Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to complications Parenthesis had to forfeit this match.

Spaz was prompt with the alternative though so that was nice.

1. http://replay.pokemo...ttest-558208060

2. http://replay.pokemo...ttest-558208534

3. http://replay.pokemo...ttest-558209690

Parenthesis says he should be able to participate in the next match.

Currently just Faytl vs Button. Winner of that vs me. Winner of that vs Parenthesis. Winner of that vs Spaz.

I haven't been here in a long time, so I think it would be fair to kick me out, but if for some reason you refuse to do that, please change my Showdown username to Sugitani. < without period (just part of the sentence)

I decided to change names because I don't use my previous one anywhere else anyway and thought it would probably make sense to do so.

This is what we call a top ladder match

Edit : Wow, sorry, thought I applicated long ago but wasn't the case.

YCM username: Cauchemar

Pokemon Showdown username: DooLiRaoul

Favorite tier: random battles

Favorite type: None

Favorite Pokémon: Breloom

Oooooh welcome :D

I haven't been here in a long time, so I think it would be fair to kick me out, but if for some reason you refuse to do that, please change my Showdown username to Sugitani.

I decided to change names because I don't use my previous one anywhere else anyway and thought it would probably make sense to do so.

I haven't even kicked out Thar, who's banned, or Dae, who never posted, so I will change it :3

PMed Faytl and Button a while back, no responses, sent another PM recently, nothing. Sent another just now. Here it was.

If you do not at least respond here, or in the thread, by the end of Tuesday with some idea of when you can battle, what times (and timezone), then I will DQ you both.

Seriously. At very least just respond so I know you're actually trying at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I gave ample time, warnings, and alternatives but no response from Button or Faytl so...They are DQed

Which means only me, Parenthesis, and Spaz are left.

Due to the fact that barely any battles happened I will have the final three do it like this.

We each battle each other, best score wins. Unless ties in which case rematches between whoever tied.

However if we all go 1-1 then Spaz, due to being undefeated in the rest of the tournament, wins first place.

Also I will not add the scores here to the rankings because of how the tournament has gone.

....And I doubt I will do many more tournaments anymore due to...well this honestly was a really disheartening experience. Will try and figure out other ways to keep this Club going. Perhaps challenges or specific discussions but I will think on it.

I tried, but due to me being on vacation for a longer time and also due to me constantly missing Faytl or something, my motivation for the whole thing kind of diminished after seeing how it went altogether, with how little battle actually happened. My suggestion would be to do this sorta thing via a discord server and just post the results here, because there you can see who is available much more quickly and missing each other is far harder, also communication with opponents and discussions about the tournaments in general would be far easier.

Of couse, this idea doesn't only have upsides - I mean, it would likely have an influence on the number of posts that are made here, but as it stands now, that wouldn't be the greatest sacrifice. If that was an issue, we could just separate some topics to be discussed here.

At first I thought we had another new person, damn you :P

Oh here's a thing, I have an idea.

I could add a spoiler for "Best rank" where I list people's highest rank in whatever tier they choose to tell they've gotten and update it whenever they break their old "record". Of course I'd need a screenshot of the rank but that's easy enough.

Some Mega ideas:

Mega Dragonite

Dragon/Flying

Ability: Aerilate

HP: 91>91

ATK: 134>164

DEF: 95>110

SPATK: 100>120

SPDEF: 100>120

SPE: 80>95

Art: http://phatmon.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Dragonite-Y-414597228 Note: Not my art, just a good visual of what I thought of.

Reasoning: Dragonite is one of 3 pseudolegendary Pokémon that doesn't have a mega, and most definitely deserves one, being the first pseudo that existed. The stat distribution was even across the board, extremespeed boosted aerilate gives him super good flying STAB, so there's that.

