark Magic Curtain in Grave and Empty Banished Zone

[/spoiler]

Marco stared at Katana. Something about him was... Odd...

"I draw!" Marco swiftly lifted the top card off of his Deck. "Students! I will now show the first style of Fusion Summoning! I activate the Spell Polymerization! With it I can fuse Elemental HERO Burstnatrix from my field and Elemental HERO Avian from my hand to Fusion Summon!" The two monsters floated into the air and began to blend into each other. "O great mythical beast, soar into the battlefield and blast away the enemy! I Summon the great Elemental HERO Flame Wingman!" The crowd roared even louder as the Fusion Monster flew over their heads.

"Elemental HERO Flame Wingman attacks Dark Magician!" Someone from the crowd shouted "But he doesn't had enough ATK!"

"Worry not, my student, as I play the Quick-Play Spell Ego Boost from my hand! An attacking monster's ATK is boosted by 1000!" The Flaming Warrior flew directly at Dark Magician.

"I would have expected more from you..." Katana said. "Negate Attack! It stops an attack and ends the Battle Phase!"

"Fine." Marco replied. "But you still can't attack me."

"We'll see about that Professor..." Katana closed his eyes, then drew a card, and his eyes widened. "This is just what I needed... Dark Magic Attack! It destroys all of my opponent's Spells and Traps if I control a Dark Magician!" Professor saw the three Swords, the only things protecting his Elemental HERO Flame Wingman, swallowed by dark magic.

"And I, professor, will now show the second Method of Fusion Summoning. I use the Spell Card, Eye of Timaeus! By using a Dark Magician I control as the only Fusion Material, I can Summon a Fusion Monster that has Dark Magician as one of it's required Fusion Material!" Katana's Dark Magician vanished, then reappeared standing atop a giant dragon. "Mage of Darkness, unleash your inner fury and call forth your mighty steed! Come to me, Amulet Dragon!"

"When Amulet Dragon is Fusion Summoned I can banish any number of Spell Cards from either player's Graveyard, then Amulet Dragon gains 100 ATK for each card banished! I choose to banish all 6 cards from our Graveyards! Amulet Dragon's ATK is now 3500!" Professor Marco looked over at the dragon, then back to Katana.

"Be afraid, Professor... Because now I also activate Polymerization from my hand! I choose to fuse together Dark Magician Girl and Baby Dragon. "Great Magician Girl, Dragon of unknown potential, fuse together to create a legend... Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight!" Professor Marco was even more shocked. 'I'm... Defenseless...' He thought to himself.

"Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight attacks your pathetic monster. With an ATK of 2600, it will destroy the monster and deal 500 damage to you!" The Female Dragon rider indicated her target, and the dragon she was riding on followed the order. The dragon shot out a large fireball, and, within a second, it incinerated the Flame Wingman.

"Now, Amulet Dragon attacks you directly, which will leave your Life Points at exactly 0!" The second dragon flew directly into Professor Marco, then through him, and knocked his Life Points down to zero. "You're lucky it's only a hologram." Katana mumbled. He then sorted out his cards and left the classroom.

[spoiler=Final Field]

Marco - Life Points = 0

2 cards in hand

Elemental HERO Burstnatrix, Avian and Flame Wingman in Grave and Swords of Revealing Light, Polymerization and Ego Boost in Banished Zone.

Katana - Life Points = 2000

0 cards in hand

Amulet Dragon (3500 ATK, Attack Position)

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight (2600 ATK, Attack Position)

1 Set card

Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Baby Dragon, Negate Attack and Polymerization in Grave and Dark Magic Curtain, Eye of Timaeus and Dark Magic Attack in Banished Zone.

[/spoiler]

Kenta sat at his desk, bored, but nevertheless attentive as their Einstein-lookalike of an instructor, Dr. Nobufusa rambled on, bashing on the other forms of Special Summoning taught in the other courses. Not long after the start of the course, Dr. Nobufasa called up one of the top students in the class, Hokuto Shijima up to the front to demonstrate the Xyz Summon; as Constellar Pleiades appeared, Kenta rolled his eyes. "If he just wanted to show off, I wonder why he didn't go for Ptolemy M7; it looks way cooler than Pleiades does," he thought, letting out a slight snicker as he watched half of the students in the room stare up in admiration at the nebula-clad warrior now standing before them. Others in the room didn't look quite so amused, however, as Kenta noticed a general air of disdain emanate throughout the remaining half of the room.

