Super Showdown Society (closed)

Did my first game in BH, I did pretty bad even though I won imo. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-416547939

Stored Power is absurd in this format o.o .... course there is a down side http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-416552290

That Damage O.o http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-416558731

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, how do you stop a Mega Gengar with Normalize & Entrainment?

Mostly, as Beary said, Trick. Something faster also would work, especially as you can switch out on the Entrainment. Also if you want to be that guy, Swagger.

So basically what the above said but don't forget some moves like Swagger will still work.

Mostly, as Beary said, Trick. Something faster also would work, especially as you can switch out on the Entrainment. Also if you want to be that guy, Swagger.

So basically what the above said but don't forget some moves like Swagger will still work.

Why Trick exactly? Trick just swaps items. I'm guessing just to give a choice item?

Why Trick exactly? Trick just swaps items.

If you outspeed with the Scarf and use Trick, you've just given them a Choice Scarf. They can't use any other moves unless they switch out now. If you wanna be trollzy, you can also give something Prankster & Trick and have them carry a Lagging Tail.

Force it to have a Choice Item and it can't do anything worthwhile.

Also I just realized, if it has Normalize, then Rock, Steel, and other Ghosts wall it.

They wall it but at the same time they can't do anything to it. Haven't seen to many choice item holders in BH. There was a 5 raquaza + steel arcues that used them but I took care of that team easily.

They wall it but at the same time they can't do anything to it. Haven't seen to many choice item holders in BH. There was a 5 raquaza + steel arcues that used them but I took care of that team easily.

The thing is, there are some moves that can work on it. Phasing moves, confusion moves, being faster and hitting it with something such as a status or strong move (If this thing is Burned and you have a Ghost type and they don't have Heal Bell it's useless). Basically it's a bit of a grind but if you have something that can easily take its hits, then you just have to work around it. Hit it when you can, KO the things besides it so it has less support to deal with the things it can't, and whatever you do do NOT let it get a free switch in. Always try to make it take some damage when it comes out.

Force it to have a Choice Item and it can't do anything worthwhile.

Also I just realized, if it has Normalize, then Rock, Steel, and other Ghosts wall it.

NRRRRRRRT

Judgment + Spooky Plate ignores Normalize and imposterproofs the set.

But anyway, it's usually ridiculously easy to stop as long as you know what you're doing. Just switch in Aerilate and it gets OHKOed by Espeed, or use Whirlwind. The mold breaker variant is soooooo much better.

As for you

Your team needs a touch or or two or three. Paste it in so I can see it all in detail.

NRRRRRRRT

Judgment + Spooky Plate ignores Normalize and imposterproofs the set.

But anyway, it's usually ridiculously easy to stop as long as you know what you're doing. Just switch in Aerilate and it gets OHKOed by Espeed, or use Whirlwind. The mold breaker variant is soooooo much better.

As for you

Your team needs a touch or or two or three. Paste it in so I can see it all in detail.

It's mostly for fun but my win rate isn't to bad. Currently 27W 20 L

Not going for ultra optimal.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb  

Ability: Gale Wings  

Shiny: Yes  

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe  

Timid Nature  

IVs: 0 Atk  

- Substitute  

- Oblivion Wing  

- Tail Glow  

- Magma Storm  

Chansey @ Eviolite  

Ability: Imposter  

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe  

Bold Nature  

- Recover  

- Fake Out  

- Metal Burst  

- Whirlwind  

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Spooky Plate  

Ability: Insomnia  

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  

Timid Nature  

- Quiver Dance  

- Stored Power  

- King's Shield  

- Judgment  

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate  

Ability: Pixilate  

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  

Naive Nature  

- Fake Out  

- Boomburst  

- Extreme Speed  

- King's Shield  

Arceus-Ghost @ Toxic Orb  

Ability: Poison Heal  

EVs: 44 HP / 248 Atk / 216 Spe  

Jolly Nature  

- Facade  

- King's Shield  

- Trick  

- Spikes  

Giratina @ Leftovers  

Ability: Normalize  

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe  

- Entrainment  

- Mean Look  

- Oblivion Wing  

- Dark Void  

It's mostly for fun but my win rate isn't to bad. Currently 27W 20 L

Not going for ultra optimal.

