Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what could really change the meta. Items that adds an additional typing to a pokemon. You give up your item slot to add more defensive coverage while also giving you another stab element.

Change the meta sounds like an understatement. For all intents and purposes, additional typing items would basically be playing a completely different game.

Getting back into UU after the Salamence ban. Turns out Crawdaunt is c r a z y.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-415665655

I always pause a moment when I see Mamo cause I use it in OU and forget it's UU

And yes, Adaptability Aqua Jet and Knock off is insane on its own but then it gets TWO great set up moves on top of that. Though it is a bit slow and has a lotta big weaknesses.

Suicune is literally the only reason I don't particularly enjoy UU, thinking about it. Beatable but annoying. You dealt with it easily here. Pretty much Trick is the best way.

You change your name so many times I assumed you were the one that we got the "perspective" of

Oh yeah I do that incessantly

[spoiler=my billion names]

AnalogGentleman

ImInMathClassBro

ImInLatinBro

ImNotAFurry

Gay 4 Pangoro

Gay Dads 101

HayPapiChulo

Condensed Spite

Self-Abuse Central

For Friend

Mayor BH

Wow I’m Garbage

Haximum

Haximum Capacity

Androgen Peroxide

The Iron Weeaboo

TomorrowNeverDies

Bibarel Obsession

Literal Salt

InsideOutIntestine

Liberal Salt

GayWrongsActivist

Eleanor Gravy

Steak + Eggs

Spongesu

YCMaker

Ten Foot Softy

Mods Not Gods

Yiffbot

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-415998414

I officially declare the Tier Shift Tournament... over!

EDIT: Replaced link cause I did it wrong in my haste :/

You don't get to officially declare things. Sassy.

Twas a pretty cool match all together.

And NOW...it is over, at loooong long long long long long (three months :T )last.

http://challonge.com/wfu9ot12

3rd: MiracleGhost

2nd: Reptilious

1st: Stalfos

Congrats, all X3

Will send points, and change rankings in OP, soon.

Not sure when the next, PU, tournament will be but hopefully it runs more smoothly

[spoiler=2016 Ranking]1 - Spaz: 16-7

2 - CowCow: 11-9

3 - Reptilious: 10-10

4 - Azure: 9-8

5 -Button: 8-10

6 - Hyde: 6-6

7 - shadowliepard: 5-7

8 - Stalfos: 5-0

9 - Mirei: 2-4

9 - Yui: 2-4

10 - Catman: 2-2

10 - MiracleGhost: 2-2

11 - Harbinger: 1-11

12 - SoulFire: 1-4

12 - Spinda: 1-4

13 - Zauls: 0-2

13 - Birdie: 0-2

[spoiler=Overall Top 10]

1 - CowCow: 30-22

2 - Button: 24-26

3 - Hydreigon: 22-10

4 - Spaz: 16-9

5 - Yui: 15-18

6 - Reptilious: 14-8

7 - Azure Wolf: 13-15

8 - Catman25: 9-6

9 - Stalfos: 9-2

10 - Spinda: 7-12

10 - Rai: 6-6

Sorry for no screenshots or replays, but I encountered something very interesting

So I'm laddering a new alt in BH for basically no reason at all and I come across this very interesting guy who was absolute sheet at the game. Like he wasn't just bad at BH he was bad at Pokemon period.[1] Bibliography: [1] Switching Weavile into Diancie turn 1 while he had 3 other tank options in Chansey, Blissey, and Gira saying something along the lines of he wanted it to die

So basically he's bad and of course I have to mention it and the hilarious thing is he's a filthy casual,,,,,on ladder.

He said stuff like "I love how seriously you're taking this game" and "it's just a game take it back 10 notches"

Yet he went on the RATED LADDER. With a sheet team. That he knew was and wanted to be sheet. Expecting people to cut him slack.

Hilarious.

Sorry for no screenshots or replays, but I encountered something very interesting

So I'm laddering a new alt in BH for basically no reason at all and I come across this very interesting guy who was absolute s*** at the game. Like he wasn't just bad at BH he was bad at Pokemon period.[1] Bibliography: [1] Switching Weavile into Diancie turn 1 while he had 3 other tank options in Chansey, Blissey, and Gira saying something along the lines of he wanted it to die

So basically he's bad and of course I have to mention it and the hilarious thing is he's a filthy casual,,,,,on ladder.

He said stuff like "I love how seriously you're taking this game" and "it's just a game take it back 10 notches"

Yet he went on the RATED LADDER. With a s*** team. That he knew was and wanted to be s***. Expecting people to cut him slack.

Hilarious.

Whats the problem? Wanting to lose on purpose is fun. :)

So I'm laddering a new alt in BH for basically no reason at all and I come across this very interesting guy who was absolute sheet at the game. Like he wasn't just bad at BH he was bad at Pokemon period.[1] Bibliography: [1] Switching Weavile into Diancie turn 1 while he had 3 other tank options in Chansey, Blissey, and Gira saying something along the lines of he wanted it to die

Yet he went on the RATED LADDER. With a sheet team. That he knew was and wanted to be sheet. Expecting people to cut him slack.