~ ~ ~

About 2 long hours of rambling later, the bell - which sounded more like a siren, really - finally rang, signifying the end of the class period. "B-but...there was so much more I wanted to cover today..." Dr. Nobufasa muttered as he drooped his head in disappointment. "Oh well, class dismissed, I suppose. Study hard - there will be a quiz next class about what we learned on Chaos Xyzs today," he concluded as all the students in the classroom shuffled to pack up their belongings. Kenta, with his deck in hand, grabbed his bag and headed out the door and began wandering through the hallway. "Lunchtime?" he thought, sliding his deck box into his bag.

In the back of the Xyz classroom, a girlish yawn could be heard by those back there, but definitely not if one was paying attention to the lecture. Sitting in one of the desks, looking bored out of her mind and about to doze off, was a very strange-looking girl. She didn't appear to be Japanese, not by any stretch, but she also had electric-blue hair tied into two very long braids, the ends of which were resting on the floor, as well as sharp-looking bangs flowing down off the right side of her face. Blood-red eyes that seemed to faintly glow in the right light stared in total disinterest at the Xyz Summon, as pale fingers attached to fingerless gloves traced across the desk. The girl's skin was incredibly pale and tattooed along the right side of her body, while the left side had a leather sleeve ending in a black and blue Duel Disk with pink designs painted across it. Her tank top was pink with purple stripes on one side, but had black leather straps holding it up, and a leather section on the other side. A leather laptop bag sat near her, more macabre and occult designs painted on its casing, while a combat boot protectively rested against its side. Up one leg was a long stocking in the same design as the half of her tank top, though on the opposite side, while several leather belts draped over her side on the other side from the legging, covering part of a pair of blue cut-off jeans. Her haphazard clothing made her quite a strange sight, especially combined with her red eyes, pale skin, and hair color, even for the people of Maiami City. But most strange was the fact that this strange foreign girl was muttering in a mixture of English and a more guttural language that no one could really understand, but could tell was European in origin. She wasn't happy about this demonstration, and seemed ready to do something...anything...

Meanwhile, outside of the school, a young woman was charging at full speed towards the massive, square hourglass-shaped structure, crimson hair billowing in tandem with her coattails. The girl in question had red hair styled into a series of fin-like spikes that meshed with her bangs, though blonde segments were interlaced with the red. She had on a magenta coat over a cute black and red blouse with a matching skirt. Strangely, a silvery shoulder pad rested on her left shoulder, with a silver and gold Duel Disk on her arm. Black thigh-length boots came up her legs, possessing golden rims and silver zippers on the rear. This poor girl's red eyes were filled with worry as she ran into the building, flashed an ID card at the reception to indicate she was a student, and made it to the elevator, where she could finally catch her breath. The elevator dinged as the doors opened, and she quietly made her way down the hall to the Synchro course introduction, and tried her best to sneak in and find a seat with as few people as possible noticing. Hopefully, no one would pay attention to the late arrival...

Koto got up, seeing Professor Marco lose to a student had serious effect on Masumi. Koto himself was annoyed, Marco had said for Katana to demonstrate the different forms of Fusion Summonings though only 2 different Fusion spells were used. Sighing, Koto got up and headed towards the cafeteria. Koto thought back to the duel, Katana had used Fusion cards he hadn't heard of 'Amulet Dragon' and 'Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight' he thought they would make good opponents for his own Fusion deck. Walking into the cafeteria, Koto saw the person whose profile he was looking at, Kenta Hanari, a student who could use Fusion and Xyz monsters, who people called a fortuneteller, Koto thought differently, he was just an exceptional duelist. After getting his lunch Koto walked over to Kenta to introduce himself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana left the Synchro class early. She found Professor Aesop's class excessive and overall boring. Walking into the reception area she saw someone run into the elevator, the person had an old styled duel disk, this struck Kohana as odd as all duel disks she had seen outside of museums were hard light. Dismissing it, Kohana walked out into Miami City. She never liked eating in the school cafeteria as it was packed and loud. After purchasing a sandwich, she headed back to the school. Before heading back to the classroom, Kohana walked towards the Fusion hall as she heard of a duelist who beat Professor Marco in a matter of turns. 

Katana didn't head towards the cafeteria, instead, he stood around in the Fusion Hall. Soon after he settled down on the ground, looking at his Deck, Masumi walked up to him. "How did you beat him?!" She yelled. She was clearly frustrated by the fact that her favorite teacher had been defeated so easily.

"It was simple... I believed in the heart of the cards..." Katana replied.

Masumi started at him with a weird expression, then burst out laughing."YOU? YOU, the guy that beat my dear Professor Marco believes in the Egyptian Gods Theory?! That's ridiculous!"

