[Hearthstone] Goblins vs Gnomes

Althemia

19 new cards and patch changes on www.hearthpwn.com

The following balance changes will be made in an upcoming patch:

Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy s***, Anima Golem. That could potentially be freaking crazy.

lol @ Nesingwary.

Yeah, Shadowboxer looks sweet. Another good early game card for Priest.

Vitality Totem, we finally have the ability to heal as Shaman again!

Floating Watcher looks like it could be very good.

Crush looks neat but I'm not sure it would see play since we've already got Execute/Shield Slam.

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/attachments/7/204/10847807_823491941026909_8388075338068521316_n.jpg

Needs to be a theme deck in itself.

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/attachments/7/200/10513487_823491977693572_2890174067910942560_n.jpg

They just got another murlock legend so another one is really cool.

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/attachments/7/203/10846351_823491967693573_4517948327258405067_n.jpg

Stupid value on this and potentially stops you from the rare case of decking out. Glad druid is my main.

ec00463fb0dac037da0debeb315a0858.png

Hands down the most broken card of the set in my opinion. 

The only way to deal with this in most situations is to either ram it with a huge minion (at 6 mana I doubt your opponent has anything) or trade it with 2 mid-range minions (costing an average of 7-9 mana between the two) or 3 low-range minions (7-9 mana as well) so it becomes a solid 2/3 for 1, so at its worst it's still decent. 

In most cases they're going to use a spell + a minion, so for example if they use fireball + a 2/3 that's a 6 mana investment to 2 for 1 your guy, again a decent trade off as is, but on top of that you get a fucking fireball to deal with whatever the fuck they play. 

Small note about Gallywix btw, since the more keen-eyed of you would have realized that the Coin would infinitely trigger Gallywix.

Honestly all of the class legends bar a couple that we received from this set are incredibly good. Only one I think is not really worth it is Flame Leviathan tbh.

The rest have pretty decent synergy with some gimmicks in their class so leviathan is pretty off-topic tbf.

I think the only less than great Warlock card was Fel Cannon.

All the demon stuff was good. Imp-losion seems like it'll find a home, Darkbomb is potentially better than Soulfire and is better than Shadowbolt, and Anima Golem will be good somewhere.

Archived