Hilarious.

They annoyed me at least.

I have a replay now too http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-416161894

To be honest, both of these stories make you sound like a little bit of an ass. I mean, no disrespect, but cut a kid some slack, man.

To be honest, both of these stories make you sound like a little bit of an ass. I mean, no disrespect, but cut a kid some slack, man.

Eh, you're being honest/correct.

I try not to be rude to people on YCM (from now on) and in real life, but on PS Ladder, that was me being relatively nice. In unrated battles you could 6-0 me and it wouldn't matter, but on ladder I have a lot to lose when I go for gold so my competitive, edgy teenager sort of takes the reigns.

That probably speaks volumes about me as a human being and will reflect poorly upon others' opinions on me in the future :^)

Anyway enough about me deserving painful death, it's time for an excuse to attention seek

[spoiler=New Team]

http://hastebin.com/ezayutuful.md

HAY PAPI CHULO (Pikachu-Libre) (M) @ Light Ball

Ability: Imposter

EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Whirlwind

- Fake Out

- King's Shield

- Will-O-Wisp

Kyurem-White @ Life Orb

Ability: Refrigerate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Rash Nature

- Quiver Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Boomburst

- Magma Storm

Garchomp-Mega @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature

- Shift Gear

- Thousand Arrows

- Leech Seed

- Will-O-Wisp

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Fur Coat

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Impish Nature

- Gastro Acid

- King's Shield

- Recover

- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Will-O-Wisp

- Parting Shot

- Defog

- Heal Order

Shedinja @ Lum Berry

Ability: Sturdy

Level: 1

EVs: 252 SpA

Quiet Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Recycle

- Volt Switch

- Endeavor

- Whirlpool

So it's really bad right now but I scored a few games thanks to Godchomp. I have no idea why nobody thought of making PH Chomp a thing when it's got some really nice niches that set it apart from Ttar.

Strengths lie mostly in pivoting because everything is heavily impproofed. Weaknesses lie in the fact that there's only 2 offensive mons not reliant on your opponent and Pikachu has 0 bulk. It also cannot KO Giratina yet, which is why I changed Kyu-B to Kyu-W

Kyurem is impproofed by Aegi and Chansey while Chomp impproofs itself.

Needs another offensive mon not reliant on opponent's team.

Haha, you're a cool guy, don't worry. Just hoping the kid wasn't perpetually scared from laddering from here on out.

Thanks, because I'm practicing not being cringeworthy when I can ( • u •)

Not gonna lie; if you want to go on ladder, you should at least form some semblance of a team. Like, it's okay if it's missing a component or two, or if you're still trying to get experience, because everybody has to learn before they're a pro (as I am still learning). I take issue with people who don't care. If you don't care about competitive, then don't play on ladder. Play with friends. If you don't have friends and you're a casual, then why are you not trying to remedy that because a casual without friends is about as successful as a bicyclist without legs

But I guess it's not the end of the world. At least it's free elo

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-416257406 This literally describes monotype perfectly

Thanks, because I'm practicing not being cringeworthy when I can ( • u •)

Not gonna lie; if you want to go on ladder, you should at least form some semblance of a team. Like, it's okay if it's missing a component or two, or if you're still trying to get experience, because everybody has to learn before they're a pro (as I am still learning). I take issue with people who don't care. If you don't care about competitive, then don't play on ladder. Play with friends. If you don't have friends and you're a casual, then why are you not trying to remedy that because a casual without friends is about as successful as a bicyclist without legs

But I guess it's not the end of the world. At least it's free elo

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-416257406 This literally describes monotype perfectly

To be fair I've done stupid things like make a team called "Team Kawaii" which included a Kirlia, which sucks, and brought a PU team to Ubers.

Then again I used my "test account"...And I still got wins somehow >.>

But I do understand frustrations like that. Probably just best to not say anything, you likely won't see much of them.

Also that guy was an idiot. If you make a Monotype team you're supposed to prepare for the teams they're worse against... (Colbur berry, Aura Sphere, Mew is pretty decent for that). Not to mention take out Bisharp and Gardevoir can do a ton there. Like I beat Rock with Bug. I really hate instant forfeits....

To be fair I've done stupid things like make a team called "Team Kawaii" which included a Kirlia, which sucks, and brought a PU team to Ubers.

Then again I used my "test account"...And I still got wins somehow >.>

But I do understand frustrations like that. Probably just best to not say anything, you likely won't see much of them.

Also that guy was an idiot. If you make a Monotype team you're supposed to prepare for the teams they're worse against... (Colbur berry, Aura Sphere, Mew is pretty decent for that). Not to mention take out Bisharp and Gardevoir can do a ton there. Like I beat Rock with Bug. I really hate instant forfeits....

I fought him again and he 5-0ed me though so that's nice

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-416501763 This guy was so nice =/////=

Archived