"Quiet, you!" Katana shouted. He picked up his cards and shuffled them together, before pulling out his blood red Duel Disk. "Would you like a demonstration?" Masumi's mouth stopped smiling. "Maybe some other time, 'Yami Yamauchi'." Masumi walked off, occasionally snickering while trying to stay serious.

'That girl..." He thought to himself "I'll show her what it means to be an honorable duelist! I'll win over her respect... I just don't know if I'm powerful enough..."

Kohana heard raised voices from the Fusion hall, moving quicker towards it she saw someone leave, looking closer it was Masumi, the Fusion class Representative. Deciding to head into the hall, Kohana opened the door and saw a boy, probably a few years older than herself sitting on the floor. Looking at him Kohana decided that he must have been the one who defeated Professor Marco, judging from what Masumi had shouted. He seemed lonely like herself but also seemed fine with it. Kohana decided that he would be her first opponent for the new school year. "You seem interesting," Kohana said to the boy "Do you want to duel?" She asked, if the boy declined she knew he wasn't meant to be a friend but if he accepted than Kohana was in for a chance.

Katana looked up, and stared at the green haired woman standing above him. She looked friendly, but clearly curious about the situation that just went down. "Who're you? Actually, it doesn't matter. I'll duel you. But I want you to know I just beat that lame professor in Fusion Class..." His eyes drifted off. "So are you up for it or not?" Katana knew nothing about this girl, yet she seemed very fascinating. "You seem capable of handling my power." He already had his Duel Disk out and his Deck shuffled. After beating the Professor, Katana knew he wouldn't draw so lucky this time.

(I was given the OOC go-ahead to post in this group's Skype chat, so...fun time!)

If this young girl in black and gold attire had a tail, it would be wagging happily right now as she listened to the Pendulum professor's brief introduction. Emerald eyes naturally open wide with enthusiasm, she habitually held on to a strand of her slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length reddish-brown hair, which was partially held up with black bows that had golden bells in the center. In her thin arms, covered in the gold-trimmed sleeves of her simple black dress with a golden collar and waistline, was a thick sketchbook with a rainbow-colored cover on either end, brightly identifying it as hers. It was currently open as she doodled in it with a green colored pencil for the time being, trying to draw out a picture of her would-be-teacher.

...let's just say that if it was seen by said professor, she'd be in trouble off the bat, she was a horrible drawer...

Unlike some of the other duelists, who got in with either their amazing grades or their fantastic dueling skills, she was an experiment within an experiment. A group of cards made several years ago was recently discovered within a collection of failed card ideas, a group of direct attackers that appeared mostly as the drawn versions of various monsters, and the person who found them decided to try to bring life to them by adding a few new cards to their numbers. She was the daughter of the discover's friend, who decided that the best to try using these hidden-away monsters, the Toons, would be a child.

Pulling out one particular card from her deck, she glanced upon a cartoonic white dragon with blue-ringed eyes and a wicked toothy smile on its face, the Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon.

"I'm gonna laugh my scales off if you flunk right out of this school at the first go," she heard in her head, which caused the young girl with the vivid imagination to frown.

"Tekran, why you so mean," she quietly asked, trying not to let others hear her. She could have sworn the corners of the card's mouth curled up even more...

Haru was staying in the back of the Fusion Hall. The whole show her Professor Marco gave to them was far to overdone and flashy for her eyes. Not that she could have complained through. So she did what she always did, watching and staying out of it. 'Hopefully, he won't expect stuff like that from all of us.' Haru prefered the more moderate way of dueling. Slow, chilled, waiting for the right moment, not, smashing everything at eachothers faces like the Professor showed them right up there.

Then, some overly confident student got up and defeated the Professor with not so much effort as Haru would have expected. Actually, it was a fast duel and a quite easy win. 'How can that guy be teaching something to us. He should be the one learning.' After that, she left the class earlier. She did not believe that her absense would even be noticed.

After roaming around the school for a while, giving faked smiles to passerbys that she did not even know, she came back to the Fusion Hall, after giving another smile to a very enraged Masumi Kotsu. Inside the hall, she found the show-off from before, along with another girl. They seemed as if they were about to duel, so Haru wrote a short message on a piece of paper and handed it over to the show-off boy. It read: "I would really like to witness your power. Being so confident, you must be able to defeat the entire school. So please, show me."

