YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 4

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Just for reference, Round 2 will be going up on Friday.

For reference, from here on out, all matches are 1v1 style.

So yeah, you will have 32 round warfare like last time; except it's either one or the other.

HOWEVER, there were some tied matches in preliminaries, so there are 72 participants right now; as opposed to the ideal 64.

Therefore, 8 of the R2 matches will be 3Ps.

Look at this way; it'll be a lot easier to coordinate the matches instead of having 5P battles; because the chances of you having to vote against nominations will increase dramatically in those cases.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, matches 7-13 were added a while ago.

Needless to say that 13 got ended early, because of the heavy sweep in it.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting that match to get that heated in a single day.

But I suppose this means we introduce a mercy rule.

"If a candidate has a 8-vote lead or more after 6+ hours, the match will be ended quickly; as not to draw out things."

If the Pokes had feelings, they'd probably appreciate being put out of their misery instead of being forced to suffer a slow, painful 2-day death.

Yeah, we've had situations where a reversal is shown; but in cases like 2-13; the results looked pretty clear.

Probably.

Anyway, matches 14-20 are up.

And unfortunately Nai bit the dust this round, so he and Zextra are out of contention this tournament by close calls. (Zex lost by 1; Nai lost by 2).

(This means I have to represent CC on my own in this tournament from here on out; shouldn't be a problem. I have two avatars confirmed for Round 3; gotta wait a few days to see how the last one goes.)

We'll have the consolation match in W-1 later for Zex and Nai. You've seen me vs Zex enough times already (although we DID have a 3-way mod battle in W-5, which Nai won).

Too bad this couldn't have happened in the regular rounds; I remember GPT 2, match 4-1 was epic.

----

2-21 to 2-26 are up; while 2-14 to 2-20 are completed.

Well, I can say that Minun's getting a one-way pass to my kill list now; although with that in mind, Keldeo did much better than his previous two attempts, so that's something he can die happy knowing.

And now Arcanine is left as the Spanish-speaker (like he originally was)

Things got close in the end, and one vote could've made it or broke it. Unfortunately, that vote broke it.

Oh well, but that's opinion. I can't do anything about that.

----

As for 2-24, going to try something different and that something is using standard art for Latias as opposed to the 5Ds one.

It's basically come to attention that a lot of voters opt not to vote for either of the Eons (or even Milotic) due to them using different pics than standard. 

Really guys, just vote for the Pokes you like, NOT because the images show off different things.

Remember, some Pokes represent certain users here; we even mentioned this several times by now.

Anyway, let's see if things change a bit.

(The alternate images will be used during CC brawls in round 3; although all will be hypotheticals since we know Zex and Nai are out this round)

Yeah, a lot of Pokes you like are biting the dust.

In this round, we lost the following so far:

• Zextra (in avatar form)
  • Night (as Darkrai)
  • Nai (in avatar form)
  • Vaporeon
  • Kalosian death bird
  • Unova's sword colt
  • Eevee
  • Pikachu
  • Megaree
  • Mudkip
  • Delphox
  • Rara
  • Gastrodon
  • Jirachi
  • Luxray
  • Breloom
  • Maractus
  • Mewtwo
  • Torterra

The list goes on.

----

Let's hope the new change works.

And once Round 3 starts; W-1 will be Milotic v Altaria (or in YMB terms, Zextra vs Nai).

Maybe we'll have another repeat of Zex vs me; but you guys have seen it twice already.

----

Also remember that we still got 6 more fights left.

With the conclusion of the next 6 matches, Jirachi and Dewgong have left my kill list following their defeat.

Although Kingdra and Ninetales remain on my kill list after their victory.

This next batch seems more relaxed, though I do have one of my remaining nominations (Sylveon) duking it out.

The final batch will have my remaining nomination and the rest of my kill list (4 pokes).

Let's just see if that does anything to help Latias out; now that any "special treatment" has been removed.

However, keep in mind that the 5Ds image will still be used; but now reserved for matches against Zextra.

And again, Zex v Nai will appear in Round 3.

I can guess British just got booted to the top of said list.

I lost Keldeo and Yveltal this round; former I already suspected (and it could've been a tie, if a certain member's vote went the other way). 

Everything else is still in contention.

Both of my Eons and Espeon are in, so secure there.

Same goes for Xerneas and Rayquaza.

Just need to see how Raikou and Reshi fare, but I can probably guess things won't end well.

Archived