Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't have a special check, Assault Vest Raikou. If you don't have an Excadrill check/is running Landorus-T, run Mega Manectric.

Is Excadrill really something that needs to be checked? It may just be me, but on pretty much any team I've made I've been able to deal with it.

It seems to be a sweeper mainly in Sandstorm, so otherwise I wouldn't be too worried.

Is Excadrill really something that needs to be checked? It may just be me, but on pretty much any team I've made I've been able to deal with it.

I guess most teams have an answer. Sometimes, it does just wreck and having an extra Intimidater is good.

I have a conundrum. I really want to use Jolteon, but he's not as good as he once was (was OU, now...UU?). What would be the idea Volt Switcher replacement, if any?

Manectric?

Manectric is pretty good, Raikou is a bulkier option. Rotom Wash is an even bulkier option but if you want a more offensive Volt Switcher not the greatest.

Shoutout to the Thundurus forms if you want really strong Volt Switches.

It seems to be a sweeper mainly in Sandstorm, so otherwise I wouldn't be too worried.

idk about that I've punched holes into teams with Excadrill. It has a ton of power and STAB EQ.

When you think about it, Anything Goes is pretty cool and neat and a bit tough to play.

You all should try it

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-395615393

Defeated a ladder giant, almost messed up at the end with mega ray.

Amoonguss is a big ass player in the game he funking runs the scene and checks xerneas at +2.

My main concern is...if I don't know the meta well enough, so many things can totally ruin my day. Like in other tiers there's some threats to look out for but in AA....anything could happen and so many things could screw over your team without you even thinking about it.

My main concern is...if I don't know the meta well enough, so many things can totally ruin my day. Like in other tiers there's some threats to look out for but in AA....anything could happen and so many things could screw over your team without you even thinking about it.

I was about to say BH, but tbh it's a lot less creative in practice. 

I wonder if AG is the same way too, though. As far as at least the low ladder, I'd estimate that the best things would be E-Killer Arceus, Primal Don, and Mega Rayquaza.

Wait does Random Battle set Mawile to Ubers level even when not Mega? Poor thing...

I could have mega evolved the Mawile but sort of forgot. I think the Mawile was Focus Punch Mawile, though that might have been a different game.

Anyway Gen 1 randoms

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-396719724

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-396723143All hail Paras.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-397339658

Lol this baka

Thought that 2 random ass burns and a couple of predicts made him good.

*GalaVega used Taunt* "It failed"

But yeah those kinds of players are annoying, you did the right thing by ignoring them through most of it :P

Had you lost I would have disowned you

While waiting on the Spinda and Reptilous battle, a mini-challenge to you all. Post replays and if you do well then rep for you.

A team, any tier, that has on it a Mon KNOWN for non-offensive sets (Statuses, Hazards, etc) such a Forretress, Gourgeist, etc with ONLY attacking moves. A single set up move would be okay. Keep in mind they gotta be something that's basically never seen with such a thing. Stuff Florges doesn't count, as there have been CM variants.

While waiting on the Spinda and Reptilous battle, a mini-challenge to you all. Post replays and if you do well then rep for you.

A team, any tier, that has on it a Mon KNOWN for non-offensive sets (Statuses, Hazards, etc) such a Forretress, Gourgeist, etc with ONLY attacking moves. A single set up move would be okay. Keep in mind they gotta be something that's basically never seen with such a thing. Stuff Florges doesn't count, as there have been CM variants.

What's a rep? 

Okay that was cute ngl

By the way while you're here. What Mons are there in Hackmons that tend to just be support and you never see as offensive?

*cracks nuckles*

Registeel: Probably one of the best support Pokemon in BH. It's got good typing and stats, and since it gets access to any ability and moves, those are all it needs. It's usually either Prankster or Magic Bounce.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Regirock: A bit worse than Registeel due to its mediocre typing, but in sandstorms, it can get in the way of Aerilate users and tank hits. Regenvest in sandstorms is hilarious.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Giratina: The bulkiest Pokemon around. The only things holding it back are its weaknesses to Dragon, Ice, Ghost, and Dark. Some people play Griseous Orb just to tank Knock Off. 

Aegislash: Basically the same as Registeel, but with the added Ghost typing, which can be either better or worse depending on the situation. It's sometimes used to wall Contrary users.

Slowbro-Mega: I haven't really seen this guy outside of being an -Ate wall, which it does alright. Soundproof backed up by that huge Defense usually stops them dead in their tracks.

Aggron-Mega: If you use offensive Mega Aggron, you're bad. Watch out for Refrigerate Boomburst, because even coming off of that terrible Special Attack, it'll still 1-2HKO Mega Rayquaza through substitutes.

Non-Imposter Chansey: Fur Coat is usually the best option, but even so, you'll never see a non-imposter Chansey that isn't support. Hope you've got Knock Off, because the thing is almost unkillable.

Whatever Noobs Think Would Be Good: Be careful in Low Ladder, because you can get cheesed very easily.

Thanks for the lesson...Snatch? What do we even call you anymore? :o

Refrigerate Mega-Aggron...huh.

You seem to find all the worst people XD
>reads name

Yeah already a "great" start

At least he knew when to give up the act at the end I suppose.

Welp, I did run an Assault Vest Forretress back in the day. One mo, I'll try to get it back up and running again.

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-397968044

There ya go, one Assault Vest Forretress :]

Archived