Haruna sighed out of boring. It was the new term morning, and instead of sitting in the Fusion class where she's supposed to be, she was now sitting alone in the LDS's Center court. Normally, this place is always filled with LDS's skillful duelists who came for a change on their official record and she always enjoys either watching or crushing them. But since today is the start of the new term, the absence of everyone is to be expected, maybe except for her. "Geez, what in the world could you learn from those boring classes anyway? Anyone, come and duel me pleaseeeee!!" Her sharp voice echoed through the empty duel arena...

"Excuse me, I'm late" Masato said to Reiji as he walked in the Pendulum class. The DDDs guy nodded and glanced at the empty desk with a pair of card on it. Masato walked to that desk and sat down. He picked up those 2 cards, they were "Crystal Sage Lapis" and "Crystal Sage Lazuli". He looked at their strange green and orange template for a while before shuffling them into his own deck and began to listen to Reiji.

As he heard about how the first set of Pendulum cards were created and how powerful those "original" one were, Masato couldn't help but picked one of his own card up, it's a Rainbow Dragon, his deck first and the most powerful boss. He looked at it and started to imagine it in the Pendulum template, but he then told himself that there's no way that his card would turn into a Pendulum Monster before listening to Reiji again.

After finishing the class, he walked around to find an opponent to who could help him testing his 2 new Pendulum cards, and that's when his duel disk rang as it got a message. He looked at it for a short while before heading to Himika's office

Orpheus stretched, still not fully awake. "Hopefully the cafeteria has something to shake this off. For a second, I thought I saw a little girl in class!"

As he made his way down for lunch, Orpheus came to appreciate the fact that this place wasn't one of those straight-laced schools that wore uniforms. This way, each and every person displayed their own unique tastes through what they wore- and the Spellcaster Duelist found that there were plenty of tastes he could get behind, meaning being caught.

Of course, with his eyes half-open due to some jerk waking him up with screaming in the middle of the night, he couldn't appreciate it fully . . .

Orpheus sighed. It seemed that that one event had tainted his whole day.

"At least I'm still the respected, mature upperclassman," he consoled himself, his constant smile making it almost seem as if he was being sarcastic.

---------

Yuruko grabbed her book bag and walked out of the classroom for lunch, glad to hear the bell. Dr. Nobufusa had almost started getting into the more complicated aspects of Xyz monsters, and as it was she still didn't completely understand Chaos Xyz evolution.

Maybe I enrolled in the wrong course, she thought dejectedly.

She quickly grabbed herself a table, and started eat her self-packed lunch in peace.

Looking around at the Duels people challenged one another to, Yuruko realized that, if there was one thing getting rewarded here, it was aggressive tactics. Suddenly, her chicken lost its flavor- it became clear that her more passive strategy wasn't going to pay off.

Do I have to get more aggressive, I wonder?

This guy certainly is... bombastic, thought one Thomas Furisaki, as he watched the Xyz exhibition as Dr. Nobufusa passionately exclaimed all about Xyz summoning. While he gave an introduction to the class, Thomas looked around the rather large classroom the students had gathered  in, trying to see if he saw anyone he recognized. While he didn't, he did see someone odd, almost kinda creepy; a pale skinned girl in the back of the room, with electric blue hair and piercing red eyes, that seemed to stand out due to her punk-like non-japanese looks. Thomas averted his gaze, a bit unnerved by this person's presence, suddenly finding his Extra Deck more interesting. I really should get more Rank 3 monsters, Thomas thought, looking at his sole Rank 3 Xyz monster.

The bell signaled the end of class, and Thomas left to get lunch. He understood the basics of Xyz summoning well enough, and knew that there would be exceptions to Xyz summoning, as was the case for other kinds of summoning, even though he wasn't completely aware of these other summoning forms.

Let's see, I got a few hours until my next class, there're certainly more duels going on here... Thomas thought as he wandered the halls, searching for something to do. 

Sasha sat on a bench across the street from the school, really not feeling like heading over to class quite yet. She knew that her Xyz class was ongoing, but she really didn't care. Pulling out her phone, she glanced at the time, Well, if I leave now, I might be able to pop in on time to at least see all of the competi- classmate... Standing, she crossed the street leisurely, wondering what kinds of prey would be around this year. Caught up in thought, she was nearly hit by an oncoming car, responding to it with a fit of anger, "Hey, maniac! Did you not see I was here? It is not like I came out of nowhere, idiot!" Slamming her palm down on the hood of the car, she dented it slightly, continuing her rant, "get out of that car! I think that you and I need to have a little-" before she could finish, the driver quickly backed up and drove around her, "talk..."