Mega Hydreigon

Dark/Dragon

Ability:Mega Launcher

HP: 92>92

ATK: 105>93

DEF: 90>90

SPATK: 125>175

SPDEF: 90>110

SPE: 98>140

Reasoning: I like Hydreigon, it may be a bit broken but eh, we'll see

Mega Castform

Normal

Ability: Weathercast- Summons weather based on the first moveslot, no weather is summoned if it is any type but Ice, Fire, Water, or Ground and changes form based on that weather.

HP: 70>70

ATK: 70>70

DEF: 70>80

SPATK: 70>120

SPDEF: 70>80

SPE: 70>100

Reasoning: Castform is a cool concept with a bad try. I came up with the ability in order to give Castform some power with its gimmick

That's all I got so far, lemme know how these pan out!

Sorry for not responding sooner friend.

Couple issues I have. Mega Dragonite with Aerialate

Besides Extreme-Speed, this is just a slower, slightly stronger physically and special defense-wise, Salamence.

Also is Hydreigon Launcher there because the original design for Hydreigon was more tank-like? (the vehicle)

I do like the Castform idea though.

Sorry for not responding sooner friend.

Couple issues I have. Mega Dragonite with Aerialate

Besides Extreme-Speed, this is just a slower, slightly stronger physically and special defense-wise, Salamence.

Also is Hydreigon Launcher there because the original design for Hydreigon was more tank-like? (the vehicle)

I do like the Castform idea though.

Mega Dragonite was either Flying with Aerialate or Fairy with Multiscale so that was just a decision I made

Hydreigon was because it had 2 stab moves that were affected by mega launcher but I didn't think about that but it is cool though

Is there any Pokémon anyone can think of that needs a mega b/c I can't think of any atm

Is there any Pokémon anyone can think of that needs a mega b/c I can't think of any atm

Flygon (but then again, if this happens, all the memes become irrelevant), Kingdra, Magnezone, Machamp (The only Gen 1 trade evolution that didn't get one), Milotic

Also,

Mega Regigigas

Type: Normal

Ability: Slower Start - All stats are halved for the first 8 turns after Mega Evolving or switching in. After those turns are finished, all stats are raised to +4

HP: 110 (+0)

Atk: 160 -> 210 (+50)

Def: 110 -> 160 (+50)

Sp Atk: 80 (+0)

Sp Def: 110 -> 160 (+50)

Speed: 100 -> 150 (+50)

This is a complete joke Mega. (But, if it somehow survives those 8 turns, then the opponent is basically screwed.)

As for an slightly more viable Mega idea:

Mega Rampardos

Type: Rock

Ability: Reckless (debating between this and Rock Head)

HP: 97 (+0)

Atk: 165 -> 170 (+5)

Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)

Sp Atk: 65 -> 58 (-7)

Sp Def: 50 -> 90 (+40)

Speed: 58 -> 90 (+32)

Rampardos doesn't need much of an attack boost. He just needed a boost to all his other underwhelming stats (barring the Sp Atk he would never bother with)

Mega Rampardos

Type: Rock

Ability: Reckless (debating between this and Rock Head)

HP: 97 (+0)

Atk: 165 -> 170 (+5)

Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)

Sp Atk: 65 -> 58 (-7)

Sp Def: 50 -> 90 (+40)

Speed: 58 -> 90 (+32)

Rampardos doesn't need much of an attack boost. He just needed a boost to all his other underwhelming stats (barring the Sp Atk he would never bother with)

Hey man Sheer Force Fire Blast or Ice Beam is a pretty beastly tech on Rampardos.

I think honestly a Mega Rampardos should focus mostly on Speed.

Hey man Sheer Force Fire Blast or Ice Beam is a pretty beastly tech on Rampardos.

I think honestly a Mega Rampardos should focus mostly on Speed.

I think Mr Spaz wanted it not to be broken.... Rampardos is offensively too good to be really fast. Would be Uber-like with a high speed. But yeah, that"s the stat you need to incease to make it good.

