[Hearthstone] Goblins vs Gnomes

Althemia

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards?display=3&filter-set=101&filter-unreleased=1

Goblins vs Gnomes (GvG) will be the first expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, planned for release December 2014. It will feature at least 120 new cards, with a strong mechanical theme, and introduce the new Mech minion type, as well as debuting the long-awaited spectator mode.

I'm honestly kinda surprised there was never a topic made on this, especially since the class specific cards have been actually quite strong from what we've seen so far. Favourite cards shown thus far are Sneed, Bouncing Blade and Shrinkmeister. Discuss?

Also I'll post updates in the thread daily since we'll probably get new cards every day up until release early December.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially it seemed like a lot of the cards being released would be random (which does fit the them they're going for, but there is such a thing as too much RNG), but they've said they've shown off mostly RNG cards for the sake of building up hype. So I'm assuming the majority won't be RNG.

I like the Mech archetype they're going for, and I can't wait to see what kind of other cards we get, and what kind of decks come with it. Also, Mechanical Dragonling, Harvest Golem, Alarm-o-Bot, Gelbin's Inventions, and Demolisher will all be Mechs when the expansion hits, I'm not sure if they're all the ones being changed.

For those of you who aren't subscribed to Trump, he's done a really good video talking about his opinions of the cards shown so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfqVgoHWyZs

Nax was terrible in my opinion, this expansion's much need. 

On one side I'm glad it's themed around goblins and mechs but I really don't want it to be bound solely to those cards, even 60/120 cards centered around goblins and mechs seems a bit unneeded to be honest. We'll just have to wait and see what cards get released. Either way, this is definitely good for hs.

Okay enhance-o machano is gonna be hilarious with murlocks.....

Enhanceo is ridiculous with Zoo though, on a more serious note. Being able to give all of those low drop minions key words is insane when you consider how good the curve is in that deck anyway

Nax was terrible in my opinion, this expansion's much need.

While I agree that this expansion is definitely much needed to stop the game from getting stale, I don't think Naxx can be argued to be a terrible expansion when so many of the cards have had a large impact on the way the game has taken shape. Stuff like Spinner, Undertaker, Chow, Shade and Belcher have changed the way that both Constructed and Arena are played most presumably forever.

On one side I'm glad it's themed around goblins and mechs but I really don't want it to be bound solely to those cards, even 60/120 cards centered around goblins and mechs seems a bit unneeded to be honest. We'll just have to wait and see what cards get released. Either way, this is definitely good for hs.

We know that there's going to be non-GvG centric cards included in this set, though they'll probably have stuff like Mech type just to pass off as being technical inclusions. From what I recall, the 'leaked' Priest Legend was a 5-mana 6/2 that switched it's health with another minion on the board of your choice. It had no relation to anything else in the set really.

CBvWiB2.png

Vote here for which card you want to see on Monday. Realized I should probably be taking shots of the cards so that we still have a reference to what rarities are being filled with what class specific cards, also because these cards look cool as hell.

Voted for the Druid Epic personally since I never really cared much for Mage and the Druid one looks so awesome + always had a thing for tree creatures.

Or, just Shield Block.

Shield Block doesn't suck, right?

Shield block's only purpose in constructed is to cycle and set-up for shield slam, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see builds of legend warrior or variants of it replace shield block with this card. The only issue really is that for 6 mana legend-warrior tends to run Sylvanas/Cairne/Black Knight so at that point unless you've got a shield slam in hand for next turn, I doubt this card would take priority over one of them unless of course there's no taunt target for the BK.

Either way it really depends on the rest of the set, but at the very least we'll at least see some test builds with this card included.

Archived