Super Showdown Society (closed)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-599981941

I've been trying to ladder in AG with a team of 6 Mew that only know Metronome. This was probably the only one that I won that wasn't by ragequit (People seem to flee upon seeing 6 Mew. And also that one guy whose Eevee got hit by Topsy Turvy right after using Eevoboost). I mean, he did quit, but he admitted he was gonna lose.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just peeking in to say that I'm glad to see Tangrowth and that Linoone put in work; admittedly, I wanted Linoone to drop a full sweep but... yeah, Tangrowth is too good, too xD

IDK, I have thought on applying to the Club, but that won't be today.

Remember my adventures in AG? I actually won a battle. 6v6 no ragequit.

My greatest achievement

Also, 2 other tournament ideas:

Option 1:

Budgetmons

Your team can include any Pokemon allowed in OU, with one catch. The BST of your entire team cannot exceed 2100. Also, if a Pokemon is holding its Mega Stone, the BST for the Mega will be counted instead of the regular form.

Option 2:

The Nuzlocke Tournament

Relax, you don't have to play through an actual Nuzlocke for this. When you sign up for the tournament, you are assigned 1 random main series Pokemon game. You will then be allowed to pick 1 starter and be given 15-20 random encounters from randomly selected areas in that game. You can use any evolved form (including Megas) of your starter and encounters, but if any of them faint in the tournament, they are dead and cannot be used for the rest of the tournament. If all of the Pokemon on your roster faint, you will automatically be eliminated from the tournament.

And so parenthesis vs Avian is a tie.

Mooving on.

Too Meta (Avian) vs Squaaaak (Spaz)

Majestic Miltanks (Cow) vs All-Terrain Venomoths (Button)

Funnybone Squad (Yui) vs Team Pokemon (parenthesis)

Team Chaff (Faytl) vs Team Wing-It (Azure)

Button just to let you know best time to battle me would be Thursday or Friday.

Friday sounds good to me. I'll be staying with my fiancée there but battles aren't long, so we might get that done.

Gonna be getting some groceries and doing laundry (dryer is broken so I gotta go elsewhere to do that). So next couple hours I won't be available but after that we could likely get some time in for it.

Draft League Question: With Heracross being Suspect Tested in RU, if it gets banned, would I have to pick a new RU mon to replace it?

Think that'd be weird. If you got a really good pick back when, having to replace it now that you have adjusted your other picks to that would be rather inconvenient. Also I suspect that more than 5 mons would have to be replaced overall in the league, so that would be some organization trouble too. 

Maybe we should vote about it, but I'm all for keeping the draft that we had.

Also I'm ready for you CowCow. Come at me!

Draft League Question: With Heracross being Suspect Tested in RU, if it gets banned, would I have to pick a new RU mon to replace it?

Think that'd be weird. If you got a really good pick back when, having to replace it now that you have adjusted your other picks to that would be rather inconvenient. Also I suspect that more than 5 mons would have to be replaced overall in the league, so that would be some organization trouble too.

This. I think it's all good.

And yeah sorry Button been working late. Soon I will have a bit more time off though.

Also I'm ready for you CowCow. Come at me!

Any time today/tomorrow you will be able to do it?

Also on the 1st it will have been two weeks since the announcement of the new round.

If by then people have not at least posted and given times they would be able to battle. (Or a PM that I can see as proof) then their match will be a tie/loss.

If they do show attempt to battle I will extend the time.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609661062

And the battle between me and Button is over! Was incredible.

[spoiler=Stuff]Was nervous at the end because honestly had I taken down Tox and he went into Sharpedo it would have been over probably. Because Mawile actually only had Iron Head, Knock Off, and Ice Punch. I tried to hide the whole moveset for this very reason lol. Thinking on it def should have taken off SD for T-Punch but I thought I had enough for those two Water types without it. Honestly I wanted SD in case of Curselax but even that idk if Mawile could have taken with SD so....yeah that was close.

Oh and I checked before attacking but using my spread...

252+ SpA Expert Belt Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 149-178 (44 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

idk why I didn't go Shadow Ball on the switch in on Bronzong though since at least Shadow Ball would have damaged Sharpedo...well actually I do I had forgotten I made the Lele like this just so it can deal with Bronzong if need be XD Ironic since it was brought to counter Lele

A good game, sir.

Hello, fine peoples!

Well, since my cousin revealed to me that you can do Showdown on mobile browsers, I've kinda gotten back into the game.

And what better way to celebrate this than returning to the Showdown Society (considering the fact that somehow I'm still a member :P).

I've been doing Randos more than anything else, but I kinda want to get better at actual team building as I am fairly ok at battling, but making teams is my weak suit.

I'm gonna be camping for the next week, so I'm probably going to have to give this round to Avian. I'll be back by Monday of next week.

If you can talk to him about it and you guys can work out a time then I would be fine waiting that long probably as long as it's not much longer.

As to the above battle...

Good god that Pelipper did some damage

Why is that Alakazam being outsped by Ninetales

Did you put on Froslass because of Hail, Yui? Cause that'd been cool.

Okay Yui got haxxed to death HOWEVER

Probably should have had Taunt Froslass for Minor

And Outrage-ing a thing behind a Sub is a bad move imo

Basically the hax sucked but could still have been worked around.

Analysis end lol

Archived