Super Showdown Society (closed)

Currently checking every few seconds for Spaz with paranoia because it's almost over and I still have a few people to get through before I get to pick.

There's one mon that I definitely want next lol

Which one is it though?

Just chill for a few hours and think of alternatives. 

Question though. Why didn't you make whomever picks Charizard choose between X and Y, otherwise it's two completely different megas in one. The same goes for Silvally, its basically 18 Pokémon. Not that I'd want that changed, or that it would bother me, but I was wondering since every other draft I watched had special rules for these.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know very well I only get 1 Mega; the rules Cow put forward make me declare which I get at the end of the draft. I don't have to reveal that until then.

As for Silvally, I see no reason why I'd be able to use only one. Sure it can be any type, but it is very much balanced by the fact that I lose an item slot doing it.

I know very well I only get 1 Mega; the rules Cow put forward make me declare which I get at the end of the draft. I don't have to reveal that until then.

As for Silvally, I see no reason why I'd be able to use only one. Sure it can be any type, but it is very much balanced by the fact that I lose an item slot doing it.

Yeah the first one was an oversight by me. I was just asking, since every other draft I know separates the different Silvally types.

No complaints here.

Which one is it though?

Just chill for a few hours and think of alternatives. 

Question though. Why didn't you make whomever picks Charizard choose between X and Y, otherwise it's two completely different megas in one. The same goes for Silvally, its basically 18 Pokémon. Not that I'd want that changed, or that it would bother me, but I was wondering since every other draft I watched had special rules for these.

Faytl said it already yeah. That's why Zard is a pretty solid pick though it can be obvious which one as the draft goes on.

Silvally though I find that it's kind of pointless without the ability to change types. I don't feel it's strong enough to be something that is game changing. Sure he can try and figure out which type would be best against people's teams but also if he gets it wrong it'll bite him hard in the ass lol

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327011-super-showdown-society/?p=7013220

First, the link to the tournament post. It contains the stuff you'll need to know, besides the matches. Which I will include in this post. (Also this above link will be in the OP under Current Tournaments)

I will be making the Round Robin on challonge and posting the link from there. But something to note

DO NOT DO ANY MATCHES BESIDES WHATEVER ROUND WE'RE ON

I want this to be as league like as possible so we will not move on until each match in the round is over. If you take too long I will find some way to determine who wins or just mark it as a tie.

Remember to post the replay in the thread once you've had your battle.

Now...the link to the challonge

http://challonge.com/f9c4xx04

SQUAAAAAAAK vs All-Terrain Venomoths

Team Pokemon vs Too Meta

Team Wing-It vs The Majestic Miltanks

Team Chaff vs Funnybone Squad

First thing I notice is Yui doesn't have an obvious counter to Magearna here

Staying in just to do some damage to Magearna was iffy however...didn't have much that could take the hit very well.

Flamethrower pretty clever decision on Yui's part there. Making Zoroark Sigilyph was neat.

Yui has a tendency to like to 1 v 1 whatever he's in on. Thus it leads to THROWING AWAY CELESTEELA GDI

Yay a battle over, and hopefully some lessons learned. :o

The fact that I'm holding us up saddens me, just haven't both been on at the same time, hopefully soon since I will have a few days off.

As to that battle...SUPERPOWER THAT WAS SO COOL

That Tyrantrum was perfect for the match my god...though Spaz my man you can't always set up XD

I appreciated the Dazzling Gleam tree though that was neat

I should be able to get on some time this week as I'm staying somewhere for more than a night, would just have to borrow my brother's laptop.

If there's any chance you could within the next hour or so we could knock it out today. Otherwise it'll have to be tomorrow or the next day.

Tomorrow should be fine, won't be able tonight until around 9ish BST.

Ah yeah that's exactly when I will be leaving for my dad's house.

Well tomorrow then. I just gotta make sure not to oversleep ^^;

Hope your team is ready for my janky experimental team :D

Avian and parenthesis, haven't heard from you two, try and post here when you see this.

Archived