Entering the school, she took an elevator to reach the level her classroom was located on. Approaching the door, she knocked on it twice, before opening it, putting on the nicest face she could muster. "Sorry, everyone! I just slept in, is all! My name is Sasha Alkeiv, but you can just call me Sasha!" Sticking out her tongue, he winked to the entire room... which she quickly discovered to be empty. Her expression quickly turning to anger, she looked at the time on her phone once again, "The schedule changed?!? And they didn't even think to inform an elite duelist such as myself?!?" Turning away from the room, she stormed her way down the hall and onward toward the cafeteria, getting a small meal for herself and sitting down at a table on her own, eating in silent fury.

As Kenta was walking down the hallway, he noticed someone striding towards him. He turned around and saw a rather tall, black-haired teenager. "Oh, Koto Komagata...I've heard of you. I'm Kenta, nice to meet you" Kenta smiled, holding out a hand before they began conversing. "They say that you were quite the promising student here several years back," Kenta recalled as they turned a corner. Suddenly, Kenta felt his phone vibrate - the screen was glowing as he removed it from his bag. "Hmm, a new message..." he thought as he slid open the lock screen. Kenta's eyes flashed for a moment as he read the text. "Sorry, Koto - not to be rude, but we'll have to catch up later. I have something to attend do," he apologized before he quickly paced off. 

After having walked a fair distance from where the others were having lunch, Kenta looked around, saw that no students were around, and silently stepped onto an elevator. The doors closed and he felt the ground moving upwards. The doors opened and he stepped off onto a platform, joining three other students in a dark room as they approached a middle-aged, magenta-haired woman.

Oh my God! I am so fly! I mean look at me sittin here stunnin' in this exclusive Pendulum Class because my duelin' skills soooo boss. Truly baddest b**ch in the game! Shizun thought to himself as he was not listening to Mr. Akaba's explanation of Pendulum summoning. Granted he realized that he wasn't alone in this experimental classroom. Shizun spent the most of his time in class trying to figure out which clothes would make him look more awesome and if that was actually even possible. Of course after this introductory class was finished he found wandering the school grounds looking for one of the open duel areas to borrow. He should be trying to focus on getting his numbers up so he could represent with the school come the Maiami Championships. Though the question was...Who gon' get this thrash first?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orientation is always tough because it forces the teachers to endure all of the rudeness from new students. Children who haven't learned to control their bored facial expressions not understanding the concept of respect. But it was something that the school needed to do. As they are finished the teachers at least get to conference together in the teacher's lounge. Aesop, Dr. Jones and Dr. Nobufusa were waiting for the last member of this elite club know as the heads of departments. As Marco walked in he instinctively snickered and laughed as he could feel the glares from the other teachers. Burstanitrix, Swords of Revealing Light, EGO BOOST!! At least the last card has a bit of irony to it. Seriously you do this every year, it undermines our position as faculty. If students saw us as some unbeatable creatures that they could never aspire to then they would loose motivation. Besides what we should really be concerned with is the quality of your students. Using such low quality cards and whatnot. Well what do you expect from the fusion department the concept of the whole mechanic is let spell cards do your work for you. Your lack of knowledge for having a doctorate is almost outstanding. Besides don't we have other issues we need to discuss. True I heard another one of our students was taken out by these mysterious assailants. The tension in the room grew a lot thicker. They are talking about mobilizing the school's police force. The real police are a resource we just refuse to utilize correct? This is an LDS matter and we will be the ones to deal with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course one was late. They were students after all. But she had to deal with the authenticity and all. Himika basically glared at this student for a while before deciding to let the situation go. I sense that you are a polite student with lofty aspirations, so I want to welcome you to my own little deva project. All you have to do is quietly monitor my son Reiji. I do not know if you've heard, but the streets are getting increasingly dangerous for LDS students. I'm sure someone like you will be fine and I would like for you to use that security and extend it towards my son. How does that sound to you?

"Well, it seems that this year's orientation lacks enough flair, just like last year. The teachers holding back too much, new kids watching in awe, nothing really out of the ordinary.

I guess this is enough to be included on tomorrow's paper."

Packing her notes and other equipments back into her bag, Bunko looked once again to the exhibition provided by Dr. Vivian Jones, her teacher at the Ritual Summoning school. She's never really cared much about dueling despite how people said that she's naturally talented in it, as even her deck was something that was given to her by someone whose name had escaped her, quite a long time ago, and she only used it whenever she needed some nice amusement. And not to mention that it's the only deck that she ever bothered in using, or learned to use. She did read others' card all the time, but she never cared much about how the decks themselves played. If she could, she even would refuse to enter any of the Summoning Schools due to them forcing her to learn more about *gasp* other playing styles, but in the end she finally decided to just go to the Ritual School, though the only change her deck really experienced was just the ritual spell and the ritual monster lazily slapped into the deck without any other edits.