I must add that I loved the Mega Castform idea

Mega Articuno

Type: Flying/Ice

Ability: No Guard

HP: 100 (+10)

Atk: 65 (-20)

Def: 125 (+25)

Sp Atk: 140 (+45)

Sp Def: 125

Speed: 125 (+40)

Sweeper @ bulk <3

I think Mr Spaz wanted it not to be broken.... Rampardos is offensively too good to be really fast. Would be Uber-like with a high speed. But yeah, that"s the stat you need to incease to make it good.

Mega Articuno

Sweeper @ bulk

This...made me think of things.

Mega Moltres

Type: Fire/Flying

Ability: Magic Guard (which, remember, prevents recoil)

HP: 90

Atk: 140 (+40)

Def: 90

Sp Atk: 100 (-25)

Sp Def: 90 (+5)

Speed: 160 (+70)

And then you give it Flare Blitz and Brave Bird and bam

less bulky more offensive Ho-Oh XD

Not a super serious suggestion but it sure would be fun.

Sooo I made megas for the kanto birds literally 3 days ago so there's that, but here are some more

[spoiler=0.0] Mega Articuno

Ice/Flying

Ability: Snow Warning

HP: 90>90

ATK: 85>85

DEF: 100>130

SPATK: 95>130

SPDEF: 125>130

SPE: 85>105

Mega Zapdos

Electric/Flying

Ability: Drizzle

ATK: 90>90

DEF: 85>100

SPATK: 125>150

SPDEF: 90>100

SPE: 100>150

Note: Also gets access to Hurricane

Mega Moltres

Fire/Flying

Ability:Drought

ATK: 100>110

DEF: 90>120

SPATK: 125>140

SPDEF: 85>120

SPE: 90>100

Mega Arcanine

Fire/Dragon

Ability:Noble Guard- Negates secondary effects of moves and any non direct damage used by this Pokémon, such as recoil, hurting self in confusion if caused by a move this Pokémon used etc. Negates secondary effects like sheer force. (sorry if that's confusing)

ATK: 110>135

DEF: 80>95

SPATK: 100>124

SPDEF: 80>95

SPE: 95>116

Mega Shuckle (cuz why not)

Bug/Rock

Ability: Shell Armor

HP: 20>

ATK: 10>75

DEF: 230>170

SPATK: 10>70

SPDEF: 230>170

SPE: 5>100

Mega Cacturne

Grass/Dark

Ability: Scarecrow-Immunity to sand, water type move heal by 25% and flying types ATK drops by 1 stage on switch in

HP: 70>70

ATK: 115>125

DEF: 60>110

SPATK: 115>125

SPDEF: 60>110

SPE: 55>35

Mega Lanturn

Water/Electric

Ability: Conductor-(Storm Drain + Lightning Rod)

HP: 125>125

ATK: 58>58

DEF: 58>100

SPATK: 76>108

SPDEF: 76>100

SPE: 67>67

Mega Jumpluff

Grass/Flying

Ability: Infiltrator

HP: 75>75

ATK: 55>95

DEF: 70>90

SPATK: 55>95

SPDEF: 95>95

SPE: 110>110

Note: Also gets Spore

Mega Shedinja

Bug/Ghost

Ability: Perfect Guard (Wonder Guard + Magic Guard)

HP: 1>1

ATK: 90>130

DEF: 45>45

SPATK: 30>45

SPDEF: 30>30

SPE: 40>85

Mega Lapras

Water/Ice

HP: 130>130

ATK: 85>100

DEF: 80>120

SPATK: 85>100

SPDEF: 95>120

SPE: 60>65

There's quite a few

EDIT: Thanks about Castform :)

Mega Articuno

Sweeper @ bulk <3

Something I wanted to mention was that because of the way HP is calculated among whatever other reasons it isn't increased in relation to Mega Evolutions (unless we want to ignore that :P)

Also, what about regular evolutions? Some 'mons could use those tbh.

Archived