27 wins 20 losses is, um, a 57.44% win rate. I don't think that's very good.

I'd give Diancie V-Create over King's Shield. I don't know why they recommend King's Shield for it, V-create is much better. If you're using Pixie, though, then I'd be careful with it, since it would be a narrow 2hko.

No idea why you would have MMY be Insomnia. The ability is honestly bad. Even Simple would be better than insomnia, although I'd recommend Mold Breaker so that it can't be stopped by Shedinja.

I'd switch out spikes on Arceus for Shift Gear and Trick for Leech Seed or Will-O-Wisp. That way it can imposter-proof itself by either gaining more HP from the imposter or burning them and cutting their ATK. Leech is also better against shedinja. Make sure it only has enough speed to outspeed MMY or Mega Sceptile after one Shift Gear so that you can put the rest in bulk.

Stop using Normalize Gira. That's a waste of space.

I'd use it either as Griseous Orb Magic Bounce or Regenvest pivot. The moves for that are usually Nuzzle/Dtail/U-turn/Super Fang or something with 0 IVs and neg nature in speed so it's slow.

Other than that, I have no idea how you could lose against low ladder with this team. Gale Wings Ray is pretty much a wincon alone. 

Not sure how you check -Ate, or Impproof your own -Ate or Mega Ray. Shedinja would be a good option for both of those, except the ray is Magma Storm. 

I hate this tier....... :P

It's not a tier, it's a religion

27 wins 20 losses is, um, a 57.44% win rate. I don't think that's very good.

I'd give Diancie V-Create over King's Shield. I don't know why they recommend King's Shield for it, V-create is much better. If you're using Pixie, though, then I'd be careful with it, since it would be a narrow 2hko.

No idea why you would have MMY be Insomnia. The ability is honestly bad. Even Simple would be better than insomnia, although I'd recommend Mold Breaker so that it can't be stopped by Shedinja.

I'd switch out spikes on Arceus for Shift Gear and Trick for Leech Seed or Will-O-Wisp. That way it can imposter-proof itself by either gaining more HP from the imposter or burning them and cutting their ATK. Leech is also better against shedinja. Make sure it only has enough speed to outspeed MMY or Mega Sceptile after one Shift Gear so that you can put the rest in bulk.

Stop using Normalize Gira. That's a waste of space.

I'd use it either as Griseous Orb Magic Bounce or Regenvest pivot. The moves for that are usually Nuzzle/Dtail/U-turn/Super Fang or something with 0 IVs and neg nature in speed so it's slow.

Other than that, I have no idea how you could lose against low ladder with this team. Gale Wings Ray is pretty much a wincon alone. 

Not sure how you check -Ate, or Impproof your own -Ate or Mega Ray. Shedinja would be a good option for both of those, except the ray is Magma Storm. 

Well you gotta remember, I do play to lose alot. So some of my losses come from that. :3 About 5-6

I'll be keeping Trick.It's a way to hard counter shed if I can't spike in time or Defog is a thing(Ran into that and trick came out of no where :3) I know Leech Seed can counter but I don't like it as much. Don't like Shift gear as much either, had it on a Normal Arcues just didn't work well with me.

I like the Normalize though, it's so trolly :3 Give me something equally as trolly or get out (kinding)

Insomnia is there because of all the stupid Dark Void & Spore. Stupid sleep <-<

Careful about double posts btw. Try and edit your first post instead unless it's been a day or so.

lmfao he wasted a boosted Dialga for DOOM DESIRE. Like wow, that's just telling someone "Kill me".

Archived