But, that shouldn't really matter anyway, it just some minor details that shouldn't matter much, especially now.

Her main concern lately was the lack of interesting things to put into her newspaper. Things were just too...quiet and usual. Not even the usual rumors that she usually investigated were flying around lately, no incidents, just nothing.

The thrill of seeking the truth...it was for now gone for Bunko. She smiled to Dr. Vivian before she left the hall, and she immediately went into the cafeteria for some quick treat. She haven't eaten anything that day due to arriving really early to the academy for the orientation report.

"I'll call the assistants to me here after I eat, yeah, that'd sound nice. But they might catch something pretty interesting that's going on their area, so I guess I should give them more time or something.

Or, whatever. Tch, I need something interesting for the news tomorrow!"

The cafeteria was surprisingly relatively empty, compared to usual. Probably had something to do with the orientation stuff going on, but still, there's only so few students there at the time she arrived on the scene. One that caught her eye immediately was a girl angrily munching down her meal while sitting alone.

Deciding that someone to talk to would be nice now, Bunko decided to sit across the girl after she ordered something, waiting for some time for her to notice her presence before she take the initiative to introduce herself and start a conversation.

"Hey, is something the matter? You're eating like a wild beast there.

Anyway, I'm Bunko, third year from the Ritual School. Wanna talk for a bit?"

The arena. Technically, one of the arenas in this building. The kind of place where all kinds of duels take place.

Thomas found himself walking across one such place. It was a rather vast space in the Leo Duel School, with plenty of room to accommodate the new style of dueling, Action Duels. 

Come to think of it, Thomas mused, I never participated in an Action Duel before... I wonder what it would be like... 

He knew what Action Duels were about; he had witnessed a few before, but he never had the chance to partake in one. Which, he realized, was a bit odd; he was a 2nd year, and to not have participated in one Action Duel during the last year was like... was like... 

Like... going to the beach several times, yet never going in the water. And with that, Thomas knew what he wanted to do for now. All he had to do was find an opponent that would indulge him. 

Shouldn't be that hard. Indeed, he already saw several people in the arena, not a lot though. He walked towards the closest one, a boy dressed in dark green robes.

Taking a breath to calm his nerves, he said to him, "Excuse me? Are you up for an Action Duel?"

I sense that you are a polite student with lofty aspirations, so I want to welcome you to my own little deva project. All you have to do is quietly monitor my son Reiji. I do not know if you've heard, but the streets are getting increasingly dangerous for LDS students. I'm sure someone like you will be fine and I would like for you to use that security and extend it towards my son. How does that sound to you?
Masato held his head up high and replied "I'm up for this. It's my pleasure to be chosen from among all elite students here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh hey, there's someone here!" Haruna heard a boy's voice, she turned to that direction which was center court's entrance. There were 3 boys who seemed to skipped class like herself entered. one of them suddenly said "Hey, what's about dueling me, girl?" "That's not fair, I also want to duel that cute girl!" "Shaddap, you both! my official record was 4/23 while your guys already have more than 10 wins, so I'm the one who'll dueling her!" "That have nothing to do with this!" "What!?" After looking at the arguing boys and their Extra Deck slot on the duel disk which was carelessly left opened. Haruna who suddenly felt funny talked to them with a cute smile and voice "Oi, nee-san tachi, why don't you 3 dueling me at once?" "Uh.. are you sure? We don't want to win with..." "Who say I'd let you win?" Haruna replied with a giggling, the boys seemed to be stunned for a while, but then they laughed and all of them activated their duel disks. One of the boy jokingly said "So Battle Royale rules? Hey girl, You're the type I freaking like, what's about you being my girlfriend if neither of 3 of us reach 0 Life Points?" Haruna just laughed at this, she then replied "Why bothering with such an annoying condition? just win me and I'm fine with that!Ignoring the boys' cheers, Haruna activated her own duel disk with the same color as her hairs. The light-green blade appeared and the 4 of them yelled "Duel!"

"Lady first!" the same boy who seemed to be the group leader said again and Haruna smiled at him before nodding and saying "Then, it's my turn!" She looked at her hand, DiFi, Soul Absorbtion, Wen, Combination and Gold Sarcophagus for a Necroface in her deck, Haruna grinned as she finished her planning, with this hand, her opponents now have 0 chance of winning, she started her play...

