Super Showdown Society (closed)

I need to know why I lost to several kids using gimmicks while using a sample team that's supposed to be good

I am a salt shaker 24/7 while playing pokemon with anons, it can't be helped.

Sample team? That's part of the problem. Did you figure out why those Pokemon were chosen, what they're meant to go against, etc?

Also gimmicks catch people off guard, one must be able to recover quickly. Like with Bulk Up Lando probably could've been played better and you'd have lost less things.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow

I rest my case

I usually use Mega Scizor to the best effect, since he can fill so many roles, either as a defogger, a sweeper, a wallbreaker, or a cleaner. His typing is also freaking amazing for what he does.

Mega Diancie is pretty cool in Balanced Hackmons, due to Atespeed or Magic Guard.

Aerodactyl is also fun in that same tier because it resists Aerilate and Oblivion Wing, and thus can tank even rayquaza at +2 with the right investment, then use a No Guard Sing to pass substitutes and Diamond Storm it to death.

Defensive Mega Scisor is my favorite Scisor.

Personally my favorite Mega to use is Manectric, it's simple but so fun to play around with.

Other than that, Mega Venusaur will always be my bro. Surprisingly a lot of options, and all good.

I've even run physical Mega Venusaur, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Power Whip, Earthquake.

Yes Flying is a problem but flying is always a problem with Venusaur.

My favorite Mega to use hmm...that's a pretty hard one. It's definitely between Mega Scizor, Lopunny, and Alakazam however. I only say Mega Scizor because I usually end up using it, and for good reason - I love the bulk and utility on that thing, especially the bulky SD set, which is the set that I tend to use almost exclusively. It just checks so many things due to its great typing that it just kind of becomes hard not to use the thing.

Mega Lopunny and Mega Alakazam are definitely ones that I find a lot more fun to use, however. Their high speed and power are extremely fun to use, and both of them have fun abilities to abuse (Scrappy and Trace respectively). Just nuking sheet with that speed is great fun, especially with Lopunny since you don't really have to worry about coverage. They both also get fun options outside of coverage, like Encore Mega Alakazam. It's tough - I like both of them for similar reasons.

Honorable Mentions go to Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill (the latter moreso just because I love Beedrill to death and seeing it have a viable spot in OU warms my heart, plus its fun to use).

I love LC because this is the only place i can sweep with skiddo

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-349888618

It really confused me why he's use Automize against Cottonee (or in general but that's neither here nor there)

Though what do you do when you encounter something that resists Grass?

Alright so 3 for OU, 6 for LC, looking like it'll be LC

I'll wait for either

1.) LC is 5 ahead

2.) The 31st and whoever has the most

3.) Monday and OU hasn't gotten another vote

It really confused me why he's use Automize against Cottonee (or in general but that's neither here nor there)

Though what do you do when you encounter something that resists Grass?

Alright so 3 for OU, 6 for LC, looking like it'll be LC

I'll wait for either

1.) LC is 5 ahead

2.) The 31st and whoever has the most

3.) Monday and OU hasn't gotten another vote

2513e9c8aada1b618737490108f65eba.png

Rock slide for them fire types yo

Oh for some reason I thought it had Milk Drink...probably too used to Gogoat who uses this set except Milk Drink instead of Leaf Blade.

Also I noticed something. You hate HP don't you? XD

I just never really think of health since in LC you tend not to invest too heavily in it due to Berry juice being more effective with less.

Plus having symmetrical defenses really satisfies my slight ocd. 14/14, 21/21 with eviolite.

Ok but guys custom games.

The sets that are possible are hilarious, because you can have mons that are level 9999 with like 32 moves. There's also no banlist, so Wonder Guard, Huge Power, and Shadow Tag are all viable.

[spoiler=My Team So Far]

The Pussy Destroyer (Pikachu-Libre) (M) @ Light Ball  

Ability: Huge Power  
Level: 9999  
Shiny: Yes  
- Extreme Speed  
- Bolt Strike  
- Shift Gear  
- Flare Blitz  
- Milk Drink  
- Heal Order  
- Taunt  
- Gastro Acid  
- Substitute  
- Earthquake  
- King's Shield  
- U-turn  
- Baton Pass  
- Will-o-Wisp  

The Pussy Defender (Pikachu-Belle) @ Air Balloon  
Ability: Wonder Guard  
- Volt Switch  
- Safeguard  
- Aromatherapy  
- Taunt  
- Magic Coat  
- Stealth Rock  
- Gastro Acid  
- Spikes  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Sticky Web  
- Heal Order  
- Milk Drink  
- Sand Tomb  
- Perish Song  
- Mean Look  
- Quiver Dance  
- Baton Pass  
- Overheat  
- Earth Power  

•w• (Dusclops) (M) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Prankster  
Shiny: Yes  
- Imprison  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Belly Drum  
- King's Shield  
- Spiky Shield  
- Protect  
- Perish Song  
- Heal Order  
- Recover  
- Slack Off  
- Roost  
- Milk Drink  
- Extreme Speed  
- Swords Dance  
- Shift Gear  
- U-turn  
- Trick  
- Switcheroo  
- Tailwind  

U think I'm Dum (Blissey) (F) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Imposter  
- Whirlwind  
- Trick  
- Switcheroo  
- Taunt  

I really wanna see what kind of weirdness we can conjure up with this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-351781859

Weird-ass glitch in BH where using protean Curse curses yourself.

That's quite weird. Also amusing how that Mega-Tar is the perfect thing to ruin Imposter Chansey. What was the last move? Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off, Diamond Storm, ???

Also your name worries me.

I guess we're doing LC unless OU gets a bunch of votes in the next few hours.

Edit: Little Cup it is.

Also, I feel accomplished because I nominated an OM for April's OMotM and it ended up winning.

Next month's OMotM will be Ability Unity, where any Pokemon can get any ability as long as there is another Pokemon that shares its type combination with it and can get that ability

Archived