"Arghh!" The final boy screamed as his Life Points reached 0 and the face-up Spells and monsters of Haruna, whose Life Points raised above 20000, disappeared as the duel ended in a mere 10 minutes. The boys were all speechless when Haruna checked her own duel disk and deliberately spoke out loud with a cheerful voice "Oh and now my official record is 46/1, thanks you very much" Ignoring the boy who ran away from the court, she walked back to the stand and thought "So.. it seems good and skillful students are not skipping the class.." Looking at the time, there's almost an hour left before the classes finished... "..Aww."

- An hour later -

Haruna who slept at the stand finally woke up as she heard someone shouted "Excuse me? Are you up for an Action Duel?" She looked and saw the dark brown-haired guy challenging a boy in dark green robes. It seemed the classes already finished and people were starting to come here, she smiled and decided to just sit there and watch them in case the first pair who reached here going to duel each other.

"Luckily, I have taken certain measures to make sure my son stays safe."

"How does she expect just three people to be enough for this sort of job, anyway?"

Having now been fully briefed on the situation regarding the kidnappings, Kiyo sighed heavily. Though he was certainly willing to do his part and helpp get to the bottom of whatever this recent string of incidents was, he had little confidence in the ability of such a small group students to do so. sure, they were all eminently talented duelists, but being good at a card game wasn't something that translated very easily into detective skills. Then again, the headmistress's priority seemed to be more on protecting her son than actually keeping the student body as a whole safe. Typical enough. Though Kiyo knew Reiji well enough as a decent kid, he wasn't particularly fond of his mother, partially because she was more heavily focused on the LDS's profit margin than she was the well-being of its students, and partially because as the Headmistress, he'd had a few run-ins with her in regards to disciplinary action. In fact, he'd been rather surprised that she'd selected him to be a Deva at all, considering the amount of classes he'd cut and the reprimands he'd received. Then again, he'd been one of Professor Aesop's favorite students during his time in the Synchro Summonng program (especially when compared to his rather caustic relationship Aoi Nobufusa, the Xyz summoning professor he was currently studying under). Perhaps old Aesop had put in a good word for him. Kiyo made a mental note to stop in later and say hello.

"Welcome to the Deva project."

Kiyo looked around the dimly lit room, making note of each of the other two students in turn. Not that doing so mattered very much. Though he was just barely able to make out the faces of the other three Devas, he knew none of them by name and quite frankly sticking around to introduce himself was not something he felt like doing. As he was about to begin motioning himself toward the door, another student entered. The Headmistress was Quick to adress the new arrival.

I sense that you are a polite student with lofty aspirations, so I want to welcome you to my own little deva project. All you have to do is quietly monitor my son Reiji. I do not know if you've heard, but the streets are getting increasingly dangerous for LDS students. I'm sure someone like you will be fine and I would like for you to use that security and extend it towards my son. How does that sound to you?

One of the other students in the room took an opportunity to respond. "I'm up for this. It's my pleasure to be chosen from among all elite students here!"

Yup, Reiji was definitely a bigger priority than the student body as a whole. How nice. At the very least the others seemed eager to lend a hand, so hopefully the four of them would be able to handle the situation befor eit got out of hand. The last thing Kiyo wanted was to see any of his friends or teammates kidnapped. He decided that now was an excellent time to leave, so he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Well, now that we've all gotten the low-down, I have an Xyz summoning class that I'm just dieing to get to. If you'll all excuse me." Though Kiyo's tone was by no means impolite, the added sarcastic emphasis in his tone was sure to make anyone listening to him aware that he was not very fond of the class he now had to be getting to... not that he was actually going to attend it today.  He'd had just about enough of Nobufusa's pretension and disrespect toward the Synchro Monsters that inhabited Kiyo's extra deck, not to mention the elderly professor wasn't very fond of Kiyo himself, who tended to daydream and sleep during his class. Seeing as this deva meeting had already made Kiyo late, he decided to skip the class entirely rather than subject himself to another chewing-out. He turned around and made his way out the door, quickly getting into an elevator in the hallway and taking it down several floors. Hopefully he'd be able to make it to Aesop's class and pop in just in time to lend the professor a hand with the traditional beginning-of-the-semester synchro spam, during which Aesop was wont to dazzle the students with his Shooting Quasar Dragon. Having completed the Synchro curriculum prior to the beginning of the previous semester, Kiyo had gotten to come back on the first day of class and be a part of the demonstration, showing off the larger 'Blackwing' monsters in his extra deck during a demonstration duel against Yaiba Todo, one of the other top Synchro users at LDS, for the newer students. Hopefully, he'd be able to do the same thing today rather than suffering through another xyz class.

---

A few minutes later, Kiyo found himself on on of the lower stories of the massively tall LDS school building. he'd been here numerous times before, having taken most of his synchro courses here. Sadly though, it seemed as if class had already begun. Not quite deterred though, he decided that here would be as good a place as any to wait out the class period. Besides, he had a better chance of not being found out here than he did trying to make his way out of the building. Unfortunately though, the door made a rather loud creak as he opened it and anyone who was not listening to the professor's lecture would have most likely heard and seen him come in. Kiyo quickly made his way to an empty seat in the back of the room. Hopefully here he could remain unnoticed.

"Heh, no one took notice of a kid in the class," echoed the annoying high-pitched voice in her head, causing the young girl to slump her shoulders slightly as she made her way to the cafeteria after the relatively-short lecture, her stomach grumbling a bit.

"I hungry," she chirped to herself as she finally stepped into it, wondering what she was going to get for herself.

"No pizza. Sick of pizza," she heard momentarily in her head. "BTW, how come everyone but you is dueling?"

This sudden question had the young girl in black and gold forget her hunger for the moment, she dashed out of the cafeteria, almost tripping over the front edge of her own dress as she bolted. The first place she found with a pair of people was in an arena, one in dark-green attire and the other with dark-brown hair. Tilting her head slightly, a childish grin appeared on her face as she randomly ran up to the pair without a thought about the fact that such an intrusion was possibly rude.

"Are you two gonna duel," she asked with a chipper tone, her rainbow-colored book still in her hand, unaware of the sound of a paw meeting a face in the back of her mind.

"If I could, I'd be apologizing on her behalf..."

As Orpheus walked by, he couldn't help but notice that there really was a young girl in the school- the same one he thought he had seen in the Pendulum class earlier. "I'll be damned," he muttered to himself.

As a precaution, he activated his beat-up old Duel Disk- he knew exactly how often Duels broke out, and reaching down to switch it on really broke the flow of an excited challenge.

"Oi, kid," Orpheus called to the little girl, "it's obvious those two are going to Duel, so you might want to stand aside. If you want to challenge someone, try someone who isn't already being challenged!"

---------

Yuruko stood to the side, watching various Duels take place, analyzing every card, every strategy.

The Fusion students relied on their Spell cards, so GameChild Thief would be a huge priority, with the Mages as support. The Ritual students had an even higher dependence, with the added weakness of highly specific cards that could be taken out or negated easily.

The Synchro students usually wanted to get things done with pretty specific monster combos, given how ideal balances of Tuners and non-Tuners were apparently easy to disrupt. Quick snipes of the relatively low-level Tuner monsters was key, she decided.

The other Xyz students all had monsters of either identical levels or monsters that could change their Level at will. That would be hard to disrupt, but Yuruko decided that a suitably fast strategy would make the Xyz monsters impossible to bring out anyway.

That left those dangerous Pendulum students, that she couldn't see in a Duel anywhere.

"Interface system," she murmured, "lookup: Pendulum monsters. Ideal disruption strategies."

The glasses beeped, and a search engine began looking up ways to take down Pendulum monsters. There were only four results:

Magic Jammer
Anti-Magic Fragrance
Vanity's Fiend
Jowgen the Spiritualist

Yuruko tried very hard not to facepalm. "Set reminder: update search engine." The glasses beeped.

Koto looked as Kenta walked off, walking back into the cafeteria he remembered his last time at LDS. He was one of the more promising Tribute Summoning students at a young age. He knew that past was behind him and his old deck was now in the hands of someone else. Looking at his deck, he brought out a card which he never let out of his sight, 'Advanced Unit - Janus', he was told that it was a one of a kind card and should treasure it accordingly. The actual reason he never let it leave his sight was because it was the last card he was given before he transferred back to Miami City. Putting it back into his deck he decided to had on back to class despite lunch was still ongoing. Sighing Koto remembered what his old deck, with the correct hand, could do. Looking back to his deck he thought about who he would duel today. Wrapped up in thought, Koto didn't realize that he had arrived at the Center Court. Looking around, he saw more people than he expected, one of which was fairly young, looking at her Koto thought he had seen her from some where before, but then Koto had a knack for forgetting faces and remembering ones he hadn't seen. Taking a seat Koto, decided to watch any duels that would be taking place before heading back to class.

Archived